edited January 2017
Chief Nebit

4tpbr2c3d1cg.png

Cunning Jawa Tank with Stealth synergies who can reduce cooldowns

Unlocks at 3 Stars (50 Shards)

Available from: Squad Arena Shipments

Abilities

BASIC Attack – Sheltering Shot:
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 55% chance to grant Protection Up equal to 10% of Nebit's Max Health for 2 turns to a random ally who is not Stealthed.. [Ability Upgrades Increase Damage, Buff Chance, and Protection amount granted]

SPECIAL Attacks
  • Distracting Negotiations – Nebit taunts for 1 turn with a 55% chance to gain Heal Over Time for 1 turn. Reduce the cooldowns of all Jawa and Droid allies by 1. [Ability Upgrades increase Taunt & HoT Duration as well as the chance to gain a HoT.]
  • Desert Ambush - Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call a random ally to Assist dealing 20% less damage. If the Assisting ally is a Jawa or a Droid, call another random ally to Assist. All Jawa called to Assist gain Stealth for 2 turns. [Ability Upgrades increase Damage, reduce cooldown and increase Stealth Duration.]

Leader Ability
  • Jawa and Droid allies gain 10% Critical Chance and inflict Critical Chance Down for 1 turn on a Critical Hit. [Ability Upgrades increase Critical Chance and Critical Chance Down Duration.]

General Strategy

Chief Nebit is a Jawa Tank with a lot of Defensive utility through taunting and granting protection to his allies. He could be considered a support tank in that he not only Taunts the enemy, but he can grant protection, provide stealth and reduce the cooldowns of his allies.

Hero Synergies
  • The Obvious synergy will be with other Jawa allies, as they can gain stealth for 3 turns when called by his assist and benefit from Cooldown Reduction when Chief Nebit Taunts.
  • He will have a strong general synergy through the use of his basic which at max level will have a 70% chance to grant a protection shield equal to 20% of Chief Nebit’s Max Health.
  • In addition to his Jawa Synergies, Chief Nebit will increase the critical chance of his Droid allies in addition to a chance to apply critical chance down to the enemy, increasing the team’s survivability.
Where to Use

In general, Chief Nebit should perform well in most game modes. He will round out the Jawa party, enabling the completion of the higher difficulty Mod Challenges as well as enhance the performance of the Jawa team in our AAT raid. The unique ways in which he offers support in addition to taunt should see him used to great effect in a variety of teams.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Looks great for pure jawa and hybrid jawa/droid teams. Plan to acquire him soon!
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Most effective setup: Use him in a droid team.
    Jawa teams are currently not viable enough in Arena.

In a droid team with JE, he becomes a threat and can effectively replace RG.

Recommended setup:
    HK 47 (Lead)
    IG 86
    IG 88
    JE
    Nebit

With JE'S TM boost, he can use his assist early on and will call 2 allies. If it's 86 and 88, it's probably a kill shot. They will also probably crit and gain 50% TM thanks to 47's lead.

His taunt is good, but should not be used before QGJ uses his dispell.
    Please note that with Omega upgrade, he taunts for 2 turns.

Maxed out stats/skills:
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/chief-nebit/

His droid synergy is crazy. He's the synergizing tank we were waiting to replace RG.
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    I'm thinking for overnight that you sub out 86 for 100, but this is basically what I want to try once I have Nebit leveled appropriately.
  • Sub 86 for grievous
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    Sub 86 for grievous

Yes yes yes! Glad someone else sees how awesome GG is. Can't tell you how many people on this forum argue that 86 is better than GG. Crazy.

I'm running HK (L), B2, JE, 88, GG right now and have tweaked the speeds such that JE still always goes first (253 speed), and his recalibrate brings GG and HK to 100% TM but 88 only to 95%. So it's a coin flip whether HK or GG goes first, but they both go before 88, which sets up his AoE nicely with all their debuffs.

Working pretty well for me (haven't slipped below 3 since mods launched on a Nov shard with lots of whales), but I'd love to get Nebit in the mix. Got him at gear 9, omega abilities, 5 * and already he's killing it. Also working on Scav to get those top-tier crit damage shards with a Jawa team, but curious to get some advice on my arena team.

