Where are the defenders?

nematocyte
421 posts Member
edited July 2016
I am many others were battling these fools defending the mod-update and subsequent mod-update-update (precraft 2.0) into the wee morning hours. Where did they all go?

And more importantly, how many of them were shills?

Replies

• Jensxn
    173 posts Member
    They can't upgrade their defense mods anymore because they cost too much now, it will be looked at in the next community update
  • Jensxn wrote: »
    They can't upgrade their defense mods anymore because they cost too much now, it will be looked at in the next community update

Hahaha, +1
  • They're still around, they're just tired of us lol.
  • Worry not friends. I will be your defender. Oh you meant of the game.. Meh, yeah they're gone. Long gone, the forum has turned into Galaxy of trolls and its hilarious right now. Too bad I'm in jail.. :(.
  • They are killing all their toons on node six of gw
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    They are silently deleting all the threads...including this one.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Worry not friends. I will be your defender. Oh you meant of the game.. Meh, yeah they're gone. Long gone, the forum has turned into Galaxy of trolls and its hilarious right now. Too bad I'm in jail.. :(.

I've been defending this game a while now. You might remember me, we've had debates on other threads before. But I honestly can't defend any more. These mods are just insane.

I was expecting 10 - 15% increases to health or damage. 25% might not have been unreasonable. But I've seen people take a character's stats and go 5x it. Just completely insane.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Larfleeze wrote: »
    They are killing all their toons on node six of gw

Lmfaoooooo
  • Stuck in the mod tutorial b/c we all know they haven't actually tried the update.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Worry not friends. I will be your defender. Oh you meant of the game.. Meh, yeah they're gone. Long gone, the forum has turned into Galaxy of trolls and its hilarious right now. Too bad I'm in jail.. :(.

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! #Free @EscapeArtist51
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    I am here to defend and get get Flamed upon I still like this game yes it **** they made the grind a lot longer to do meaning to me they hope this game will stay around for awhile after all the whiners left.
  • C3POwn wrote: »

HELP MAN. I'm too pretty for jail. Im not having fun here.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Radonis wrote: »
    I am here to defend and get get Flamed upon I still like this game yes it **** they made the grind a lot longer to do meaning to me they hope this game will stay around for awhile after all the whiners left.

Sigh why bring up the word whiners? You obviously are enjoying this sithstorm from the sideline as a real f2p.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • nematocyte
    421 posts Member
    edited July 2016

If anyone that criticizes the game is termed a "whiner," you'll be left with about 0.0002% of the total population. Have fun playing with your brother and sister.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member

I don't completely dislike the game now. But I am far less interested after seeing the scale of these mods power. It's just a daunting task to now have to grind these things out. I'll continue to give it a chance. But I'll probably find myself skipping days and stuff now. It no longer feels like a "must play daily" game for me.
  • I had hopes that mods would get better with time. Can't defend today's patch though
  • Oh, I'm still here. And still loving mods. I'm sorry you don't. There's nothing left to say.
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    See this makes it more interesting but there are some really bad whiners about dumb things today on the forum. Some are real complaints but its like Rage Band Wagon if your not on it your the bad guy even if u like the game still it sucks.
  • Today's patch was definitely a mistake to my mind. No one really to thank but yourselves IMO. But I'm not complaining. I'll adapt and be patient like always.
  • I was happy with the original mod update

not any more

what they did was raise a giant 3rd phalanx to all of their players
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    See this makes it more interesting but there are some really bad whiners about dumb things today on the forum. Some are real complaints but its like Rage Band Wagon if your not on it your the bad guy even if u like the game still it sucks.

Honestly, might be best to just jump off the forums for a few days. People are going to hate any defense of this game right now.

I'm kinda between the 2 extremes myself. I still like the game. But I don't like this mod update at all. It's a very fun and interesting idea. But it's just too much at once.

I think it would be better received if they slowly rolled out mods. Only 1* star nods for a week or two. Then 2*. It wouldn't feel like such a colossal change that way.
  • C3POwn wrote: »

HELP MAN. I'm too pretty for jail. Im not having fun here.

"Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison." - Henry David Thoreau

Thought this appropriate.

