Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• I keep seeing people use the term WAI can someone tell me what this means. Thanks

Working as intended
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    Or maybe, just maybe, the problem is ppl are getting only 5 characters to their max and gears while leaving their B-C teams without upgrades... This would actually be a reasonable answer to why ppl are getting such a impossible task... I mean, i mantain my A-B team always at the same lvl and geared, sometimes i think my B team would have a arena power greater than my A team lol... Never checked it though...

But that's it, just an idea...

You'd like to think that, but you'd be wrong
  • As I said before, I am lucky enough to complete GW for now. I am complaining about it being TOO LONG and NOT FUN! It's actually downright aggravating to play now. I hit super nodes at 6, 9, 11 and 12. They are a full 1-2 gears above me, full omega abilities and heavily to all modded. It takes me roughly half an hour on ONE NODE to complete. Wow, that's supposed to be fun?! Not in my books.

I'm p2p and like supporting games I enjoy. Sad to say, I've gone f2p now as I refuse to support this garbage.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    @Chicago151 those are not anti-droid characters, those are called trash characters. You wanna beat droids in GW? How about using a team like Phasma, Rey, QGJ, RG, and whomever? You kill JE and that team falls apart, and since you should have a TM advantage they don't get to go first and destroy your team.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • RaySoft
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Elbertoman wrote: »
    Stop whining. GW is totally winnable if you use your brain. I'm f2p and have only lost Gw twice since they changed it. It is hard and a bit of a grind but once you understand mods and know how to build a team it's not that bad. I can do nodes 1-12 with one ewok speed team at lvl 80 33k power no problem. And that's against the Rey/sth/Rg horror squad with tier 5 mods.

Get a plan, invest in the right squad and some simple mods and you can be marching through Gw pretty consistently. Whining ain't gonna improve your skills.

GW are probl. doable for many, but I havent cleared it once since they changed it. My rooster isnt strong enough, and I've been playing since december.
    For me though, as a f2p player, the problem is that within the time it takes to aquire/upgrade the right characters/mods to the right level, the rules have changed yet again..

The balance between whales and f2p are way off.

Post edited by RaySoft on
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Scrolling through all of these whiners and complainers after finishing GW in 30 minutes :lol:

you're like the screechy annoying little Jabba sidekick.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    dough wrote: »
    Scrolling through all of these whiners and complainers after finishing GW in 30 minutes :lol:

you're like the screechy annoying little Jabba sidekick.

Thank you so much for your meaningful contribution to this megathread! I'm sure the devs will see what you posted and fix up GW pronto! :smile:
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    and here's your contribution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Y6YfDBmh8
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    i stand corrected, you and God boy found each other too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBg99mH8pyA
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    i stand corrected, you and God boy found each other too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBg99mH8pyA

Thank you for making my point
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Fatzke wrote: »
    Omg all this crying about GW is so annoying. It's totally fine, there is no need for a change. Another 45738 whinethreads won't change this fact.

Don't you think there is a reason for so many threads on this subject? Probably because it's an actual major issue in the game!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Omg all this crying about GW is so annoying. It's totally fine, there is no need for a change. Another 45738 whinethreads won't change this fact.

Don't you think there is a reason for so many threads on this subject? Probably because it's an actual major issue in the game!

Actually it's because those that fail to complete GW feel compelled to post on the forums venting their frustration while those that do finish GW have no reason to waste time stating so on here :smile:
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Lattimer
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    As I said before, I am lucky enough to complete GW for now. I am complaining about it being TOO LONG and NOT FUN! It's actually downright aggravating to play now. I hit super nodes at 6, 9, 11 and 12. They are a full 1-2 gears above me, full omega abilities and heavily to all modded. It takes me roughly half an hour on ONE NODE to complete. Wow, that's supposed to be fun?! Not in my books.

I'm p2p and like supporting games I enjoy. Sad to say, I've gone f2p now as I refuse to support this garbage.

This is me as well. I've posted a few times that I've taken this path. After spending a few hundred on the game in about 2 months I've gone f2p over the last month and am going to stay this way and this change has caused me to just enjoy it and accept it for what it is since I'm not paying anymore.

I won't be spending anymore money on the game and will just play it at a slower pace obviously but the **** that has been the last two months of this game caused me to go f2p and I'm still playing everyday but not frustrated as I was before.

