Best healer in arena ?

Currently healer aren't as necessary as they used to be in arena. Some teams can easily win a fight without healer, but now I am talking about if I want to have a healer to support my team especially Han and RG, who will be the best candidates ?

Replies

• Jimboe
    126 posts Member
    Bariss
  • Ewok Elder is 100x better than Barris.
  • Daka. IMO.
  • @Monyet Man, in a world, where some characters can do 30k dmg in a single hit, there is no place for healers if they are not being reworked.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    +1 to Daka
  • They're all awful. Lumi is the best of the three due to having a good leader ability and not sucking like bariss. Use Lumi lead, RG, and Han. You'll get dodge and heals, and you can stick two more attackers on your team. Daka is poor bro. Her heal doesn't heal much at all
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Daka, hands down
    Stuns and revive
  • Daka fills more of a tank role than healer. Although she doesn't taunt you have to deal with her he really to avoid revives.

Lumi lead is viable if you are lower than top 100. Around rank 75, she becomes totally useless in Arena. OB and, to a lesser extent Dooku, and both clearly better evasion leaders.

However Lumi remains useful GW even after she is no longer useful for Arena.
  • Lumi works well with dodge lead and RG.

Daka is all so good specially if you run phasma lead.
  • They're all awful. Lumi is the best of the three due to having a good leader ability and not sucking like bariss. Use Lumi lead, RG, and Han. You'll get dodge and heals, and you can stick two more attackers on your team. Daka is poor bro. Her heal doesn't heal much at all
    Daka is classified as a healer. I do not use her as a healer, but a stunner with the occasional Rez. He asked for the best healer to use in arena. Daka is the best character, who is classified as a healer, to use in arena. Hands down IMO. Although I still wouldn't use her (I used to), she would be my first pick if I had to choose one.
  • Today in an arena match Daka revived my Dooku, RG and Rey in one go! It enabled me to proceed and win against a far superior team. She is rather RNG dependent but so are many other toons. I find Barriss too slow in arena but excellent in GW as a lead in the easier matches and Lumi seems pretty good in both arena and GW, although I never use her as lead.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    They're all awful. Lumi is the best of the three due to having a good leader ability and not sucking like bariss. Use Lumi lead, RG, and Han. You'll get dodge and heals, and you can stick two more attackers on your team. Daka is poor bro. Her heal doesn't heal much at all
    Daka is classified as a healer. I do not use her as a healer, but a stunner with the occasional Rez. He asked for the best healer to use in arena. Daka is the best character, who is classified as a healer, to use in arena. Hands down IMO. Although I still wouldn't use her (I used to), she would be my first pick if I had to choose one.
    I have grandma Daka at gear 10, I deeply regret investing in her. I modded her to have 185 speed and 80 percent potency. Still dropped in arena with her because healers suck compared to damage dealers. I benched her. But yeah, I just think Lumi is better because she actually can heal, plus deal damage, and provide a solid leader ability that is very valuable.

Op mentioned Han and Royal guard on his team. Most likely OP is going to use Qui gon and Rey aswell. There is no good leader ability between those 4, Han's is the best but it still sucks. Lumi provides a solid one. Neither are worth using over a damage dealer.. We can compare the kits I guess though.

Luminara - Dodge lead, ability block, higher damage, higher heal, evasion up on basic attack.

Old daka - Stun chance on two toons, 10 percent chance to auto revive, 35 percent chance to revive at 30 percent health

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i like both lumi and daka. But they really shine in galactic war, arena not so much.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BMoney
    264 posts Member
    Ackbar is the best healer in arena
  • Lumi
  • Ackbar by a mile
  • BMoney wrote: »
    Ackbar by a mile
    AA isn't classified as a healer though, so although he is a very good support, he isn't the best healer.
  • If the question is characters that can heal, I would say Lumi. If it's characters that are classified as healers I would say Daka.
    Ackbar by a mile
    AA isn't classified as a healer though, so although he is a very good support, he isn't the best healer.

Technically, if you are going by the "healer" synergy tag, lumi isn't even considered a healer. The way I see it, ackbar heals the entire team, therfore he is a healer.
    Ackbar by a mile

Technically, if you are going by the "healer" synergy tag, lumi isn't even considered a healer. The way I see it, ackbar heals the entire team, therfore he is a healer.
    Good point. AA is very situational though, and against certain teams wouldn't even heal at all due to few/no debuffs.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    BMoney wrote: »
    Ackbar by a mile

and asokha? just for shts and giggles, is she considered a healer?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    BMoney wrote: »
    Ackbar by a mile

and asokha? just for shts and giggles, is she considered a healer?

I guess? But in term of healing she is probably the worst. :#
  • Has to be Daka, her stun has the opportunity to stun another toon & she heals 30% of her health to everyone else, so if you've made her a tank of sorts, it works better for your overall team, never mind that she resurrects. Plus did I mention she stuns! :wink:
  • Daka fills more of a tank role than healer. Although she doesn't taunt you have to deal with her he really to avoid revives.

Lumi lead is viable if you are lower than top 100. Around rank 75, she becomes totally useless in Arena. OB and, to a lesser extent Dooku, and both clearly better evasion leaders.

Daka has very little health. She's not a tank by any means unless you mean that her stuns keep opposing team from hitting your glass cannons, they I agree.

Is you're talking pure healing ability. Bariss is where it's at.

Best offensive healer lumi

Best healer who also revives elder

Best healer who also stuns daka. Daka's heal is the weakest of all healers. It doesn't m

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Daka fills more of a tank role than healer. Although she doesn't taunt you have to deal with her he really to avoid revives.

Daka has very little health. She's not a tank by any means unless you mean that her stuns keep opposing team from hitting your glass cannons, they I agree.

Is you're talking pure healing ability. Bariss is where it's at.

Best offensive healer lumi

Best healer who also revives elder

Best healer who also stuns daka. Daka's heal is the weakest of all healers. It doesn't m

He means that she's a "tank" in that other teams have to target her first or face her rezzing someone, a pseudotaunt if you will.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    You know, I stopped using Talia a long time ago but recently starred her up just to complete my Night Sister team (which I really don't have any use for... come on Night Sister event! lol). But, once she is leveled/geared up high enough, her heal is pretty good. She gives a good bump to everyone and doesn't quite kill herself as much as she does at lower levels. Plus her basic attack gives her a heal equal to 100% of the damage she deals so if you mod her up correctly and she hits for big damage, you get a big time heal for herself and she's back in action. I still wouldn't use her in arena though. For arena, if I had the right squad composition, I'd go for some like Akbar who offers other skills over just the heal. Lumi is too slow and her heal takes a long time to cycle (even with the omega). She's really easy to ability block/stun and because so many toons can debuff now, her heal over time isn't as good as it used to be IMO.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Healers were just about neutered in Arena. I see a few Lumi's out there. She's probably the best one for offense with Daka and her stun / multi stun a close second. Daka's revive also makes her viable.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Lumi is the best "healer"
    Not as a leader either, but with evasion lead, Old Ben, she does fine.
    Her damage output is good compared to any other healers and her ability block on special is timely. I would run her over Bariss. Daka, while stuns are great is weak, and dies fairly easy.
    I like AA as a healer myself, but can be hit or miss as well.
    But Basically if you aren't behind a RG, a healer is a moot point.