what's instant chance at upgrading mods?

M_L
469 posts Member
I'm just curious what should actually happen? is it if i spent 1x credit, OR spend 10x credit, there's an equal chance that the mod will upgrade the entire level?

if that's the case then shouldn't we all be just pressing 1x so we're rolling the dice more often?

personally i do not recall ever seeing some phenomena where i pressed spend and somehow thought my mod upgraded way more than i thought it would...

so now during mod appreciation weekend, the chance is improved, from what to what? so far the baseline seems nonexistent so anything would be an improvement?

Replies

• X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    It's a surprise
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    This sounds like how Mods initially worked, when it cost 50% as much to level a Mod. Kind of bad faith to revert this in the first patch (with the platitude that it would make leveling mods more consistent) and then add it back as a temporary event.
  • Options
    Just spend those 350k credits you were just graciously gifted and don't ask any questions. It's working as intended.
  • Akiraine
    256 posts Member
    Options
    in a nutshell, it cost a lot less than normal to level mods atm
  • Options
    It's a surprise

I loled
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    anyone test to see if it makes a difference to repeatedly press upgrade 10 times, or press upgrade (x10) once?
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    did you press the x10 option? or just press the regular upgrade option for like, way more times?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    its certainly cheaper to max a mod. I did it with x10 upgrades. around 350k to lvl a mk5 mod from 1 to 15.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I love how their solution to everything is to create a reason to entice everyone to buy crystals over the weekend and coincidentally have a sale on crystals at the same time.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    it cost me 370k to take two 5* mods from level 12 to level 15, with a couple of RNG upgrade boosts occurring. i tried both single upgrades and the x10.

it just highlights what a credit sink mods are and what little return we get.

i won't be farming or spending any more credits on them.
  • Options
    I've tried it both ways and I've gotten lucky upgrades on both. What will happen is a lucky pull on a 10x will go straight to the upgrade and past it into the next. I was able to get two lucky pulls and go from 13 to 15 on a circle mod.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    is there some clear indication that a lucky roll has occurred?
  • Options
    Yes you can see the levels skip.

I just said forget it I got a 5* mod at 1 and did it. I do the 10x rolls I jumped from 11-14.

I decided to spend 500k, just about what a 5* costs to go 1-15

I moved a 5* from 1-15
    Finished a 5* from 12-15
    Took 2,3* from 4-15
    Took a 2* from 4-15
    Took a 5* from 12-14

That is significantly more.

• Options
    I just spent 300K to go from 12 to 15 on 5*.

The chance to upgrade is a joke.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I guess it's not as good as the first time around, I maxed out 30 mods with an average cost of like 150k each before precraft 2.0
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    So I just maxed a t5 mod to test it out and it cost me around 390k
  • Lukey
    9 posts Member
    Options
    I spent around 650K to level up 2 T5 from 1 to 15. Saved about 300K.
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I guess it's not as good as the first time around, I maxed out 30 mods with an average cost of like 150k each before precraft 2.0

and this is why many people are leaving, and feel insulted by thier attempts to placate us.

not mad at you by any means, you did what we all should have known to do. I managed to get a lot of my arena team upgraded before they jacked the whole system up, but only a few maxed on each member, and none on my other guys..

so I jacked up my arena score, which hurt me for GW completions.. which was a daily occurrence, but not any more
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just spent 300K to go from 12 to 15 on 5*.

The chance to upgrade is a joke.

That can't be right. It's costing me about that much to max a 5 star mod starting from level 1 lol

• Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Options
    JeffVader wrote: »
    Just spend those 350k credits you were just graciously gifted and don't ask any questions. It's working as intended.

Ha so true
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Options
    I think it means the whole chance mega roll thing. Way better chance to completely gain a level or greatly increases the amount you get progressing towards the next level. Don't think it matters if 1 or x10 but probably greater chance the higher you go
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Options
    If it normally took you five taps from level 1 to 7 it may take you only four this weekend
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    I levelled up 3 5* mods today from 12 to 15. Got lucky with the first and skipped a huge chunk of level 14-15. There are also some skips on 12-13 etc

Overall, 3 mods from level 12-15, I spent around 700k? Felt pretty much the same. But really depends on luck I guess. Also tried doing 1 vs 10x. I just cant stand the 1x button grind haha