Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• YourNameHere004
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    d3gauss wrote: »
    @YourNameHere004 change the order of your characters or use different abilities in different orders

heres a vid:

https://youtu.be/HG9pRiMkJP8
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    If you can't complete GW with 6 toons you need a new squad...

Hey I only used 6. It is still a lot harder in that I have to spend more time to get a very good outcome rather than a okay outcome and then have to sub in a out the next fight to fix it.
  • do u guys agree that taunt is better in GW now?
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    @CG_AaronNemoyten , instead of planning the whole thing out, you just went "fluff it, let's just nuke the whole thing" and from the coolest modr in the game, GW became anothe dull luck-based grind.

You claim that "many" people complained about retreating. Uh... no, not really. A few people complained, many actually LIKED it. You claim that it's now fair and consistent. Really? That's a first. I thought it was fair and consistent when we could retreat.

See, you effectively elliminated any tactical and strategic elements from GW. If your Lumi is wounded and reaches 1/4 health, you have no way of minimizing your losses. Previously you could retreat, replace her with anothe character and continue the fight. Now all you can do is restart. You also have no way of supporting your troops. If one character gets killed, you can't retreat and replace him, because when you're back, the enemy team is back to full health.

If you wanted to keep it fair and consistent, you should've actually put in some work and thought into it. The retreat option should work as before, but you should've made DoTs, buffs and debuffs remain while retreating. Then you would elliminate the "exploit' element while keeping the strategic and tactical elements of the game. But no. That would take time, it's easier to just get rid of the whole thing and try to convince the community it's for their own good. Wow. Just... wow.
  • haaha, seem you rank #1
    haaha , use only 5 of 12 char 7* to complete the Gw
    This world is not of those who have money , nor of those who have power !
  • Lol GW is a joke now!!! I can't stop laughing... So if i kill off one one of the characters from the opponent... He still comes back after retreat.. Basically everything is against you... They could have atleast revived all our toons after we successfully win a battle if nothing else.. After all warriors do heal after a battle lmao..
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    @YourNameHere004 change the order of your characters or use different abilities in different orders

heres a vid:

Nothing you can do about that. Game over man.
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    d3gauss wrote: »

heres a vid:

Nothing you can do about that. Game over man.

yeah, i know. but i thought your original point was that enemies were also supposed to regain full health as well as the player. isnt that what people have been complaining about? sorry if there was a misunderstanding.
  • I love the change.

The Developers release an ingenious fix that fixed 2 broken birds with a stone xD
  • This happens because all you whiners let them know about it. I for one love the new changes.
  • As usual I cruised to the last 3 fights. I thought the first of the 3 was the hardest as 2 of the characters were criting for 8k before I could do any heals or attacks. I had to bite the bullet and let Kylo and Leia get wiped out, but I was able to limp to the finish with Baris (lead), Lumi, and JC.

The last two battles were pretty cake, I used Baris (Lead), Lumi, JC, Sidius, and Vader. I took out their Sidius and Kylo Rens with only 1-2 of my characters getting heal blocked. I did lose Sidius on the last fight though.

Anyways this is my 3rd total GW completition, all legit. This one seemed more balanced than pre patch. So it is doable, I only had to tap 3 bench players, but I am nearly maxed geared 60s.
  • I still won GW - did you guys not? I'm level 53 tho
  • Love the changes, way easier to beat now. It's not that hard to just keep trying 1 battle over again until you get the result you want. Plus yes it makes it easier for people who paid to unlock more characters.....But that's the way it should be. Spending money should for sure come with some kind of advantages over players that don't. Otherwise why would anyone spend money ever? At the end of the day, they don't make these games just to give you something to do. The game exists for them to make money! It's a business, just like any other business. Many businesses in this world offer you more if you're willing to spend more money. That will never change regardless of what people want or think is right. You can still play without spending money, but if you are spending money, then yes you deserve to have some kind of advantage or motivation to continue spending the money. Seeing results and your money pay off for you in the GW is justified and well deserved.
  • I'll be the first to admit it hehe.

We all know that deep down, we enjoyed abusing the retreat/force close but today the developers released an ingenious fix that addressed both issues.

Now the new GW slogan should be "If At First You Fail, Retreat And Try Again!"

• I faced a Phasma, Poe, FOTP, Poggle, and Kylo team in the second to he last battle. It wasn't a good time but I completed it.
  • Romao33
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Well, I 've beaten the first post-update GW. It's actually the first time I achieve it without retreating. I only retreat restart once.

I've reach lvl 60 a few days ago (only 6 chars at lvl 60), and it was becoming harder and harder every day. So today, I had no hope to complete the GW, but...

Just my point of view, but it seems good that GW be a tough achievement, every day. What's the point to know we'll win each time without any difficulty. If some call that "strategy", ok... Like probably the majority of us, I was first disapointed to not be able to collect my 1.2k GW currency a day. But then, it's just a game, so let's have fun!
  • Romao33 wrote: »
    Well, I 've beaten the first post-update GW. It's actually the first time I achieve it without retreating. I only retreat restart once.

