Salt on the Wound: A Comprehensive Feedback Review

Replies

• Salty01
    105 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Excellent Post!

At least I won't be tempted to buy scanners, design techs, and callers in shipments any more, as they are almost irrelevant. I will not spend another dime on this game. The only reason I have not uninstalled and bailed is I like my Guild. I will give it another week or two to see if the devs address GW and the credit crunch.
  • Bibislav wrote: »
    I agree with everything you said, with the exception of this:
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Mods have more or less erased the advantage that your most dedicated players, your biggest supporters, spent months of time and money on. Team synergy, already fragile, is now pretty much meaningless. It's just a HP/protection and DPS race, a battle of extreme stats.

I completely disagree with that statement.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/55335/mods-myths-and-facts#latest

Oh yeah?
    How about this (today's GW)
    rldk60.png
    2uzwmcn.png

Were you trying to make a point with that? Because you did not.

If dps that crits for more than 42k is ok with cca 56k health and protection summed , well I guess I didn't mean to make a point at all. Author of provided link says that there are not much difference between pre and post mods, and my modded droid team can't take her down with dodge meta.

If dps that crits for more than 42k is ok with cca 56k health and protection summed , well I guess I didn't mean to make a point at all. Author of provided link says that there are not much difference between pre and post mods, and my modded droid team can't take her down with dodge meta.

You most not be running a good modded droid team because I have basically the same Rey and the #1 team on my shard is a t5 modded droid team with JE/B2 that I cannot beat.

You most not be running a good modded droid team because I have basically the same Rey and the #1 team on my shard is a t5 modded droid team with JE/B2 that I cannot beat.

Well the whole point of making your glass cannon a potential beef is not my cup of tea. The very idea of modding is not bad at all, but executed poorly. Heavy hitters really shouldn't be able to 'tank'. Just my two cents...
  • +1 Took the words right out of my mouth.
  • Isn't it crazy that one of the most marketable franchises in the world can't have an online game go right?
    Personally I haven't seen a game implode this since SWG.

• With dodge meta, mods are, admittedly, a problem lol. I have many, many draws vs the cancer that is Ben Kenobi lead teams.
    Bibislav wrote: »

Well the whole point of making your glass cannon a potential beef is not my cup of tea. The very idea of modding is not bad at all, but executed poorly. Heavy hitters really shouldn't be able to 'tank'. Just my two cents...

This bothers me less than many of the other mistakes they've made. Sure, Rey tanks as well as an old RG. But new RG can tank for quadruple that amount using % mods. So...nothing really changes, once everyone is modded.
  • awbattles wrote: »

This bothers me less than many of the other mistakes they've made. Sure, Rey tanks as well as an old RG. But new RG can tank for quadruple that amount using % mods. So...nothing really changes, once everyone is modded.

Problem being that mostly whales have mods and the rest are left with 10-20 tier 5 mods and since precraft 2.0 they won't be getting a lot more for some time.
  • Tiggerz
    62 posts Member
    @Palanthian: well said.
  • Sticky please, so all the devs get a chance to read this
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    Praise this thread. +1000000
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Ascansio wrote: »
    This is a very nice review of the whole puzzle and I gladly put my signature under it.

Thanks, I fully support your post as well and did so on your thread.

3 things would fix this entire mess for me.
    • Increase the drop rate for mods (50%?) and restore 5* guaranteed for tier 3, 4* for tier 2 only, 3* for tier 1 only
    • Maintain the mod concept but deliver a global, uniform nerf to the power of all mods, so that gear and synergy still mean something
    • The icing on the cake would be a new energy type for mods, separating them fully from cantina energy

I believe that an update delivering the above would redeem EA/CG in the eyes of its players. In fact, if they do the above I will buy Cody to celebrate - I guarantee it.

