GAME UPDATE - 1/14/2016

Replies

• hallower
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The change to Retreat wasn't totally unexpected, even though I didn't read about it. It disrupted my usual strategy in Galactic War, but the new strategic options are fun too. I discovered the hard way that Darth Sidious selected his opening move against me based on who I brought and how much health they started with.

I hope y'all eventually port this game to Win10 so I can play it on my Xbox One (perhaps even without energy restrictions if played in an offline-only mode).
  • I have spent over $250 USD on this game. The galactic wars update is cancer. Revert it or I'll quit and Revert give a poor rating to all star wars games, and I will post on countless blogs for people to do the same. Pathetic update. Don't kill the game before it even lives...
  • Add me to the list of those not happy with the GW update. The old way was better because you get to use all your characters -- even the weak ones. You can scratch out a few more battle wins by swapping around the characters, sacrificing them or managing their cool downs. Now, you have no chance of winning the last few battles unless you have a mega-strong lineup of your own. Very frustrating for those still in the 45+/3-star range.
  • My update is not working. I may have missed an explanation so please forgive me. I recieved confirmation of the update and checked to no avail.
  • I'm a fairly new player but I have to say I quite like the new retreat function. Although both ways kind of feel like cheating, this new way feels less like cheating than the old. But that's just me. I just learned a few days ago that there is a retreat function at all, so I hadn't invested any time in that function.
    If anything, I would say the new way actually is easier. I never cleared GW before, but did yesterday after the update (without losing a single character I might add) :)
    If someone dies (for instance my Luminara) just start over and change up some things and get another outcome!
  • Solid update. Excited taking Sideous and Poe to gear 8! Have to say to developers you made a good move with the GW. Been hitting rank 1-10 ftp every day. Played since hard launch. GW is actually easier to complete now. It allows you multiple attempts at getting past a team with the best possible outcome. I found that retreating in the past while beneficial also came at a cost sometimes with the attrition factor. For all the complainers try throwing in a few low leveled characters first round draw all the high dmg specials out of the way and let your whole team die. Then come in with crew A and mop floor. If you play smart and adjust to changes you won't feel like your life is ruined over one little change.
  • Being fairly newish to the game, the GW update was initially annoying (F2P player), but now it does make some sense to me - More strategy required and if it doesn't work out then I retreat and get to rethink my approach and try again without losing any heroes. I'm only level 49 with only one 5* hero (level VI gear) and I have completed GW a few times or at least gotten quite far('ish')....(probably doesn't mean much to the more experienced players...but I'm definitely having fun either way).

On the downside, the game does seem more sluggish after the update :-/

:-)
  • Num1Dago wrote: »
    Thanks for ruining GW which was the only fun part of this game for me.
    Num1Dago wrote: »

EA READ THIS MESSAGES AND BRING BACK GALAXY WORLD HOW WAS FIRST THE UPGRADE.
    I WANT MY OLD GALAXY WORLD ****

I WANT MY OLD GALAXY WORLD **

I WANT MY OLD GALAXY WORLD ****
  • world
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    LegoLegs_ wrote: »
    Being fairly newish to the game, the GW update was initially annoying (F2P player), but now it does make some sense to me - More strategy required and if it doesn't work out then I retreat and get to rethink my approach and try again without losing any heroes. I'm only level 49 with only one 5* hero (level VI gear) and I have completed GW a few times or at least gotten quite far('ish')....(probably doesn't mean much to the more experienced players...but I'm definitely having fun either way).

On the downside, the game does seem more sluggish after the update :-/

:-)

I'm sorry but you are an ****.

Now if you want to win GW, you must spend a lot of money $€£. You must have kylo ren or barriss offee in your team, or you will lose.
    There is not a strategy now but only the money.
    I hope ea fails.
    And now banned me
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    RonTom wrote: »
    I don't think GW became harder with the change (unless you were using both force close and retreat) but it does take longer and I have to retry several battles loads of times.

Yeah, that's right. First I was complaining too, but yesterday was the first time I was able to finish GW at maxlevel. (With my main team and 2 other toons, not with 12 equipped toons or more).

Before the update I didn't even know about the force-quitting "feature" :D

Now I know about it, I would hate to force-quit the "old way", because it would be pretty annoying to restart the app all the time.

So I don't think GW is dead anymore, actually it's not that bad. But only because I didn't use both "strategies". And as long as I don't think about all the points and ability materials I missed. :D
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    world wrote: »

I'm sorry but you are an ****.

