Barriss heal broken?

Unsure if this is a bug, although reading her description it does seem to be, but Barriss's second skill, her large group heal can heal characters afflicted with Sideous's heal block? Just witnesses her heal a character from red to practically full despite having heal block debuff.

This is not a complaint thread about whether she is op and needs nerfin. Just looking for calification that she's capable of doing this, or if it's bugged?

Replies

• different mechanic...balancing (identical to Chasun in Summoners War)
  • It still applies a 25% heal, balacing wouldn't practically max a characters health again, especially if others in the team received dmg, at most it would have brought it up to 3/4 hp, max hp almost would imply the 25% heal still went through, which it shouldn't.
  • in summoners the "balancing" means it levels up to the character with more HP, i.e. one is full HP the other @ 1%....after "balancing" both are 100%...rather liberal use of the word...

This is from the conversation with the dev:

Q: I was under the impression that Sidious' heal immunity only affected the heal rather than the health balance portion of her ability?
    While still useful, it's really the health balance that's problematic.

A:So THAT part is something we're discussing internally. We're not sure if it's a bug or not. I'll have more information about that Soon™.
    It's definitely on our radar. I should have mentioned that earlier, it completely slipped my mind. My apologies :)

• The 25% heal doesn't go through. What you're seeing is the health balancing between characters.

If you don't believe me then next time you fight a Barriss team, leave her until last and throw on a heal immunity on her. Watch what happens when she tries to heal. Nothing at all because the debuff stops the 25% heal component (as it should) and she has no one else on her team to balance her health with so nothing happens.

But so many people have been complaining about this thinking it's a bug or that it makes her OP so the devs are discussing if the mechanic of this skill should remain or not.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    No character should have the ability to fully heal anyone. And this is coming from a player who has Barriss.
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    in summoners the "balancing" means it levels up to the character with more HP, i.e. one is full HP the other @ 1%....after "balancing" both are 100%...rather liberal use of the word...

This is from the conversation with the dev:

Q: I was under the impression that Sidious' heal immunity only affected the heal rather than the health balance portion of her ability?
    While still useful, it's really the health balance that's problematic.

A:So THAT part is something we're discussing internally. We're not sure if it's a bug or not. I'll have more information about that Soon™.
    It's definitely on our radar. I should have mentioned that earlier, it completely slipped my mind. My apologies :)

Oh hey that was my question lol. But yeah it's pretty annoying that she's the only character in the game that can essentially full-heal someone (or heal someone at all) straight through a healing immunity debuff. This, of course, is exacerbated by the fact that she's on literally every team I've faced in several days. Sure, I can deal with her, but it's still annoying and makes that healing immunity debuff pretty worthless most of the time. I hope it gets fixed.
  • Thanks for the replies :) though I'm almost certain that the amount healed was not just from the balancing. Against a character with less hp then I wouldn't be able to say, but this was Chewbacca, Barriss couldn't have virtually fulled healed him from just a balance. But I will keep an eye out in future matches, it's not, to me, an issue that prevents me winning, just an annoyance and likely an oversight due to her double mechanic heal.
  • @Alatar @WhipiT

I'm going to copy and paste something I said over on the SW:GoH subreddit.

Most people claim that Barriss still being able to "heal" through a healing immunity debuff is OP. But why?

Most people say Sid/Anakin/IG-88 are meant to be the counter to Barriss? Well no, they're the counter for every other healer currently in the game.

Right now, there is only 6 main healing characters in the game (Barriss, Consular, Luminara, Talia, Elder Ewok, Old Daka). 7 if you want to count Ahsoka but her heal isn't exactly reliable since it only triggers on a crit.

Healing immunity debuff counters every single one of these healers (including all the various self heals from other characters like Chewie, Sidious, Aayla, etc.) except Barriss Offee.

Barriss Offee is the only counter to Heal Immunity right now, and her heal is the only thing she has to bring to the table because her damage is almost non existent. But she's not completely exempt from the debuff either. The only part of her heal ability that goes through the healing immunity is the "health equalisation" part of her skill.

Almost everyone either already has Sidious in their team or are working towards unlocking him for his healing debuff and yet somehow no one complains about how his heal debuff can wipe out half of their healer's usefulness.

Now, I don't actually use Barriss in any of my teams (unless I get desperate for healers in Galactic Wars) because I know she's only half as useful as some of the other characters I already have unlocked, but if you take away the only purpose she has to be in a team, then why even have her in the game?
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    different mechanic...balancing (identical to Chasun in Summoners War)

same strategy in summoners... leave her for last. Chasun has also no counter in summoner's lololololol
  • Difference is, heal block can be both resisted and cleansed (which barriss can also do). Also heal block is verus one target per turn, group heal hits everyone that turn. And only Sideous I believe has a 100% heal block, which can still be resisted. So the debuff is hardly op or crippling, especially if it can still be healed through.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Difference is, heal block can be both resisted and cleansed (which barriss can also do). Also heal block is verus one target per turn, group heal hits everyone that turn. And only Sideous I believe has a 100% heal block, which can still be resisted. So the debuff is hardly op or crippling, especially if it can still be healed through.

"Can still be healed through" by one person only.

All heals that can be cast are usually group heals. So the only difference is if any of those 5 out of 6 healers cast a heal, one person doesn't get healed but the rest of the group does. If it's Barriss casting the heal, then that person doesas well.

They don't need to stop Barriss' heal from ignoring Heal Immunity completely. They just need to adjust the amount that can be "healed" from the health equalisation.

I'm also not saying Healing Immunity is OP, I'm just saying different characters have different counts to each other.

• I see your point Slushie and I agree. Well said.
  • I'd be fine with limiting the amount healed by the equalization. My problem is the full-heal from 1hp through healing immunity. I don't care if it's only a 30-40% heal through the immunity.
This discussion has been closed.