Phasma as Leader - Which do you fire first

I'm looking at building a counter / multi-attack team with:

Phasma (L)
CT-5555
Kylo
Dooku
Luminara/Sid/FOST (I know he's kind of a weak hitter, but tanky with a 55% counter chance + Speed down and good synergy with my team)...

Anyway, when Phasma gets her first turn, am I better off firing Fusillade 1st (for speed down) or March of Victory 1st (for advantage and + turn meter)?

Replies

• It really depends on the makeup of the team you are shooting at.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    It really depends on the makeup of the team you are shooting at.

Expand on this please. Would like to hear about your experiences and how you play it. Thank you
  • Llewella wrote: »
    BentWookie wrote: »

Expand on this please. Would like to hear about your experiences and how you play it. Thank you

Fusillade first. Then March. Fusillade utility is meant to slow down, not generate damage
  • Thanks
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    alkaiser93 wrote: »
    Llewella wrote: »

Fusillade first. Then March. Fusillade utility is meant to slow down, not generate damage

That's generally my tactic as well.
  • I run a really fast team, so tend to start March of Victory. That said, when Leia + Rey + QGJ + Poe have already gone, I tend to get more out of it. For a slower, tankier team I'd start Fusilade as I want that turn meter slow to start as soon as possible.
  • Llewella wrote: »

Whoops sorry,

If the whole team is pretty fast, I would use Fusi...

If the team had just one or two high damage glass cannon (a Leia, TFP or Maul etc.) I would use MoV for the turn meter and advantage to facilitate the focus fire. (The advantage benefit of the basic shot.)

( It obviously depends on when Phasmas turn is in your lineup.)
  • Thanks. She at 5* waiting till 6* to put her onto arena team. Figured it would depend on your team speed versus theirs.
  • Also keep in mind the Advantage buff drops after a character is damaged twice. So you want to use it after the AI uses AoEs and DOTs have dropped, or use ability block or to prevent such things (i.e. Sid's and Vaders AoE + DOT).

Mostly, I use Fusillade first. Phasma squads are kind of like a locomotive running downhill, you need to stack turn meter gains early to gain steam and clean up once you get team advantage.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    I have a fast team, with lots of turn manipulation. I use Victory March 1st in most cases (unless the enemy team is fast and his Poe goes first, then I'll use Fusillade instead). The key is, when it is Phasmas turn, look at the enemy turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Fusillade! Look at your teams turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Victory March!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Fusiliade first so AI can hit their AOEs and you can have your AP for longer.
  • " The key is, when it is Phasmas turn, look at the enemy turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Fusillade! Look at your teams turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Victory March!"

Thanks! That actually really helps
  • Pilot wrote: »
    I have a fast team, with lots of turn manipulation. I use Victory March 1st in most cases (unless the enemy team is fast and his Poe goes first, then I'll use Fusillade instead). The key is, when it is Phasmas turn, look at the enemy turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Fusillade! Look at your teams turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Victory March!

Sound advice exactly how i do it also.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • JayBeefed wrote: »
    " The key is, when it is Phasmas turn, look at the enemy turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Fusillade! Look at your teams turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Victory March!"

What if both enemy and your team are half of below? Or if both are half or above?

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    " The key is, when it is Phasmas turn, look at the enemy turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Fusillade! Look at your teams turn meters. Are most of them at half or below? Victory March!"

What if both enemy and your team are half of below? Or if both are half or above?

Depends. If there are enemies which you want go kill ASAP, and March Orders will allow you to fire first, do that. If you want to remove foresight from Rey, use fussilsde.

It's a tactic game. Depending on the circunstances you do one thing or another
  • Loce
    194 posts Member

Phasma (L)
    CT-5555
    Kylo
    Dooku
    Luminara/Sid/FOST (I know he's kind of a weak hitter, but tanky with a 55% counter chance + Speed down and good synergy with my team)...

Anyway, when Phasma gets her first turn, am I better off firing Fusillade 1st (for speed down) or March of Victory 1st (for advantage and + turn meter)?

For me it all depends on what team I'm facing. If there are 2 toons with AOE on the other team, I am definitely hitting fullisade first.
    AI always uses the AOE first with exception of a few circumstances. If the other team has a Sid, and a Kylo, or Vader, or IG88 etc. Victory March is going to mean nothing after 2 AOE's.
    If Victory March is instantly defeated by 2 AOE's its a double loss because you lose out on Phasmas onslaught attack doing 70% more dmg (at lvl 5 ability). HUGE!.
    everyone has sid, and everyone has someone else that has an AOE. So In my experience I say fullisade or onslaught first.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Triqui wrote: »

Depends. If there are enemies which you want go kill ASAP, and March Orders will allow you to fire first, do that. If you want to remove foresight from Rey, use fussilsde.

It's a tactic game. Depending on the circunstances you do one thing or another

Doesn't phasma go before Rey in the beginning anyway? Not sure on this...not as familiar with rey as I want to be.
  • Loce wrote: »
    Doesn't phasma go before Rey in the beginning anyway? Not sure on this...not as familiar with rey as I want to be.

Not even close, Rey is right with Poe / Leia/ Dooku in terms of speed. They go first at round 7 with 143 speed or better.

• I use a first order team and while everyone has their own tactics I like a different one. First thing I do is look to see who will be attacking ahead of my team. If the other team is ahead and I feel will be devastating I will use victory March so my team goes first. I then can choose who stays and who goes ;)
  • Loce wrote: »

Phasma (L)
    CT-5555
    Kylo
    Dooku

For me it all depends on what team I'm facing. If there are 2 toons with AOE on the other team, I am definitely hitting fullisade first.
    AI always uses the AOE first with exception of a few circumstances. If the other team has a Sid, and a Kylo, or Vader, or IG88 etc. Victory March is going to mean nothing after 2 AOE's.
    If Victory March is instantly defeated by 2 AOE's its a double loss because you lose out on Phasmas onslaught attack doing 70% more dmg (at lvl 5 ability). HUGE!.
    everyone has sid, and everyone has someone else that has an AOE. So In my experience I say fullisade or onslaught first.

If you use victory March you should be able to take out a guy or two before the AOE goes off. Victory March makes it 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 quick
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Michajam wrote: »
    Loce wrote: »

Phasma (L)
    CT-5555
    Kylo
    Dooku

If you use victory March you should be able to take out a guy or two before the AOE goes off. Victory March makes it 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 quick

If I run into a FOTP or Luke and I land a heal immunity it is worth it to use Victory March first a lot. That being said it backfires a lot.
    Could be my ability lvl. I do know this tho: I hate using Victory March and having debuffed right away lol. I feel like a total failure!
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    Loce wrote: »

Not even close, Rey is right with Poe / Leia/ Dooku in terms of speed. They go first at round 7 with 143 speed or better.

The for the info Kr4itok
  • JayBeefed wrote: »

Phasma (L)
    CT-5555
    Kylo
    Dooku

Swapp out 5555 for lumi and keep sid and the others you mentioned, it wiuld be one of the hardest teams I have gone against.