Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• McShart wrote: »
    I found the previous style to be much like playing Risk. Plan strategy, roll the dice, adjust accordingly.
    With the change, it's more like playing Monopoly with infinite rolls. Land on a hotel, re-roll. Go to jail, re-roll. They land on your hotel, gimme the dice back. Easier but tedious.

Monopoly is harder. You will depend on your skill tonappear weak and come out strong, negotiating seemgly harmless cards. Risk is a game of scale 100% and Defend More Than Attack. Both are very different.

Now it is possible that the devs see this interest in more deep strategy (though broken as it was) in terms of much more expanded options. Maybe Ships update isnjust that? There are still many unused areas in the main screen!

• McShart wrote: »
    I found the previous style to be much like playing Risk. Plan strategy, roll the dice, adjust accordingly.
    With the change, it's more like playing Monopoly with infinite rolls. Land on a hotel, re-roll. Go to jail, re-roll. They land on your hotel, gimme the dice back. Easier but tedious.

Btw both require strategy. The current model is less forgiving, as things accumulate andnif ou plan fails, you want to rethink and restart.

• I beat it a couple times using the old way. No characters lost. I beat it a few times in the past couple days. Lost maybe a couple characters. Don't know what the big deal is. It's not game breaking. Just means you have to pay attention now instead of cheesing. I don't understand the whiners. And I don't understand the people who "were gonna spend money" and now aren't. Get over yourselves. If you were gonna spend you already would have. If you have spent, you probably still will.

BTW, my best character is 4* sidious. All my others are the free ones you get for playing.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    I wish in ROTJ, Luke was like "yo emp, wait a second, let me get a clone in here to take the lighting, I don't really want to get hit with it."

image_zpsightkn3i.jpeg

Well he took some damage, hit retreat, and subbed Vader in. Now it's just a mulligan until Luke decides to sit it out.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Good idea ea_jesse lol its pretty rediculous how many there were
  • This isn't a OMG you screwed us with GW

I read on Reddit they changed the GW to be harder because they consider GW to be the end game part of the game. If this is true please tell me this is not going to be the only end game content.

I enjoy this game. I've spent money on the game. I play this game a lot. But if GW is going to be the only end game I will not be sticking around long. Heck Ive already started auto battling GW some days because don't really care to finish or not. Just do it to get some rewards.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Breetai wrote: »
    This isn't a OMG you screwed us with GW

I read on Reddit they changed the GW to be harder because they consider GW to be the end game part of the game. If this is true please tell me this is not going to be the only end game content.

I enjoy this game. I've spent money on the game. I play this game a lot. But if GW is going to be the only end game I will not be sticking around long. Heck Ive already started auto battling GW some days because don't really care to finish or not. Just do it to get some rewards.

Oh sweet Jesus, tell me there is more... Otherwise they have no vision and it's really time to find a new addiction.
  • Please merge with the other 400 rants about GW
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    pay2win wrote: »
    Please merge with the other 400 rants about GW

Has nothing to do with GW rants, Quick Draw McGraw.
  • Um...its a rant about GW.

They've already said the next update was going to include a lot of content.
  • If they don't include raids and alliance battles in the future I will be very very surprised.
  • pay2win wrote: »
    Um...its a rant about GW.

Explain how I'm ranting?

I'm asking is GW really ment to be the only end game aspect.

This has nothing to do with the update. This is more of a question about where the game is heading with end game aspects.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member

Umm... (see what I did there). His concern is that GW is the end of their vision for the game as far as content, end game even. So the next update will include a lot of content? Fantastic. However another devs remark on another thread seem to indicate this last patch had a lot of content. I hope you are right, really.
  • pay2win just likes to troll and be a putz this is a different post I agree with. GW is a very weak endgame. I hope for more too.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    pay2win just likes to troll and be a putz this is a different post I agree with. GW is a very weak endgame. I hope for more too.

You have every right to hope that the stunned holotables recover from thier sleepy debuff. John did say that keycard battles would be revamped..that's a start.
  • J7000 wrote: »

Umm... (see what I did there). His concern is that GW is the end of their vision for the game as far as content, end game even. So the next update will include a lot of content? Fantastic. However another devs remark on another thread seem to indicate this last patch had a lot of content. I hope you are right, really.

They said it was designed for end game content. As in, newbies shouldn't be able to pass it consistently. Not one mention of it being the only end game content.

How much is a lot of content to you? They added 2 more normal mission levels, 2 more hard mission levels, 2 more cantina levels, another gear level for the majority of characters, and more ability levels for all characters.
  • pay2win just likes to troll and be a putz this is a different post I agree with. GW is a very weak endgame. I hope for more too.

Thanks for adding to the conversation. There for a second, I thought you were just going to discredit my opinion by labeling me a troll.
  • If no more content is coming out soon then I'll soon be finding a new game
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Content that scales to player level and becomes available mid game is not endgame content. That Dev comment is a typical revisionist statement made to quell the masses.

I don't think this was ever intended to be the case. I think it was always designed to be another mid game mode of collecting resources and that endgame was yet to be introduced.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    Content that scales to player level and becomes available mid game is not endgame content. That Dev comment is a typical revisionist statement made to quell the masses.

