Spread too thin? Loaded questions from a F2P

SirLoinsteak
30 posts Member
edited January 2016
1. is there a point to getting to 7* asap other than perfection? I win all 5 arena battles and consistently clear gw, should I get more chars or aim for higher stars? I'm level 53 atm.

2. Ppl debate Geo or Luke, I went for Geo AND Luke, 3*, 4* respectively and both on my A team. I'm tempted to max out Geo instead of starting fresh on Kylo or Dooku, based on easier to farm for gear.

3. JC 3* AND Lumi 4* atm, both on A team. Wondering if I should just get Lumi to a 5* and switch over to get IG-86 ( assist synergy with Geo ), or R Pilot for raw damage.

4. Been trying Phasma 3* lead, but I think I like Sid 4* lead better. Commitment to Sid to 6* and Lumi to 6* is my only certainty :)

5. Poe is 3*, Hans is 3*, R Pilot is 2*, 5555 is 3*.

6. I'm thinking a squad that'll last me a while would be: Sid, Lumi, Geo, 86, [ JC if I need heal || Luke, Pilot if I need fire power || not a fan or rather haven't worked for me playing the sacrifice Poe/Hans/Chewie card ]

Any thoughts, comments, sarcastic remarks would be appreciated.
Post edited by SirLoinsteak on

Replies

• 3 3 star characters on your A team won't cut it at higher levels. Its best to focus all arena, cantina, and GW credits to a single character. This way you will have at least 3 characters that you can take to a max level. Cantina missions is also another location to farm characters. Spreading that energy between two different characters is not optimal. Personally, Luminara is a character to get to 7 stars ASAP. She's better than Sidious in my opinion.
  • Still dedicating to Lumi to at least 6*. Just hasn't seen her shine yet. She's supposedly a decent hitter, in practice i have yet to see her outshine JC. Currently Lumi 4* VI (1more piece to go), JC 3* VII.
  • She has the best heal in the game and will definitely hit harder than JC later on.
  • And her specials is very strong
  • Agreed on Lumi. Thoughts on some of my other points?
  • Try to see the bigger picture nd focus on a team with synergy. Spreading your resources (like investing in geo and luke) will eventually cost you, because your arena opponents will focus their resources on their main 5. Adding stars gives more health and more damage.
    That said, lumi and sid are always good. They are easy to fit in any team and lumi became essential with the new gw update.
    I think you best farm poe from the cantina shipments, he is the best tank at the moment. And since you already have some glass cannons (ig86, luke, genosian soldier) he will fit well in a future team.
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    1. is there a point to getting to 7* asap other than perfection? I win all 5 arena battles and consistently clear gw, should I get more chars or aim for higher stars? I'm level 53 atm.

2. Ppl debate Geo or Luke, I went for Geo AND Luke, 3*, 4* respectively and both on my A team. I'm tempted to max out Geo instead of starting fresh on Kylo or Dooku, based on easier to farm for gear.

3. JC 3* AND Lumi 4* atm, both on A team. Wondering if I should just get Lumi to a 5* and switch over to get IG-86 ( assist synergy with Geo ), or R Pilot for raw damage.

4. Been trying Phasma 3* lead, but I think I like Sid 4* lead better. Commitment to Sid to 6* and Lumi to 6* is my only certainty :)

6. I'm thinking a squad that'll last me a while would be: Sid, Lumi, Geo, 86, [ JC if I need heal || Luke, Pilot if I need fire power || not a fan or rather haven't worked for me playing the sacrifice Poe/Hans/Chewie card ]

1) Every star you achieve grants your character a significant power boost over an identical character with a lower star set. I think it's far better to have fewer characters at higher star levels than many characters at lower star levels. The difference between a 5-star IG88 with max level/gear and a 7-star IG88 with max level/gear is tremendous.

2) Related to my answer for #1, I think you're making the right choice there. Maxing out your existing, partially leveled hero rather than starting fresh on a new one will make you more powerful more quickly, and will give you time to settle on who your next acquisition will be once your current project is complete.

3) I only use a single healer (Luminara) for my arena team, but I've definitely needed JC (and Daka and Talia for that matter) to complete GW at times. I would 7-star Luminara before working on anyone else, if only because you'll want your singleton healer to be as powerful as possible. This is doubly true for Lumi since she's also an attacker.

4) Getting Sid and Lumi to 6 will give you a nice power level spike. I'd take them to 7 if you're planning on keeping them! Though, full disclosure, I don't personally use Sid. I use Lumi constantly, though, and she's ridiculously good at 7 stars.

5) The forums adore Poe for his speed and his utility. I personally prefer ST Han because I love what his turn meter manipulation does for my already-hyper-fast droids. You have to level up his taunt and his bluff to really benefit from him. That said, he IS slower than Poe, and that might be the only reason you need to make your decision. I have little experience with R Pilot and 5555, but I don't fear either one when I see them across the table.

6) Final squad of Sid (L), Lumi, Geo, 86, and Luke should serve you well for a while. I think you may eventually want to sub out Luke for some additional support (taunter, stunner, maybe another healer), but you'll be able to make that decision based on your own preferences.

Good luck!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Thanks for the confirmation.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016

1. If you become complacent, it won't be long before you see yourself slipping. You need to have bigger guns than competitors to stay on the top
    2. Stick with the Genosian Soldier. Spreading out your resources is never a good thing
    3. Get Lumi to 7* first
    4. Sid is better if you are going after critical whereas Phasma is the key for a counter/assist team
    5. Farm Poe
    6. Replace Luke with Poogle and you have a line-up which is said to be tested and successful against high dps teams that are rampant nowadays
  • @obiwan1011 agreed with most points. My problem though:

1. Too much dependent on GW. Got to finish Lumi, then 86, only then can I start on Poggle. Not to mention eventually finish Phasma.

2. I'm thinking of finishing Daka first before Poe. Does that make sense or folly?
  • Prioritizing Daka depends are you able to complete GW. If no farm. If yes get Poe first because early DS battles can be fought without Daka or you can borrow from your allies.
  • I am able to finish GW with just JC and Lumi.

Only 33/80 Daka. 3* Poe. May be just wrap up to get Daka, then focus on Poe?

Although been reading and FOO is tempting too :)
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If you are running class cannons you want Poe or han to protect them if they cannot protect themselves. Ie a leai

Also for the team your making poggle is more useful then phasma.

Edit*. One strong team is best. The higher your arena rank the faster your progression. Your roster will expand and fill in farely fast if you can manage to stay near the top (500 crystals for cashing rank 1).
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Theirs no way you can win all 5 in a row unless you're purposely finding people less power than you then yeah its viable. The answer is yes to your questions, get your main peeps to 7*, then after that you can simply save up lots of shipments and wait for new exciting toons to turn up, that's my tactical approach anyway
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • @obiwan1011 agreed with most points. My problem though:

1. Too much dependent on GW. Got to finish Lumi, then 86, only then can I start on Poggle. Not to mention eventually finish Phasma.

2. I'm thinking of finishing Daka first before Poe. Does that make sense or folly?

Dakka is solid. It's up to you if you want a taunt or not on the team. Honestly you're heading in the right direction, just stick to one character per table and you'll be fine
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    @obiwan1011 agreed with most points. My problem though:

Dakka is solid. It's up to you if you want a taunt or not on the team. Honestly you're heading in the right direction, just stick to one character per table and you'll be fine

IMO daka is great with phasma as lead she gets extra stuns :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.