How can I improve my lineup?

Hey everyone, Im currently a lvl 46 FTP player running this team: Barriss Offee 4*, Captain Phasma 4*, Chewbacca 4*, Darth Sidious 4*, and Jedi Consular 4*. The other decent characters I have are, Jawa, 3*, Hoth Rebel Soldier 3*, Lobot 3*, and talia 3*.
how can I improve this team/who should I focus on ATM? have I done anything terrible?

Replies

• Just wanted to say I'm quite new here and have only been playing for a few weeks but am not a noob to building teams and strats. Just wanted to know your guys opinion on this team I'm considering running.

Phasma (L)
    Grand Moff tarkin
    Kylo
    FOTP
    Vadar

The whole point of the team is of course extreme attack based with the assisting but also taking advantage of debuffs with tarkin,phasma,ren, vadar.

But the big hitting point would be putting on a quick speed debuff/offense down with possible ren DOT then vadar come in with what should be an easy KO on any charterer with his move that does 30% extra for each debuff

• - The overall speed of the team is quite slow and won't stand much chance against the speedy, high dps teams prevalent nowadays
    - FOTP is the only true threat. Once he is neutralised, there isn't enough damage in your team
    - Tarkin and Vader are not farmable...
  • Im only lvl 53. And the above wouldn't be my main team just something to play test.

I will start building them up and see where it goes. But on paper it seeks good but how it will actually reflect is different
  • Ameloblaster
    0 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi all,

I'm 100% F2P, level 59, been playing since early December. I was curious about folks' suggestions for where I should head next.

I currently have in almost all purple gear:

7* Sid
    6* Luke (7 in a couple days)
    6* Lumi (7 in a couple days)
    5* Poe (6 soon)
    4* JC (0/65)
    4* Talia (0/65)

None of these are leveled high at all..

4* Dathcha
    3* Jawa
    3* Chewie
    3* Lobot
    3* Storm Trooper
    2* FO Storm
    2* Teebo
    1* FO Tie

I also have about 2k arena shipment and 2.9k purple shards (I've hit pretty high in the arena the last few days)

Basically, what might I go after with the arena shipments now, and what direction could I head for cantina and GW now that Luke and Lumi are reaching the end of the line?

Thanks so much for any feedback.

• Just ran into a tough one in GW. The team was: Old Ben (Leader), Kylo Ren, Lando, Ewok Elder, Darth Vader. After a few tries with different teams I was finally able to get past it.

Kylo, Lando and Vader all had AOEs, Old Ben would block my heals and high power attacks with his ability, and Ewok Elder could revive a fallen toon when needed. Not to mention the team set up a ton of debuffs for Vader's Culling Blade ability. The team seemed to handle itself pretty well for an AI controlled team as well.

Did I just overlook something, and this is an easily beatable team? Or does this team build seem pretty good? The team really wasn't that much higher of a level than myself either, I am lvl51, and each opponent character was only like 53.
  • IMO you don't need 2 healers, certainly for Squad Arena anyway. So I'd remove JC and farm somebody like Geo Soldier for more attack power.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just interested in who your best characters are if you've never spent money?

I've been playing for a couple of months, lvl60, and haven't unlocked a character for over a month. Obviously there are arena and gw shipments, but I've never been able to beat gw and only getting top 500 in arena, so its slow and I've just been upgrading my lumi and hk. Don't even mention cantina as i get about 1 shipment a week there.

I guess my point is I haven't got a decent shard drop from cards since the start if the game when i got my hk and boba, and i just can't compete anywhere any more.

My best guys are probably hk, boba, ig86, lumi, luke. I'm lost as to how so many people also around the 500 mark have rey, dukoo, high star lumi AND phasma, kylo... Etc. Surely not THAT many peoplle of chucking money about? Am i just tight with my money, or unlucky?

Popst sounds a bit whiny, wasnt the intention, just wanting to know which squads I'm seeing are f2p so i can start comparing myself just to them and maybe start feelking better :,)
  • @nighttiger1 , you basically have nothing. First, plan how to get at least 800 gw token and maintain 500 rank. Unlock lumi and

Sid, lumi, phasma, bariss, farm either gs or luke in cantina battle. I would suggest gs. Easy to upgrade and decent speed. This team can help gw and get you to top 200.

Since you have lobot, get droid team+poggle to replace your arena team. This team will allow you to snipe #1.

@ameloblaster ,you only need poggle.

@Algren , you must be in hard bracket. 60 for 2mth and never complete gw. Have you consider reroll? If not, go for droid team. Boba not helping unless you use him as leader. If so, why do you get hk first and not 88.

Or Build around luke. Boba, luke,lumi,poggle, 86(88 is better since none from arena shipment)

Use the crystal to refill cantina first. Balance crystal for mission strictly for gear except 5hard mode for daily.

• Thanks for the reply. Noot sure what you mean by reroll? I'm going for a droid team now actually, I've got my 86 up to lvll60 and I'm unlocking 88 now, i got hk in a card early on so I've been getting him to 7* which he now is.

I got owned in arena a couple of times yesterday by lukes, so I'm trying to upgrade his aoe that gives offence up so it dopes more damage and can actually kill someoone.
  • How is 86 compare to Geo?

