How to beat those overpowered GW teams at the last few nodes

My usual set-up for the last teams are

1. suicide squad just enough to elicit the taunt, AOEs, team attacks, high damage specials etc
2. bring in my arena team: Dooku (L) - jedi stun, RG (tank-stun), QGJ (debuff), Rey (Dmg), Phasma (TM, slow)

Now Im thinking of investing on my Daaka. Shes currently at gear 8 (I have a caller but havent equipped it yet) with an omega first attack and 75% potency. But I observe that she's not stunning as much now. Is it worth it to push through with her?

I can see a Dooku - RG - Daaka - QGJ - Rey/GS combo especially on the first few nodes to minimize casualties until the last nodes of torture.

Replies

• I find that the new GW and mod combo make using suicide squads a jenky proposal because you are giving TM to the opposing squad for when you bring in your main squad to fight them.

What I do instead is use every viable squad I have in earlier nodes to pre set their turn meter, but save their abilities. Then on the ridiculous nodes I come in with high utility players, ie Old Ben, Phasma or Poe ready to use their abilities right away. I combine them with high DPS characters and try to make sure my first attempt really counts in taking out their biggest threats. Then I clean up with the suicide squad.
  • What I do instead is use every viable squad I have in earlier nodes to pre set their turn meter,

WOW been playing since nov and only realized now that I can preset their turn meters! Thanks for the tip!

My suicide squads however are literally suicide (5*s, gear VIII etc) though I have a pretty deep Gear VIII+ 7*, around 20 I think? But I found that my arena team A and B (Gear IX onwards) are the only ones who can really hurt these whales.

Do you have any toons in particular to recommend that performs magically in GW?

Im thinking of finishing my barris to heal my toons on the first few nodes?

• May I know how do you "pre set their turn meters" ?
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Stuns are useful. I'm always grateful for Daka and RG. Although it might take a bit of trial and error to be able to get the stuns in the right order to be able to finish the fight.
  • chewonit wrote: »
    May I know how do you "pre set their turn meters" ?

You just put your main guys in early for 1 run then your b team in for 1 run. Save abilities, only use basic attacks. Then when you bring them in at the end, they will have full turn meters.
  • Coolll. That's an interesting way to tackle GW haha. Tks for the explanation!
  • Must have toons
    Daka-stun
    RG-stun
    Teebo-stealth
  • Must have toons
    Daka-stun
    RG-stun
    Teebo-stealth

I have a teebo for raid purposes! What's your set-up for GW?
  • it's actually quite simple, we don't. Just have to deal with it.
  • For myself, I run a couple teams through the first 10 battles, and save my high dps Droid team for the last couple to blast them down fast. It usually works for me that way.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    chewonit wrote: »
    May I know how do you "pre set their turn meters" ?

You just put your main guys in early for 1 run then your b team in for 1 run. Save abilities, only use basic attacks. Then when you bring them in at the end, they will have full turn meters.

Even better, run A/B team in node one, bench only the toons with full TM. Retreat and redo as necessary to end with favorable tm. Then repeat process in 2, putting in new toons to replace the ones u are now saving. You do not actually need a true synergy/meta team to beat first 5 nodes.

Even if not high gear, toons like phasma and poggle are great if they go first. They don't need any gear or Potency to give team buff. Also, better to lose all ur protection but have full TM and cooldown on these bench toons. If they lose 90 percent protection one hit in node 5, they are going to be ohko in later nodes anyway. Or blocked and two hit. At least they will get their special off when it counts if they have full TM and one health.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    What I do instead is use every viable squad I have in earlier nodes to pre set their turn meter,

WOW been playing since nov and only realized now that I can preset their turn meters! Thanks for the tip!

My suicide squads however are literally suicide (5*s, gear VIII etc) though I have a pretty deep Gear VIII+ 7*, around 20 I think? But I found that my arena team A and B (Gear IX onwards) are the only ones who can really hurt these whales.

This is why the GW whine is premature. A lot of people haven't tried this. Heck, I used to do it before the gw nerf, and it took a few days to remember it after getting used to easy mode.
  • i know how to retreat but that cancels the entire fight. How do you bench a particular hero?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    What I do instead is use every viable squad I have in earlier nodes to pre set their turn meter,

This is why the GW whine is premature. A lot of people haven't tried this. Heck, I used to do it before the gw nerf, and it took a few days to remember it after getting used to easy mode.

Premature is correct
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Merkaba70 wrote: »
    i know how to retreat but that cancels the entire fight. How do you bench a particular hero?
    I mean, before you click the last attack to win the battle, look at all your toons TM bar. The guy who attacks last is going to start the next fight with zero. Look at the other four. If none have good TM bar, retreat and try different attacks and/or sub different toons.

When you can end a battle with 2 toons with 80%+ TM, then go ahead and win the fight. Then bench them for the NEXT fight. Do this at least thru the easy first 5. Save up as many toons as you can before you get to 6.

Also in every battle in the harder nodes, I pay attention at the start to see which toons have decent TM and not on cooldown. If I need to swap out toons to get that stun to stick or assist to land, etc, I will preferentially sub out the good toons, first, to see if I can't win by messing with RNG, but also saving a decent toon for future battles, since I am putting in one of my charged toons that I was saving. Theres a good chance I might retreat in these later nodes, so it saves time to pay attention to that first round to see who's good, and who's not ready to rock.

There are countless ways to game GW and try to save time, once you sit down and think about it.
  • This is so true. I realized that some of the fights are way harder/easier depending on the TM of your toons.

I can usually predict my hardest nodes (8th-11th with 10th node a bit easier than the 4.) So now I try to prepare my toons TM before the 8th and refill the crucial ones at the 10th for the hardest 11th node battle.

It actually made GW more fun, like it's a different dynamics altogether. I am also utilizing more of my benches, but with overall less casualties (and frustrations). HAHA

Thanks guys! And daka rocks! The combo of Dooku-Daka-RG can disable an arena team if the stuns do land. Dooku for QGJ, Daka-RG for Rey and SThan.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Think of it like going against a t6 rancor with a bunch of g7/8 scrubs. Do u want 30 scrubs with full health and protection? 2 of ur toons might get one hit on the rancor.l before they are all dead.

5 scrubs that act first with a good combination ofnskills and dps will do more damage.