Droid Squad Mods

Prev1
For those of you still here.. what do you think about modding up the droids?

My first priority will be getting the team moving faster than Rey so we can take her out before she moves. I have heard of 232 speed Reys so that seems like a decent threshold to shoot for before I can find out what most ppl are tuning her to.\\

I dont know exactly how the calcs work but a group of 4 speed mods gets the char 25% speed bonus. So 120ish speed chars move to 150 ish. with the 45% JE TM bump i THINK that gets them to 210 or so.

So assuming a (86/100) 88 47L RG JE comp - get the 3 main droids a speed bump in the neighborhood of 20-30 should push them to the front of most lines.

Other things im looking at is why is it 4mods to get 40% critical damage and 4mods to get 40% offence? isnt the latter superior in every way?

Next thought is sequence of Droids firing. Im thinking we want 47 first if possible / 88 next / 100 or 86 after to maximize 88s impact.

47 gets speed and potency
88 gets speed and damage
100/86 gets speed and damage
JE gets speed and ?
whoever your fifth is

So I would say generally stop with the Health mods if that is what you are maxing out now and proceed to clear the stages to the speed mods as this seems the logical course.

Lets get some positive droid talk.

Replies

• Jay21
    61 posts Member
    the sound of crickets
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    JE should get speed and tenacity imo.
  • Why not increase JE's hp/defense so they have harder times removing him from battle. Speed too I would say, if he goes first then dont bother putting speed on other toons.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    I moved my one speed piece to JE (From Rey... .but my rey was 274 speed)

I probably need much better mods on my arena squad though but my droids at the present do not see that OP compared to the zillion health and incredible HP of these other squads (especially counter squads)
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Don't forget accuracy for the evading
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    What best for droid dps? They already crit fine so crit damage or offense?
  • Skarcha
    115 posts Member
    Just speed mod on JE and crit dmg on every spot as possible in droids
  • I also want to know if there's a reason to bother with crit damage, or just go straight offense. Either way, my thoughts were:

JE gets hp/protection and speed. Assuming you get more protection than hp for a given mod, that's the way to go, since a large initial pool is better for him than healing/regen.

IG-88 gets straight offense/crit damage. Goal is for him to wipe enemy protection with AoE then get a finishing blow with his basic.

I've been giving IG-100 damage too, to help his already frequent attacks.

HK gets a little bit of speed (also in the hopes that he goes first and debuffs everyone for 88). Maybe even a lot of speed. He doesn't do that much damage, and is already a low-priority target and has decent hp. More speed means less time between his grenades.

86 I'm not sure. I guess maybe accuracy, to ensure he actually manages to finish off vulnerable toons with dodge? I plan on replacing him with GG eventually, so he doesn't fit my long-term plan as well.
  • HK47 L, both IG units, JE and RG. I've faced this team (modded) in the arena, and it absolutely decimates.
  • Skarcha
    115 posts Member
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    HK47 L, both IG units, JE and RG. I've faced this team (modded) in the arena, and it absolutely decimates.

I have that team, only RG healt and protection modded...
    What team you use to face it?
  • awbattles wrote: »
    I also want to know if there's a reason to bother with crit damage, or just go straight offense. Either way, my thoughts were:

JE gets hp/protection and speed. Assuming you get more protection than hp for a given mod, that's the way to go, since a large initial pool is better for him than healing/regen.

IG-88 gets straight offense/crit damage. Goal is for him to wipe enemy protection with AoE then get a finishing blow with his basic.

I've been giving IG-100 damage too, to help his already frequent attacks.

HK gets a little bit of speed (also in the hopes that he goes first and debuffs everyone for 88). Maybe even a lot of speed. He doesn't do that much damage, and is already a low-priority target and has decent hp. More speed means less time between his grenades.

86 I'm not sure. I guess maybe accuracy, to ensure he actually manages to finish off vulnerable toons with dodge? I plan on replacing him with GG eventually, so he doesn't fit my long-term plan as well.

yeah im thinking accuracy for 86 also.. its super important his double attack HITS
  • I run droids and have them modded out with combos of 1• fully upgraded to 5• fully upgraded, some partially.

The secondary skills make the biggest difference on who gets what as I haven't unlocked Speed & Potency yet.

88 ive gone health (main), defense (protection), high offense, crit gear & some accuracy. Health is the big one since he can AOE back his health unlike protection. So his health is quite more than his protection now, which in itself is high.

86 - crit gear, health, protection, accuracy. He crits every basic as far as I've seen.

HK - Speed and Potency first, whatever gear that I had that was best for the slots needed. Now he's faster than 88 and usually goes before him. Drove up potency some and omega'd meatbag. When he goes first, 88 just wrecks protections with his AOE. All the other stats are just butter on HK but he's hitting harder now with his basic too.

