Am I supposed to be able to win this GW node? (deaf ears, of course...)

MerciLesMing
13 posts Member
edited July 2016
Populated with a:

40k health, 25k prot, 4500 damage, 205 speed Rey
55k health, 55k prot, RG (and his potency was ugly...)
30k health, 25k prot, 4000 damage QGJ

All backed up with a just-as-scary STHan and Daka. All five packed with level 15 5* mods, of course. All five max gear.

My A team (usually about 50 Arena ranking) was killed in ONE turn. Their Rey was blasting out 40k single hits.

How about giving us a final node that is actually winnable. This is really out of hand.

Today, I'm getting murdered at node 11. Good thing you raised GW rewards (did you, really?) so now we get the same when we never finish. Oh, minus the GW currency and ability mats for finishing, of course.
Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Have you tried to send in a suicide team after you got blasted without taking even a turn?
  • Frelorn
    28 posts Member
    Why do you need ability mats? Just take a 2 star lvl 1 toon give him lvl 7 mods and save the time on farming or gear, he will win everything...No Problem...lol
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    So I think the new Strategy is to level up 5 sets of Level 7 mods in either Health or Defense.
    Pay to remove them from your main team and assign them to your B team. Go in with fully modded B team and take out as many as you can.
    Then Remove the mods from the B team and assign them to your A team and repeat as needed.

This way you are able to fully mod any character you are sending into GW. It just costs a bit to remove the mods for transfer.
  • Varlie wrote: »
    So I think the new Strategy is to level up 5 sets of Level 7 mods in either Health or Defense.
    Pay to remove them from your main team and assign them to your B team. Go in with fully modded B team and take out as many as you can.
    Then Remove the mods from the B team and assign them to your A team and repeat as needed.

This way you are able to fully mod any character you are sending into GW. It just costs a bit to remove the mods for transfer.

Which would effectively reduce the GW credit rewards by half. Which is in effect a GW credit decrease, even though they increased the payout by 20% (?) But it's the only way to win it.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I'm just trying to think like a dev now
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    they just need to make mods be reflected in power rating. simple. but they obviously just forgot that...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »

It costs around 5k per mod so 30k per character or 150k for the team, not to mention you have to equip them back on your A team afterwards. That amount of investment to beat one or two nodes in gw is just not worth it.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »

It costs around 5k per mod so 30k per character or 150k for the team, not to mention you have to equip them back on your A team afterwards. That amount of investment to beat one or two nodes in gw is just not worth it.

Totally agree as I was going to try this to get past node 11, the cost alone of doing this nuilfies GW reward all together.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    The fact we have to think so elaborately kinda explains the flaws with the game!
  • That team was weak, you should see mine!
  • No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!
    article-2255918-13D62759000005DC-452_634x538.jpg
  • CapnnRex
    184 posts Member
    It was harder getting to last battle than normal today. Then was impossible like the new normal
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    lol @ "we listen to feedback." Bunch of phooey. Probably won't be able to beat node 6 today, which is just ridiculous. Will only be the 2nd time since March that I have not finished a GW (both occurred in the last 2 weeks), and even that other one I got to node 12 I just couldn't finish.
  • Azadum
    39 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Well, I suppose it's our fault for not pre-crafting to compete. We should all pay for out lack of foresight.
    Seriously, don't sweat it. In 10 months, when you've finally caught up due to the credit crunch, you'll have a similarly geared team and the game will be balanced again.
  • Azadum wrote: »
    Well, I suppose it's our fault for not pre-crafting to compete. We should all pay for out lack of foresight.
    Seriously, don't sweat it. In 10 months, when you've finally caught up due to the credit crunch, you'll have a similarly geared team and the game will be balanced again.

At that moment point we will completely nullify all you've worked on for 10 months and have you start over. And pay through the nose to do it.

Working as intended
  • Incredible incompetence that they didn't include mods in power calculations.
    It would have fixed a lot of the current issues.
  • My arena squad is only 28k power.

I have had almost no issues completing GW with my modded squad.

I've always been underpowered even in my own arena shard. Most guys are 32k power or better that I compete with.

I wonder if changing your arena squad to weaker toons would improve your opponents in GW...
  • My arena squad is only 28k power.

I have had almost no issues completing GW with my modded squad.

I've always been underpowered even in my own arena shard. Most guys are 32k power or better that I compete with.

I wonder if changing your arena squad to weaker toons would improve your opponents in GW...

After i changed my arena to 28k power from 31k, i have been having an easier time defending because of better squad defense, but sadly the game calculates GW dif based on the top 5 squad, so it doesn't even matter for me :neutral:
  • Your lucky I fought a clone team with RG backing up and RG had nearly 180k (health and protection combined) all of the other clones etc were about the same. They killed 20 x 7* gear 9 toons and my arena team. GW is not possible for me to beat now