GW- legitimate gambling now

I cleared GW yesterday even though I faced teams of max levels from node 5 onwards. I only lost poogle in the 11th node. However, to those who says that it is less cheesy, isn't it more obvious that we are relying more on RnG now?

RnG can either be your God or your bane in this new GW, not strategy. In the 7th node I faced purple geared Phasma, old Ben and Vader together, and I replayed it several times until RnG was in my favor using roughly the same team combination. Definitely not more difficult, but more TIME CONSUMING and BORING.

Doesn't it make more sense in the past to retreat? It happens in arcade games where we sub in characters to fight, in wrestling matches with the Tap in and out system, even in real wars retreat n regroup is a strategy too. It has more strategy in the past rather than to rely on RnG to be on your favor, especially when you do not have a deep bench and have to play with different characters in a single match. I agree, debuff n buff should stick even you retreat. But definitely not restore everything like nothing happened!

Yesterday I Retreated several times when my toon died, and I find it is just big CHEESE cause it is force close made much easier. It is like LEGITIMATE GAMBLING now. Isn't it no more different than rerolling a dice several times to get the combination you want? We know that even with the best team combination, if RnG is terrible like getting Dooku stunning 2 of your characters in 1st round followed by Daka stunning 2 more after Sid moves, it's more or less a done deal.

I feel that this game is even much more time consuming now with diminishing fun factor. To those who decide to adore the new legitimate gambling system, may the odds ever be in your favour.

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    ccfoo wrote: »
    I cleared GW yesterday even though I faced teams of max levels from node 5 onwards. I only lost poogle in the 11th node. However, to those who says that it is less cheesy, isn't it more obvious that we are relying more on RnG now?

RnG can either be your God or your bane in this new GW, not strategy. In the 7th node I faced purple geared Phasma, old Ben and Vader together, and I replayed it several times until RnG was in my favor using roughly the same team combination. Definitely not more difficult, but more TIME CONSUMING and BORING.

Doesn't it make more sense in the past to retreat? It happens in arcade games where we sub in characters to fight, in wrestling matches with the Tap in and out system, even in real wars retreat n regroup is a strategy too. It has more strategy in the past rather than to rely on RnG to be on your favor, especially when you do not have a deep bench and have to play with different characters in a single match. I agree, debuff n buff should stick even you retreat. But definitely not restore everything like nothing happened!

Yesterday I Retreated several times when my toon died, and I find it is just big CHEESE cause it is force close made much easier. It is like LEGITIMATE GAMBLING now. Isn't it no more different than rerolling a dice several times to get the combination you want? We know that even with the best team combination, if RnG is terrible like getting Dooku stunning 2 of your characters in 1st round followed by Daka stunning 2 more after Sid moves, it's more or less a done deal.

I feel that this game is even much more time consuming now with diminishing fun factor. To those who decide to adore the new legitimate gambling system, may the odds ever be in your favour.

Its not gambling when you have farmed up a decent roster.
    "New legitimate gambling system"? I think not, not even close. Its very strategic now that you cant just use an exploit to trick the AI into wasting specials. Who u bring matters whereas before u apparently could continue to run/hide causing the AI to waste turns smh. Earn it or dont get it, thats now the option as it should be
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well maybe if you decided to put all that time into setting up a different team and strategy instead of going through the laborious process of trial-and-error stacking of odds, maybe it would be more fun?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Well maybe if you decided to put all that time into setting up a different team and strategy instead of going through the laborious process of trial-and-error stacking of odds, maybe it would be more fun?

+1
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »
    Its very strategic now that you cant just use an exploit to trick the AI into wasting specials.

Yes, instead you now use an exploit to ensure that the AI is stunned or ability blocked or killed before it can act. Such strategic.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well... It wouldn't be too hard to undo that. CG could just add the time of the battle to the seed when doing the calculation. That way we'd always get different battles. Unless we have Time lords playing this game.
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Do you know how much it costs to set up a different team? After hitting lvl 60 2 weeks ago and maxing out Jc, Lumi and Sid, I have been farming poogle, 88, geo soldier and Phasma. It takes 1 million per character to level to 60. And I can't use them straight away because they are not yet 5*, and can only use poogle n Poe who hit 5* few days back.

This is not accounting the amount of training droids and ability mats. And lvl 3 ability mats limit how much you can progress in this game, less of money and training droids which I have sufficient till date. Of course other resources might become an issue and the rift will deepen further between fTp n pTp cause the level cap has been increased further.

Setting up different teams is of course the best solution, but how many can have different teams to try out unless they spend real money in this game?

I admire u for having different teams to trial and error though. Clap for you.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Please cg nerf the game until it's so easy even a cave man can do it.... Or I shall bring the Internets down!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Its very strategic now that you cant just use an exploit to trick the AI into wasting specials.

Yes, instead you now use an exploit to ensure that the AI is stunned or ability blocked or killed before it can act. Such strategic.

What? Thought the fixed the exploits ppl were using???
    As i understood it, now if u retreat, the battle is reset so u must always fight the AI at full strength whereas before, you could wait till the AI blows their wod, retreat, and you were fully refresed while the AI was handicapped.

Now u can test teams etc. thats strategic.
    Exploiting an unintended feature to handicap the AI, not so much (clever and cheap, but not strategic)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    ccfoo wrote: »

Do you know how much it costs to set up a different team? After hitting lvl 60 2 weeks ago and maxing out Jc, Lumi and Sid, I have been farming poogle, 88, geo soldier and Phasma. It takes 1 million per character to level to 60. And I can't use them straight away because they are not yet 5*, and can only use poogle n Poe who hit 5* few days back.

