Message from the CM

Replies

• Fher
    188 posts Member
    We still haven't heard about the insulting 20 chewie shards btw. Is accepting them a means for us to acknowledge and condone their incompetence?
  • Krey wrote: »

The mods with a flat speed number as the primary are really strong.

Every primary, secondary, and set bonus should be a percentage so it scales with gear. The absolute values are crazy and so random. Honestly, in my opinion the type of Mod should only provide that stat. For example, an HP Mod should improve HP and not have secondary speed stats. Especially not huge speed values that can make Old Ben the fastest character in the game. LOL. I'm not sure why people say Mods aren't useful. Characters are boosted pretty well by Mods.
  • masters
    231 posts Member
    People who spend are upset that they spent on guaranteed tier 5 mods with 100% drops and there was a much lower cost to level up those mods at the time. Unbelievable, you can't make this stuff up. You are still way ahead!

Then they try and claim they wouldn't have spent the money if they new the mods were going to get nerfed. I call bull*. If the mods came out exactly as they are now and all else went down the same way, they still would have done the same thing. The same thing being the exploitation of pre-craft 2.0.
  • masters wrote: »
    People who spend are upset that they spent on guaranteed tier 5 mods with 100% drops and there was a much lower cost to level up those mods at the time. Unbelievable, you can't make this stuff up. You are still way ahead!

Then they try and claim they wouldn't have spent the money if they new the mods were going to get nerfed. I call bull*. If the mods came out exactly as they are now and all else went down the same way, they still would have done the same thing. The same thing being the exploitation of pre-craft 2.0.

It's not only the people who spent that are complaining. People who missed the window before drop rates were introduced will have an extremely hard time getting enough T5 mods to cover their teams. If one drops in an entire refresh at all it could be a T3 mod.

And no, not under any circumstances would I have spent 500k leveling a 5.88% health mod. When they gave a decent amount of health I leveled several. 500k to give rey 670 HP is laughable. I'd like my credits back so I can use them on something else.
  • Lohkarr
    23 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Here are a couple of things that I’d like to see stop:
    Posting threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores. This does nothing to help the state of the game. What helps us is seeing feedback on why you don’t like a certain feature and how it affects your enjoyment of the game.
    Do not create posts bashing EA, CG, the dev team or the moderators. Again, this does nothing to help the game.
    Do not create posts on how the game is dead, or how it’s going to die, or anything along those lines./quote].
    Is it just me or this sounds like good old despotism, **** or dictatorship? North Korea and Saudi Arabia use the same censorship tactics don't they? I dunno, just seems to me that if you feel the need to censor voices then you are doing something wrong.
  • masters
    231 posts Member
    masters wrote: »
    pre-craft 2.0.

It's not only the people who spent that are complaining. People who missed the window before drop rates were introduced will have an extremely hard time getting enough T5 mods to cover their teams. If one drops in an entire refresh at all it could be a T3 mod.

Exactly! These are the people that actually have a leg to stand on here.
  • Fher wrote: »
    We still haven't heard about the insulting 20 chewie shards btw. Is accepting them a means for us to acknowledge and condone their incompetence?

Funny thing was, the chewie shards were labled as reward #2 and reward #3, so what was reward #1? More chewie shards or something else they yanked out at the last minute.

I never got a Reward #1, did any of you?
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Why would you remove that.

If anything I would change it to say

"But I've spent thousands on this game,
    And it was for nothing because I have to spend thousands more after this new update or I'll drop in arena rank and stop earning crystals, which cost me even more money"
  • Its a reign of terror on these boards at the moment.

I think what is even more disconcerting, is the fact that even the reddit page is dying down in terms of game play related posts. CG really needs to do something before they run out of funds to run this game. EA is brutal, and will cut off non-performing games. Star Wars or not.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Its a reign of terror on these boards at the moment.

I think what is even more disconcerting, is the fact that even the reddit page is dying down in terms of game play related posts. CG really needs to do something before they run out of funds to run this game. EA is brutal, and will cut off non-performing games. Star Wars or not.

Not before they cash grab one more time with:

Jedi Luke

Emperor palp

Jar jar

Jango fett

And many more. There's a lot of Star Wars addicts out there and they know it. There is still a bunch of money to be made of suckers that like to collect things.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    If the image contains graphic content it should not and will not be on the board, regardless of humor.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • **** are you lazy azzes doing? Nothing! People making decisions with this game should be fired.
    Bad game management here
  • Fher wrote: »

You'll be very happy to know it was supposed to be 30 but all we got were packs #2 and #3. Any comment as to what happened to #1? FYTW.
  • This thread makes me lol.