I'm also very happy to see others following the same path as the app gross revenue has fallen off a cliff. It was making top ten on App Store and fell to the 30s now. They have the numbers and don't care so maybe they're just planning on it rebounding over time and that's fine but it won't come from me :):)

• dough
    641 posts Member
    lol @ lvl 70 ppl giving tutorials.
  • dough
    641 posts Member

Actually it's because those that fail to complete GW feel compelled to post on the forums venting their frustration while those that do finish GW have no reason to waste time stating so on here :smile:

yet you spam every single thread re: GW.
    nice work Re Re
  • SuperstarDJ
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    image.png
    The problem with GW is that it became impossible to p2p or f2p. Got to the last node today and found that team waiting for me.. It's not even fun to try and fight it. I don't mind a challenge, but being beaten to a pulp with no chance of winning it's the opposite of fun in my book.
  • Count_Meesah
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Since my last thread was merged into the GW megathread as way of EA sweeping this issue under the rug instead if fixing the actual problem, I gong to start another one.

Another day of facing impossible teams and unable to finish GW again today. Getting ridiculous. Balance it already. You did not fix it from the update. You made it worse. I had guild members saying the faced 3* teams on 12th node, yet I keep facing 7* level 80 full geared and full modded teams on nodes 11 and 12.

Same experience. I used to finish GW everyday, but no more since the latest update. But this is how GW is said to be intended to work, so I accepted and got to work.
    That's why I stopped focussing on Arena and stopped upgrading my A-team. That way, GW doesn't get any more difficult and I can focus on broadening my bench for GW:
    - adding more damage dealers with GS, Rey
    - adding more tanks with RG, GamGuard
    - adding more leadership with Agbar, STHan
    - adding healing/resurrection with Barris and Old Daka.
    - and generally bring my B, C & D team all to 7* G9+ as well.

After all that, I should be back in contention I think.
    Proud member of BIER DTA.
    DTA_Ovi, https://swgoh.gg/u/dta ovi/
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    image.png
    The problem with GW is that it became impossible to p2p or f2p. Got to the last node today and found that team waiting for me.. It's not even fun to try and fight it. I don't mind a challenge, but being beaten to a pulp with no chance of winning it's the opposite of fun in my book.

Well the team you're running is suboptimal against that opponent. I know plenty of p2p and f2p players that complete GW daily
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    lol @ lvl 70 ppl giving tutorials.

Hey maybe they have more knowledge of GW than you :wink: I honestly wouldn't be surprised. And I'm one of the few pro-gw players posting, don't worry there's a ton of whiners to drown us out.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I've had it with people victim shaming here. GW is broken, let's just face it.

You need a very deep roster of level 80 guys with gear 9 minimum in order to beat it *easily* as many people claim they can often. Honestly gear 10 is becomming mandatory to finish all the way through.

In order to GET that kind of roster you need credits. Lots and lots and lots of credits. To get credits you need to complete GW.

See the issue here?

I've been playing since launch and only have a half dozen level 80 characters, only one gear 10, a dozen or so gear 9 and a couple dozen more gear 8. Unfortunately once I hit that 38,000 team with full protection, all gear 10 it's just over. This team will destroy me every time. Having a deep roster doesn't help. The difference in power between a 38,000 team and a 35,000 team is so vast that you're lucky to get 2 or 3 minor hits in before your team is wiped. Having a deep roster won't help against that kind of power.

So let's just say I squeak out enough credits by completing this up to node 5 every day before hitting that 38,000 wall. After 6 months or so I may have earned enough credits to have several dozen more level 80s. Yeah, but nothing, because very few of them are going to be gear X because of the great rarity of that gear and will STILL get destroyed by the monster teams.

GW used to be doable every day, it used to be fun. That was before:
    *Every team had fully 7* level 80 toons by the third node.
    *Protection doubled the length of the fights if you're lucky and by the end made it a serious lopsided endeavor
    *You encounter full gear X teams by node 5 if you're unlucky but no later than 10 guaranteed.

If you're a new player you'll get to have your time with enjoying GW. It's a good feature for a time. Unfortunately at some point you'll get strong enough that it just becomes an exercise in tedium and frustration. End game GW is not enjoyable and is creating further divide between the haves and the have-nots.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Raid gear is actually not that rare if you're in a guild that consistently does heroic raids. And you should get a nice chunk of credits from those raids as well that you can use on your GW squad. The difficulty of GW is definitely overblown by many
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I've posted many times on already on the forum, but Devs doesn't seem to get it.

GW is too difficult. It's not fun at all. Very frustrating. Please review it.