That would be a beginning but since last night I am the most concerned about the credit situation.. I was never feeling the credit crunch like others but the current mod prices look like I will not have credits for something else for months.
  • Thank you, @Palanthian. Well written, eloquently and respectfully expressed, and accurately captures why the last few days have exacerbated longtime problems and alienated most of the player base. I too hope the devs soberly consider the OP.
  • + 100000
  • I agree with all of the kudos above. Thank you for taking the time and though to put together a well written analysis of the key problems. On addition - they also need to dramatically alter the leveling up process around mods. That could come as part of a nerf. But, I understand it is now taking a weeks worth of credits to level up one mod. Players cannot get leveled up mods while also starring and leveling up toons to fight the mod challenges. Players are stretched way too thin on credits with no path for significant progress on a reasonable time horizon.
  • masters
    231 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    To the O.P. I say hear, hear. What say you EA/CG, Google Play and iWhatevertheycallit?
  • Videian28 wrote: »
    Sticky please, so all the devs get a chance to read this

Like they could be bothered reading anything. Clearly they have absolutely no interest in what we have to say, otherwise why would they have made a precrafting 2.0 situation?
  • Just trying to keep this on the front page
  • Padob
    33 posts Member
    +1
  • Well said, +1 and a thumb up!
  • Very well written post. Totally expressed this regressive game.
  • This is pretty spot on. +1
  • It's not often I agree with everything in a post. However this is 100% accurate. Everything was play tested. Everything was made overpowered so it could be fixed by premium currency or nerfed only to be fixed by premium currency.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • I, and my guild, strongly support this post. We were a collections of dolphins, minnows, and F2P, but we're following the lead of Team Instinct and moving to F2P... at least for now. EA can win us back, along with our wallets, but the issues outlined in this post need to be addressed. We WANT to give you our money, EA, but we would be incredibly foolish to do that when the value of whatever we purchase is virtually guaranteed to be diminished to almost nil sooner or later.

What your consumers want is not new chromium characters, a new scoundrel event, or a new mod system based on cantina energy that prohibits us from farming additional characters. We want you to thoughtfully rework elements of the game that are broken and give us a reason to keep coming back. The Anakin fix, for example, was awesome. If EA put the same consideration into a GW solution, reworking other characters, etc., we'd be a very happy consumer base.

Win us back. It won't be hard. We would be happy to respond to a survey about which elements of the game most need your attention and in which ways. You would then be able to point to consumer consensus (or lack thereof) in making improvements to how the game works. We are, after all, investors in this game. Unlike the old gaming model, we don't pay a one-time fee to purchase a game; we invest in the game experience by making purchases over and over and over and over... until we become disillusioned with the product (or company that produces the product) and move on. That does not have to happen. Ultimately, EA's success is measured in dollars and cents. But it is also measured in consumer satisfaction. Please, take some time to improve broken and frustrating game elements. THEN roll out those new characters, events, and opportunities to spend. We're more likely to hand over our hard-earned cash when we really enjoy the experience for which we are paying.

Thanks.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse you want people to stop being negative on the forums and just provide constructive feedback. In order to get something, you have to give something.

You say you listen to feedback. Here's some feedback ON feedback being ignored.

Pre-Crafting 1.0

You were informed about the player gear imbalance caused by pre-crafting 1.0. After 2 months of doing nothing, saying nothing, your solution was to put raid gear in shipments. Not all the time, just for 2 weeks a piece in a clear move to force players to refresh using crystals. It was an opportunistic monetisation of your own blunder, it did nothing to solve the problem, it exacerbated it and made you more money in the process.

This is called pouring salt on the wound.

Galactic War Difficulty

You received months of feedback that GW was too difficult for most players and took too long to complete. Your response to that feedback was to make it EASIER - you listened!!! And then 2 weeks later you put the difficulty back in a stealth patch without even bothering to tell anyone. You allowed a 60 page mega-thread to accumulate and then announced that, following all of that unanimous feedback, you would do absolutely nothing to alter GW any further.

More salt poured on the wound.

Introduction of Mods

INRAJ confirmed that the small amount of testing that was done generated feedback pretty much like the community gave you within hours of mods being released. A few days on, that feedback hasn't changed. Mods have more or less erased the advantage that your most dedicated players, your biggest supporters, spent months of time and money on. Team synergy, already fragile, is now pretty much meaningless. It's just a HP/protection and DPS race, a battle of extreme stats.

