Anybody Else Stop Farming Mods?

Prev13
Between the nerfed drop rates, the odds that when I actually get one it's just going to grant something weak like tenacity or defense, and the fact that it takes cantina energy that takes away from characters I'm trying to farm (hint: Aayla) I just don't see the point in farming them anymore. It was fun for content for about three days but it seems like there's too many gates for not enough rewards. Maybe in three years when I get my Jawa team up to speed for the crit damage challenge (one of the few group bunches that didn't take a big mod group nerf) I'll give mods another shot lol. Anybody else feel the same way?

Replies

• ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I stopped last Friday already, the nerfed drop rates are simply not worth it for me. I don't want lvl3 or 4 mods if I'm farming for 5's. Utter junk!

On a side note, hey look, I'm out of jail!
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Yep. I stopped. Too many characters to farm in cantina. Plus even if I get new mods which are good, don't have the credits to level them.
  • I stopped as well.
  • X0160768 wrote: »
    Yep. I stopped. Too many characters to farm in cantina. Plus even if I get new mods which are good, don't have the credits to level them.

Exactly The same for me. Furthermore, I need specific sets mods but i don't want lvl 1 or 2 mods. So i wait the moment where i could run through the challenge to get at least lvl 3 mods.
    It let me time to farm cantino shards, gather credits. Sometime i just try to get specific mod to complete sets, but not spending a lot of energy on that
  • I wait for the next updates (maybe 5 or 10 as they will need to fix most issues) , hopefully someone gets a plan in the near future.

F2P gives you sooo much more time to spend for important things
  • I had one amazing level 4 farm where I got 4/10 level 4 mods. 0/48 since. I think the 33% drop rate reported counts as **** at this point.
  • Solaris
    11 posts Member
    Yeah, I stopped. I'll pick it back up again when I have the squads for level 5 mods. Who knows how long it will take to gear those squads up enough to beat the mod challenges though.
  • Last time i used all my energy and mod didn't drop. +They inreased 3x leveling price. Ofc we will stop farmig them.
  • Immediately stopped with the recent update.. still waiting for another update or at least some communication from EA.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Stopped need shards.
  • Completely stopped. It doesn't make sense to wait so long just for one try with such a low drop rate AND bad attributes. I went back to farming chars
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    also stopped. leveling the mods seem way more expensive than before. I think they said it was double the credits now but I'm pretty sure it's more. leveling a Mk5 mod to 15 cost me more than 500k
  • I also stopped when they nerfed mods and their drop rate. Actually, I'm currently in the state of waiting, I do not really farm anything, just doing some daily activities and raids becuase 1) I am disappointed in and angry with the game as it is too unpredictable 2) I will not spend money on this game again and will spend less time playing with it.
  • Just farming Anakin shards for the last few days
  • I just switched over to shards to. Will wait for a response from The Devs before I farm anymore mods.

I am very disappointed with how they nerfed the Mk5 mod drop rate and the doubled the levelling cost. There was already enough RNG when acquiring mods due to different types, stats and grades. They was no need to nerf it into the ground like they did. Other then corporate greed I suppose...
  • Stopped, not worth it. At least I get character shards I can use, wasting 16 energy on a small chance for a 3* or 4* instead of a 5* is a gamble too far.

@EA_Jesse you balanced mod power, now balance mod availability.
  • Aegamin33 wrote: »
    I just switched over to shards to. Will wait for a response from The Devs before I farm anymore mods.

I am very disappointed with how they nerfed the Mk5 mod drop rate and the doubled the levelling cost. There was already enough RNG when acquiring mods due to different types, stats and grades. They was no need to nerf it into the ground like they did. Other then corporate greed I suppose...

As it is now, half the time a mod doesn't drop and of that half a time half the time it drops the kind of mod you're not looking for. I have 100 mods and one whose primary stat is critical damage, about 2 whose primary stat is speed, and about 50 whose primary stat is defense. Why they nerfed the drop rates with such horrible RNG already is beyond me..
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    I upgrade one mod a day to complete the daily missions. Still have some "high star mods" to upgrade anyway. No stress.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    I stopped as well. I update one for the daily, like Monxie said, but I'm back to farming cantina shards.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Between the nerfed drop rates, the odds that when I actually get one it's just going to grant something weak like tenacity or defense, and the fact that it takes cantina energy that takes away from characters I'm trying to farm (hint: Aayla) I just don't see the point in farming them anymore. It was fun for content for about three days but it seems like there's too many gates for not enough rewards. Maybe in three years when I get my Jawa team up to speed for the crit damage challenge (one of the few group bunches that didn't take a big mod group nerf) I'll give mods another shot lol. Anybody else feel the same way?

Still hunting Mods here!

Each and every day I only do the 3 cantina-battles required for daily, rest i invest in the Mod-hunt, and i use crystals to refresh cantina-energy as well.

CftF74eWcAAnDjE.jpg:large
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Yap, also stopped ... its not worth to waste hundreds of energy for just 1 single +4% attack power mod (when im supposed to get a +5,88% one) which i cant even level, because of no credits left ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I run two Tier 5 health sims a day. That's it. Otherwise I prefer to continue farming Lando.
  • Also stopped after EA realized that if they give the advertised prize in the challenges, no one would buy 1* E mods in the mod shop for 1000 crystal. You gotta follow the money trail, and that says challenges are not worth unless you are swimming in cantina energy, and are willing to exchange it for 100 credits
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    I can't stop. My GW is an absolute nightmare. I need at LEAST 3-4 pvp squads for nodes 11-12. Without mods, it might as well be a team of diapered one year olds vs. the terminator.
  • I stopped once they nerfed the mods. It's not worth it anymore. I spend my cantina energy on Anakin shards now.
  • Also stopped after EA realized that if they give the advertised prize in the challenges, no one would buy 1* E mods in the mod shop for 1000 crystal. You gotta follow the money trail, and that says challenges are not worth unless you are swimming in cantina energy, and are willing to exchange it for 100 credits

Thing is, nobody will still buy 1* mods in the shop. Every time I look in there I see worthless junk.
  • I have a feeling mods will be in the new raid gear received, so i am going to hold out until then. Lets be honest anyway, do you really have enough credits to level up all these mods? Hell no...
  • Toukai wrote: »
    I can't stop. My GW is an absolute nightmare. I need at LEAST 3-4 pvp squads for nodes 11-12. Without mods, it might as well be a team of diapered one year olds vs. the terminator.

I stopped GW as well. Only doing 1 round for the daily.
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    I do a couple mod challenges a day in slim hopes for a lucky draw. But truthfully there's no credits left if I wanted to upgrade a new mod. So back to Jawa shards it is. My Jawa team will wreck you all in 3 years!...
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »

I stopped GW as well. Only doing 1 round for the daily.
    See, it works ... gw consumes less time! :smiley:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.