Character Strategy - Dengar

2Next

Replies

• They just don't do jack mate they are making their cash and will do the bare minimum to make more cash, not fix issues. I feel one capable person could solve every issue fairly quickly, but lets be honest they don't care enough to sort all their games out, we are here to be milked. It is what it is. Can only hope that they fix him and make him OP - i don't know if hell be any good for raids or anything else but I'm just gonna farm him anyway - dengar dengar dengar i just like saying it, what a name. i like saying that I'm desperately farming him and have dengue fever, i like his style and how he threatens dirt naps, i like his rag head, i like his special animation, i love him on battlefront, i just have dengue fever end of.
  • someones got a big fat broner!

EA doesn't make games anymore, just dairy farms with a different label.
  • Aarcher
    138 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse dengar's tenacity down does not work as described. It says that once applied tenacity down will cause the target to never resist negative status effects.

However having tested it, the tenacity down debuff is never resisted, and once you apply it, negative status effects are still frequently resisted.

Is this a mistake? Is tenacity down supposed to make all debuffs stick? or is it supposed to only make debuffs more likely to stick

Would love some comment about this - either the text of the skill is wrong or its yet another bug
    942-122-371
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    The text has been fixed in the latest patch i believe. There is a base irreducible 15% resist which tenacity down does not negate.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Josh_K wrote: »
    The text has been fixed in the latest patch i believe. There is a base irreducible 15% resist which tenacity down does not negate.

Why is there a base resist at all? Doesn't make any sense
  • Because they don't know what the **** they're doing with this game.
  • Because if you didn't have base resistance, you would be able to solo the T7 raid with Dengar instead of just getting to phase 4
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    With this team composition it seams my damage is hovers around 1 million against rancor. Maybe is bad RNG. Teebo (l), ES, TR, QGJ, and Deengar. (This is for T6 since my Deengar is only 6*) Teebo is slightly moded to above 130 speed so it will go before rancor. Except for Teebo that's gear 10, all other toons are gear 8-9.

Any thoughts on how to improve score with out Rex? Maybe switching QGJ or TR for DPS? Or assist character?
  • Rotor wrote: »
    With this team composition it seams my damage is hovers around 1 million against rancor. Maybe is bad RNG. Teebo (l), ES, TR, QGJ, and Deengar. (This is for T6 since my Deengar is only 6*) Teebo is slightly moded to above 130 speed so it will go before rancor. Except for Teebo that's gear 10, all other toons are gear 8-9.

Any thoughts on how to improve score with out Rex? Maybe switching QGJ or TR for DPS? Or assist character?

Teebo might need potency mods.
    Same for QGJ.
    Do you have omegas on them on basic?
    Do you have everyone's relevant abilities level 7 or omega?

I get about 2.5 mil on T6 with this team: Teebo (L), QGJ, Yoda, Chewie (equivalent to TR), and 5s.

On paper, your team looks better than mine because Dengar gives tenacity down - the key to landing turn meter reduction. You need to give more stats than gear to try to solve your score. Seems like it should be higher as is.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Potency is about 40% across the board, but Dengar should negate the potency issue. All have omega on basic and QGJ omega on his special that heals.

My only gripe is TS, ES, QGJ for what I could gather is it doesn't always show resist when they don't negate TM. I do know is porcentage based but still wondering how reliable they are for TM control. That's why I was wondering if anyone had tried something similar.
  • l2edLeader
    87 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I was very disappointed with Degnar's performance in the raid. He should be a primo character offering speed down, tenacity down and an assist call on a debuffed enemy.

The first issue is that he has to score a critical hit to even apply tenacity down and then it has a chance to be resisted. Second if he is resisted on the speed down it is too long a wait to try again.

When I did get it to land I found the tenacity down lacking. Not sure how much it actually brings it down but my Teebo and QGJ did not land noticeably more TM reductions. I was expecting a TM reduction nirvana. I don't have any exact stats but I ran two T6 raids and was about 1 mil under what I was scoring with CC in his place on phase 1.

The assist was cool a couple of times when Degnar was called for an assist and he called in another assist off of his basic.
    Post edited by l2edLeader on
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Rotor wrote: »

I would replace TR with EE, if you have him. Ewok Elder will give Teebo and Ewok Scout more TM, making them go more often.

Currently, I use Teebo (L), EE, QGJ, Phasma, STHan, and sometimes HRScout. working on Dengar and ES right now to replace Phasma and STHan. I'll always hit 1.5mil, have hit 2.5mil on tier 6. Phasma works for "oh dang he resisted, better Victory March to get another turn in before he eats me".

replacing Phasma or STHan with Dengar will happen first, see how it goes.
  • Rotor wrote: »

I would replace TR with EE, if you have him. Ewok Elder will give Teebo and Ewok Scout more TM, making them go more often.

