Old Daka feels like cancer

So I just experienced a pvp match where the enemy used Old Daka with of course Count Dooku and Barriss Offee. Let me tell you Old Daka with a high rank Insightful Blow is the most broken thing I have experienced. I can deal with most characters but she has the chance of double stunning my team every turn. Between her then her ugly revive and group heal I was wrecked. The stuns of dooku every turn? Come on now, who thought that was a good idea?

At max rank this is what you get- Insightful Blow – Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 45% chance to stun for 1 turn and a 40% chance to stun a random enemy for 1 turn.

Replies

• Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I was fighting against a team a couple days ago with Old Daka and Count Dooku. Dooku goes and stuns my Dooku+one other with his special. Daka later goes and stuns 2 more. I was toast.

That being said, the chances of that happening are really low. It was bad luck; it happens. Amusing anecdote, but honestly not a huge problem. They're both relatively squishy and don't have high single-attack damage for alpha-striking (unless you get lucky with Dooku's counterattacks and double attacks). Most of the time I just wreck them before they cause too much damage.
  • Alatar wrote: »
    I was fighting against a team a couple days ago with Old Daka and Count Dooku. Dooku goes and stuns my Dooku+one other with his special. Daka later goes and stuns 2 more. I was toast.

That being said, the chances of that happening are really low. It was bad luck; it happens. Amusing anecdote, but honestly not a huge problem. They're both relatively squishy and don't have high single-attack damage for alpha-striking (unless you get lucky with Dooku's counterattacks and double attacks). Most of the time I just wreck them before they cause too much damage.

I always make taking out Daka a priority. I wait until I can stun Doku with my Daka so that I can take him out with ease and avoid the counter attacks. They are squishy enough that you can usually focus fire and take one out before a healer can do anything about it.

• Davo
    121 posts Member
    funny, for me, daka always revives herself, barriss heals her to full health and ive wasted a lot of time and specials.
  • Davo wrote: »
    funny, for me, daka always revives herself, barriss heals her to full health and ive wasted a lot of time and specials.

I've seen that too. I love the fact that she can revive herself with that ability. I can't wait until I get her. Half way there!
  • It only gets worse if you don't take her out first. She'll revive the other characters you kill and keep stunning your characters. Sometimes on here it feels like people pretend that worst case scenarios are the norm.
  • It only gets worse if you don't take her out first. She'll revive the other characters you kill and keep stunning your characters. Sometimes on here it feels like people pretend that worst case scenarios are the norm.

Yeah. She has what, like a 10% chance to revive herself? I don't recall if that gets better as the ability ranks up.
  • Well heres the thing, I focused Daka first but the team he used was Daka/Dooku/Barriss/Chewbacca/Talia. I could't kill her bewtween the three group heals, and stuns, then when I came close there was chewbacca taunting me off of her. It was brutal, especially when we have a 5 minute time limit to a pvp match. They need to just get rid of that so these turtle defense teams stop.
  • I've run into that same team several times and it was only an issue once. Sure, random chances to stun will sometimes be a problem, but really it doesn't happen that much.

Also, I've never had an issue since I started playing with the 5 minute timer. Remember that later in the battle you can always turn on auto battle to make the animations much faster.
  • Yeah I'm kind of guilty of that. Knowing that you're opponent has to choose between trying to block Chewbacca and Barriss abilities makes it very challenging. The total damage overload that was posted earlier as a counter looks like fun but too expensive for me. I think he was running Boba, Lando, Barriss, Leia. Can't remember who the last one was but it wasn't a farmable squad.
  • Kind of going off a tangent here but semi related is Boba Fett's chance of self revival skill.

I think it's 10% chance to revive like Daka's but there was one time I was fighting in Galactic War and I kid you not, my Fett revived himself 4 times in a row! I couldn't believe the chances of that happening haha
  • Boba is 25%
  • oh wow lol, that revive would have been so annoying!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    The most hilarious thing about this post is if you read between the lines it's dooku combined with her that seems to be the problem... Oh and if you add Bariss to the mix.... Seriously, she is a very balanced toon but just add some dooku to that lmao
  • try adding aayala dooku and daka, stun galore, joys
  • One of the Ewoks not only heals, he can bring people back from the dead. He's so much fun to spring on people.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    One of the Ewoks not only heals, he can bring people back from the dead. He's so much fun to spring on people.

Stop, you will make me farm him. I recently hit a PvP team with him and was pretty amazed at how well he worked
  • I need to * him up. He's only at 2...
  • @Shizmoo wrote: »
    Why the hell is there a time limit on pvp anyway

I'm copy pasting a response from a developer over on the SW:GoH subreddit.

The problem is, we can't up the timer on PvP because of the rank swap system we're using. Right now, when you engage another player, both of your character records are locked--which means nobody can fight you. This is fine at anything below Rank 20, but once you start hitting Rank 20 or higher, it makes it extremely difficult to actually engage in a PvP battle.
    This is something we are aware of and are working on. In fact, one of my main priorities is to rethink how we handle PvP and what we do with it in the future. So trust me when I tell you, I got your back on this.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Slushie wrote: »
    @Shizmoo wrote: »
    Why the hell is there a time limit on pvp anyway

I'm copy pasting a response from a developer over on the SW:GoH subreddit.

The problem is, we can't up the timer on PvP because of the rank swap system we're using. Right now, when you engage another player, both of your character records are locked--which means nobody can fight you. This is fine at anything below Rank 20, but once you start hitting Rank 20 or higher, it makes it extremely difficult to actually engage in a PvP battle.
    This is something we are aware of and are working on. In fact, one of my main priorities is to rethink how we handle PvP and what we do with it in the future. So trust me when I tell you, I got your back on this.
    that's good to hear and I would have assumed as much.

I would personally like to see multiple pvp tables with different ranking systems. I like the current one, it's fun but I'm not concerned with getting #1 (although my team can beat anyones on the server atm, I'm happy to camp in top 10 rather than risk getting sniped out of the top 10 where rewards take a drastic drop), and it's no measure of the best player on the server by any means.

I think the craziness would also lesson from this table if there was another table more fair to rank on that had greater rewards and long term payout. It would take focus off the arena.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • After some of the servers even out, they'll probably add cross-server pvp
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    By the way, I'm looking forward to seeing a max star and fully geared team of: Luminara, Ewok Elder, Daka, Barriss, and Consular. Not sure if Luminara or Barriss leader abilities would suit better, probably Luminara I would say.

Every character with decent healing ability and 4 ways to revive fallen allies from 2 characters.

Revive with Ewok Elder and the speed up means they could use their heal next turn without being sniped.

I've been making sure I get my daily elder shards for the long term goal lol.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Lol @ removing my post when I didn't use a curse word.
  • Overzealous they are at protecting these forums. Once I put Dooku at 5*, I'll have the energy to increase the Elder. On a side note, does anyone know if Anakin is any good? Unless you get him from a pack, he's gonna take a month to farm.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Ive had old daka for about a week and she has revived herself only once lol. Also, i think her second stun is bugged because it only works half as often as it does on the primary target. Other then that between her and ventriss their stuns are about the only way i can beat most teams. The randomness in this game will always lead to the "broken" and "op" threads but the reality is that most people crying just found heros that occasionally are unstoppable when variance favors the other side more then theres. Yes dooku attacking 4 times in a row is broken. Yes old daka reviving herself and then reviving her allies is broken or stunning 2 heros. But when reality sets in you will realize that this is the exception, not the norm and that there are more powerful heros then these.
    Until people realize this, I will continue to invest in kleenex:)