Seems like both are hard hitters with decent health but 86 is more farmable?
  • Crap, just realised by luke I've been meaning anakin.

I've not bothered with geo because of 86s droid synergies, with 86 crit hit plus hk crit assist i can do 9k damage in one strike. And yeah 86 is loads easier because shards in gw.
  • Ameloblaster, congrats on being a good player that laughs at the whiners that are always crying around here about P2P.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    How is 86 compare to Geo?

Seems like both are hard hitters with decent health but 86 is more farmable?

86 is more farmable only if you don't go for Lumi/Phasma/Poggle. Otherwise they are similar. I play both. IG86 hits harder, but the cooldown reduction in GS assist ability and superior speed makes him better in any team that is not a pure droid team.
  • Hey Guys I am new ive played for 2 weeks now I am at LVL 45 here is my team...let me know if its ok and or what i can do to improve it
    thank you
    4*Chewey
    4* Darth Sidious
    4* Poggle the lesser
    3* Talia
    3* Plo Koon
    3* Jedi Consular
    3* Jawa
    2* Snowtrooper
    2* Royal Guard
    2* (soon to be 3*)Nightsister Acolyte
    2* Jedi Knight Guardian
    2* Greedo
    2* Geonosian Soldier
    1* Cruscant Underworld Police
    1* Clone Sergeant
  • Hey everyone, Im currently a lvl 46 FTP player running this team: Barriss Offee 4*, Captain Phasma 4*, Chewbacca 4*, Darth Sidious 4*, and Jedi Consular 4*. The other decent characters I have are, Jawa, 3*, Hoth Rebel Soldier 3*, Lobot 3*, and talia 3*.
    how can I improve this team/who should I focus on ATM? have I done anything terrible?

I was in a similar boat. I'd focus on Phasma & Sid & Luminara. Chewie you can gear up and go to 5* and then I'd stop using resources on him. I'd probably do about the same with the rest to help with GW. Give it some time and see who else you come up with and look for who interests you in cantina and GW shipments. In addition to those three, I focused on Poe and 5's. Next up is resistance pilot and a dark side damage dealer.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    - The overall speed of the team is quite slow and won't stand much chance against the speedy, high dps teams prevalent nowadays
    - FOTP is the only true threat. Once he is neutralised, there isn't enough damage in your team
    - Tarkin and Vader are not farmable...
    This mostly, if you aren't throwing a bunch of money to upgrade Tarkin, he is only viable as 4* and geared to about lvl 50. Then, he is too squishy and the AI takes him out before he gets a turn. He does good dmg, though and I can still use him in GW early. I have that problem with both him and a 1* FOTP I cannot farm shards for yet.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • WAXSLAW wrote: »
    Hey Guys I am new ive played for 2 weeks now I am at LVL 45 here is my team...let me know if its ok and or what i can do to improve it
    thank you
    4*Chewey
    4* Darth Sidious
    4* Poggle the lesser
    3* Talia
    3* Plo Koon
    3* Jedi Consular
    3* Jawa
    2* Snowtrooper
    2* Royal Guard
    2* Jedi Knight Guardian
    2* Greedo
    2* Geonosian Soldier
    1* Clone Sergeant
    Gear, use energy on gear and crystals on energy. Focus on Sid, Poggle, GeoSoldier. You are off to a good start.
  • Ello_Asty wrote: »
    WAXSLAW wrote: »
    Hey Guys I am new ive played for 2 weeks now I am at LVL 45 here is my team...let me know if its ok and or what i can do to improve it
    thank you
    4*Chewey
    4* Darth Sidious
    4* Poggle the lesser
    3* Talia
    3* Plo Koon
    3* Jedi Consular
    3* Jawa
    2* Snowtrooper
    2* Royal Guard
    2* Jedi Knight Guardian
    2* Greedo
    2* Geonosian Soldier
    1* Clone Sergeant
    Gear, use energy on gear and crystals on energy. Focus on Sid, Poggle, GeoSoldier. You are off to a good start.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
  • Hi all,

I'm 100% F2P, level 59, been playing since early December. I was curious about folks' suggestions for where I should head next.

I currently have in almost all purple gear:

7* Sid
    6* Luke (7 in a couple days)
    6* Lumi (7 in a couple days)
    5* Poe (6 soon)
    4* JC (0/65)
    4* Talia (0/65)

None of these are leveled high at all..

4* Dathcha
    3* Jawa
    3* Chewie
    3* Lobot
    3* Storm Trooper
    2* FO Storm
    2* Teebo
    1* FO Tie

I also have about 2k arena shipment and 2.9k purple shards (I've hit pretty high in the arena the last few days)

Basically, what might I go after with the arena shipments now, and what direction could I head for cantina and GW now that Luke and Lumi are reaching the end of the line?

Thanks so much for any feedback.

Geo Soldier in Cantina could be good. Can you farm Storm Trooper? His max gear max level stats are really good but I've not known anyone to work on him I guess because he's just a Storm Trooper. Well, he and Ewok Scout are top 10 attackers at max...
  • hey all...question.....Should i use my Squad Arena points to buy Savage Opress Shards ( enough to get him) or should i buy Darth Sidious Shards ( i already have him)? what is the best move get a new good character via shards or stack an already great character?