JE - Speed, Speed, Speed, Health, Protection. Pretty self expanitory. He has a pretty nice potency buff and I think I've noticed his dets hanging more. Problem is toons usually dead before they go off.

RG - Defense & Health of course. But more importantly gear that has multiple buffs of +HP, +Protection, +HP%, +Protect%. Just so happens a lot of this gear also had potency secondaries as well which has made him more of a stun machine.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Somehow I ha e ig100 doing 10k crits with double health and prot so that's nice. He's quite the beast mode right now
  • Everything you all have said is pretty spot on. The most important things in order:

All mods health unless you think you can equip a jawa team and take tier iii of critical damage mods.

JE gets your first speed mod so that all your droids can go first.

Hk gets second speed mod so that he can go before IG 88.

Ig88 gets the right side mods all offense % and straight offense. Don't use the lower right for protect. Go full damage. His three health bonuses will take care of his glass cannon status.

If you can get critical damage class mods go for those for ig86. But right now it seems that the 45% critical damage doesn't do very well if your base damage isn't high. So don't equip critical 2 star mods. Use 5* health ones or 5* critical damage mods if you can equip 3 jawas.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • the critical damage tiers 2 & 3 wont be playable until the 2 new jawas are activated
  • Malpka
    47 posts Member
    As already explained in another thread as soon as you start mixing plus flat offence and plus %offence you are better off with Critical damage mods. Also with mods I think Droids will be new meta I have hardtime imagining a team able to whitstand that kind of firepower (yes even moded). Talking from experience here facing moded teams in gw and only reason i have some problems with node 12 is because node 11(moded too) die so fast that i have everything on cd going to node 12.
  • Skarcha_EA wrote: »
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    HK47 L, both IG units, JE and RG. I've faced this team (modded) in the arena, and it absolutely decimates.

I have that team, only RG healt and protection modded...
    What team you use to face it?

I attacked with RG, STHan, GS, Leia, Phasma (L). All are heavily 5* modded. Since levelling my mods, I have managed to defeat that team (I think his name was something like "ikilledjjbinks").

I think my win was down to (a) lucky RNG and (b) the poor AI. Honestly, it has re-invigorated my interest in the droids. The owner of that team modded his droids very smartly and didn't just equip any old mod.

I would not be surprised to see droid teams now taking a really dominant position, perhaps droid / Jawa combos.

• Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    So my roster's pretty thin right now & can only get tier 3 health & tier 1 defense challenges (already 3starred all mod battles). So the consensus seems to be to only upgrade MK5 mods & not waste credits on MK1/2?

I run a HK(L), 86, 88, 100, JE arena squad & have already upgraded MK2 Speed mods & put them on HK & JE. Though I put four mk1/2 speed's on HK & it hasn't been enough to get him to use his AoE before 88. Should I just go for mk5 health on my Arena squad for now?

Post edited by Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air on
  • In my GW today my last node was a JE/Droid w B2 team with all level 15 5 dot Health, Defense, and Crit Damage Mods. My entire roster of toons, 10 of which are decently modded couldn't even break protection on JE.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Je speed only needs so much. He only gives 45 speed to the other droids. U get je too fast, and it won't matter anymore.... except for his own attack speed and cooldowns. E.g. against a super speedy je, ur own je can go second. And your assassins can still go first.
  • The easiest T5 mod to gain at the moment is health. As droids, that's where we've always fallen down. I run Gear X 7*:
    HK, GG, 100, B2 (the only 6*), JE

I have pretty much spammed health mods as there's (very annoyingly) no droid-specific mod challenge. I've effectively doubled everyone's survivability. In the arena, I once held #1 but now, with the tank teams, there simply isn't enough time to cause enough damage and kill them all, and in the initial mod boom I got knocked to #18 where I've stayed ever since.

I fear no character. GG is impervious to most abuse and can dish it out with a reliable 15K crit. 100 has always been my rock and now does more damage than 88 ever did.

With health mods being the thing that droid players would have wanted to chase, it's a shame they're so prolific. It shows in GW that I can now blast through with one team because I can grind their health down quicker than they can mine, as there's no time limit.

Your calculations are sound but I fear they are in vane. Mods will very likely change again and your soolid planning will be for nowt. For now, put health on everyone and look for offense secondaries.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • boellefisk
    331 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Cant wait to get Nebit with his -1 cooldown, his extra 10% protection on basic attacks, his double assist attack and his self heal and his stealth on JE whenever he attacks on assist along with 2 turns taunt and pretty OK hp/prot.
    Insane synergy.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    The easiest T5 mod to gain at the moment is health. As droids, that's where we've always fallen down. I run Gear X 7*:
    HK, GG, 100, B2 (the only 6*), JE

I have pretty much spammed health mods as there's (very annoyingly) no droid-specific mod challenge. I've effectively doubled everyone's survivability. In the arena, I once held #1 but now, with the tank teams, there simply isn't enough time to cause enough damage and kill them all, and in the initial mod boom I got knocked to #18 where I've stayed ever since.

