Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    I think he just meant it's really hard...
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    But seriously, once you get to 80 with some good toons it's about 30 mins to finish, max.

The credits are ok but at 80, 500k doesn't go very far.

• Doesnt matter, GW is beyond broken unless you too are a whale like the final 4-5 teams you'll end up facing. Its a farce, the Devs should be ashamaed of themselves for the utter pile of steaming crap GW is right now. I want to smash my phone every time I get to the final 3 nodes, that's not fun. I have many 7 star level 80s and I've been able to complete GW once since the mods came into play. Complaints after complaints and the Devs do nothing. Any other job you'd be fired for this lack of effort.
  • You don't have to be a whale... you just need to have started playing earlier. Give it time and I'm pretty sure you will get there too
  • "Those who cannot hear an angry shout may strain to hear a whisper."

We've shouted, now it's time for our silence.

• Today it's the 3rd day in a row I get to the 12th node without loosing a toon. Actually today I lost RG on the 11th, but all other toons were full life and protection except the top squad which was full life and no protection. Both my top squads are 7* and 80 (except one who is 70).
    On the 12th node, my two top squads have been massacred before I could even finish removing protection on the first toon of the opponent team.
    It's not challenging, it's just impossible and frustrating.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Evilpickle wrote: »
    The issue is that they want people to use different teams to win these "challenging" nodes. That's fine, but the problem is I don't have a maxed out group that would be ideal to win that node. I have one or two maxed groups.

If they want to make it challenging and force people to learn new team dynamics and ways of putting groups together then give everyone the same maxed out characters in GW. Doesn't matter if you are level 10 or 80. You get every character available. If I got to play with characters that I don't currently have, but I really like them and how they do when maxed out, I might be more willing to put more time into acquiring them.

this is a superb idea.

@EA_Jesse if you move quickly enough on this, you can take credit for it.
  • I hate, hate, hate gw now!! Please fix it.
  • I've been lucky enough to complete GW so far. But it's frustrating to do. I have no fun doing it and need to do it to try and get the credits I need to level toons, gear and mods. It needs to be addressed and fixed. I shouldn't need to spend 30+ minutes on ONE node to complete.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Doesnt matter, GW is beyond broken unless you too are a whale like the final 4-5 teams you'll end up facing. Its a farce, the Devs should be ashamaed of themselves for the utter pile of steaming **** GW is right now. I want to smash my phone every time I get to the final 3 nodes, that's not fun. I have many 7 star level 80s and I've been able to complete GW once since the mods came into play. Complaints after complaints and the Devs do nothing. Any other job you'd be fired for this lack of effort.

Not you don't need to be a whale to finish GW, most of the top tier characters are f2p and will allow you to finish GW in 30 minutes or less. Farm up those characters and reap the rewards :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    RE: 30 minutes or less

if you're lvl 80, prove it
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    dough wrote: »
    RE: 30 minutes or less

if you're lvl 80, prove it

Being level 80 isn't that impressive, it's all about your power level and roster composition
    With the roster I have, I complete it under 30 minutes more often than not
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Another day, another impossible Level 9 battle in GW. If they up the reward by 100k overall, but on average I only finish 9 or 10 battles, I am actually losing between 30k and 100k/day.

It's a clever ruse by the developers to say we've upped the rewards. Since it is technically true, but over time you will actually get less because of how much you can complete.

And, I'm not sure where the 13% number came from in terms of the expectation that that percentage of people shouldn't be able to complete on a daily basis, but I can tell you, I am about 1 for 35, so around 3% completion since the changes.

The fundamental problem is that difficulty appears to go up exponentially based on your squads power. Maybe I'm wrong, but the fact that at least a small subset of the population seems to complete fairly regularly leads me to believe there is a big problem with the algorithm for choosing opponents.

And, from a game design perspective, that is a big mistake. Imagine playing another game where the power of your computer generated opponents escalated at or above the rate of your increase in strength. Over time, you would choose to stop playing because you would realize that the it's a "cheat" by the developers to keep people playing the same old content rather than creating new content to take on.

They will likely realize it too late to save the game though, which is sad.

• dough wrote: »
    Evilpickle wrote: »
    The issue is that they want people to use different teams to win these "challenging" nodes. That's fine, but the problem is I don't have a maxed out group that would be ideal to win that node. I have one or two maxed groups.

If they want to make it challenging and force people to learn new team dynamics and ways of putting groups together then give everyone the same maxed out characters in GW. Doesn't matter if you are level 10 or 80. You get every character available. If I got to play with characters that I don't currently have, but I really like them and how they do when maxed out, I might be more willing to put more time into acquiring them.

this is a superb idea.

