Drop rate is horrible

ArualLlerryt921
0 posts Member
edited January 2016
Been trying for 2 days now to upgrade Chewie from weapon lvl vi to lvl vii. I need 20 of the item and after burning through two days worth of energy on the same stupid battle. I've received 1 item. At this rate it'll take me two years to get the 20 items I need. This beyond aggravating.
Post edited by Hozilla on

Replies

• zlatanian
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I spent 200 crystals today, for Ren, Rey, Dooku, FOTF shards.
    I got ... wait for it ... only 1 Rey shard .

one
    freaking
    shard.

I love you, EA lol
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • I commented on this in another post, but I too noticed the drop rates got worse after the update. I was farming IG-86 for quite some time and since the update, he's been a lot tougher. I also saw a similar end result farming for Luminara as well. I'm going to monitor it a little more until I can feel confident that this is more than bad RNG for a few days....
  • I feel my drops got better on gear i haven't noticed a difference yet for shard drops i got around 25 purple gear from 2 and half days worth of energy so about 300 engery divided by 8 is like 36 trys so i got
    25/36.
  • Drop rates did drop with last update definitely. I've been farming GS for a while and before the update the rate was like 2/5 which was ok. But after the update it became like 1/10 or maybe even worse :/ I'm sure the devs will say "we didn't change anything" but something has changed for sure.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Drop rates did drop with last update definitely. I've been farming GS for a while and before the update the rate was like 2/5 which was ok. But after the update it became like 1/10 or maybe even worse :/ I'm sure the devs will say "we didn't change anything" but something has changed for sure.

I don't know if they changed something, but your minuscule sample size proves nothing. Going 1/10 in coin tosses is not only normal under a probability distribution, but almost a necesity. If you have 1 million SWGOH players tossing a coin, 1000 of them will get 0 heads and 10 tails.
    You happen to be in the group of players that got few shards because of normal RNG distribution.
  • I am also about 0/10 on Kylo since the update. Was about 38% prior. Also I'm 9/12 farming fives since. I'm upset about the Kylo since I just reached 4C YESTERDAY MORNING!
  • Raenas
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Went 3/30 on Kylo today. Before it was like 2/5. I think they wanted to get cantina drops on par with hard node...
  • I am also about 0/10 on Kylo since the update. Was about 38% prior. Also I'm 9/12 farming fives since. I'm upset about the Kylo since I just reached 4C YESTERDAY MORNING!

I went 10/25 what i do is sim once if i get shard i sim again if not i wait 10mins and try again it normaly works if you pace yourself and not just go balls deep in sims
  • I noticed the opposite. I got 3 for 3 Boba Fett shards, and 2 for 3 Rey. The overall shard drop rate has increased for me.
  • Been trying for 2 days now to upgrade Chewie from weapon lvl vi to lvl vii. I need 20 of the item and after burning through two days worth of energy on the same stupid battle. I've received 1 item. At this rate it'll take me two years to get the 20 items I need. This beyond aggravating.

I can save you your gear! Dont use it on chewie! Chewie will fall off big time late game, only viable tank at the moment is poe I think.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Chewie lvl60 7* gear 7, is a joke of a tank, way to little hp, even with his hp boost and poor defence, when he taunts he dies, and thats against my team thats not high dps, so if a high dps team comes along I dont even think they notice him

On the drop rate I got 8/25(32% drop) today
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I commented on this in another post, but I too noticed the drop rates got worse after the update. I was farming IG-86 for quite some time and since the update, he's been a lot tougher. I also saw a similar end result farming for Luminara as well. I'm going to monitor it a little more until I can feel confident that this is more than bad RNG for a few days....

FWIW (which is not much), I've been farming 86 and my drop rates since the update have been ludicrous. Def. greater than 50%.

And then shards were dropping like mad from bronzium... Until they weren't.

I do have a little conspiracy theorist in me as well but the pragmatist on me says perception bias and RNG.

• My whole family, myself, wife and daughter, have noticed very poor drop rates since the update.
  • HamZolo wrote: »
    My whole family, myself, wife and daughter, have noticed very poor drop rates since the update.

I think thats a bit exaggerated it really hasnt changed nothing was done to the drop rates in this update....
  • HamZolo wrote: »
    My whole family, myself, wife and daughter, have noticed very poor drop rates since the update.

Were you playing on the same ipad together?
  • I've noticed throughout the game that drop rate comes and goes. One day i got about 9/10, next day 1/10. I've had 1/10 for the last 3 days, with nothing better than 3 random shards from my plat card, and haven't had anything remotely interesting from chromium for about 2 months. I'm lvl 61 f2p and haven't unlocked a decent char except the generic gw ship and arena ones for weeks. Can't compete with gw or arena any more...
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Drop rate is the same for me since update