I fear no character. GG is impervious to most abuse and can dish it out with a reliable 15K crit. 100 has always been my rock and now does more damage than 88 ever did.

With health mods being the thing that droid players would have wanted to chase, it's a shame they're so prolific. It shows in GW that I can now blast through with one team because I can grind their health down quicker than they can mine, as there's no time limit.

Your calculations are sound but I fear they are in vane. Mods will very likely change again and your soolid planning will be for nowt. For now, put health on everyone and look for offense secondaries.

@SifuSteve have you considered farming a Jawa team? Seems like crit damage, along with health, is the mod that would help droids most. You've already got JE, and the other 4 are easy farms if you don't have them already.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Mods are reduced now. It seems that crit damage stays to +30% increase, so i feel this is the way to go. It is nice that we need Jawas for the challenge ;)
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Yeah, it was weird that crit damage was same as offense up, to begin with. I thought crit damage was worthless. Now it might be worth something.

Still, on an assasin droid, increased crit damage only increased your crit damage from 150ish to 180ish percent. so it really only increased your crit damage by like 18%. And if you include the non crits, I suppose your total damage is still only up by like 12%? Not sure how to do the math. but it still seems like crit damage is good for droids/toons with naturally high crit chance.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    With the current state of mods and the variability of their status - I wouldn't overthink this too much right now. Play things safe.

The Health set mods are the easiest to get at 5*, so it's most efficient to concentrate on them for now. Even if you eventually end up removing them from droids, they will be useful elsewhere. So let's concentrate on Health mods for now. Unless you've got a very diverse roster, you'll likely be restricted to just Health and Defense mods at 5* level anyway.

Speed on the "arrow" mod is a clear head and shoulders best primary. JE should get your first one, to ensure he always goes first, and thus so does the rest of your droids. Worth noting that JE doesn't add 45 speed to your droids, he adds 45% turn meter - which could end up being a fair bit more than 45 speed, depending on how you've modded your other droids for speed.

47 should get your 2nd health "arrow" 5* mod with speed on the primary. This is so he now gets into the roll to act next once JE goes and Recalibrates. On an unmodded team, the only way he'd be able to go before 88 and use Meatbag Mayhem to apply all those lovely debuffs before 88 AoEs is if:
    - 86 wins the roll to act before 88
    - you use his Assassin Droid Tactics, and he calls 47 to assist
    - 47 crits on that assist attack, filling his turn meter to max
    - 47 then randomly wins the right to act next over 88.
    Once you boost 47's speed, when JE recalibrates, his turn meter will be completely filled, giving him a chance to go before 88 without the above set of circumstances happening. This is why 47 should get your second "arrow" speed primary.

After that, speed only really helps for successive turns, and isn't quite as high a priority. Nice to have, but don't shed a tear if you can't get it in a hurry.

Potency - JE, 47, B2, 100, 88 can all use this. JE's basic is near useless without it right now. Keep an eye out for this on your "Plus" mods. Otherwise, on the "plus" mod, stick with Health and Protection as primaries. The Offense bonus sounds good but it isn't large enough to prioritise right now IMO.

Crit Damage - 86, 88 should be the priority for these "triangle" mods that have the crit damage primary stat. Easily the best primary you can get on a "triangle" mod for these guys. After that, the order of usefulness goes crit chance (less so for 86, who already crits a lot under 47 lead), health, protection, offense, defense (use this last one if you have literally nothing else).

One note on tenacity - pretty useful secondary stat across the board when you're coming up against stun teams. Not sure if I'd invest in going for a tenacity set bonus though, but that's outside the scope of Health mods anyway.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    @ugluk What speed are you using On your droids? I boosted HK speed by 9 higher than 88. When I use recalibrate it has become random wich droids goes first. Would boosting JE speed help with the randomness of the order of the droids?
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @Rotor I have +33 on my 47 (130 speed) but it sounds like the 8 speed you have added to yours is enough to put him into the tie to act first with your current setup - which is good enough. When JE recalibrates, the 45% TM he adds to all droids fills them to 100%. Before, 47 was too slow to hit 100% when that happened, so he'd go last except in the specific circumstances I mentioned above.

Boosting JEs speed just ensures that he's going to act first, and fill all your droids turn meters to full before any other toon can act, even a speed modded Rey. Well, except for Han Shooting First.

