Mod Challenge: 16 Multi-Sim Battles 1 Infuriating Result

Vavasour
102 posts Member

1_MODWTF.jpg

Replies

• Beege
    74 posts Member
    3. Reworked Mod Drops in Mod Battles and Mod Challenges
    Battles will no longer just drop Mods 100% of the time. Instead the drop rate will be higher than Character Shards on an equivalent Squad Cantina node. Challenges will also drop at the higher rate.

lol
  • Just watching this game fall
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Hey, you got something. More than many can say. Where's the gratitude? :-/
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Same with everything (Shards/ Gear). Multisim is a big joke.
  • Doesn't that just disgust you...

Oh, but it's higher than character shards. Who's running this joint???
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • StarSon
    7433 posts Member
    Fatzke wrote: »

The problem isn't multi-sim, but the lowered drop rates for mods. I typically sim 16-20 challenges at a time as well, and always (so far, anyway) get at least 5 mods.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Fatzke wrote: »

The problem isn't multi-sim, but the lowered drop rates for mods.

Yeah, but with Multisim they are even lower in my opinion. Since the update I spend one full refresh with multisim and with the other refresh I simulate the fights one by one, and the results are always much better. I don't think that's only RNG.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    " it will reduce how many insignificant Mods you can receive and will ideally let you focus on getting the Mods you need with the substats that are important to the characters you’re upgrading."

The game just got rid of all the insignificant mods you would have gotten and given you one to focus on! Lol...
  • Vavasour
    102 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Just to be clear, I didn't think the above was a multi-sim issue. My point was to illustrate the Drop Rate issue.

That said, if I were to receive 10 - 16 quality mods, I'd have little hope of ever upgrading them. I spend hundreds of dollars per week on this game and I'm still facing an insurmountable credit debt mountain.

The game has serious thyroid issues. Every system is way off kilter. It is truly a systemic issue at the moment. The evidence is illustrative on nearly every mode of play.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Smh. Things like this make me realize this game is a skyscraper built on top of a game of jenga.

Could be so great with just a little support. I fear short sightedness will kill this game.
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Multi Sim is a joke. I spend two energy refreshes for hard nodes and got 2 shards. This is not rng, we talk about 30 battles.
  • The mod drop rate is just a big fat joke
  • Yep. 5 sims 0 mods for me earlier today.
  • Been watching this same thing happen since launch. Disgusting but I bet I'd see a lot of familiar cry baby names if I researched who got mods nerfed.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    I've noticed this thread too. Yet if I just sim one at a time the drop rate seems to improve drastically. Just sim one at a time.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    "Higher than shard drop" means same thing as...
    Credit Heist will be every 6 to 12 days...
    Shard pack can drop 22 shards...
    Chromium can drop a full 50 shard toon...

Mods probably drop 0.0001% more than toon shards. Just like we might get Credit Heist sooner than every 12 days, when there is a blue moon and a solar eclipse.

Onto the bright side, Bronziums occasionally drop a full toon!
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    "Higher than shard drop" means same thing as...
    Credit Heist will be every 6 to 12 days...
    Shard pack can drop 22 shards...
    Chromium can drop a full 50 shard toon...

Mods probably drop 0.0001% more than toon shards. Just like we might get Credit Heist sooner than every 12 days, when there is a blue moon and a solar eclipse.

Onto the bright side, Bronziums occasionally drop a full toon!
    Don't forget on a leap year