Message from the CM

Replies

• Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    ItsWedge wrote: »
    hhooo wrote: »
    Krey wrote: »

The mods with a flat speed number as the primary are really strong.

Every primary, secondary, and set bonus should be a percentage so it scales with gear. The absolute values are crazy and so random. Honestly, in my opinion the type of Mod should only provide that stat. For example, an HP Mod should improve HP and not have secondary speed stats. Especially not huge speed values that can make Old Ben the fastest character in the game. LOL. I'm not sure why people say Mods aren't useful. Characters are boosted pretty well by Mods.

Percentages instead of flat boosts are bad for the meta. It only solidifies using the fastest, strongest, and tankiest characters as of now. Flat boosts would be a step in the right direction, but inverse percentages would be the best, especially for speed.

But then you run into the problem of invalidating gear, no? And if you just keep the absolute values to boost low from wrecking the game like the original mods did, then you're right back to where you were with the percentages. The % keeps gear relevant, otherwise it's a free-for-all with characters. Each character has a specific role and should have weaknesses. The dev team should fix underutilized characters to be more competitive rather than rely on mods to improve them; that's nothing more than a band-aid to the problem.

Not exactly - gear can be completely valid IF the amount of stat boost given by a mod is similar to a level of gear. The problem with the initial release was that mods were so vastly overpowered compared to all other forms of leveling. If that remained true, % based upgrades would be the only way to retain utility for other progression forms. As it stands now (post mod nerf), flat values can work, and would allow you to cover toon weaknesses more effectively than a % boost.

But how far should a character's weakness be boosted? Should it be to the point where it's no longer a weakness? Take for instance an example I used earlier with Old Ben. Mind Tricks is a great ability and he's challenging to kill as a leader. He's balanced by his slow speed and weak physical damage. Should we be able to make him as fast as Rey or faster? Should we be able to make him hit harder, hard enough to be meaningful? If we make a character's weaknesses strengths and their strengths even stronger then we lose balance in the game. It's just my opinion of course. I've been playing video-RPG style games since early DND games on the Commodore 64 and I believe all characters / characters classes should have strengths and weaknesses to maintain balance. Again, just my opinion, but nothing can be said to change that.

• hhooo
    656 posts Member

Every primary, secondary, and set bonus should be a percentage so it scales with gear. The absolute values are crazy and so random. Honestly, in my opinion the type of Mod should only provide that stat. For example, an HP Mod should improve HP and not have secondary speed stats. Especially not huge speed values that can make Old Ben the fastest character in the game. LOL. I'm not sure why people say Mods aren't useful. Characters are boosted pretty well by Mods.

Percentages instead of flat boosts are bad for the meta. It only solidifies using the fastest, strongest, and tankiest characters as of now. Flat boosts would be a step in the right direction, but inverse percentages would be the best, especially for speed.

But then you run into the problem of invalidating gear, no? And if you just keep the absolute values to boost low from wrecking the game like the original mods did, then you're right back to where you were with the percentages. The % keeps gear relevant, otherwise it's a free-for-all with characters. Each character has a specific role and should have weaknesses. The dev team should fix underutilized characters to be more competitive rather than rely on mods to improve them; that's nothing more than a band-aid to the problem.

Not exactly - gear can be completely valid IF the amount of stat boost given by a mod is similar to a level of gear. The problem with the initial release was that mods were so vastly overpowered compared to all other forms of leveling. If that remained true, % based upgrades would be the only way to retain utility for other progression forms. As it stands now (post mod nerf), flat values can work, and would allow you to cover toon weaknesses more effectively than a % boost.

But how far should a character's weakness be boosted? Should it be to the point where it's no longer a weakness? Take for instance an example I used earlier with Old Ben. Mind Tricks is a great ability and he's challenging to kill as a leader. He's balanced by his slow speed and weak physical damage. Should we be able to make him as fast as Rey or faster? Should we be able to make him hit harder, hard enough to be meaningful? If we make a character's weaknesses strengths and their strengths even stronger then we lose balance in the game. It's just my opinion of course. I've been playing video-RPG style games since early DND games on the Commodore 64 and I believe all characters / characters classes should have strengths and weaknesses to maintain balance. Again, just my opinion, but nothing can be said to change that.

But the other thing at play here is that he's not the only one getting mods. If old Ben is stacking speed and offense, and Rey is stacking speed and offense, Rey is still going to vastly outperform him in the same role. Mods don't exist in a vacuum. My thing with inverse percentages is that they could help to make characters who have effectively zero strengths develop at least one.
  • hhooo wrote: »

But the other thing at play here is that he's not the only one getting mods. If old Ben is stacking speed and offense, and Rey is stacking speed and offense, Rey is still going to vastly outperform him in the same role. Mods don't exist in a vacuum. My thing with inverse percentages is that they could help to make characters who have effectively zero strengths develop at least one.