I haven't posted here in forever. You had done all you can to drive me off as a player. I decided to bide time and stay.

Almost wanted to spend money again and then we have the recent disasters.

I can't be sure what's going on there at ea c whatever, but please tell me what company would let people retain their jobs after so many complete disasters from the development teams choices.

Sure it's Star Wars, that gets you some staying power from fans. But not forever.
  • Cpt_Krob6 wrote: »

The entire "precrafting" complaint is also ridiculous. I did precraft 1 gear of QGJ's as I used to do all my gear prior to getting to the correct level. That makes me smart, not a cheater. I had NO idea they were rolling out new gear requirements and if I had I would've precrafted more. Who knew? I lucked out on that I guess but it was 1 piece of gear that didn't make me an almighty player. Get over it already and quit crying that you missed out on the initial jump.

Wrong. People knew. Then they got mad that it was changed. So it was changed back for a couple days. Then reverted to the current system after that grace period.

Bottom line people have been exploiting this game since the start. No leadership or repurchasing for cheating and exploiting have led to some people having incredible advantage over others.

Pre crafting was one of the many bad decisions I've watched play out on this game.
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    nevermind it did.
  • Xceptor
    55 posts Member
    After seeing that CM post, I now know that CG takes clues from the Erdogan and the Turkish double dictatorship.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Krey wrote: »

Every primary, secondary, and set bonus should be a percentage so it scales with gear. The absolute values are crazy and so random. Honestly, in my opinion the type of Mod should only provide that stat. For example, an HP Mod should improve HP and not have secondary speed stats. Especially not huge speed values that can make Old Ben the fastest character in the game. LOL. I'm not sure why people say Mods aren't useful. Characters are boosted pretty well by Mods.

Percentages instead of flat boosts are bad for the meta. It only solidifies using the fastest, strongest, and tankiest characters as of now. Flat boosts would be a step in the right direction, but inverse percentages would be the best, especially for speed.
  • Max10
    43 posts Member
    Over 80,100 views on this thread? Wow. People are anxious.
  • hhooo wrote: »

Percentages instead of flat boosts are bad for the meta. It only solidifies using the fastest, strongest, and tankiest characters as of now. Flat boosts would be a step in the right direction, but inverse percentages would be the best, especially for speed.

But then you run into the problem of invalidating gear, no? And if you just keep the absolute values to boost low from wrecking the game like the original mods did, then you're right back to where you were with the percentages. The % keeps gear relevant, otherwise it's a free-for-all with characters. Each character has a specific role and should have weaknesses. The dev team should fix underutilized characters to be more competitive rather than rely on mods to improve them; that's nothing more than a band-aid to the problem.
  • There are supposed to be bad characters. You can't have every character be the best character. That's not a thing. Even new characters should have a few intentionally bad ones thrown in for good measure. *Cough* gamorrean guard *cough*
    But that's how it's supposed to be. There wouldn't be a best character if it weren't for every other toon being worse than it.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Good thing we have this thread, and it is so refreshing to see responses from the CM @EA_Jesse here appearing so regularly. Keep up the strong effort and we will get there for sure.
  • Skudz0r wrote: »
    There are supposed to be bad characters. You can't have every character be the best character. That's not a thing. Even new characters should have a few intentionally bad ones thrown in for good measure. *Cough* gamorrean guard *cough*
    But that's how it's supposed to be. There wouldn't be a best character if it weren't for every other toon being worse than it.

Exactly. Look at the new Cody. His total HP is so low that even with HP mods it'll be difficult to keep him up in an arena. A fully modded Rey can 1-shot him. Heck, a max gear Rey without mods might be able to get close to a 1-shot with offense up. But if you can keep him alive for 2 turns he can wreck face too.
  • Sparrow wrote: »
    Good thing we have this thread, and it is so refreshing to see responses from the CM @EA_Jesse here appearing so regularly. Keep up the strong effort and we will get there for sure.