Hail Santa!
  • Oh, I'm still here. And still loving mods. I'm sorry you don't. There's nothing left to say.

Very good to hear! I love the idea of mods with a well-thought out implementation, but what's happened over the last 48 hours is the polar opposite of intelligent programming.
  • Today's patch was definitely a mistake to my mind. No one really to thank but yourselves IMO. But I'm not complaining. I'll adapt and be patient like always.

You mentioned this yesterday ad nauseum. I and others attempted to show you yesterday why shoveling a pile of pig **** on a pile of horse **** is not the fault of the community. Either I didn't make myself clear or you just don't care to hear good arguments.
  • Honestly... I personally try to be optimistic, but mods really are op, as With only tier one and a couple 2s, my STHan has Fives levels of HP and armor, IMO they need to bring it down, maybe bring the max level down to as strong as the tier two, and look at it again.

Though it is fun stomping enemies in PvE :P
  • nematocyte wrote: »
    Today's patch was definitely a mistake to my mind. No one really to thank but yourselves IMO. But I'm not complaining. I'll adapt and be patient like always.

You mentioned this yesterday ad nauseum. I and others attempted to show you yesterday why shoveling a pile of pig **** on a pile of horse **** is not the fault of the community. Either I didn't make myself clear or you just don't care to hear good arguments.

They were pressured to act. And act quickly. Quick responses to outrage are usually poor ones. Yet something had to appear to happen on their end to show they were "on it." So here it is. The bandaid. Such as it is.

The next one probably won't be that much better. They'll nerf mods. But it won't matter. The same problems you perceive now will still be present. Just on a smaller scale. Everyone will still hate Rey, Ben and RG. But Rey won't have 80k so it'll appear to be better.

Someone had a great idea yesterday to attach character star and gear level to what mods can be used on them. So that they can feel that the work already put in seems meaningful. Seemed very reasonable to me. That's how I'd fix it. But I doubt that'll happen now. If it ever would. The time for rational thought is over. Killed by knee **** chicken littles. Now we can love mod farming like we love shard and purple gear farming.

That is to say...not at all.
  • Obipan
    78 posts Member
    We were at our jobs. You ever heard of one of those? That's what you have to have when the government doesn't send you checks each month
  • nematocyte wrote: »
    Today's patch was definitely a mistake to my mind. No one really to thank but yourselves IMO. But I'm not complaining. I'll adapt and be patient like always.

They were pressured to act. And act quickly. Quick responses to outrage are usually poor ones. Yet something had to appear to happen on their end to show they were "on it." So here it is. The bandaid. Such as it is.

The next one probably won't be that much better. They'll nerf mods. But it won't matter. The same problems you perceive now will still be present. Just on a smaller scale. Everyone will still hate Rey, Ben and RG. But Rey won't have 80k so it'll appear to be better.

Someone had a great idea yesterday to attach character star and gear level to what mods can be used on them. So that they can feel that the work already put in seems meaningful. Seemed very reasonable to me. That's how I'd fix it. But I doubt that'll happen now. If it ever would. The time for rational thought is over. Killed by knee **** chicken littles. Now we can love mod farming like we love shard and purple gear farming.

That is to say...not at all.

First off, this was a surprisingly great reply, and I don't mean that to be offensive, I just didn't expect it.

I understand they were pressured to act quickly, but this is not our fault. Most of the community that's vocal did not want mods, or at least, wanted them delayed and tested and vetted.

I like the idea of making the mods contingent on star and gear level. I guarantee if they thought this out, there's a hundred different ways to avoid the disaster they pushed on us. There's a thread with at least 2 dozen suggestions on how to do mods that were all posted prior to the update.

I'm convinced they aren't listening to us as much as you think they are, and the only reason they made changes as quickly as they did is they did not receive the income they expected from the initial update. Hopefully they receive even less after making a bad situation worse.
  • Zach325
    91 posts Member
    My pussy stank
  • I make a lot of great posts. I usually attempt to be a reasonable voice of the middle ground.

Just not when I'm tired and snippy from reading the same panicky the end is nigh posts all day.

I earned two more warnings from last nights escapades. Not a bad haul lol. Must have succeeded in pushing some buttons. Either that or some folks are so soft these days that they can't handle a little off color humor at their expense.