Now if you want to win GW, you must spend a lot of money $€£. You must have kylo ren or barriss offee in your team, or you will lose.
    There is not a strategy now but only the money.
    I hope ea fails.
    And now banned me

Stop crying and spamming, kiddo.
    Kylo Ren isn't that good. I don't have Bassis and I'm F2P and I can complete GW too.
    It's absolutely not about money.

So stop acting like you're **** and use your brain instead...
    Post edited by Fatzke on
  • world
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Fatzke wrote: »
    world wrote: »

Stop crying and spamming, kiddo.
    Kylo Ren isn't that good. I don't have Bassis and I'm F2P and I can complete GW too.
    It's absolutely not about money.

So stip acting like you're **** and use your brain instead...

When I am fighting vs kylo ren or rey and other skin premium I always lose. Kylo gives me 4500 of damage.
    First the upgrade I won replacing my team with other guys.
    Now I cant win no one gw.
    Im level 58 with luminara, sydious,chewbacca,pashma
  • Actually I've had few problems with the latest GW update. The only thing I miss is being able to send in a "Breaker Team"/Suicide Squad on the last couple of battles. The new update forces us to be a shade more tactical, so honestly I don't mind. Might need to start developing a wider squad though, which honestly sounds like fun.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So I will add my bit too... I see one main difference from the old way (aside from buff/debuff cleansing and turn meter shenanigans, which, honestly, was never an intended use): Now, I have to sacrifice the whole team B to take out the biggest threat if I run into a strong opponent, instead of just few characters. So, more characters at decent level are needed, which certainly is supposed to bring in more cash but is doable as f2p too. I personally am able to finish GW most of the times, and I am fine with it. After all, it would be boring if it was a guaranteed everyday win... But I am not the top level yet, so that experience may be different.
  • changing the way retreating works was not called for. Letting it works just like force quit do.... uppdate should usally means improving stuff, not decreasing it..

My skills doing GW is proberly not the best. but the opposition i meet was usally 3-10 lvl above my highest charecter lvl and i was struggling. now that i can not use retreat the same way but still meets same players and even harder ones, i end up maybe doing 2-3 chest if i am luckey. Not an good improvement for the game.

unfortunally the way the game is "improving" makes me loose interest in it. good call
  • Lots of complaining about GW. I guess a lot of people want the easy way out instead of finding out what works and what doesn't. Learn do adjust your strategy. It's frustrating, but more rewarding. The GW before the update was way too easy that it didn't really live up to it's description about being a war of attrition. I like this one better.
  • Gw aint that bad, it pays out a shard on the penultimate battle and what seems to be more prizes, one thing I have noticed that is different and very annoying is,

When trying to complete gw and you are left with a bunch of lower level toons lvl 35-45 in my case and I throw my best teamS of 5 at the AI to try and knock an ai toon or 2 out if i am lucky!

You have no chance, because the ai all have full turn meters and just whack the crap out of you before you get a chance, and this is NOT random this is everytime. AI get first crack every team member everytime. This does not seem correct to me.
  • So as someone who initially struggled with GW when leveling (and had no idea about retreat) I started winning them daily once I hit 60 (I'm 100% ftp at this time). Retreat was really a loophole with buff/debuff reset. I only every used force-close to play around with synergies right before I already won that battle (I reset and try new squads for fun). Once update went up and I saw complaints about GW I was concerned.
    However, now it's taking me less time to finish it. I use a stunner team, and last night I finished with the original team without any subs. New retreat benefits stun teams because if your stun doesn't land you repeat until it does.

For the record - I don't think its as fun as old retreat was, I would have preferred the old way kept, with the buff/debuff removal eliminated. And EA should have added an extra bonus on last reward if no retreats were used. But, I think its much easier now, and is taking me less time.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318

• Constant resets for optimal rng takes less time than the previously retreat? I dunno maybe you just got some lower difficulty? I mean previously I retreated once on the last 6 battles each (sometimes none and occasionally twice) to clear whatever inconvenient buffs/debuffs were up (usually healing debuff/poggle/taunts/oldben/leia/phasma) and that was it...

