Star Wars EA Games Panel Speak - what's expected ahead

2Next

Replies

• I laughed at those actors that were playing the game while smiling. They must not have been playing GW.
  • I laughed at those actors that were playing the game while smiling. They must not have been playing GW.
    ahhaa
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    I laughed at those actors that were playing the game while smiling. They must not have been playing GW.

XD Last node... =)))
  • Anyone else notice that the top swgoh youtubers and streamers have been almost completely dark since the mod update? Some of these guys are certainly whales or connected to whale guilds. Has me worried that this game might be dead now and especially because there has been silence from EA and CG since their catastrophe on mods.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Anyone else notice that the top swgoh youtubers and streamers have been almost completely dark since the mod update? Some of these guys are certainly whales or connected to whale guilds. Has me worried that this game might be dead now and especially because there has been silence from EA and CG since their catastrophe on mods.

Summer time is always rough, lots of other activities keep everyone busy. At LordSkunk we should have the streams up and running consistently again starting next week.

LordRath
  • I believe player base communication was mentioned, yet here we are in the sound of silence.

When @EA_Jesse made the post about being civil he was met with rhetorics and slander from the community for "taking away freedom of speech," however he made good points in that post and did not deserve the response he got. For that I apologize. There have been a lot of good posts and comments on solutions, requests, and asking for communication, but what person would want to communicate to a group of people that just burned him at the stake?

Of course the silence could be a higher level telling them not to respond until their ducks are in a row, and that is indeed bad form. This is business, filler phrases are out there. Player communities need to know that they are being heard, this should not just be in the form of moderators censoring poorly thought out comments.

I ask you Jesse, @CG_JohnSalera to give the community some sort of comment other than tomorrow's weekly.
    I am the Reaper
  • Suikoden
    111 posts Member
    I believe player base communication was mentioned, yet here we are in the sound of silence.

When @EA_Jesse made the post about being civil he was met with rhetorics and slander from the community for "taking away freedom of speech," however he made good points in that post and did not deserve the response he got. For that I apologize. There have been a lot of good posts and comments on solutions, requests, and asking for communication, but what person would want to communicate to a group of people that just burned him at the stake?

Of course the silence could be a higher level telling them not to respond until their ducks are in a row, and that is indeed bad form. This is business, filler phrases are out there. Player communities need to know that they are being heard, this should not just be in the form of moderators censoring poorly thought out comments.

I ask you Jesse, @CG_JohnSalera to give the community some sort of comment other than tomorrow's weekly.

You're apologizing yet this is your first post?

Is this John?
  • streams died because game stopped working on bluestack
  • Bloodreaper
    206 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @Suikoden

It's an apology in general, some of us actually do that.

Yes this is my first post, been playing since December.
    I am the Reaper
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Thanks for sharing these vids... was wondering if it would all be on YouTube at some point.

Funny nobody has mentioned the two snapshots of R2-D2 and Wicket... they must be coming very soon for them to "leak" them in their PR material like that...
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.

Lol!!

• @Suikoden

It's an apology in general, some of us actually do that.

Yes this is my first post, been playing since December.

Can you apologize to my wife on my behalf for forgetting our anniversary? Lol, just kidding. I agree with your comment that we should be more civil in our remarks. However, the EA/CG folks aren't making their own lives easy are they?

Best advice I've been given is to create and communicate your own expectations and goals. This way you can succeed and exceed them. Else others will set them for you and you can only hope to fail less miserably.

In the case of this game, the communication has been sorely lacking. Its sporadic at best and in times of crisis its missing entirely. Players have responded most positively when Jesse or a few others have responded on these forums or on reddit.

At my own place of work we have a rule that's so important that its embedded in our SLA - if we have a critical level issue, we are mandated to provide a communication response to the user group within 20 minutes, and provide updates every two hours at least during the outage. We are to provide ETA of resolution and update that if it changes in any way.

The goal is strong communication.