Thank you..
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm almost f2p (I've spend ~$10) lvl 80 player with almost maxed droid team plus JE, Poggle and GS with addition of some 80 lvl Jedis wich I've used to acuire Yoda.
    For the long time, before hitting lvl cap of 70 and then 80 I wasn't able to finish GW. I play since December and now I'm slowly progressing for achievement of 150 GW (86 won as today), so I can understand people who are frustrated with it. However it could have been becouse I never aimed for meta or perfect GW team and played what I wanted.
    With all my experiences with this mode and opinions on forums I think it's a matter of perspective.
    For me GW was a most desired mode due to great credits income and shards for my arena droid team, even without completing in on daily basis. I've known it would be like that for long time, as arena team at that time wasn't enough to complete GW ( and still isnt).
    I've experienced most of situations mentioned by other players:
    • farming team ov FO for GW which was great for a week, then came their rework and all but Phasma, were to never see use in this mode never again. However they had their places in daily challenges.
    • not completing mode for many consecutive days, falling short at node 12(most frustrating) or erlier node.
    • trying a lot of with retreats - wich I shortly abandoned, as it's frustrating and time consuming.
    • as a result of previous falling behind other players due to credit shortage.
    After latest update on GW i didn't complete it every day until:
    • I got modes for both A and B squads. They don't need to be 5° as 1° do a trick. However arena team is better equipped, wich is rather obvious.
    • Changing strategy a bit - using weaker squads at first easy nodes to fill their TM, instead of rushing with Arena team forward as far as possible or swapping JE for GS after his first use for so long as protection is up.
    TL;DR The GW mode is changing as the game it self, if you want to win you have to adapt. If you are f2p not following meta your bound not to finish if for some time. Still it is all doable in time and right mind set.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited July 2016

No, I don't think so. The majority of my guild doesn't have any problems to complete GW. Same thing with friends who play GoH. Only because the minority is crying so loud, I wouldn't say it's an actual major issue. There was a poll here once and it seems, that most of the players don't have huge problems with GW.

It became harder, more challenging of course, but not impossible. I appreciate that.
  • Galactic War is meant to be completed by your whole roster, not just 5 characters on auto. The difficulty is linked to your max possible arena power. I don't understand the people who do not get this.
    I've been able to complete gw everyday for past 3 weeks; hard node on 11 and then super easy on 12.
    Just recently geared up 1 toon and now I'm over the 40k threshold again. Not looking forward to my next run, as I will most likely face max teams on 11 AND 12.

So progresses the game. Live. Learn. Adapt.
  • dough wrote: »

yet you spam every single thread re: GW.
    nice work Re Re

Wow, pot calling the kettle black... Lol!
    Since my last thread was merged into the GW megathread as way of EA sweeping this issue under the rug instead if fixing the actual problem, I gong to start another one.

Another day of facing impossible teams and unable to finish GW again today. Getting ridiculous. Balance it already. You did not fix it from the update. You made it worse. I had guild members saying the faced 3* teams on 12th node, yet I keep facing 7* level 80 full geared and full modded teams on nodes 11 and 12.

Same experience. I used to finish GW everyday, but no more since the latest update. But this is how GW is said to be intended to work, so I accepted and got to work.
    That's why I stopped focussing on Arena and stopped upgrading my A-team. That way, GW doesn't get any more difficult and I can focus on broadening my bench for GW:
    - adding more damage dealers with GS, Rey
    - adding more tanks with RG, GamGuard
    - adding more leadership with Agbar, STHan
    - adding healing/resurrection with Barris and Old Daka.
    - and generally bring my B, C & D team all to 7* G9+ as well.

After all that, I should be back in contention I think.

Wise man right here... You'll be greatful you're doing this & it WILL pay off in the end!
  • Galactic War is not that difficult, as soon as you realize it takes more than 5 toons.
    It's a WAR, not some simple challenge.
    I use at least 15 toons to complete it every day, and each battle has my undivided attention.
    Takes me on average 35-50 min to complete, BUT
    I've enjoyed every single second. Y'wanna know why?
    It's STAR WARS.
  • I love GW, it's one of my favourite parts of the game and it gives me a great deal of satisfaction when I complete it every day.

I have a deep bench of about 35 toons that I use throughout, building up in power until that epic final struggle when I generally need about 3-4 teams to get through.

It's brutal, it's war, it's the way it's supposed to be.
  • YES. As the developers intended.
  • davidthegray
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Well, the revised GW is not unwinnable (well, at least sometimes). Only, it takes an enormous amount of time to beat. Besides the fact that the game has generally lost equilibrium and, because of the last modifications, after 8 months of playing (all f2p) I am really sick of it. I meet a team of pathetic characters, but with a 7* 80 Rey and GW (with mods), and I cannot even start playing. Is this supposed to be funny?

I am back to the forum after months because I don't want a game where people spending a lot of time reading the tricks and doing experiments in the game can beat badly the people who have a normal real life and don't have so much time to waste. How can people at the same level as me make 50% more points against the rancor? Well, they read the forum regularly. What a bore! The game started as a simple funny entertainment. Now it has become something else.

So, if most players are really happy and this is the way the game is supposed to go in the future, ok, farewell, it has been nice while it lasted. I am probably not such a big loss, since I am totally f2p. The fact is in the guild chat I see a LOT of people ranting, and I see a lot more not ranting, but who have simply stopped playing.
    Post edited by davidthegray on
    from Italy