Without restarting a single time my GW still takes me longer now than it previously did (as I actually need to deal with them instead of a 5 second out and back in) and every restart for better rng takes even longer (because I can lose fights now, some of those inconvenient buffs are super inconvenient when you have to actually deal with them). So I don't know what super long winded retreat tactics you were doing, but frankly if you find it easier now you were likely wasting your time retreating too much unnecessarily in the first place. Because there should be no way that restarting from a save point over and over is quicker than completely disabling half the people you may fight against making them take MUCH less time to deal with and not making you go back in time at all.

I am f2p btw, have nothing that I paid money for.

Lianara wrote: »
    So as someone who initially struggled with GW when leveeing (and had no idea about retreat) I started winning them daily once I hit 60 (I'm 100% ftp at this time). Retreat was really a loophole with buff/debuff reset. I only every used force-close to play around with synergies right before I already won that battle (I reset and try new squads for fun). Once update went up and I saw complaints about GW I was concerned.
    However, now it's taking me less time to finish it. I use a stunner team, and last night I finished with the original team without any subs. New retreat benefits stun teams because if your stun doesn't land you repeat until it does.

For the record - I don't think its as fun as old retreat was, I would have preferred the old way kept, with the buff/debuff removal eliminated. And EA should have added an extra bonus on last reward if no retreats were used. But, I think its much easier now, and is taking me less time.

• I've beat Galactic War 17 times since I've unlocked it, with only a few losses. Post update it is just as easy. I don't even use all of my characters. Quit complaining and learn how to win.
  • I love the new GW, in the past i neve have finish. But now I have finish every GW. Thank you. Dont listen to the cry babys here. Also I would love some character Bunddles. It does not have to be new character, I want to open my wallet but there is no more bunddle to buy.Sorry for my english.
  • GavonMothma
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for fixing the roman numerals on the syringes and the holo lens. However, the Chiewab HypoSyringe (Mk4) still has the wrong icon. It has a SoroSuub Keyboard icon and gets a little confusing when looking for the Syringe icon. The same problem exists for both the Prototype and the Prototype Salvage. The icon for the Syringe Mk 4 itself is correct as are all the others.
  • I love this game and have much time into it I'm going to try to hit lol 70, but you guys need to add ability for cross platform saves, there's plenty of people and I know I'm not the only one in th world, who has an android smartphone and an iPad and to not be able to continue game from one to the other is utterly annoying. I also know there people that move from one to the other and they're in the same boat. Please respond and let us players know. Thanks.
  • GavonMothma
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I thought that the bug which allows Barriss Offee to ignore healing immunity was supposed to have been fixed. Can't express how many battles and galactic wars would have had a different outcome. This is crazy to not be able to use abilities because they mean nothing when an opponent has her.
  • Call me an **** but how and where do you find/employ the retreat function.
  • I hated the update at first because i thought i wouldnt be able to finish GW, but i have finished with only losing 2-4 or so. I am f2p and level 60 so you guys just need to learn how to play it better. I use lumi as leader because everyone is slightly healed every turn which adds up and also her evasion up for others can help dodge a fatal blow
  • Thing is, and I hope this is taken on the spirit this post is made.

I've been playing this game for a Lil over a month now. And it seems developement direction is just plain wrong. Every single change seems to widen the gap amidst new and old players.

Shards and equip drops are rarer, making energy more expensive, even plain buy outs are more expensive. The most farmable chars come from competitive play, wich has always become harder for new players, of which derives the furdenning gap amidst new players and older ones.

If you are starting now, there wont be competition. The guys on top had better drops, easier farms and cheaper buys to get there. While they are there, they will have more shards, more equipment improvement and more money than you. That gap is not ever going to be bridged given current development bystands. Any new player will just be trololol meat to older ones.

This does not build a healthy game environment.

At the same time I get trampled by older players, I trample new ones in a way that is just not right. A learning/competing curve is OK, but a ever deepning gap is just wrong.

What might make this game last a long time is a healthy influx of new players, not the landslide of old ones.

Make force quit functional as old retreat, not the other way around. This way now, you carry your results, but the oponent doesnt, unless you sacrifice a whole team. Wich obviously benefits whom have had time to up several characters.

Tactical and cheer knowledge should be enough to make old players thrive, this is not healthy competition as is.
  • At some point I had two accounts with around 10 levels difference between them and at some point my lower account had to face full level 60 purple team and got decimated with 3 nodes left ..at this time that account was level 54 and it happen a few times , that's why l left that account ...so before you think that everyone's a whiner know this ....some have harder server or fight than others. We are not all on the same server !
This discussion has been closed.