Nebit would be a fantastic addition, but who should I remove? GG and 88 do a ton of damage. Can't take out JE. And B2 is crucial with all the RGs and Sun Facs on my shard. What would you do?

One crazy idea is to sub in Nebit for HK as the lead...I know it sounds crazy cause HK's lead is so strong but my logic is laid out here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/56922/is-nebit-lead-better-than-hk-for-hybrid-droid-jawa-teams#latest

What do you all think?
  • Grievous is a way stronger then 86.
    neibit lead....yeah maybe, not sure. Think you'll be in lack of speed against dodge meta or double tank meta
    If you have to stay whit hk lead, sorry but B2 is out, otherwise not enough dps
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Am I the only one really excited about his hp shield. Figure I can get it up to 7-8k protection bar buff
    Wont be a huge factor but might be fun to protect those squishies that never see arena use, even without the droid synergy he's still a tank with an assist
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    As I mentioned I test my nebit today at Arena with my Droids (and JE). The little Tank is level 80, 5* and Gear VIII (hate the Raid System... Got bunch of **** after T6, 2nd Place and wait for the last Raid Gear Peaces to bring nebit to Gear IX)

I have Omega for his Taunt and Assist already.

Currently (with full mods) my Nebit has 24k health and 14k protection which seems solid for his Star and Gear level.

I Taunt first with him since (at least for Droids) Cooldown Reset is very strong. If nebit survives I use his Assist. His only downside so far is his low speed. It works for Droid opening Attack, but after his Taunt he faces a lot of attacks and stuns (RG is everywhere, some Teams also Runs Aayla) and he rolls out very slowly. I hope he survives better with extra HP / Protection from Gear IX + and Stars to get more turns for him. First impression with Droids is very good (top 5 Arena, but most players will aim my Squad since i have a 5* toon and clearly lack some Squad power without my common "Wall" = RG)
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Try adding tenacity (slot 6 and set) and speed (slot 2 and set) from mods. This should also help.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Defend my 2nd Place with Nebit (5*) at payout. So after 10 battles today he worked for me. I let him in just too see how far I drop over night because somebody will aim me, thanks to my 5* character and low power level.

Think about IG100 (and i started farming GG) in the Place of IG86 because reducing AoE CD with Nebit after the JE Start is really good.
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    I currently run 47, 86, 88, 100, and JE while I farm Nebit. Everyone is 7* except JE. With Nebit, I plan to sub out 100 for offense and 86 for defense. You need 86 in order to take out the first character on RG teams. Otherwise, the RG wall keeps Rey, Leia, QGJ, GS, or whoever in yellow or red. Then they wreck your team as RG plods along (or you take him out - but need 86 over 100 for that too).
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    I currently run Hk(L), JE, B2, GG, 88. All maxed gear, all 5-for health mods, and omegaed all abilities except GG who is maxed but 6*.

Just got Nebit to 5* (maxed gear, all abilities omega, all 5-dot health mods) and have a lot of fun running him, but I find if I sub him in for GG or 88 I don't have enough DPS, and when I sub him in for B2 I have problems with RG, Sun Fac, StH. Any ideas which five out of these six toons I should go with? Whose place can Nebit take on my squad?
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm right behind you on nebits progression...his leader ability is top tier and he stands alone...I been using him with
    HK (lead)
    fives
    JE
    Nebits (typically 86)

He ain't quite strong enough to make up for 86's incredible dmg but I believe the basic adding protection and the self-healing taunt will surpass him once he is maxed.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    opu120 wrote: »
    I currently run Hk(L), JE, B2, GG, 88. All maxed gear, all 5-for health mods, and omegaed all abilities except GG who is maxed but 6*.

Just got Nebit to 5* (maxed gear, all abilities omega, all 5-dot health mods) and have a lot of fun running him, but I find if I sub him in for GG or 88 I don't have enough DPS, and when I sub him in for B2 I have problems with RG, Sun Fac, StH. Any ideas which five out of these six toons I should go with? Whose place can Nebit take on my squad?

• MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Droped to 22 over night, which is ok, 4 battles today and back to 4. My current Squad Rating is nearly 34k and I fight vs 39-41k Teams.

I have seen no Bugs with Nebit, so he works for me (70 shards left until 6*). I don't know why Droid players use so many health mods. I have +30% crit damage mods (and 2 health mods) for IG 86 and IG88, it is way stronger even if it is only a mix from 1 to 4 mod stars.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    Droped to 22 over night, which is ok, 4 battles today and back to 4. My current Squad Rating is nearly 34k and I fight vs 39-41k Teams.

I have seen no Bugs with Nebit, so he works for me (70 shards left until 6*). I don't know why Droid players use so many health mods. I have +30% crit damage mods (and 2 health mods) for IG 86 and IG88, it is way stronger even if it is only a mix from 1 to 4 mod stars.

Nice. Glad to hear he is working well.

Don't know why droid users use so many health mods, or health sets? If it's sets its probably because most don't have tier 3 crit damage sets unlocked yet and are using health sets in the meantime. I know that's the case with me. If it is health mods in place of other things like speed, crit damage, or protection, I don't know. I will for sure use a three dot speed mod on certain toons over a five dot with no speed, crit dmg too.

I do have a lower dot crit dmg set on 86 now, but no point in leveling up any more lower tier crit dmg sets when I'm close to unlocking tier 3. Will probably a week before I can unlock tier 3 crit dmg challenge. Will take some time after that to collect 5 dot sets with the right stats that are worth leveling. Not to mention the credits needed for leveling all the new mods.

I haven't noticed any bugs with Nebit either.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    The reason to use the 4* or 5* health mods is that they can have excellent secondary stats - like +10 speed. However, these should be on JE rather than the damage dealers. If you have extras - some folks can only do the Health Mod Challenge - then maybe the overall stats are better than 1* or 2* Critical Damage.

Why didn't they give Droids any love in Mod Challenges??? Unless you have a level 80 account, droid arena teams are a bit out of luck when it comes to Mod Challenges...
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Thanks to my Jawas I can play for Mods with 4 dots (but I even use some with 1 dot) and I have IGs with +30% critical damage and both 88 and 86 have 1 additional mod with +crit damage. Both have 210 % crit damage and this is way better than health mods from what I see, especially that (thanks to nebit) my Jawa Engineer got enough Tempo to Place HK over IG88 which means a hard AOE Attack bevor anyone moves. Normaly I Taunt first with Nebit which means all Droids can use a 2nd AOE (or Assist) very fast.

If Nebit survives (fun fact if QGJ Dispel the Taunt you still reached the goal for your Droid Abilities) the first turns he is very good, basic is a great idea, sure it is random but protection buff is much better than healing because you will also improve characters that have full health.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    This Guy is going to be a star... probably one of the best toons in the game and will soon become the highest value target on defense... :)
  • Wolgodi
    19 posts Member
    I'm surprised so many of my fellow droid runners struggle with killing RG. While I'm not at the same lvl as you guys (mostly gear 8 full 7* team) I never have a problem destroying even gear 10 7* RG... I will sometimes struggle if I am trying to kill Ray before he can taunt but that's only for unlucky rng giving 86 no crit

I run HK (Ldr) 88 86 phasma and Nebit.
  • Wondering if people are still experiencing bugs with Nebit's leader ability? I've seen several reports in other threads of people saying that his leader ability isn't correctly applying the debuff, but 2 people in this thread are saying that they aren't seeing any bugs.
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    Sub 86 for grievous

Hahahaha yea Ill just pull out my 7 star grievous hahahaha
  • Lillegre
    253 posts Member
    Nebit's protection heal persists through phases / rounds, legs, whatever you would call it... Nebit is the first protection healer....

He heals protection through GW etc...
  • Lillegre
    253 posts Member
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Wondering if people are still experiencing bugs with Nebit's leader ability? I've seen several reports in other threads of people saying that his leader ability isn't correctly applying the debuff, but 2 people in this thread are saying that they aren't seeing any bugs.