@EA_Jesse if you move quickly enough on this, you can take credit for it.

Thanks. I can't count the number of characters that I've taken the time to aquire, gear out and level only to find out that they suck and I should have spent the energy and resources on someone else.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Don't forget you can actually charge turnmeter in the early nodes of gw. For example start with A-team node one, node 2 change to B-team, node 3 change to C-team. And then continue with your regular team. You now have 3 teams charged with turnmeter.

I dont like the change. But this is just a tip to ease gw

Yeah, but don't spread it. When everyone finally figures out they have been sitting on the short bus, and that it is actually easy to beat a 7k higher maxed meta team on node 12, everyone will finish GW.

And EA will tweak it, again.
  • GW is even more ridiculous since the retune and mod release. I understand that it's supposed to be difficult, but not impossible! I've only been able to complete GW twice since the rework and with lots of luck where I didn't face a typical meta arena team on node 12 with either dukoo or old Ben lead, with Rey, and RG or STHan combo. Still took nearly my entire roster to finish those two.

Node 12 is so ridiculously impossible now. I can't even take out one character on the enemy team using my entire roster.

Please balance GW. It's not difficult, just impossible now!
  • A way to always win GW:
    1) start a new SWGOH account
    2) once you reach Arena level, put your weakest level 1, gear 1, mats 1 toons to Arena, play one round
    3) continue to farm the rest, never upgrade Arena team
    4) You're welcome!
  • GW makes me want to throw my phone and not play this game anymore. I don't know how that could be their intention, but that is the result.
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    It's not "difficult" its bloody impossible, you guys keep zapping the fun out of the game every time....that first day mods came out was the most fun I ever had playing and you quickly nerfed everything bleh...
  • Those 3* green gears of node 12 really make me sweat too. :|
  • Those 3* green gears of node 12 really make me sweat too. :|

Wasn't lucky enough to face that today
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    I'm up to 149 wins in GW. In the past few weeks I have only beat it once. One more victory gives me credits, crystals and Vader shards. Wish they would do something, I too am tired of it being impossible.
  • Yes, that is what I meant. I forget sometimes that mild exaggeration is verboten in posts.

I, like apparently thousands of others, am venting about the change that took away a key resource for me. I really liked the war the way it was. And like I said, I support the theory of the change, but not so much the product.
  • EA/CG is going to start charging per post here in the forum since this is where most of the players actually are.
  • Kracken
    81 posts Member
    Totally annoying, not a fan of a daily impossible mechanic. I'm lvl 68 facing lvl 76-80 7star maxed geared teams in GW....not fun to know I'm going to lose everyday....
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    GW Suggestion:

While I admit this may not currently be possible yet/now, what if instead of trying to make the GW all things for all levels, what if a another table was added like Cantina, etc has? Then the difficulty curve is not so severe, there would not be a need for such precarious algorithms, and focusing on other items would be possible. More tables could be added, perhaps monthly, giving everyone something to look forward to.

• The Galactic War has always been a challenge for me. I've been playing SWGOH every single day for nearly 8 months and have only completed the war 26 times. I often let it run through the battles using auto play while I'm at work, but that's my fault for being lazy, and so I certainly don't play Galactic War with expectation of completing.

However, since this latest tweak it has become literally impossible. I may lose one or two of my strongest team in the earlier rounds, but have lately found that by the end I am not getting a single turn.

Last week I lost 44 characters without a single opportunity to attack. I would select a new squad, press "Battle", put the phone down, then pick it up to see "defeat", and that's without auto play enabled.

Today I lost 63 (out of my 66) characters on the last round alone, only getting to make 5 single attacks across 12 squads of 5 characters, and even 2 of those were dodged by the opposing team. One round, I counted, and an opposing team destroyed my entire squad with 14 consecutive attacks, without my chance at a single attack. I get that a stronger team has a higher turn meter, but every opposing character averaging 2.8 opportunities before any of mine get one? Seriously?

If my character's injuries, cooldowns etc carry over on each attempt, why not the opposing side's too? Especially the turn meter?

I'm not asking for it to be made easier- just a fair fight that doesn't make me want to rage-quit something I've invested a lot of time into.
  • It could have been a fluke today was the first day in.....7 that I finished Galactic War
  • Vasa
    5 posts Member
    So, are you waiting for 100 pages on this thread before fixing it?