My Guide to a Successful Account

JediStormbringer
81 posts Member
edited July 2016
So I have been playing SWGOH for about 3 months. I am an avid gamer though and have played truck loads of games and have learned over the course of time to identify the system of the game and focus on building around that. In 3 months I have placed #1 in my squad arena more than 10 times and havent fallen out of the top 20 for a payout more than twice. I see a lot of advice to players but i feel a lot of mine will be quite unique and applicable for everyone, meaning FTP, MPTP (moderate pay to play) and the full boat drop a 100 a week PTP.

First, is to get you to understand as a player the two hardest assets in your characters development are Shards and Credits. Training droids, levels, even Crystals are fairly easy to come by, but the key Shards you will need, the Credits to assign those shards to star up a toon, they are not. So pick your investments. I am level 77 and i have only slowly leveled my toons, leaving them 74-65 but what that has done is saved me credits to which i have applied to 7 starring my top line up. QGJ, Leia, Luminara, Sid, JC, Cad, GS, And six starring others. My main focus is on boosting each characters stars to 7. After all, a max level 3, 4 or 5 star character gets ripped apart by a 7 star and to get to a heroic raid you need many 7 star characters. I focus on one set of characters at a time and based on what i have done by the end of this month i will have 16 7 star characters, which include Fives, Rey, Dooku, RG, Ventress, STH, Ackbar, Teebo, etc.

The idea is dont over work yourself. Resist the urge to spread out and buy a few of these shards and then a few of these. Stick to one character at a time from your easiest farm places: Arena, Guild, Cantina and GW Shops. These provide you with a healthy line up to focus on, and i wont try to advise you on who you should get. Thats more a player personal choice. I can only say that you will become more satisfied overall by focusing your development like this because you will rapidly gain power in your characters and be able to do much more with them. The game is set up to help you farm double in some way no matter what you are doing. In Cantina it is character focused - as you sim battles repeatedly you are generating coins to buy shards and farming actual shards for a choice character in the right place. In arena you are gaining crystals and coins to to buy shards. In GW you are farming Mats, Resources, Achievements, Crystals, Credits and Coins to buy shards for characters. In Raids you gain gear, credits and guild coins for the shop to gain shards for characters or that higher level gear. None of these cost a player anything monetarily, so again why i say my method works for anyone. Its just the understanding of the time you will invest in it is affected differently based on your status of play.

The method for me has been a daily diet of around 300-350 crystals a day, but my arena rewards and gw always outweigh what i spend. This allows me 1 cantina refresh, 2 story refreshes at 50 each and 2 arena refreshes daily as the upper tier arena is very competitive. To put it plainly with arena, in 3 months i am well on my way to 2500 victories achievement just from the constant action, so js its faced paced as you move up the lists.

Major goal is always make sure you finish all your daily activities so your personal account level moves forward and you gain those bonus rewards daily. They will help you develop your overall account ability. Plus at level 80 as i read it helps you gain Omega mats which are the essence of ability power in the game.

This is just a practical application for players new and trying to find a way to develop a stronger account. There are loads of advice in the many pages of this forum over what characters are helpful and powerful, but less on the method for becoming an overall more powerful player. IMHO, its all in the way you develop your assets in your account. Hope someone finds this helpful and i will help with any advice i can if any questions come up. Happy Gaming!

Replies

• Reading your guide has made me feel reassured in my own toon development habits. I've been employing many of these tips for a while now, but I've been slightly worried that I could be doing something better. I'm fairly happy with the direction of my collection though, and I see now how I managed to get there, though I do wish I had this resource from the beginning, as I had to learn some of this stuff the hard way. In short, new and/or struggling players, LISTEN UP! This OP has good info here. Grampa Simpson tested, Grampa Simpson approved.
  • Thanks! I feel its the best thing anyone can do to be overall more satisfied with their account. Its just a method for development and growth. I feel anyone who follows these steps will advance swiftly and be able to compete in arena and in raids with a lot of satisfaction. As of today I added my 8th 7 star toon to my line up and have two more approaching in my shard collection so it works. I hope to be able to complete my total line up by the end of the summer and as soon as i learn how to upload pictures on here i will take some to show anyone interested my pride and joy.

The fastest characters you will grow come out of the GW shop and another helpful tip i have for people is make that your fastest top out area. Get the characters u want built and done from there so you can work on converting those shards into purchase power in the shard shop. The random different shards they offer (since all i hear about Gerneral Grievous is hes an utter waste of time) and the different available gear pieces can really help you flesh out your line up and make some progress. Most importantly though is dont get discouraged. I love the game and it is fun in a lot of ways, but the development can get very overwhelming. Hoarding your credits to max your stars will help you become stronger and when that happens your frustration will fade away.
  • Best way is to link your collection as then everyone can see your gear and levels and unlocked toons.
    https://swgoh.gg/sync/
    Sign in and just place your link on here for everyone to see and then new player can see the evidence for your success as i have alos been applying the same methods for a while now although i am not at the moment for arena due to the characters I need to push myself up. But this is a very good guide and wish I knew what I know now to be able to be a little more careful with my credits in the beginning.
  • JediStormbringer
    81 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    https://imgur.com/a/ujFSK

This was one set of runs for me in a raid
    Post edited by JediStormbringer on
  • JediStormbringer
    81 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    https://imgur.com/a/0vWlV

This is my account. The top three lines are of course my priority builders. After i complete these two 7 stars as i said i will then pick my next focus points for development. Keep it at a steady advancement. Thanks for the interest. Mods are creating a headache now and difficulty but hoping mods resolve the issues.
  • JediStormbringer
    81 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Viewable?
  • U share the same mindset :) join us on line chat, line id joshmayer
  • Dude this is an extremely awesome guide. Wish I had access to something like this when I started in late April. I was all over the place with characters and non viable arena teams and am still paying the price. I've learned a lot more over the last 2 months and hopefully will reach too 10 arena some day