Ventress, Ackbar, or IG-88

l3end3r
895 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hey guys, I'll finish Sid tomorrow at 7*. I already have 4* Savage and 4* Ackbar finished prior to getting Sid...

Anyway, I think IG-88 is probably the strongest pick, but I doubt he will make my main team once it's finished.

Was thinking of farming Ackbar or Ventress as a counter-pick for some tough PVP matchups or taking IG-88 for a potential droid squad. What would you do and why?

edit* The team I'm slowly working towards is Luke (leader), Rey, Poe, Lumi, Poggle. I now have:

7* Sid
7* Lumi
7* JC
5* Poe
5* Luke
4* Poggle
Like 30 Rey shards lol
Post edited by l3end3r on

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    IG88 is the less droid-reliant of all droids. He pairs very well with Sid
  • Triqui wrote: »
    IG88 is the less droid-reliant of all droids. He pairs very well with Sid

It's true. 86 and 88 are great team members without a full droid squad. I use them and Poggle mixed and matched with my A-Team.
  • Akbar is a great character when he works correctly. Currently all of his special abilities have issues/they don't work right. I wouldn't invest in him until he is fixed.
  • Devour wrote: »
    Akbar is a great character when he works correctly. Currently all of his special abilities have issues/they don't work right. I wouldn't invest in him until he is fixed.

Yes I wish he could cleanse the heal block. I might finish him anyway, and just hope they fix him.

The team I'm going for is Luke (leader), Rey, Poe, Lumi and Poggle

Ackbar would be really good for Rey in certain matches
  • It does remove heal block, it just won't remove it most of the time. It has about a 15% success rate in my experience.
  • Devour wrote: »
    It does remove heal block, it just won't remove it most of the time. It has about a 15% success rate in my experience.

Lol well I've never had it proc before. I do hope they fix the bug in the next character patch.
  • I'd do IG88 if it was me. Ventress is also broken, I sadly got stuck with that. I'd avoid any broken character at this point, EA has known for over a month, nothings been done. Whoever has these characters will probably have to sideline them indefinitely,what a shame...
  • I would suggest IG-88 he is my next toon to farm unless they release a better version of him in the future :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I would suggest IG-88 he is my next toon to farm unless they release a better version of him in the future :).

Thx man. I do need a 5th Dark Side character so probably will go IG 88, unless I decide to finish savage. I have him at 4*

• l3end3r wrote: »
    I would suggest IG-88 he is my next toon to farm unless they release a better version of him in the future :).

Thx man. I do need a 5th Dark Side character so probably will go IG 88, unless I decide to finish savage. I have him at 4*

No problem good luck!.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • My Ig88 turns 6* tomorrow. He will be 7 in a week or such.
  • My Ig88 turns 6* tomorrow. He will be 7 in a week or such.

Nice man. He's working well for you? I can make a Sid, Poggle, Poe, Lumi and IG-88 team. All will be 7* by soon except IG-88
  • 88 will be really dangerous once he can actually dodge like the description says lmao. Mine will be 6* tomorrow too...just not bringing him to arena until I get my poe lvl 7 gear.
  • Ventress and Ackbar are worthless now because they are bugged.
  • Why not invest in han solo ?
  • IG88 is the strongest out of those imo, though you'll have to be patient as you'll need him at 6 or 7 stars in arena. He hits like a truck with Sid.

Instead ok Luke, and if Poe is in the mix, I would get IG 88. You'd soften the enemy and IG-88 is a great char longer term. So long as Poe is there he can do a mess. Later or you can combine with other glass canons, or 86.

• Why not invest in han solo ?

I thought about han, but went with Poe instead. I don't think I need a second taunt for a while.
  • Thundergod wrote: »
    IG88 is the strongest out of those imo, though you'll have to be patient as you'll need him at 6 or 7 stars in arena. He hits like a truck with Sid.

Yeah I have other 7* characters I can use in the interim. I'll grab my first IG-88 shards today. Again, he probably won't make the A team I'm trying to build, but will be a good addition for a "B" team in GW and arena.

Instead ok Luke, and if Poe is in the mix, I would get IG 88. You'd soften the enemy and IG-88 is a great char longer term. So long as Poe is there he can do a mess. Later or you can combine with other glass canons, or 86.

Makes sense. I think the Sid, Poggle, Lumi, Poe, IG-88 squad will work for a bit, although I'm building a different team for the long term.

I'll try him out :)
  • Ventress and Ackbar are worthless now because they are bugged.

Yeah, I guess I was hoping they would be fixed in the long term and could be a great "niche" pick for certain PVP/ Arena battles.

But I'm going with IG-88. Pretty sure he is the best pickup.