I've reach lvl 60 a few days ago (only 6 chars at lvl 60), and it was becoming harder and harder every day. So today, I had no hope to complete the GW, but...

Just my point of view, but it seems good that GW be a tough achievement, every day. What's the point to know we'll win each time without any difficulty. If some call that "strategy", ok... Like probably the majority of us, I was first disapointed to not be able to collect my 1.2k GW currency a day. But then, it's just a game, so let's have fun!

i agree :) it's not easy but that's a good thing i think.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ok guys, so with so many complaints about the new Galactic war, I would just briefly put some positives and negatives aspects from my point of view.

• Positives:

- You do not need to force close the apps everytime you lost characters, saves you times and troubles of waiting to go back to that stage again.
    - There will be no statements from haters about force close anymore whatsoever (exploit, not part of the game and many else)
    - You just need to restart all the time with different order / combinations until you can win the match (It might not beatable without sacrifice your other team or having a good main team though)
    - Team with more healers have higher chances to win GW than team with no or only have 1 healer (Previous GW gameplay also favours team with more healers therefore a word "favour" became "a must" for this new Galactic war)
    - The reduction of the difficulty in the new Galactic war rounds (You can see healers in the enemy team sometimes does not heal their members even with a low health or they do not attack low health members for 1-2 turns, which allows us to do the comeback)
    - Main team becomes very valuable (So focus on your main team)
    - You do not need to sacrifices many teams in order to advance
    - Chewbacca and Barris teams are including now in GW (For the last 10 days or more, I never encountered Barris team / Chewbacca team anymore after round 6 and higher). Therefore you can recharge your cooldown a little bit

• Negatives:

- People with no healers or only little healers will be having a hard time
    - People can't erase enemy buffs straight away (before we can retreat and come in again to do it)
    - In a earlier rounds, there might be LVL 60 purple gear (before it does not comes before round 4 or higher)
    - The percentages of winning GW depends on enemy teams that we are facing
    - 800 galactic war shipments points are the most reliable that most people can get now (reducing the percentages of people who can complete GW daily)
    - P2P might have slightly better chances to be better than F2P (in the long run)
    - The rewards for every rounds are same with before updates (I would love to see improvement in rewards given)
    - When one of your character from your main team dies in the early or middle rounds (assume you do not retreat), it would decrease a lot the percentage of you be able to successfully complete Galactic war
    - There is still one "Joker" round
    - Haters will always hate (Please do not forget, this thing happened because some of you who always complaints about retreat, force close and sacrifice teams)

• Feel Free to add anything you want.

Fyi, this is based on my 1st of day completion the new Galactic war
    *Joker round
    2cpw9yf.png

need to sacrifice my team B
    35k901c.png
    Finally can pass this hardest round (all previous rounds are okay with some retreat though)
    16bhwua.png
    Round 12 - Not so hard right?
    2h2iibm.png
    Full Health Team
    ru8zut.png
    But with same rewards :neutral:
    mh6nmd.png

Good luck people. There is still hope. Do not jump to the conclusion first before trying to finish your Galactic war today.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    I liked the old retreat system more. Let me chain tactics together better. Now i cant drop in a heal in the middle of a fight when someone is about to die.
  • Poe really messed up my plan with his taunt in mine
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    F2P will have a harder time than before since you almost have to sacrifice characters now, and without a large pool you wont make it.

I personally really dislike this method, especially since the old retreat function felt like it had a depth of strategy to it. I think it made things fun. The new way makes me want to restart the battle and target everyone one at a time per battle to see which has the best opening, feels tedious at best.

I passed mine with no issues, I lost more characters than usual but it was livable
    I just wish we could make a way to heal ourselves now as leaving only 1 person alive and retreating to get the healer and wounded is no longer an option.

Hope they switch it back.
  • Yep, I just played through and won all 12 nodes. I was very skeptical, but it did seem actually easier somehow. I didn't lose any toons, but I did have to dig into my roster for several backups due to low health. I only retreated no more than once on any node. Well, I was pretty dejected with the change a few hours ago, but it seems there were likely additional adjustments beyond the modification of the retreat that OP mentioned. I still agree that some strategic elements seem lessened in this new GW, but it doesn't seem to disadvantage the moderate/f2p player as much as I suspected it would.
  • AdamW wrote: »
    I liked the old retreat system more. Let me chain tactics together better. Now i cant drop in a heal in the middle of a fight when someone is about to die.

You can do it my arena teammates...
    ZeeDubyah wrote: »
    Yep, I just played through and won all 12 nodes. I was very skeptical, but it did seem actually easier somehow. I didn't lose any toons, but I did have to dig into my roster for several backups due to low health. I only retreated no more than once on any node. Well, I was pretty dejected with the change a few hours ago, but it seems there were likely additional adjustments beyond the modification of the retreat that OP mentioned. I still agree that some strategic elements seem lessened in this new GW, but it doesn't seem to disadvantage the moderate/f2p player as much as I suspected it would.

Yes...i was having some thinking like yours few hours ago..hehehe..
  • I have 3 7 star characters Assajj, phasma and ahsoka. I have completed guild wars 3 times under the new system and have done so in record time.

