Meaning of AOE

I know it sounds dumb but honestly I don't know what it means so please help me out and tell me what it means

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Area of effect
  • Great_Hippo
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Area of effect - skills that target more than one unit.
  • Oh thanks guys wow that was fast
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    They beat me to it hahaha
  • Also note that in this game, AoE means the targeting of all characters. In other games where you can actually move around, it often means an ability that will have a effect on everything within the the shape of the marker (usually a circle), wherever you choose to place the marker. The size of an AoEs circle marker can vary widely, depending on the game.

Think of a shooter game; a grenade and other explosives would be considered an AoE weapon, due to its blast radius. It doesn't necessarily have to target multiple things, but putting the AoE near a single target will give a better chance of hitting it than a bullet which is either hit or miss. Even if the target is at the outer portion of the AoE area, it still hits, although usually for less damage.
  • I created a Glossary of terms and definitions in the guide section today. Check it out if there are any other terms you don't understand. Post up if you have anything to add.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6456/glossary-of-terms-and-definitions#latest
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....