Once again, you received feedback, from your own QA team no less - and completely ignored it. Leading to...

Pre-Crafting 2.0

This is why we're here today, in this mess. This is the one you probably can't come back from.

As soon as INRAJ made his first post on mod changes, I called it (proof):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/548403/#Comment_548403

It's the 14th reply on the thread, "Don't create pre-crafting version 2". So with all of that feedback, with players abandoning the game left, right and centre, what did you do? You ignored all of that and "fixed" the ONE thing that NOBODY was complaining about. You made mods harder to get, and you made them more expensive to level up.

The icing on the cake, as if this wasn't enough, is the fact that the tiny, verging on insulting increase in GW rewards is dwarfed by the increase in mod levelling costs.

Is that not enough? Okay, throw in another stealth buff on raid tenacity, nullifying the benefits of the potency scanners you sold us for crystals.

This isn't just pouring salt on the wound, there is actually no metaphor that adequately sums up how ill-judged this decision was. I've never witnessed a company embracing self-destruction to this degree before.

New Problems with Mod Acquisition
    • Cantina energy is the slowest to regenerate and the most expensive to refresh
    • Farming mods makes farming cantina nodes for characters impossible, even though you MUST farm 3 character nodes for daily achievements
    • Getting a mod from 16 cantina energy is now a small percentage chance, down from 100% - a slap in the face
    • Getting a 5* mod, rather than a 4* or a 3* mod, is now an even smaller chance, again down from 100% - a second slap in the face

Here's the new "circle of life" you've created:
    • Many players who have reached the endgame and had available funds, myself included, have pre-crafted over 100 5* mods
    • Players who couldn't, due to levels or funds, cannot realistically catch up EVER - keep reading
    • A lack of mods leads to a lack of arena rank, which leads to a lack of crystals, which leads to a lack of cantina energy refreshing
    • A lack of mods also leads to a lack of ability to complete GW, so also a lack of credits which are needed to level and unslot mods

Sorry @EA_Jesse but you do NOT listen to feedback. Time and time again you do the complete opposite. If you do listen to feedback, and you do the opposite regardless, then we are wasting our time providing it.

In your defence, you mentioned buffing Anakin. Please, weigh that statement with the cases illustrated above. There is no comparison.

The biggest whale guild in the game, TI, is going F2P. Are you listening to them? My guild, just one among many, has lost over 10 players this week. Are you noticing or caring? How are chromium pack sales going, how many Codys are there around today?

If you're serious about clearing up these forums and getting the remaining players on-side, it starts with A: listening to feedback and then B: actually doing something positive with it.

Thanks for listening!

Slow clap! Standing ovation, shout it to the heavens! 100% on the head! Best post I have seen lately
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    The mod nerf was a welcome change. The biggest issue remains, however. Pre-crafting 2.0. Nothing has changed in this regard.

The mod drop rate needs increasing, tier 3 should drop 5* only and mods should be decoupled from cantina energy.

If this was done, I would consider spending again. This was a good first step, but only a first step.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    A million times this. I actually got so angry with the direction the devs are taking this game I uninstalled it. I'll come back if they fix it. They can have my money again if they fix it.

Somehow I doubt it.

I will still hope they listen.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @EA_Jesse

I think this very well-written and thoughtful post encapsulates what the majority of us are feeling -- alienated -- but more importantly, it succinctly outlines the order of events that lead this game to its current state of flux and explains clearly why the forums are in complete revolt.

This post should be printed out and circulated throughout your (EA's) offices, breakroom and anywhere else where your team might happen upon it.

There's a gaping chasm of lost faith between you and the community. People have been jerrked around, mislead and are rightfully angry.

The question that remains is, what are you going to do to help mend fences? Meager amounts of Crystals and Chewie shards aren't going to cut it.
    Palanthian wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse you want people to stop being negative on the forums and just provide constructive feedback. In order to get something, you have to give something.