If that's the case for Rey, which of course you do see, then why have the original form of Mods? Using the same example, if Rey and other DPS are being given Speed and Offense and then you start giving Darth Maul HP and Speed, then are we not still in the same situation? We've exponentially improve already solid characters up with larger Mods and took very poor characters like Darth Maul or Plo Koon and made them exponentially better but relative to meta characters like Rey and QGJ they would still suck. So what's the point? Why have it then? If I increase Rey's damage and speed by 20% and increase Plo Koon's speed and damage by 20%, he's still not any more relevant because relative to the "good" characters the difference is still the same.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member

The real solution is CG dev's improving them like they did JKA and they did a really nice job with his kit.

JKA is a BEAST now after the rework.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Hi would it be possible to add more information on previous raid scores? Like a separate area for stats on previous scores and previous positions so we can see our improvements etc. Also any chance of seeing on current raids how many goes each person has taken? Exchange system is good but how about one for mods aswell?

Many thanks Kristian
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member

If that's the case for Rey, which of course you do see, then why have the original form of Mods? Using the same example, if Rey and other DPS are being given Speed and Offense and then you start giving Darth Maul HP and Speed, then are we not still in the same situation? We've exponentially improve already solid characters up with larger Mods and took very poor characters like Darth Maul or Plo Koon and made them exponentially better but relative to meta characters like Rey and QGJ they would still suck. So what's the point? Why have it then? If I increase Rey's damage and speed by 20% and increase Plo Koon's speed and damage by 20%, he's still not any more relevant because relative to the "good" characters the difference is still the same.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Percentage mods do nothing to change the game.

If you implement mods with inverse percentages and apply them to Rey and Plo, the follwing could happen:

Rey, 2349 base offense, 164 base speed.

Apply (50 speed, -25% base speed) mod = +9 Speed

Apply (400 offense, -15% base offense) mod = +48 Offense

Plo Koon, 1813 base offense, 114 base speed.

Apply (50 speed, -25% base speed) mod = +22 Speed

Apply (400 offense, -15% base offense) mod = +128 Offense

We end up with:

Rey, 2397 offense, 173 speed

Plo Koon, 1941 offense, 136 speed

With Plo Koon's AOE, offense down, and basic dispel, there is now more of a choice to make. Rey would still likely be on most teams, but Plo Koon may replace QGJ, for example on some squads. Let's go over QGJ:

QGJ, base 2086 offense, base 145 speed.

Apply (50 speed, -25% base speed) mod = +14 Speed

Apply (400 offense, -15% base offense) mod = +87 Offense

End stats: 159 speed, 2173 offense.

So you're choosing between those stats (now less drastically different) and the added utility of having Plo's kit.

The numbers don't need to be exactly that on mods, but mods should make there be more options for arena teams. Not fewer.

And to clarify: Yes, the best possible solution would be a character review every 3 weeks or so. But we don't need to kid ourselves and pretend that will happen.
  • ItsWedge wrote: »

My only point is that flat increases (via mods) can work (and are better than %) as long as they aren't outclassing other progression systems. Whether that actually does much to affect the meta...not sure. I think it at least gives you more choice and ways to experiment - with primary stats as % based there's no decision.
  • hhooo wrote: »

That's exactly what I'm saying. Percentage mods do nothing to change the game.

If you implement mods with inverse percentages and apply them to Rey and Plo, the follwing could happen:

Rey, 2349 base offense, 164 base speed.

Apply (50 speed, -25% base speed) mod = +9 Speed

Apply (400 offense, -15% base offense) mod = +48 Offense

Plo Koon, 1813 base offense, 114 base speed.

Apply (50 speed, -25% base speed) mod = +22 Speed

Apply (400 offense, -15% base offense) mod = +128 Offense

We end up with:

Rey, 2397 offense, 173 speed

Plo Koon, 1941 offense, 136 speed

With Plo Koon's AOE, offense down, and basic dispel, there is now more of a choice to make. Rey would still likely be on most teams, but Plo Koon may replace QGJ, for example on some squads. Let's go over QGJ:

QGJ, base 2086 offense, base 145 speed.

Apply (50 speed, -25% base speed) mod = +14 Speed

Apply (400 offense, -15% base offense) mod = +87 Offense

End stats: 159 speed, 2173 offense.

So you're choosing between those stats (now less drastically different) and the added utility of having Plo's kit.

The numbers don't need to be exactly that on mods, but mods should make there be more options for arena teams. Not fewer.

And to clarify: Yes, the best possible solution would be a character review every 3 weeks or so. But we don't need to kid ourselves and pretend that will happen.

+*10000000 this would be so much better and easier to balance for devs
  • So when is the next update?
  • Taniwha
    120 posts Member
    79903e6781b23332416ba3c94cb8c090.jpg
  • Taniwha wrote: »
    79903e6781b23332416ba3c94cb8c090.jpg

Priceless!.... well done.
  • Im actually really surprised that they ( @EA_Jesse ) have gone radio silent on this.

It is not a good sign at all and I for one would love to hear how they plan to fix the current state of Mods which are crappy and worthless now, and extremely expensive to level.