I'm hopeful that somebody is following it and tracking what's happening because otherwise somebody would have close it by now as it's completely off-track.
  • hhooo wrote: »

But then you run into the problem of invalidating gear, no? And if you just keep the absolute values to boost low from wrecking the game like the original mods did, then you're right back to where you were with the percentages. The % keeps gear relevant, otherwise it's a free-for-all with characters. Each character has a specific role and should have weaknesses. The dev team should fix underutilized characters to be more competitive rather than rely on mods to improve them; that's nothing more than a band-aid to the problem.

Not exactly - gear can be completely valid IF the amount of stat boost given by a mod is similar to a level of gear. The problem with the initial release was that mods were so vastly overpowered compared to all other forms of leveling. If that remained true, % based upgrades would be the only way to retain utility for other progression forms. As it stands now (post mod nerf), flat values can work, and would allow you to cover toon weaknesses more effectively than a % boost.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    hhooo wrote: »

Of course it doesn't invalidate gear. The gear still does everything it advertises. But I think we'd all admit that the gear system in the game is an absolute dumpster fire in terms of organization and stat distribution. Flat boosts help to normalize stats some. There's nothing interesting, fun, or "customizable" about Rey getting the best boost from an offense mod because she hits the hardest. There's not a choice to be made.

Yes, characters have weaknesses. The trouble is that lots of characters have tons of weaknesses, and very few characters have very few weaknesses. We're not talking about something that would make Plo Koon hit as hard as IG-88 and be as fast a Geonosian soldier. We're talking about something that would make a couple more characters useful in a synergy squad here and there. Would the meta really change that much if Rey only gained 9 speed from a speed mod, but JKG gained 29? (+50 speed, minus 25% base speed, for example). No, not much breaks, but a few guys hanging out on the edges of viability might get that little push they need to make an appearance.

And of course it would be better if the devs would fix awful characters instead of this. But it isn't happening. I'd much prefer a way to do it somewhat on our own, instead of no adjustment at all.

And what's wrong with a free for all? would you not like it if more than 10 different characters saw arena play? I'd like nothing more than to see some variety in arena. Character balance in this game is a nightmare, and absolutely anything that addresses it would be considered a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. Some characters are so bad they don't even help much in GW. That should not be the case.
  • Hi Jesse, I am just curious about the reason why there is no compensate for all the credit and crystals (used for purchasing extra cantina energy) we had spent on mods before nerfing.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016

Of course it doesn't invalidate gear. The gear still does everything it advertises. But I think we'd all admit that the gear system in the game is an absolute dumpster fire in terms of organization and stat distribution. Flat boosts help to normalize stats some. There's nothing interesting, fun, or "customizable" about Rey getting the best boost from an offense mod because she hits the hardest. There's not a choice to be made.

Yes, characters have weaknesses. The trouble is that lots of characters have tons of weaknesses, and very few characters have very few weaknesses. We're not talking about something that would make Plo Koon hit as hard as IG-88 and be as fast a Geonosian soldier. We're talking about something that would make a couple more characters useful in a synergy squad here and there. Would the meta really change that much if Rey only gained 9 speed from a speed mod, but JKG gained 29? (+50 speed, minus 25% base speed, for example). No, not much breaks, but a few guys hanging out on the edges of viability might get that little push they need to make an appearance.

And of course it would be better if the devs would fix awful characters instead of this. But it isn't happening. I'd much prefer a way to do it somewhat on our own, instead of no adjustment at all.

And what's wrong with a free for all? would you not like it if more than 10 different characters saw arena play? I'd like nothing more than to see some variety in arena. Character balance in this game is a nightmare, and absolutely anything that addresses it would be considered a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. Some characters are so bad they don't even help much in GW. That should not be the case.

It depends on how it's introduced but the original version did invalidate gear. Instead of all this variety in characters that people want to talk about, it was still the same old meta only now Rey hit harder and had 70k HP, 5's had over 100K HP and can pop-off 10k crits; it was just silly. I honestly don't care if it's % based or value based as long as it's reasonable and somehow keeps the integrity of the characters strengths and weaknesses. Yes, some characters suck way way more than others, I totally agree, but stronger mods are not the answer, stronger mods are a band-aid to the problem and not a real solution. The real solution is CG dev's improving them like they did JKA and they did a really nice job with his kit.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    I do want to say that a few new characters did become much more viable with the old mods, largely on the back of the potency and crit chance mods. My shard had quite a few new characters in the arena those few days. Lando, Luke, Plo Koon, Tarkin, and Dengar all made appearances in the top 20. But yes, something more than one character review every six weeks would be the best answer.
This discussion has been closed.