Sorry but EA/CG falls well short of this and would have been fired long ago where I work.
  • What I learned from watching this video:

"We rolled out a poorly conceived idea called mods this week, just so we had something to talk about here. I mean, it sucks, and the players hate it, but hey - my useless Darth Maul can be a little better than his useless Darth Maul. So that's good."
  • For what it's worth, the term "good feedback" is ambiguous. You might be hearing it as "feedback that says we did a good job," but it can also mean "feedback that is useful," which is almost certainly what he meant.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    I was thinking about something last night, if the game was faithful to true Star Wars Lore, Darth Sidius would have the damage output of Rey and would be the dark side version of Rey:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/4tta61/how_strong_was_palpatine/

Salera's comparison of Sadistic glee was laughable now with protection its not as useful.
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    A good watch, thanks for posting. I would give the CG staff a pass for this week seeing as the executives have been away for the Celebration. While no doubt the developers are working hard behind the scenes, any major fixes likely have to wait for the return of Mr. Salera. Hopefully we'll see them address our woes first thing next week.

Interesting link about Sidious. It would be nice to have a major rebalance of some of the biggest Star Wars characters like Mace Windu and Darth Sidious. From my observations, the Anakin rework seems to have been succesful in that.
  • I am sorry but Mr. Salera came off a little sleezy in this (to me at least), like he did not believe a word that came out of his own mouth, all the other dev's had passion, love for there respective titles, Mr. Salera just came off surprised at how much money this game makes.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Manowar wrote: »
    Interesting link about Sidious. It would be nice to have a major rebalance of some of the biggest Star Wars characters like Mace Windu and Darth Sidious. From my observations, the Anakin rework seems to have been succesful in that.

Anakin has become quite beastly with his rework. He's definitely worth the investment to max.

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • The new raid looked cool
  • it's become WWF not Star Wars that's for sure. Look at the Battlefront gent body language compared to @CG_JohnSalera... bro sounded a bit shaky out the gate there. I'm not sure if you'll even read this or respond, but the way to tried to "sell" the recent updates...ouch. That came off rather like a slap in the face tbh. I question if you really are a true Star Wars fan.

Where's the authenticity that whole panel spat about with @CG ? I was cringing, looking through my fingers when it came to SWGOH and you spoke so dang fast I lost interest in three seconds. I'm just keeping it 100 @CG_JohnSalera
  • 5 **** talking nonsense and not fixing anything..
    Bad game management here
  • "I am sorry but Mr. Salera came off a little sleezy in this (to me at least), like he did not believe a word that came out of his own mouth, all the other dev's had passion, love for there respective titles, Mr. Salera just came off surprised at how much money this game makes."

Yeah, kind of amazing what you read into what someone is saying when you approach it with a preconceived opinion of the person. He sounded genuinely excited to me who wants fans to have a fun experience, but then I don't think the people behind this game are all evil villains trying to take advantage of us, so I don't go into the experience expecting them to be fake and looking for every sign of it. He comes across like that to me in the forum too, and he sounds like a real fan. Did you ever seen the post where he talked about how he had dearly been hoping for CUP to be a viable character with his stun team, so much so that he was his first 7* character?
  • KungMamma wrote: »
    Samantha wrote: »
    Ziggy23 wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera seems like a nice dude.

(I heard you get more bees with honey <3 )

As a bee keeper I can assure you, honey bees don't prefer honey. They prefer nectar. Honey is hard to eat as it needs to be diluted down.

A bit Off topic but....

@Samantha

I'm also a beekeeper and though they might prefer nectar, they get really interested in honey in times of low nectar flow.

Shouldn't it also be "catch more flies with honey"?... which you do not.... try poop for catching flies.

I'm not a beekeeper, but I do know you get way more flies with a big pile of **** than honey or nectar ever will. This game is proof.
  • KungMamma wrote: »
    Samantha wrote: »
    Ziggy23 wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera seems like a nice dude.

(I heard you get more bees with honey <3 )

As a bee keeper I can assure you, honey bees don't prefer honey. They prefer nectar. Honey is hard to eat as it needs to be diluted down.

A bit Off topic but....

@Samantha

I'm also a beekeeper and though they might prefer nectar, they get really interested in honey in times of low nectar flow.

Shouldn't it also be "catch more flies with honey"?... which you do not.... try poop for catching flies.

I'm not a beekeeper, but I do know you get way more flies with a big pile of **** than honey or nectar ever will. This game is proof.

BEE ESS