Explain the different mods

Sorry if this is repetitive. I didn't see my 3rd question asked here. But wanted a little clarification please.

I see some with a different number of dots on top. Different colors and symbols in them.

I'm assuming the dots are rarity from 1-5.

Color? No idea.

Symbol I'm guessing it's what the mid is based for? I think I saw the health one with a health symbol?

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Its confusing as hell... the lil tutorial wasnt good enough considering the complexity of different symbols etc
  • Glad I'm not alone
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Mod's Explained
    All subject to change with update

Symbol is mod type which is used to form sets to get bonus.

Dot's are rarity 1->5 dots, MK1->Mk5. This affects how much the primary Stat will boost by. Higher rarity higher boost. 1->2 are available in mod battles 3->5 are available in mod challenges

Also the higher the rarity the more credits to remove. Currently 5 Dot/MK5 is rarest

Color is based on secondary stats it currently has. Color changes with level, addition of secondary stats, and all mods can go to level 15 and have 4 secondary stats, gold.

At levels 3, 6, 9, and 12, a secondary stat will be added or an existing secondary stat will be increased

Blue starts with 2 secondary stats
    Green starts with 1 secondary stat
    White starts with 0 secondary stats

The added secondary stats from what I can tell are completely random so seeing them ahead of time can be helpful.

Set bonuses can stack. (only works with 2 mod sets)
    6 health mods at level 15 will give you 45% added health 3 sets of 2 health mods at 15% each. Set bonuses are independent of dots/rarity/mk level (MK1 set gives same bonus as Mk5)

For % based increase in a Stat this is added first to base than any numerical based Stat is added

Example:
    Base 15000 health mod with 25% and +1000 health will give you 19750 health.
    15000 x 1.25 = 18750
    18750 + 1000 = 19750

You don't have to get a certain bonus set to boost that Stat.

Example Ignoring all secondary stats

Rey with 4 mod speed max bonus set, 25% increase, would go to 205 speed.

However one mk5 heath mod with primary Stat of +59 speed would take her to 223 speed.

Rey with with Mk5 health mod with primary Stat of +59 speed and 4 speed mod max bonus set would take her to 264 speed.

IMO do not buy mods from Mod shipments.

Edit: Added more info..
    Post edited by scuba on
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    I think there is a letter associated with the quality of them also...A seems like the best. I think it's related to how many secondary stats the mod starts with. The sheer number of combos is a bit frightening and I can see wasting lots and lots of credits to try and get the mix you want. Hopefully they'll streamline things in the update...I believe they mentioned something to that effect.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Robert wrote: »
    I think there is a letter associated with the quality of them also...A seems like the best. I think it's related to how many secondary stats the mod starts with. The sheer number of combos is a bit frightening and I can see wasting lots and lots of credits to try and get the mix you want. Hopefully they'll streamline things in the update...I believe they mentioned something to that effect.

Yes there is a grade. Which relates to colors. Which relates to number of secondary stats.

At level 15 they all have 4 secondary stats, gold grade A, regardless of where they started.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Mod's Explained
    All subject to change with update

Symbol is mod type which is used to form sets to get bonus.

Dot's are rarity 1->5 dots, MK1->Mk5. This affects how much the primary Stat will boost by. Higher rarity higher boost. 1->2 are available in mod battles 3->5 are available in mod challenges

Also the higher the rarity the more credits to remove. Currently 5 Dot/MK5 is rarest

Color is based on secondary stats it currently has. Color changes with level, addition of secondary stats, and all mods can go to level 15 and have 4 secondary stats, gold.

At levels 3, 6, 9, and 12, a secondary stat will be added or an existing secondary stat will be increased

Blue starts with 2 secondary stats
    Green starts with 1 secondary stat
    White starts with 0 secondary stats

The added secondary stats from what I can tell are completely random so seeing them ahead of time can be helpful.

Set bonuses can stack. (only works with 2 mod sets)
    6 health mods at level 15 will give you 45% added health 3 sets of 2 health mods at 15% each. Set bonuses are independent of dots/rarity/mk level (MK1 set gives same bonus as Mk5)

For % based increase in a Stat this is added first to base than any numerical based Stat is added

Example:
    Base 15000 health mod with 25% and +1000 health will give you 19750 health.
    15000 x 1.25 = 18750
    18750 + 1000 = 19750

You don't have to get a certain bonus set to boost that Stat.

Example Ignoring all secondary stats

Rey with 4 mod speed max bonus set, 25% increase, would go to 205 speed.

However one mk5 heath mod with primary Stat of +59 speed would take her to 223 speed.

Rey with with Mk5 health mod with primary Stat of +59 speed and 4 speed mod max bonus set would take her to 264 speed.

IMO do not buy mods from Mod shipments.

Edit: Added more info..

Perfect! Thank you so much
  • @scuba, my thanks to you too.
  • Mods are just another way for people who throw money at the game to come out on top
  • What is the total cost in credits to fully level a 5* mod from 1 to 15?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @scuba
    You seem to be well informed on the mods. Do you perhaps know if a higher grade, purple Mk.V-B lvl 1 mod for example, ends up with higher secundary stats than a Mk.V-E lvl 1 mod, once they are both leveled to lvl 15 ?
    I've been meaning to check it myself, but i keep forgetting wich were the higher grade mods before i leveled them, and lining up the same secundary stats for comparison is pretty hard aswell.
    edit: primary stat at lvl15 is the same, no matter what base grade/color you got them with. (unless they changed it with the most recent update)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @leef prior to recent change, I think it was possible to actually get higher secondary stats on a lower starting grade. I thought I tracked some and noticed this. I stopped keeping track with the drastic change