mamba
100 posts Member
To be in high ranking (top 10) arena?

Replies

• When you add a 7* FOTP and 7*Qui-Gon Jin
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nah...don't need Jinn or TIE. Poe is good at 4* and when you get his gear all filled up so he gains speed. Surround him with some combo of Sid / Poggle / 86 / 88 / GS (G.Soldier) and you'll "Poeverize" many teams :)
  • My experience with a 7* Poe.

He is a distraction at best. He might cost you one team member if your opponent has a couple of glass cannons but they tend to go down in round 2... Then they are down to 2 against your 3 or 4.

It's just cleanup after that.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    My experience with a 7* Poe.

He is a distraction at best. He might cost you one team member if your opponent has a couple of glass cannons but they tend to go down in round 2... Then they are down to 2 against your 3 or 4.

He's great to attack with though - but vs. the AI he can be beat. Have you faced Poe since he went g8 and picked up the additional speed to get in to the first turn? He's a bit of a different animal at that point.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    My experience with a 7* Poe.

He's great to attack with though - but vs. the AI he can be beat. Have you faced Poe since he went g8 and picked up the additional speed to get in to the first turn? He's a bit of a different animal at that point.

Yup.. Way faster.. And he's a difference maker
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    So have Poe at 5* and g7 - is there a tipping point for him when he becomes good/great?
  • 137 speed is good,.. But when Poe hits 143 speed, you just entered the real speed zone.. T7 heroes are important.. Go in guides section..read the Team Instinct Speed guide.. Then all should be clear for the level up to 70 meta
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    mamba wrote: »
    So have Poe at 5* and g7 - is there a tipping point for him when he becomes good/great?

The tipping point is the team mates.
    Poe is not a hammer, he's an arm. You use him to strike with your hammer. If your hammer is good, he is good too.

Poe has 2 main features (plus expose, which is Free damage).
    1) fast taunt, which help to protect your glass cannons from fast killers/stunners
    2) turn meter control, which help to be sure your whole squad go first.

So if you have Poe in a team with slow, tanky chars like Barris, he's not good. If you have hard-hitting squishy characters, he's awesome.

Let's say you have Phasma, Poe, Geo, Lumi and IG86. Your Poe go first. Taunts. Turn meter control, now your Lumi, GS and IG86 go before his fast chars. Your Lumi blocks his Lumi, and your GS-86 kill one of the squishies. Could be more than 1, if it's exposed. His turn, with maybe the other dps. Has to shoot your Poe, who might or might not die, not relevant. Your turn, use your Phasma to gain turn meter and move ahead of your oponent's Phasma, and kill her.

This is just an example. The point is: combate is not simultaneous. It's not that my Jedi and your Jedi are fighting and trading blows. One of them hit first, and thfn thd other answer back, if alive. That means hitting first, and more importante y, killing first, is key. Poe allows you to "Jump" in the initiative order. Then it's all about what you do with that. You need to kill people before they retaliate to make that "Jump" count.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

Poe is not a hammer, he's an arm. You use him to strike with your hammer. If your hammer is good, he is good too.

1) fast taunt, which help to protect your glass cannons from fast killers/stunners

So if you have Poe in a team with slow, tanky chars like Barris, he's not good. If you have hard-hitting squishy characters, he's awesome.

Let's say you have Phasma, Poe, Geo, Lumi and IG86. Your Poe go first. Taunts. Turn meter control, now your Lumi, GS and IG86 go before his fast chars. Your Lumi blocks his Lumi, and your GS-86 kill one of the squishies. Could be more than 1, if it's exposed. His turn, with maybe the other dps. Has to shoot your Poe, who might or might not die, not relevant. Your turn, use your Phasma to gain turn meter and move ahead of your oponent's Phasma, and kill her.

This is just an example. The point is: combate is not simultaneous. It's not that my Jedi and your Jedi are fighting and trading blows. One of them hit first, and thfn thd other answer back, if alive. That means hitting first, and more importante y, killing first, is key. Poe allows you to "Jump" in the initiative order. Then it's all about what you do with that. You need to kill people before they retaliate to make that "Jump" count.

Very helpful.

The team I'm planning to surround him with is:
    FOTP 6* G8 close to 7*
    Leia 6* G7
    Lumi 7* G7
    Sidious 7* G7 / Kylo 7* G7 / Gen Soldier 6* G7 / IG88 6* G7

Which would you suggest for the final spot?

Assuming because it's all about his specials having a 5* is ok to go into arena although the resists might get in the way
  • I am going to use him when I * up the FOTP. Right now I dont have enough damage to take advantage of his 2 turn taunt and he dies in roughly one turn anyway (gear VI 4*). If I had a super dmg carry like Leia or Maul he would be better.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

Very helpful.

The team I'm planning to surround him with is:
    FOTP 6* G8 close to 7*
    Leia 6* G7
    Lumi 7* G7
    Sidious 7* G7 / Kylo 7* G7 / Gen Soldier 6* G7 / IG88 6* G7

Which would you suggest for the final spot?

Assuming because it's all about his specials having a 5* is ok to go into arena although the resists might get in the way

I would use Geo in that spot. Assisting so early in team with 7* Leia and FOTP is awesome
  • Triqui wrote: »

This guy nailed it - it's the teammates that can deliver deadly blows after he fires the taunt. I actually think he's fine as soon as you unlock him at 3* and get his gear to 8 so he hits 143 speed. He will die quicker of course, but for the most part he's unloaded much of his value just by being fast and reducing meter with expose...the few shots he draws protects your cannons, but by that time after your team has gone the enemy should be in bad condition.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nah...don't need Jinn or TIE. Poe is good at 4* and when you get his gear all filled up so he gains speed. Surround him with some combo of Sid / Poggle / 86 / 88 / GS (G.Soldier) and you'll "Poeverize" many teams :)

I don't have Poe...not familiar with how to use him...but when I meet teams like johnnySteelAlpha mentioned above in the arena, they definitely seem to work against me....no doubt! Especially poggle and GS.