Why is this game not labeled Beta?

Does this feel like a beta to anyone else? Not being able to matchmake well, losing accounts, targeting not always working, I feel like a publisher like EA would work on making a smooth quality game and not rely on the Star Wars IP.

I really like the game, and I feel EA should check out the gameplay and mechanics in Dungeon Boss. They had a great beta testing and they used it to have the community help them craft an amazing game.

I want to really like the game and have sunk several hours into it. I feel the Star Wars part of the game will not be enough to keep me going. I am glad it was free because I will only spend $$ on micro transactions when I feel a game is complete.

Here are some suggestions that I have:

-- have the pvp last for a set amount of time 24hours, 36 hours. Ect
-- break down the pvp groups by 100-200 people and have them all be within 2-4 levels of each other
-- breaking them down into smaller groups will allow you to make a ladder they can climb for each pvp time frame.

This is basically how Dungeon Boss does their pvp... It's not perfect but it does make for more compelling gameplay

Replies

• Doesn't feel like beta. Feels like a completely unfinished game. Im about to run out if options for advancement as I approach level 54 as most of my gear will be level locked to a Lvl 60+ requirement to equip. Skills are same way. I'm not complaining in the slightest. I invested in the game knowing all these facts.

But mobile games is an extremely competitive environment and it has made many a broke man instant millionaires just by creating a game with IAP's. New games are released everyday and highly funded A+ Studios are working on games as we speak that are soon to be released as this is the future of gaming. Mobiles.

Soooooo they need to be timely in there updates and constantly dangle that carrot of advancement and achievements that keeps us dropping $$. If not millions of USD moves to the next big thing.
  • I've played a few other games that were incomplete for a long time. The development teams are under pressure from the publisher to hurry up and get something out to the public. No game = No profits.

Yes, this game is not finished. I just asked publicly where the rest of this game is. I haven't received a response yet...
  • billbob19
    71 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The PvP system is horrible, but I think it was mentioned that they are aware of that and will change it up. I have never played a game where you can only PvP 5 times a day unless you use in game currency to by more chances. It's weird and boring.

Create some kind of energy to do it. Start with ten and make it so one new "unit of energy" builds every ten minutes so you can actually PvP throughout the day.

Again, I think this is something they are already planning on fixing.

Great post whip.
  • only annoying thing i have encountered frequently so far is targeting... can't complain... lol.. "event access through cantina" bug - not going to complain about that, heh
  • The game doesn't feel like a beta but I can't be so lenient in saying it feels unfinished and be OK with it. I'm glad this subject came up.

I've been playing for more or less than a week and since most of these freemium games are oriented at casual play it does it job well. The Star Wars theme helps it a lot and they've used it well in my opinion, there's a high addictive and replay value factor on the game. So far so good.

But then it's an EA game and they don't have the best reputation on game support and updates. And this game is past due on many fixes. On a positive note they do provide quality content on games and this Star Wars game is not a bad one.

I've seen many people complaining about energy. This game works pretty well with the energy and playtime it gives you. This is not a "pay $8 and play whenever you want game". This is a fremium microtransaction game and people still havent caught up with how these work, they appeal to the casual gamer.

Apart from energy people also complain about things being OP and some mechanics needed to be nerfed. If you have played less than 2-3 days you cannot complain about this unless it's fairly obvious theres's something to fix. Not all game work with the rock, paper, scissors mechanics. This game has buffs, debuffs and detailed character building that can define a win or loss not only by the characters level but gear, upgrades etc. The gear farming and stat building is a very good part which keeps you busy.

I'm at level 40 and I've only bought the Dooku pack The game feels good but neglected. I really like what they've done on allowing people to get characters by grinding or if you want them faster forking over cash. But....the game has many holes and although it's your choice to pay for content, the developers charge an absurd amount of money for the character packs. The other costs seem reasonable and the charges in game currency also are fair. It's just the packs. Give me a more polished game and constant updates and you can charge that. This is not a startup developer, it's EA.

What worries me is that although the game has so much potential and feels good I'm worried that this more of a PR thing before he movie than trying to keep this working on the long run. Also how much content(characters) could they be dishing out if SW has a fairly limited amount of iconic characters.

• Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I agree that there definitely could be more activity by mods or community managers in regards to communication on these boards.

But the game is only 2 weeks out of a Global launch. Is the game complete? Definitely not. You can see there's sections reserved for more content, but there's enough to do for now to keep most people busy.

Are there bugs? Yes there are, every game in the history of gaming has had bugs that need to be fixed after it's been launched.

The thing is, while we don't see a lot of communication from anyone official from the EA or Capital Games team, they definitely are monitoring the concerns and bugs being reported on these forums.