Currently, I use Teebo (L), EE, QGJ, Phasma, STHan, and sometimes HRScout. working on Dengar and ES right now to replace Phasma and STHan. I'll always hit 1.5mil, have hit 2.5mil on tier 6. Phasma works for "oh dang he resisted, better Victory March to get another turn in before he eats me".

replacing Phasma or STHan with Dengar will happen first, see how it goes.

I would keep phasma and replace sth if i were you.
    Phasma def/spd down help alot for keeping rancor slow and heavier hits on him. If ya have approx 70%+ potency then ya got it made. If lower then dengar sounds like he is the fourth key char to have.
    Teebs, qgj, phasma are essential. I use ee and rey for my last two spots on raids. Rey does 1mil+ alone ea time.
  • Question, does potency affect Dengar calling an assist on his basic?
  • Question, does potency affect Dengar calling an assist on his basic?
    No, potency vs tenacity only comes into play when applying negative status-effect or tm-down to opponent's toons.
  • Has anybody found a use for Dengar in arena yet?
  • I've seen a video on youtube where this guy solo'ed T7 because of Dengar. IIRC his team was Teebo lead, Tusken, QGJ, Dengar and Ewok Scout.
  • I have a question regarding this ability:

BASIC Attack – Target Spotted:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target is suffering from any negative effects, there is a 40% chance to call an Ally to assist.

Do DoT count as a negative effect and therefore can trigger the assist ?
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Sgc8647 wrote: »
    I have a question regarding this ability:

Do DoT count as a negative effect and therefore can trigger the assist ?

Yes, just as a note. you don't need potency to apply the tenacity down either, so load him with crit chance mods.
  • Thank you for your answer Gunff
  • I just uploaded my character review of Dengar:

Dengar is one of the few Bounty Hunters in the game and as such, is a Scoundrel. His value is found in his abilities, as his stats definitely do not set him apart from other characters in this game.

His basic attack has a chance to call allies to assist if the target is suffering from any negative status effects, which also guarantees a critical strike if the assisting ally is also a scoundrel. This makes Greedo and IG-88 very attractive candidates for squad mates of Dengar. His special attacks are even better, with his first special having a possible Speed Down effect and a Stun built in along side a decent amount of damage. His second special ability is where Dengar really shines, though. His Mini Mine Mayhem wreaks havoc on his enemies based on how many critical strikes it scores. This factor makes Captain Phasma a very useful addition to your squad with Dengar. Her Victory March will ensure a 100% critical strike, inflicting all effects on all enemies.

Leaders to consider with Dengar include Lando for his speed and crit damage boost, IG-88 for his critical chance bonus, Jedi Knight Anakin for his offense up and advantage on enemy evades which can also guarantee a 100% crit on Mini Mine Mayhem, and Boba Fett, who can boost his crit damage and also grant crit chance.

Dengar has a specialized kit of abilities which make him useful in various situations, but not a "catch-all" character who will be a staple presence in your squads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gjAwhSRp48
  • any role for dengar in tank raid?
  • Does anyone else think that TIE Fighter Pilot makes Dengar pretty irrelevant now? TIE is much more versatile and has tenacity down on basic compared to special with long cooldown.
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that TIE Fighter Pilot makes Dengar pretty irrelevant now? TIE is much more versatile and has tenacity down on basic compared to special with long cooldown.

No. dengar can also stun and call an assist off basic. Plus he has more hp
  • In addition dengars tenacity debuff lasts three turns on omega which means it sticks when door goes up if applied during topple. Dengar gains stealth too so he tends to survive rancor fight longer with this and his bigger HP pool. TFP not a bad option tho if you don't wanna watch dengar not show up in the guild store while you farm him. :)
  • Well, I have both 7*, and I would like the resources back that I sunk into Dengar. Even with crit chance mods, his tenacity down only lands 1 out of 3 or 4 tries. His slow is also as unreliable.
  • any role for him in tank raid? presuming boba lead
  • I have better luck than you I guess. If his tenacity down misses first attempt I retreat and try again until it does, once it's on all you have to do is keep re-applying it once the rancor has a turn. If you miss you'll likely get another shot or two before it completely falls off to re-apply it depending on how well teebo is holding stealth. No way was it a waste of resources IMO as he also plays a good role in scoundrel events / heists and crit chance mod challenge.

As far as AAT goes I don't use him except in a C squad attack with other scoundrels. TM just doesn't do much in tank raid and only sorta "works" in p1/p3. Jawa and Droid squads seem to be the way to go in AAT - or high powered wiggs teams, but I don't run wiggs personally.
  • Dengar works spectacularly with Captain Phasma or even JKA leads to get advantage for guaranteed TD.