I did not even use phasma.
  • This Would not be an issue if matchmaking was fair. Retreat was the only way to win against guys 10 lvls higher or with significantly more power.

Never force closed previously and now its my only option....not fun and it feels like ****
  • GW is now more of a strategy and planning game. Haiz... I wish they has implement the "borrow an ally" in GW. That will make it less painful~
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    forcedino wrote: »
    GW is now more of a strategy and planning game. Haiz... I wish they has implement the "borrow an ally" in GW. That will make it less painful~

More planning, less strategy Im afraid. Nothing strategic about repeating the same battle over and over until you have found the most desirable outcome (better stun procs and chain crits in your favor)
  • I haven't yet tried the post-fix GW but based on the forum posters it looks like the free to play players really take the screwgie on this one. (I'm a low/mid spender)

Heroes like old Ben just increased in value and this will hurt the f2p the most. If you already have a full 30 hero bench with max stats, no big deal but GW was hard enough for many players.

I think the changes would largely be accepted if we didn't have lingering issues about first round speed, targeting, and other hero bugs (thanx for fixing leia btw) it's hard enough to clear as is but the bugs definitely don't help.
  • Darivon wrote: »
    A lot of negative comments goin on about that GW fix. So here is a different view.
    Just cleared another GW and to be honest .. i like this new GW feeling!
    Actually i like it a lot! It feels just like the first ones at level 40 before i read / started using all the retreat/FC stuff. After more than a month of everyday 12/12 GW it just felt more like doing chores. There was no fun in it cause you could simply retreat to dispell debuffs/swap stuff/reset CDs at the end etc etc. Made most of those fights just pretty pointless. Any Taunter/Vader/Ben/Barriss etc. was just a free win no matter how you played it. Only Droid teams/full dps were any kind of danger where you had to actually think about how to proceed. With the occasional sacrifice of a random toon. It was more like simming. Slot machine feeling for the rewards. Actually i was already pretty annoyed with GW cause all that retreating and clicking took too long for that random ewok shard in the end. Was just a hassle.
    NOW there is the this feeling of accomplishment again cause you HAVE TO make more decisions like WHEN to heal, WHOM to field etc etc. It's a lot more rewarding cause you have to gauge every situation and balance pros and cons of using this particular skill at this particular moment. And actually watching turn meter and making tactical decisions like "hmm attack the healer with Dooku cause she moves next and try to go for that stun/block or go for that double attack chance to finish Sid?"
    Since every decision hast a lasting effect for that day it actually becomes indeed meaningfull. Yes you have to retreat every now and then to try a different approach, use a different toon, etc but it's not that bad actually cause it resets the fight and gives you AND the opposing team another "fair" chance.
    Before there was this cheesy retreat with unfair advantages at your disposal and in case you were TOO SLOW to use those advantages or you weren't paying attention cause busy doing something else anyway, you THEN STILL had the " oops oh crp" option in FC on top of it. Means there was actually no way NOT-TO complete GW every single day.
    Let's be honest here everyone : GW was boring as ****.
    FYI i have exactly 13 toons full epic,skilled, starred and ready for PvP. 6 of them are 7*. A bunch of blue mid level stuff and a couple level 1s. That's not that much. But i was using only 5 of them 95% of the GW time.
    Lumi (Lead), Sid, JC 5*, Dooku, Kylo=(random dps toon). Thats all you need(ed). The 1-2 JC Punch with Heal lvl 6 was/is pretty spamable. Works even at 5*.
    Yes of course it's possible to spam that retreat button and try every single battle like fifteen times till you manipulate the RNG to get that exact RNG-outcome you want but that's just cheap and a lot of effort. It smells cheap, it feels cheap, it is cheap. Everyone knows it. But to each their own. If you have the time, do whatever you want. Nobody is gonna judge you .. besides yourself. Actually even if you do it, whatever, it's YOUR fun you are diminishing not anyone elses. Do whatever you want as long as you re okay with it.
    Yes GW just got a lot harder and yes a lot of people won't be able to clear it 12/12 EVERY,SINGLE,DAY. And thats how IT SHOULD BE!
    BTW: Retreats used today = 5. Before the update = 10 - 15. With 2-3 FCs if needed against QGJ/Leia/Tie. Toons used today = 7. Casualties = 3.
    I would argue this new GW is faster AND more enjoyable. Win-win.
    TL;DR: Good Job CG. GW feels now like a real "battle of attrition". You might just have elevated the customer experience, even if it doesn't seem that way. It WAS the right thing to do. Gives the game more "Value".

Spot on! 100% agreed

It's good to know there are real players out there.

Strategy makes a game more interesting - having to think about your actions more carefully give you a sense of satisfaction when your plans work and an education when they don't.
  • I think that GW should be renamed the gauntlet. It's more suited for a set of battles with ever increasing difficulty - yet for higher rewards.

I'm really hoping that they will impliment alliances/guilds and that these teams will have the option to battle other teams. This would of course be called Galactic War - it would be more suitablely named there

What do you think?