We don't even know how many people are in the Capital Games team working on this game. EA could be doing their usual evil corporate greed act by making a poor team of 10 programmers work on everything for this game 24/7 to keep their costs to a minimum while maximising profits. How do we know CG aren't doing everything they can just to get the game running as is?

I actually believe they were forced to launch globally before they had planned to just so EA could cash in on the Force Awakens hype, because there was no official announcement or warning to Beta players that it was going to happen when it did.

It wouldn't be the first time EA has run a small development team/studio into the ground in their march to global domination :p

So yes, the game needs a lot of work still but give the devs a break once in a while. No one seems to appreciate the fact that we have a quality looking Star Wars game that's actually fun and for the most part works.
  • The Global lauch was just suddenly announced out of nowhere. I feel you are correct @Slushie . I think a directive came down from EA to launch whatever had been finished STAT!
  • "No one seems to appreciate the fact that we have a quality looking Star Wars game that's actually fun"

I do appreciate it! Found out about it on Kabam's SW:Uprising forum.... let's just say, i didn't shed a tear, when i had to uninstall Uprising to free up space on my phone....
  • The Global lauch was just suddenly announced out of nowhere. I feel you are correct @Slushie . I think a directive came down from EA to launch whatever had been finished STAT!

The first I heard about this was it popping up in the Play Store when I checked a week ago, very little fanfare, but common sense would assume that 3 weeks until the biggest film in the last few years, they wanted a game they could cash in on, especially when the inevitable Force Awakens characters are dropped into the game by an exclusive pack that you can only buy.

I don't mind that as the game is of decent quality for a mobile game
  • Powerlifter450
    501 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Deleted for TOS violation
    Post edited by ObbyEcho on
  • Communication from the dev's would be a huge factor! I love the Star Wars IP and I have no problems giving money to companies.

I think they have done the freemium model well. If not too good, because I usually play till I hit a wall in any given game and then take a break. I'm in the high 30's and I rarely run out of energy before I level again. I think they have a good balance with that. I also think they have good progression for their characters.

My biggest problem is the targeting because this is game breaking. Most people do not mind losing in a game, but to lose to a bug or miss a three star to a bug is frustrating as hell. The targeting bug should be a #1 priority and a bug that should not go on longer than a week without a fix or some major communication.
  • Explain yourself ObbyEcho
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Maybe I'm just easily impressed after playing some real dreck over the last year but I've actually been pretty pleased by the quality of this game so far. Yes there are bugs, there always are. But for example, I've been playing many hours a day for 10 days so far and the game has never once crashed on me. Another game, they came out with a major update in the spring that basically left it unusable for weeks while they fixed major crash and gameplay issues.
    It's a fast-paced environment as someone else said, and given the complexity of this game it's in pretty decent shape.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just easily impressed after playing some real dreck over the last year but I've actually been pretty pleased by the quality of this game so far. Yes there are bugs, there always are. But for example, I've been playing many hours a day for 10 days so far and the game has never once crashed on me. Another game, they came out with a major update in the spring that basically left it unusable for weeks while they fixed major crash and gameplay issues.
    It's a fast-paced environment as someone else said, and given the complexity of this game it's in pretty decent shape.

Same. I think many people here just aren't used to freemium games in general. It's much too early to make any judgements. If the same problems show up 2 months from now, then yes, there will be some big issues.

All I have to say is that that there are some decently popular games that have started off MUCH worse and devs who care even less.
  • Thundergod wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Same. I think many people here just aren't used to freemium games in general. It's much too early to make any judgements. If the same problems show up 2 months from now, then yes, there will be some big issues.

All I have to say is that that there are some decently popular games that have started off MUCH worse and devs who care even less.

Agreed. Within a month or two, we will see if big issues will remain
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    "No one seems to appreciate the fact that we have a quality looking Star Wars game that's actually fun"

I do appreciate it! Found out about it on Kabam's SW:Uprising forum.... let's just say, i didn't shed a tear, when i had to uninstall Uprising to free up space on my phone....

I stopped playing Uprising when they stopped people from making any money from selling Desh, then when the update came out and they made everyone basically start again with the t2 gear, I uninstalled.
  • its need to call alpha stadium :D
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    "No one seems to appreciate the fact that we have a quality looking Star Wars game that's actually fun"

I stopped playing Uprising when they stopped people from making any money from selling Desh, then when the update came out and they made everyone basically start again with the t2 gear, I uninstalled.

I didn't even get that far to know what your talking about. I played for about 10 minutes, got bored, uninstalled, end of story. It saddened me because I love SW and was in the theater for the original movie in 1977, had the figures, sent in my 5 proof of purchase seals for new figures, hard core collector....
This discussion has been closed.