Pretty much what I figured
    I don't think this was ever intended to be the case. I think it was always designed to be another mid game mode of collecting resources and that endgame was yet to be introduced.

Lots of unused holotables and a revamp to keycard battles coming.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    This isn't a OMG you screwed us with GW

They plan to release some kind of spaceship battle holotable, but I have no idea when that'll be. Until then, it's mindless grinding and battling to keep rank 1 in arena.

This is not going to be the only end game content. :)

GW is introduced at level 40. It's designed to auto-scale with you, so it should provide a good challenge for a while. We'll continue to tune the difficulty based on your feedback, our own play experiences, and our analysis of the data.
    If they don't include raids and alliance battles in the future I will be very very surprised.

Me too. ;)
    They said it was designed for end game content. As in, newbies shouldn't be able to pass it consistently. Not one mention of it being the only end game content.

Since it scales with you, it could conceivably be relevant deep into the player lifecycle. However time will tell. Other activities are planned which will be focused on more end game play and rewards. Can't get into details or dates yet.
    Ballcacks wrote: »
    If no more content is coming out soon then I'll soon be finding a new game

I wish I could snap my fingers and have all the cool stuff we're working on and have planned in your hands right now. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I hope you like what's coming next, and we should be able to start talking about that next week.

Well, that's a bit mean. Not sure why you're so negative, but let's focus on the game. As mentioned above, GW scales with you so it could grow with you from mid to end game. There would need to be some changes made to it, and tuning as well, but the structure of the feature enables it to potentially span both parts of the lifecycle.

Hope that helps.
  • pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Sounds great. Thanks for responding. @CG_JohnSalera
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Breetai wrote: »

GW is introduced at level 40. It's designed to auto-scale with you, so it should provide a good challenge for a while. We'll continue to tune the difficulty based on your feedback, our own play experiences, and our analysis of the data.
    If they don't include raids and alliance battles in the future I will be very very surprised.

Me too. ;)

Since it scales with you, it could conceivably be relevant deep into the player lifecycle. However time will tell. Other activities are planned which will be focused on more end game play and rewards. Can't get into details or dates yet.

I wish I could snap my fingers and have all the cool stuff we're working on and have planned in your hands right now. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I hope you like what's coming next, and we should be able to start talking about that next week.

Well, that's a bit mean. Not sure why you're so negative, but let's focus on the game. As mentioned above, GW scales with you so it could grow with you from mid to end game. There would need to be some changes made to it, and tuning as well, but the structure of the feature enables it to potentially span both parts of the lifecycle.

Hope that helps.

@CG_JohnSalera sorry it wasn't meant to be mean. Text is a poor format for conveying tone. I was specifically speaking about that Reddit post, and I meant it very matter of factly with no ill feelings whatsoever. I've just been part of gaming forum communities for so long I've come to read between the lines. I get it though; it's part your job to quell the masses lol. :p So please don't take that negatively.

But devs are human too. They make mistakes, don't fully convey their thoughts, etc. No one could conceivably say that GW was originally designed specifically as endgame content and be serious. It's clearly meant to be a game mode that scales just like you and I both said, to fit from mid through end game. If whoever that Dev on Reddit is, truly meant that it was intended to be and designed as endgame content then, I'm sorry, I gotta throw out the **** card and call it what is, revisionist history.

Also, I'd love RotJ Luke Skywalker <3
  • If GW is Endgame, then the game is almost over since GW won't keep people here for years..

Me too. ;)

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the reply. That answers my question
  • JohnSalera
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If GW is Endgame, then the game is almost over since GW won't keep people here for years..

O-to-the-M-to-the-G! Did you even read what I wrote? :)
    Post edited by JohnSalera on
  • @Telaan - Thanks for clarifying and for the reasonable response. I believe I know what he meant to be saying in his Reddit post, but words can be tricky as you say.

As devs we have to find the balance between responding quickly and responding with full precision -- especially because there are folks who relish dismantling our statements and reconstructing them to feed fantastically negative imaginations.
  • I have been able to beat the GW past 2 nights without a single 7* character. It takes work and planning on what characters to use but its possible and difficult. In fact I have only 1 6* character and 2 5*. Rest are works in progress.

I have not been a fan of the changes but it is not a game changer. I do suggest 1 thing.
    Create a pre defined tournament like GW. Uses pre set teams that have different focus, defense, aoe, dots, etc.. that get more difficult as you go up. This can be used to train your deck building abilities and know what characters you can use to overcome each.

This would also be used by you to see how usefull some things are. As of right now damage trumps all, seconded by heals. everything else is moot, just add more damage and crits and nothing else matters basically. To be more clear, defense lower damage but easily overcome with more damage. Evasion avoids damage but we just need to to hit harder when we do. Invisibility cant target them, so we use AOE with damage and crits to wipe them anyway... We will have a tank suck up damage, no problem we hit him hard and drop him anyway. Tanks cant soak enough damage or mitigate it so basically worthless. Etc...

Sorry to use this as a suggestion and feedback but that is my 2 cent.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975