Secondly, there were a lot of us, me and most of my guild mates included (shout out to my BEARS!) that went ALL in on mods the moment they were released. We feel as if we have been sold something that was changed so dramatically from what was purchased. Now I will not speak for anyone but myself here ... thats just WRONG; and whats worse is that we are not hearing ANYTHING in regards to what may or may not happen in the future.

Would i love to be compensated for all of this.... YES. Does that mean i want every Credit, Crystal, Energy I spent... NO i know thats not realistic, and will never happen. I do think something needs to be SAID and DONE however and the silence is only making frustrated games more frustrated.

Throw us a bone here.

• SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    I don't think that mods were just the only issue. It was the implementation which managed to alienate P2P and F2P community simultaneously. Re-earn the trust @EA_Jesse.
  • This is nothing new. They will reprimand you for having any opinion. Then they will say things are now working fine. Ignoring all the people stating otherwise.

Barris, Poe, Pre craft, Vader shards, speed change, guild hopping... On and on and on with the epic failures.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    This is nothing new. They will reprimand you for having any opinion. Then they will say things are now working fine. Ignoring all the people stating otherwise.

Barris, Poe, Pre craft, Vader shards, speed change, guild hopping... On and on and on with the epic failures.

and don't forget the tire fire that is GW!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    masters wrote: »
    Then they try and claim they wouldn't have spent the money if they new the mods were going to get nerfed. I call bull*.

You DO realize, that some mods had their stats changed completely, right? Not just a nerf of the values but also f.ex. a change to the primary stat to defense from some other stat. That actually matters.

• Waqui wrote: »
    Then they try and claim they wouldn't have spent the money if they new the mods were going to get nerfed. I call bull*.

You DO realize, that some mods had their stats changed completely, right? Not just a nerf of the values but also f.ex. a change to the primary stat to defense from some other stat. That actually matters.

Exactly..... I had some pretty good mk6 Mods that I received in a raid reward that were COMPLETELY changed in every way THEN nerfed down to mk5..... that had ALREADY been leveled up to 15.... so when they were changed to something completely worthless I was out all the credits that it took to level them.

IT MATTERS.

• Olle
    501 posts Member
    Thorzhamer wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Exactly..... I had some pretty good mk6 Mods that I received in a raid reward that were COMPLETELY changed in every way THEN nerfed down to mk5..... that had ALREADY been leveled up to 15.... so when they were changed to something completely worthless I was out all the credits that it took to level them.

IT MATTERS.

**** I'd be pisssed
  • WhaleKiller1
    517 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Thorzhamer wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

IT MATTERS.

The health mods that were originally over 6k HP and then changed to 5.88% are an example of a big change.

I leveled a 6K+ health mod for a toon that had 11k base health. It was changed to 5.88%, so now it only gives 646 HP to that particular toon instead of 6000.

NO, not under any circumstances, would I spend hundreds of thousands of credits for an extra 646 HP. Rey could drop a bead of sweat on a toon and take off twice that much. It's not enough difference for that many credits.

They need to return our credits and let us choose what to level after the changes.

@EA_Jesse
  • Please give us a credit event that we can play everyday. Keycard battles are good but you took it away, i dont know why (i actually know). This scoundrel event should help obtain credit but i dont know how its going to help us if its going pop up once every blue moon.
  • B3N_K3NOB1 wrote: »
    Please give us a credit event that we can play everyday. Keycard battles are good but you took it away, i dont know why (i actually know). This scoundrel event should help obtain credit but i dont know how its going to help us if its going pop up once every blue moon.

and thats only good if you invest in Scoundrels.... ill pass for the most part. ( this isnt Pokemon, i do NOT have to have them all )

• zaphod
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Correct me if I'm wrong, (having two heads does not mean more brain, actually, it's kinda a share and share alike kinda thing) but when we got our marvelous chewyable shards, did it not say "here is 20, 10 more on the way"? I never saw 10 more. Anyone else? Also, I have to wonder if radio silence has anything to do with the reassurance that there is no credit crunch because I can sell the same mod that costs 300k for 2100. How do you walk it back from that? Answer? You can't. Therefore the enjoyable silence you now hear has been brought to you by the number 42 and the letter y.

Zap out

B)B)
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    zaphod wrote: »
    Also, I have to wonder if radio silence has anything to do with the reassurance that there is no credit crunch because I can sell the same mod that costs 300k for 2100.

They're secretly merging with GameStop.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Don't make credits so hard to get, you have everything dependent on credits and release more content - then make that also dependent on credits.
    SodenBowl.com
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Stealth buff to mod challenge cantina coins. Tier 3 is 28 coins for the 16 energy spent and tier 1 is now 17. TY!
  • B3N_K3NOB1 wrote: »
    Please give us a credit event that we can play everyday. Keycard battles are good but you took it away, i dont know why (i actually know). This scoundrel event should help obtain credit but i dont know how its going to help us if its going pop up once every blue moon.

+1
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    So when can we expect more communications from you EAJesse? Serious feedback here
This discussion has been closed.