Once their turn meters are full, it's random as to who the game picks to go first. Not much you can do about that. Given it's impossible currently to get a droid to have more speed than JE, you're at the mercy of the RNG deciding if 47 gets to AoE prior to 88. But at least it can happen about half the time now.

My droids team speeds are:
    JE - 188 (238) 47 - 130 88 - 136 86 - 123 B2 - 105
    As long as the droids are fast enough to get into the roll-off, it isn't too important to me :smile:
    Post edited by Ugluk on
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    I do follow your line of thinking though. There is a theoretical speed you could get JE to, that if you had the speeds of the other droids lined up correctly, you could ensure that a speed modded 47 was fast enough to get a maxed out turn meter from Recalibrate, whereas 88 was just short of it. I'm just not 100% certain of the mechanics of how much turn meter all the droids have when JE gets his turn to act.

So here's a theorycrafting question for someone that does know! If the droid speeds are as follows:
    47: 130 speed (+33 modded over basic)
    88: 121 speed (standard)
    86: 119 speed (standard)
    Leaving other droids out of it for now, and assuming a 4 droids + JE team, what speed would JE have to be to max out 47's turn meter on Recalibrate, but leave 88 just short?

I think 251 speed would do it (including the bonus speed from Crunch Time, +50 in a 4 droid + JE team). If it works like I think it does, any droid/jawa that has 138 speed or faster will get max turn meter from a 251 speed JE Recalibrate, and any droid/jawa slower than 138 will be just short, allowing you to set the order to act by the speed of the droids. Thus if 47 is faster than 88, but both are slower than 138 speed, then 47 will get to use Meatbag Mayhem every time before 88 (as long as you don't have a faster 86 in there calling 88 for an assist!)

It's complicated but worth considering. The disadvantage that comes to mind would be against the bane of droid teams, Rex leads. If all the droids get a maxed out turn meter, then when they start critting and feeding the opponents turn meter, the droids at least remain in a roll to act first against the now maxed turn metres of the opponents. If you make JE too fast so the droids don't max out (like in my theorycraft 251 speed example) then they won't be in that RNG situation to act ahead of the Rex-led opponents once you start critting. They'll just act after them.

Right now my JE is 188 (+50 for a full team of droids/jawa = 238). Would take a bit of doing to get him over that 251 mark, if it's right - but it is doable. Given that the top of my arena already runs about 50% Rex leads though, I'm not sure the payoff would be worth it.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Ugluk wrote: »
    I do follow your line of thinking though. There is a theoretical speed you could get JE to, that if you had the speeds of the other droids lined up correctly, you could ensure that a speed modded 47 was fast enough to get a maxed out turn meter from Recalibrate, whereas 88 was just short of it. I'm just not 100% certain of the mechanics of how much turn meter all the droids have when JE gets his turn to act.

So here's a theorycrafting question for someone that does know! If the droid speeds are as follows:
    47: 130 speed (+33 modded over basic)
    88: 121 speed (standard)
    86: 119 speed (standard)
    Leaving other droids out of it for now, and assuming a 4 droids + JE team, what speed would JE have to be to max out 47's turn meter on Recalibrate, but leave 88 just short?

I think 251 speed would do it (including the bonus speed from Crunch Time, +50 in a 4 droid + JE team). If it works like I think it does, any droid/jawa that has 138 speed or faster will get max turn meter from a 251 speed JE Recalibrate, and any droid/jawa slower than 138 will be just short, allowing you to set the order to act by the speed of the droids. Thus if 47 is faster than 88, but both are slower than 138 speed, then 47 will get to use Meatbag Mayhem every time before 88 (as long as you don't have a faster 86 in there calling 88 for an assist!)

It's complicated but worth considering. The disadvantage that comes to mind would be against the bane of droid teams, Rex leads. If all the droids get a maxed out turn meter, then when they start critting and feeding the opponents turn meter, the droids at least remain in a roll to act first against the now maxed turn metres of the opponents. If you make JE too fast so the droids don't max out (like in my theorycraft 251 speed example) then they won't be in that RNG situation to act ahead of the Rex-led opponents once you start critting. They'll just act after them.

Right now my JE is 188 (+50 for a full team of droids/jawa = 238). Would take a bit of doing to get him over that 251 mark, if it's right - but it is doable. Given that the top of my arena already runs about 50% Rex leads though, I'm not sure the payoff would be worth it.

This is fascinating, and super relevant for my team. Thanks for the detailed analysis! I must be missing something, but I don't get why JE's speed affects the post-recalibrate turn order...doesn't he add 45% TM to all droids regardless of his own speed?

In order to make sure that HK goes before 88, the only factor that would ensure 88's TM is just short of 100% while HK's is at 100% post-recalibrate would be to use mods to boost HK's speed above a certain threshold (around 130?) and keep 88's speed below a certain threshold (around 125?). Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the clarification...