What are Galaxy Rewards?

I have been looking all over teh forums and other guide sites and cant find a list of things you can get from galactic conquest. All I hear is to get Lumi, and no one mentions any other rewards, I currently have Barris, ahsija tano and almost have Daka and dont feel I really need Lumi as another healer. Could someone list the other reward possibilities or link somewhere else that has them please?

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    Tusken raider
    Poggle the lesser
    Biggs Darkligher
    Nightsister Initiate
    Resistence Pilot
    Dathcha
    IG-86
    Luminara Unduli
    Teebo

Five shards of each of the above for 400 galactic war tokens
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Akster wrote: »
    I have been looking all over teh forums and other guide sites and cant find a list of things you can get from galactic conquest. All I hear is to get Lumi, and no one mentions any other rewards, I currently have Barris, ahsija tano and almost have Daka and dont feel I really need Lumi as another healer. Could someone list the other reward possibilities or link somewhere else that has them please?
    Bear in mind that Luminara is a MUCH better character than the Consular. She has better utility and does far more damage. She's also, as a GW character, the easiest to star up in the game.
    She's less important when you have Barriss, but I have Barriss and Luminara will be better than her soon because I can't level Barriss up where I can get 10-15 shards for Luminara every day.
    Of the others, none really impresses me much, though I admittedly don't have a lot of experience with them. Frankly I am going to keep getting Luminara shards until she is maxed, she will probably be the only char on my team over 4* for months, lol.
    PS Having another healer also helps a lot, guess where? Right, Galactic War. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I am one of the rare few that never bothered with consulr shard farming. When it comes to barriss over luminara i would take a 4star barris over even a 6/7 star lumi largely because Barris has insane HP. Her hp is insane. You cant just burst her dowen as easily as lumi, as to which ones heal is better id go with barris. They are there to stay alive and heal, everyone else can output the mazing dps. And when i have daka (should have her in a week) i think I have decent heals and need to have tanky heroes in my opinion and not ones that can be burst down.

Unfortunately, I dont wnt any of the other heroes exdcept for the nightsister to make a silly full nightsister team(not competitive at all but ah well, not like there are many other options). Teebo could be awesome if they release characters with better stealth synergy I guess.

A little dissapointed in the rewards since al the other ploaces have 2 or more characters i want to work towards eventually :(
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Akster wrote: »
    I am one of the rare few that never bothered with consulr shard farming. When it comes to barriss over luminara i would take a 4star barris over even a 6/7 star lumi largely because Barris has insane HP. Her hp is insane. You cant just burst her dowen as easily as lumi, as to which ones heal is better id go with barris. They are there to stay alive and heal, everyone else can output the mazing dps. And when i have daka (should have her in a week) i think I have decent heals and need to have tanky heroes in my opinion and not ones that can be burst down.
    They are both good characters. But you're missing a couple of things in this comparison.
    1. I just got Luminara the other day, 3* at first unlock. I will already have enough shards to 4* her by tomorrow probably. She'll be 5* by the end of the week, 6* a week or so after that, and 7* by the end of the year. At that point she will probably have about as much HP as a 4* Barriss (I am not sure).
    2. She has a very useful special that blocks special abilities. Being able to use this has changed my gameplay by, for example, blocking chars with big AoE or blocking healers (like Barriss) so I can focus down an opponent.
    3. She hits hard. Harder than I expected. Even at 3* she hits far harder than Barris does, must do about 50% more damage. I've hit crits over 2k with her special, which shocked me (though I think I had a borrowed character with a crit boost, even still, 1.5k is typical and she is only level 44 and 3*).
    4. Barriss has a heal on a 5-turn cooldown... and basically nothing else. She is useful as a player, but the AI rarely uses her well. If you burst someone down she will pop her heal and then she basically becomes a non-factor that can be ignored. You don't burst her down, you leave her until the end, bursting down everyone else. At the end when she's the only one left she's easily killed.
    I don't regret getting Barriss but I can already see that Luminara will completely outshine her.
    That said, of course it is your choice what to do with your tokens. Another option is to save them in the hopes that something new and cool will come out and be added to the list in the future, though the annoying limit on how fast you can spend them would then come into play.
  • Hmm 5 turns cooldown is pretty bad. Curious as to what the hp difference would be if you 7star lumi, i know that 7* lumi is 9297 hp maxed and 7* maxed bariss is 16245 if this site is to be believed http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/ . If they do change the rewards i expect they will give us some warning before doing so, and since lumi is the only decent lookign character I may as well grab her and see if I can actually fit her in. Im sure at the very least daka will likely replace her if I can get dakas star level high enough eventually.

Shame there are not many options. Should hit 40 tomorrow, will see how I fare in galactic conquest.
  • Another factor i forgot to mention is that Barris has the best Leader ability for a very strong defensive team, second only to Ima-Gun Di at the moment but as im only going to get him from farming missions I havent even unlocked yet he is very, very far away for me to aquire :(
  • Lookign more closely at their abilities, barris attack has a decent chance of restoring hp to her allies through basic attacks, both characters heal cooldowns are the same, her heal is just so much more powerful too, and her leader and unique ability are devastating in a jedi team.

I think Barris is better even with a star difference if your entire team are tanky jedi especially ones with self heal. Thankfully with Lumi being a jedi herself I may just ditch my focus on Daka and build a ridiculous jedi team, shame the really good ones seem to be in chrono packs.
  • Barriss is trash :p

I'd pick Luminara over her any day.

@Qeltar already pointed out the difference points between the two.

Another thing to keep in mind is, it will take you much longer to get Barriss up to 7* than Luminara unless you're willing to dump a LOT of cash into the game.

Barriss may have more HP than Lumi but Lumi brings more to the table than Barriss.

Barriss offers HP and a solid heal. Does next to nothing in damage.
    Luminara does solid damage, can ability block, and has a decent heal.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think they both can compliment each other on a team. I find it hard to say that 17.5% max hp to all allies is trash. According to swgcantina her leader ability also heals all jedi allies for 6% of her max health, the wording is not very specific but if thats 6% healed every time its her turn that is incredible. Her swift recovery will get a lot of use in the current meta with sideous aoe dot being a staple in every team, it will surely proc on at least one or two allies each turn, also increasing her turn metre.

I don't know that much about top tier pvp fights, but I don't think an enemy team can just burst down a character full defensive jedi team with self heals, group heals, ability blocks, debuff cleansing etc.

Maybe she just seems terrible in the pvp meta because everyone is relying on teams based around sid who doe snot benefit from her ridiculous team buffs and can be burst down easier.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    They do compliment each other on a team. As they do on mine now. Luminara didn't replace Barriss, she replaced the Consular, whom she simply outshines in most respects. The Consular is not hard to level up either but Luminara is simply better. And she's IMO head and shoulders above the other war token options right now.
    As for Sid, he's another reason why Luminara is valuable. When I play against a team with Sid, he gets one Dooku lightning blast and one Luminara ability block blast. At that point he's unable to AoE and close to death.
  • They need to open the six slot for PVP, lol.
This discussion has been closed.