You say you listen to feedback. Here's some feedback ON feedback being ignored.

Pre-Crafting 1.0

You were informed about the player gear imbalance caused by pre-crafting 1.0. After 2 months of doing nothing, saying nothing, your solution was to put raid gear in shipments. Not all the time, just for 2 weeks a piece in a clear move to force players to refresh using crystals. It was an opportunistic monetisation of your own blunder, it did nothing to solve the problem, it exacerbated it and made you more money in the process.

This is called pouring salt on the wound.

Galactic War Difficulty

You received months of feedback that GW was too difficult for most players and took too long to complete. Your response to that feedback was to make it EASIER - you listened!!! And then 2 weeks later you put the difficulty back in a stealth patch without even bothering to tell anyone. You allowed a 60 page mega-thread to accumulate and then announced that, following all of that unanimous feedback, you would do absolutely nothing to alter GW any further.

More salt poured on the wound.

Introduction of Mods

INRAJ confirmed that the small amount of testing that was done generated feedback pretty much like the community gave you within hours of mods being released. A few days on, that feedback hasn't changed. Mods have more or less erased the advantage that your most dedicated players, your biggest supporters, spent months of time and money on. Team synergy, already fragile, is now pretty much meaningless. It's just a HP/protection and DPS race, a battle of extreme stats.

Once again, you received feedback, from your own QA team no less - and completely ignored it. Leading to...

Pre-Crafting 2.0

This is why we're here today, in this mess. This is the one you probably can't come back from.

As soon as INRAJ made his first post on mod changes, I called it (proof):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/548403/#Comment_548403

It's the 14th reply on the thread, "Don't create pre-crafting version 2". So with all of that feedback, with players abandoning the game left, right and centre, what did you do? You ignored all of that and "fixed" the ONE thing that NOBODY was complaining about. You made mods harder to get, and you made them more expensive to level up.

The icing on the cake, as if this wasn't enough, is the fact that the tiny, verging on insulting increase in GW rewards is dwarfed by the increase in mod levelling costs.

Is that not enough? Okay, throw in another stealth buff on raid tenacity, nullifying the benefits of the potency scanners you sold us for crystals.

This isn't just pouring salt on the wound, there is actually no metaphor that adequately sums up how ill-judged this decision was. I've never witnessed a company embracing self-destruction to this degree before.

New Problems with Mod Acquisition
    • Cantina energy is the slowest to regenerate and the most expensive to refresh
    • Farming mods makes farming cantina nodes for characters impossible, even though you MUST farm 3 character nodes for daily achievements
    • Getting a mod from 16 cantina energy is now a small percentage chance, down from 100% - a slap in the face
    • Getting a 5* mod, rather than a 4* or a 3* mod, is now an even smaller chance, again down from 100% - a second slap in the face

Here's the new "circle of life" you've created:
    • Many players who have reached the endgame and had available funds, myself included, have pre-crafted over 100 5* mods
    • Players who couldn't, due to levels or funds, cannot realistically catch up EVER - keep reading
    • A lack of mods leads to a lack of arena rank, which leads to a lack of crystals, which leads to a lack of cantina energy refreshing
    • A lack of mods also leads to a lack of ability to complete GW, so also a lack of credits which are needed to level and unslot mods

Sorry @EA_Jesse but you do NOT listen to feedback. Time and time again you do the complete opposite. If you do listen to feedback, and you do the opposite regardless, then we are wasting our time providing it.

In your defence, you mentioned buffing Anakin. Please, weigh that statement with the cases illustrated above. There is no comparison.

The biggest whale guild in the game, TI, is going F2P. Are you listening to them? My guild, just one among many, has lost over 10 players this week. Are you noticing or caring? How are chromium pack sales going, how many Codys are there around today?

If you're serious about clearing up these forums and getting the remaining players on-side, it starts with A: listening to feedback and then B: actually doing something positive with it.

Thanks for listening!

Post edited by dough on