Assaj Ventress

J7000
2059 posts Member
I have her at 4*. Is she good?

Replies

• I use her, but I feel like she's weak. I like her debuff to remove chewies taunt.
    Ally Code: 134-974-243
    Team: 4* Lando, 4* Barriss, 4* Asajj, 4* Maul, 3* Dooku
    Lvl 33
  • She's a bit underpowered really. Her dispel seems to only work half the time and her AOE hits like a wet noodle. I've been persisting with her but sorta wish I focused on Sidious instead.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Awe shucks, too bad too hear. Her dispel could come in handy in the future, I suppose
  • J7000 wrote: »
    I have her at 4*. Is she good?

I would rather have Tania
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    She is one of my focus characters atm because you can only star her from arena shipments and most people are going for the obvious there. She is my dark horse and time will tell if it pays off. So by the time I have her 7★ it will take others a long time to catch up if it pays off which I think it will.

Her healing is currently bugged and heals every ally and I have already found out she removes 2 buffs per character at level 4 Strike Fear. Although there are debug removal bugs currently she will still heal from them. I expect these glitches to be fixed at some point where she will be much stronger. Still already good.

Not often the enemy team will have 2 buffs on each character, but if they do she can theoretically heal 50% HP of every ally. More often than not at least one enemy resists the ability anyway.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Also her AOE damage levels up much better later and with her offense up on enemy downs and no cooldown on KO she will become a must for every AOE team. She will make the first KO and offense up and turn meter up with no cooldown to begin KOing the rest of the enemy team.
  • I can't get mine to gear 5 for the offence buff on death thing. Need the mats that drop from light 5d but can't beat it reliably.I feel she might get better then. Mines still at 3 but working on getting Sid instead atm.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    I currently have her at level 44, 4★with 15 shards till 5★ which I'll be able to promote her tomorrow.
    Gear level VI last two items need level 45 then 51
    Ability levels at 2 for all except Strike Fear (debuf/heal), and Endless Wrath (AOE) which are both on 3.
  • Finally 3*d light 5d so I could sim for the part I needed. All it took was me to put Luminara as Leader instead of the walking carpet. Now I can see what Ventress is like with the offence up buff.
  • I have her at level 60 3* and I'm trying for 4 before next week. Her AoE, just like Tarkins, hits like a tank when she's near the top.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    She's in my PvP team and in addition to all the above, makes a major difference against teams with Chewie in them.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Would also like to mention she won't truly shine till you put her in a Nightsister group who can take advantage of her rediculosly good leadership skill. Now how effective that team will be who knows but they will hit hard and very often.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Better to use Ahsoka as night sister team leader imo. Can also add Barriss to tank and heal.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Level 4 Rampage adds defense penetration up for one turn as well.
  • I've started to use her in galactic wars as it's the only place I seem to encounter Chewey nowadays. Her dispell on his taunt is handy as saves a minute or two as lets me take out another healer instead and avoid a couple of annoying extra heals. Other than this, I found her annoying. She's definatly bugged and nothing worse than clicking auto for the last couple of characters, forgetting shes on the team and watching her try and dispell nothing for 0 damage or heals.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    Would also like to mention she won't truly shine till you put her in a Nightsister group who can take advantage of her rediculosly good leadership skill. Now how effective that team will be who knows but they will hit hard and very often.

Encountered it, didn't even register it was a Nighsister team until half way through destroying them. A high counter jedi team / crit droid team hits harder.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Keaven wrote: »

Thanks for this. It's so hard to know where to spend ability mats until people are able to compile upgrade tables.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Keaven wrote: »

Thanks for this. It's so hard to know where to spend ability mats until people are able to compile upgrade tables.
    You're welcome. Also check out: http://www.swgohcantina.com/hero-stats/
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    data90x wrote: »
    I've started to use her in galactic wars as it's the only place I seem to encounter Chewey nowadays. Her dispell on his taunt is handy as saves a minute or two as lets me take out another healer instead and avoid a couple of annoying extra heals. Other than this, I found her annoying. She's definatly bugged and nothing worse than clicking auto for the last couple of characters, forgetting shes on the team and watching her try and dispell nothing for 0 damage or heals.
    If you are only using Asajj for removing taunt in GW why don't you just retreat after he uses it instead?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I just noticed that SWGOHCantina is now starting to add that per-level ability info. Very useful.
    I use Asajj all the time because she hits hard, has a rechargeable AoE, and stuns. Also, abilities don't cool down when a character is pulled.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I just noticed that SWGOHCantina is now starting to add that per-level ability info. Very useful.
    I use Asajj all the time because she hits hard, has a rechargeable AoE, and stuns. Also, abilities don't cool down when a character is pulled.

Yup, so when they taunt you, you retreat and taunt is burned.
  • Im using Ventress and wasnt impressed at first but then I figured out how to use her and its great. Shes not that strong right at the beginning of a round, but when people start dying, her rampage kicks in and gives her a huge boost to speed and offense. Then you use her AOE and she annihilates the opposition. If someone else dies, her AOE instantly resets and her rampage kicks in again letting her go again quickly.
  • It's a shame that if she has Rampage, and gets the killing blow, it doesn't reapply. Well, the icon vanishes anyway.
  • It's a shame that if she has Rampage, and gets the killing blow, it doesn't reapply. Well, the icon vanishes anyway.

Yeah hopefully they fix this. As well as her dispel getting resisted so bloody often.

• I like her and I use her (at least until I get dooku in the future), but I've only seen her dispel work with chewie's taunt, and very rarely.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    As soon as ventriss becomes farmable (and bug fixed) i will be very happy. She hits hard, has a stun and can dispel taunt (and hopefully everything). The aoe and heal also have some potential. The biggest drawback (other then not farmable) is her speed, although that is partially negated by rampage.
  • I borrowed her. Didn't like her. I focused on savage. It payed off. Leveling up his skills he gets awesome. He's like more of a tank than Chewie and hits a lot harder. Got a lot of armor resistance. Still putting in for him to star him up. Wish you could gain arena tokens faster. Go for savage he rocks. Hits hard and absorbs damage
  • Mine is at 4* lvl 48 with almost full (5/6) lvl 6 gear. I like her combat animation and was really trying to make her useful. I pushed her skills (beside leadership) to lvl 4. Her basic attack is lets say good, decent damage with 35%stun probabilty. Rampage is nice in theory, but even with offense up and armor penetration damage is much lower compared to Luminara 3*.

The biggest issue in my opinion is her debuff removal skill. This skill works only to remove Taunts. This was kinda useful skill in early stage when facing Chewbacca teams, but now i find it completely useless. I do hope devs will tweek this one and it will work in the future.

I still use her in pve since it will take some time to get better replacement. In Pvp i ruled her out.

Until her debuff skill gets tweaked i move her to my B side team.

Overall I rate her a Good character that may have use in dark campaigns and use when facing tank squads with taunt skills.

Positive: Taunt removal, 35% stun on basic attack
    Negative: average health, average attack, average aoe, doesnt remove other positive buffs
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Ventress is already farmable -- Arena shipments.
    Yes her debuff is bugged but I have seen it work on HP max boosts and also on stealth.
    Her stun is invaluable, in addition to the other things she can do. I like her and will work on her when I am done with Sideous.
  • She's probably my strongest character. I don't have the same debuff issues that others are discussing - she'll take armor, taunt, offense up, etc. And when she has high skills (I have her at 5*, Lvl 6 gear, Power around 29xx), her AoE will do over 1k of damage to each opponent toon - tough to find 6k in total damage in first turn attacks anywhere else at my level.
    "....a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennium Falcon. You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration."

Ally Code 889-785-821