Seems only to have a chance to apply where no other debuff is contesting.... In practise, I have only seen it apply from his standard attack and nothing else
  • Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Wondering if people are still experiencing bugs with Nebit's leader ability? I've seen several reports in other threads of people saying that his leader ability isn't correctly applying the debuff, but 2 people in this thread are saying that they aren't seeing any bugs.

Yep still doesn't work worth ****

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    I'm working on Nibet now and can't waste to get him maxed out in another 10 days or so. After that he's an easy replacement for RG. With JE and Nibet, your team will get about 9 attacks (I'm counting assists) before the opposing team gets a single one. Possibly more.

HK AoE + Regular = 2
    88 AoE + Regular = 2
    Nibet Assist = 3
    86 = 1
    86 pulling in a droid = 1
    Droid that assisted 86 likely equals 1 more
    Droid that assisted Nibet likely equals 1 more

So we're looking at possibly as many as 11 attacks before the opposing teams even takes an action.

I'm currently running a droid team with 1/2* mods set with crit damage and chance set bonuses and have a fairly easy time in arena, usually finishing in the top 10 with a couple of #1 finishes.

I find that it's better to run these sets on lower tier mods than the 5* health mods. Yes, the secondary stats will be better but not better than the +30% crit damage set bonus. Besides, the secondary stats are so random that getting half of them to actually do something worthwhile is just not worth trying to farm them with this purpose.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • opu120 wrote: »
    Sub 86 for grievous

Yes yes yes! Glad someone else sees how awesome GG is. Can't tell you how many people on this forum argue that 86 is better than GG. Crazy.

I'm running HK (L), B2, JE, 88, GG right now and have tweaked the speeds such that JE still always goes first (253 speed), and his recalibrate brings GG and HK to 100% TM but 88 only to 95%. So it's a coin flip whether HK or GG goes first, but they both go before 88, which sets up his AoE nicely with all their debuffs.

Working pretty well for me (haven't slipped below 3 since mods launched on a Nov shard with lots of whales), but I'd love to get Nebit in the mix. Got him at gear 9, omega abilities, 5 * and already he's killing it. Also working on Scav to get those top-tier crit damage shards with a Jawa team, but curious to get some advice on my arena team.

Nebit would be a fantastic addition, but who should I remove? GG and 88 do a ton of damage. Can't take out JE. And B2 is crucial with all the RGs and Sun Facs on my shard. What would you do?

One crazy idea is to sub in Nebit for HK as the lead...I know it sounds crazy cause HK's lead is so strong but my logic is laid out here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/56922/is-nebit-lead-better-than-hk-for-hybrid-droid-jawa-teams#latest

What do you all think?

@opu120 If you don't mind sharing what is the speed you got 88 at so he's not at 100% TM after JE goes?
  • opu120 wrote: »
    Sub 86 for grievous

What do you all think?

@opu120 If you don't mind sharing what is the speed you got 88 at so he's not at 100% TM after JE goes?

Gonna depend on how fast your JE is. Check out this link and use the spreadsheet there to figure it out:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58345/droid-speed-and-turn-meter-with-je/p1
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    Sub 86 for grievous

What do you all think?

Gonna depend on how fast your JE is. Check out this link and use the spreadsheet there to figure it out:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58345/droid-speed-and-turn-meter-with-je/p1

Exactly. It's all about the difference between JE and the droids rather than absolute speeds. I'm running JE at 201+50 unique (another guy on my shard has JE at 197 so gotta stay ahead of him), GG at 140, HK at 139, 88 at 130, B2 at 108.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    Sub 86 for grievous

What do you all think?

Exactly. It's all about the difference between JE and the droids rather than absolute speeds. I'm running JE at 201+50 unique (another guy on my shard has JE at 197 so gotta stay ahead of him), GG at 140, HK at 139, 88 at 130, B2 at 108.

I wish it was as easy to get HK up there in speed as it is JE and the others. 125 is almost at my max without access to higher tier mods. I know I could do health, but the RNG is horrendous in trying to get what you want.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.