This is not accounting the amount of training droids and ability mats. And lvl 3 ability mats limit how much you can progress in this game, less of money and training droids which I have sufficient till date. Of course other resources might become an issue and the rift will deepen further between fTp n pTp cause the level cap has been increased further.

Setting up different teams is of course the best solution, but how many can have different teams to try out unless they spend real money in this game?

I admire u for having different teams to trial and error though. Clap for you.

Thats the whole point of GW lol
    The devs even said this already. If u dont have a deep enough roster of options, your not supposed to be able to complete it. Its not supposed to be a cake walk smh
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @ccfoo Ok, so you lack the depth of roster necessary to complete GW - an end-game feature intended up to be very difficult. You resort to manipulating the RNG instead.

If you want to play the game that way, I'm not about to stop you. But it's not how it is supposed to be played, as detailed in the new sticky discussion on GW. So I'd chill with the complaining if I were you. You're simply not strong enough to complete it. It's supposed to be that way. It's a game. There are challenges. Get better.

I know several FTP people who finish GW just fine btw. Just mentioning this as a disclaimer.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    As i understood it, now if u retreat, the battle is reset so u must always fight the AI at full strength whereas before, you could wait till the AI blows their wod, retreat, and you were fully refresed while the AI was handicapped.
    Nope! Sorry. You do not have to fight the AI at full strength. You run with fast characters who can stun, ability-block and heal-block the other team. You try different start vectors until you get lucky with the RNG. The AI is disabled/hindered. You beat the AI. You go onto the next fight.
    24 in a row like this so far and counting. *yawn* Pardon me, that always happens when I think about GW now.

Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    @ccfoo Ok, so you lack the depth of roster necessary to complete GW - an end-game feature intended up to be very difficult. You resort to manipulating the RNG instead.

If you want to play the game that way, I'm not about to stop you. But it's not how it is supposed to be played, as detailed in the new sticky discussion on GW. So I'd chill with the complaining if I were you. You're simply not strong enough to complete it. It's supposed to be that way. It's a game. There are challenges. Get better.

I know several FTP people who finish GW just fine btw. Just mentioning this as a disclaimer.

If you bother to read my post, it's difficult but I didn't have problem clearing in the past, not a lot but 36 till date since hard launch, and I cleared it yesterday in the new system.

I believe that my complain is valid. Strategy in the past? There were many and you can search up previous threads, with many lengthy posts and great discussions, like who to take out first, when to retreat etc

Strategy now? I believe it's much lesser than before. Just substitute whatever characters u have in the rooster and pray for RnG to be in your favour. It is more of RnG manipulation now.

Like I mention in my first post, it's no longer strategy, but praying for RnG based on the 5 characters u pick, which is more similar to gambling.

• Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I just cleared GW (with my Lumi, Sid, Darka, Dooku, Cheww) - i faced 5 Lv60 Teams.. (4-6Stars)

the first 5 battles i can beat it with no Force close the app.. the 6th battle i messed up and they killed my Dooku. So i need to force close the app. I step up my game and beat the 6-8th battle without dying anyone. i force closed 2times during that.

Then once it get to 9th battles man they killed my Dooku, and luckily i able to beat them..

One my 10th battle. they killed my Daka, Dooku, and make my Cheww down to 1/5 of HP. So i only got Lumi and Sidious left.

11th Battle - i use my lv40 suicide squad. After that I use my (Lumi, sid, Talia, Boba, Asajji Ventress ).. cleared it it but my Boba, Asajji Ventress got killed..

12th is easy. because i still have Lum, sid, talia..and kylo, Tano, Savage Opress.. Phasma.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I respectfully disagree. My experience of GW is nothing like that. I too can get a few bad streaks but unless a crucial character gets taken out I just try and adapt and see if I can solve it as I go.

There are plenty of strategies to take into account when doing the battle too. When is the perfect time to throw in a heal? Should I save Victory March for next battle? Is it worth the gamble going after Sid with this Jedi character? All this strategy was pretty much non existent with the old retreating system. So even though I honestly try to understand why many think strategy has been removed from GW, I just can't.
  • Abyss wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

What? Thought the fixed the exploits ppl were using???

Now u can test teams etc. thats strategic.
    Exploiting an unintended feature to handicap the AI, not so much (clever and cheap, but not strategic)

Retreat was in the game as intended, it was just used to better effect than the devs realized it would be. Force close was the exploit, which is now the new retreat mechanic.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    A big key to GW is learn how the AI play, then even when the RNG goods are against you, you can win the battle without being to crumbled for the next battle, remember when its your turn you have all the time in the world, there are no clocks ticking in GW, and try not to do all battles at ones, but break it up, you have the whole day to complete it
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    I respectfully disagree. My experience of GW is nothing like that. I too can get a few bad streaks but unless a crucial character gets taken out I just try and adapt and see if I can solve it as I go.

There are plenty of strategies to take into account when doing the battle too. When is the perfect time to throw in a heal? Should I save Victory March for next battle? Is it worth the gamble going after Sid with this Jedi character? All this strategy was pretty much non existent with the old retreating system. So even though I honestly try to understand why many think strategy has been removed from GW, I just can't.

If a team have (Lumi, sid, Jedi) always kill Sid! make sure you kill before his healer use heal or cheww use his taunt.

My rooster team is Cheww, dooku, sid, Daka, Lumi.

• ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    maybe I was On the extreme end earlier, there is definitely still strategy, but RnG plays a larger role now, similar to arena battles. Sometimes the AI does target your low health toons, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they use their AOE on first round, sometimes they don't. These r also RnG and they are more important in the new GW now. In the past, if sid use their AOE in the first round, retreat is a strategy. If your toon is Low on health, retreat is also a strategy. Now u can just try until these RnG r in your favour which takes strategy n fun out of the game.