Spenders vs Free to Play

13Next

Replies

• Hopefully EA will realize how sad it is for the F2P player not to be able to play his probably favorite characters because he is chromium only which will eventually lead him to leave the game.

I mean aside from the only competitive players that only play games to be the best, some of us actually would like to have some fun spending our precious undervalued time farming that Darth Maul or hopefully incoming ''aquirable'' Yoda ^^ only to synergize them with other of our wide and expanding rooster.

That's what I had a feeling the game would be the first couple of days, and I don't think any mobile game can reach it's full potential &devotion from it's playerbase by locking away some of the very highly anticipated content and reserve it to P2P players as they are only part of the 1-2% of the playerbase and the other 98-99% will eventually leave out of boredom/frustration of not being able to fully enjoy the whole content of the game and even if they dare spend a couple dollars to aquire such heroes or villains have them sit at level 1 because of their uselessness at 2/3/4*'s.

What I'm trying to say here is it needs to become more player-friendly as the other highly played mobile games like the other 2 marvel games who even make more daily money then Star Wars probably ever will if things don't take a left turn eventually.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    FLIK87 wrote: »
    There's always a bigger fish. And there are massively diminishing returns to spending more and more. I shudder to think how many crystals are wasted by players trying to unlock a 7 star leia when they receive crystals for characters they already have.

Ultimately skill and time invested will be the leveller as given enough of both you can unlock your own 7 star leia through bronzium and crystals you earn in game.

There is also in game luck and plenty of strategy to work with in order to gain a competitive edge.

This game would not exist unless people paid money to get ahead. People will naturally find their level in terms of willingness to spend money on a form of entertainment. If you spend 1000 to get ahead of everyone who spends less then you also have to expect to be behind those spending more.

If that doesn't float your boat, don't try to compete at the top.
    People, if the truth hurts you, wait a few weeks.hopefully, the gap won't be so wide between p2p and f2p, you end up quitting. Expect hard times ahead, if you're f2p for a while.
  • Triqui wrote: »

Some people spend more than that to refill the gasoline of their Ferraris, or pay 200$ for a bottle of wine when they to out to have dinner. Some people have more money than others, and they spend it on things they like

My thoughts exactly, but it's astounding to witness this happening. Really a spectacle if you will.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Hopefully EA will realize how sad it is for the F2P player not to be able to play his probably favorite characters because he is chromium only which will eventually lead him to leave the game.
    Unless you can think about a marketing plan that make a big share of those f2p players to spend some in the game, there is very little profit for EA in making them happy.
    I mean aside from the only competitive players that only play games to be the best, some of us actually would like to have some fun spending our precious undervalued time farming that Darth Maul or hopefully incoming ''aquirable'' Yoda ^^ only to synergize them with other of our wide and expanding rooster.
    That's fine. How does EA profit of your time spent farming their Darth Maul? Because making you happy doesn't increase their revenue or their stock market.

What I mean is: if you suggest a way where you get happy, and EA gets richer, that's a sound idea. Dome have suggested more char bundles at low prices to sell in mass, Dooku style. That idea has some merit, even if it also has some side effects.

If your suggestion is just that they make you happier, just for the sake of it, that's not going to happen. In a fremium model, you give the Free2play players just enough for the game to be interesting, grow the community, and maybe pique their interest and "force" them to spend money. EA is a capitalist company, not a non-profit organization made to make people happy. It's not Videogames Without Borders.

• **** is the point of this thread?
  • The point was, there needs to be a balance. People keep thinking F2P players want everything free, they don't. What they want are reasonable prices, not $1,000 to farm a character...