edited January 2016
Is he worth it to keep investing in?

Replies

• Ok
  • pay2win wrote: »
    Ok

"Is he" its a yes no question
  • Darth Maul is a solid Jedi killer.
    There's numerous threads already in existence with details on him, use the "Search" feature.
  • Be better if he was farmable.
    Mine's been stuck at 4* since the second day I started playing. I don't shell out for Chromium cards anymore.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • If you're courageous enough to take him up to 7*, then yes. His AoE hits VERY hard at that point. And to be clear, I don't have him, but I did face a 7* Maul a few weeks back in PvP that wiped most of my team's health in one hit (found it quite funny actually). But he is a glass cannon, and there's a good chance he might not even get a chance to fight in PvP :open_mouth:
  • Boba (L)
    Cad Bane
    Maul
    Poe
    Han/lumi

I've been playing around with and it absolutely destroys any Jedi team.
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Maul is full on beast mode. Glassy, but beast mode.

That said, after about 53-54 (depending on your leaderboard) he becomes less than stellar due to the difficulty to star him up as at that point stars started to matter (a lot of purple toons start showing up in arena so just purpling him doesn't offset enough). Sadly, I had to put him away recently due to this.

A 7* Maul is a dream of mine but given he is chromium only he's a $2k toon, basically.

For PvE content he can still be quite valuable though.
  • The glass effect goes away somewhat when you level up his unique ability and he self heals for any attack. Just need to star him up, I love my Maul
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    7* almost lv VIII gear Maul here. He's nothing short of amazing. Once he starts killing stuff he doesn't stop. If he manages to stop one Jedi character, the rest are doomed. He gains ATK and Crit % up. Seen him crit Mace for 11K, move on to crit Lumi for 9K and then QGJ for 10K. By then there were no Jedi left so I just popped his AOE on the remaining two toons. :P
  • Funny, i have 4 and 5 star almost every single character of note in the game. But not a single Maul shard. =/
  • Funny, i have 4 and 5 star almost every single character of note in the game. But not a single Maul shard. =/

He is Chromium pack only. You can get a shard or the whole toon as a 4*. After that just shards but only from packs. So, mega expensive to buff up.
    Nonemo wrote: »
    7* almost lv VIII gear Maul here. He's nothing short of amazing. Once he starts killing stuff he doesn't stop. If he manages to stop one Jedi character, the rest are doomed. He gains ATK and Crit % up. Seen him crit Mace for 11K, move on to crit Lumi for 9K and then QGJ for 10K. By then there were no Jedi left so I just popped his AOE on the remaining two toons. :P

I figured as much. His Jedi wrecking ability is second to none. I LOVE him so much and I'm so sad I can't play him now. It actually really soured me on the game quite a bit. I actually skipped an arena push the other day over it. Just wasn't motivated to play.