Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    StuGrady wrote: »
    The problem is that there is a huge disparity between those players that are F2P and those who are P2P and it's unfair for those of us who cannot afford to throw hundreds of pounds on a game to be facing clearly overwhelming Whale squads with ridiculous price tags!

Simply not true. I'm F2P and I finish GW everyday in about 20 minutes. Sometimes I have to retreat once or twice at the last 3 tiers, but that doesn't matter.
  • StuGrady
    21 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    But it seems everyone is facing different scenarios? Some get an easy life, I get squads way beyond me which I still beat aside from tonight, it's simply not consistent for everyone when it should be
  • There nothing more I hate about this game than GW. I hate GW more than any credit crunch, training droid crunch, gear drop rate, shard drop rate, mod drop rate, bad randomized raid rewards, bugged toons, broken pieces of the game, and basically anything else you can think of. GW **** sucks. Having to spend 2 hours trying to complete it is nothing but bull .... You know what. The "increased" credits as rewards is a joke for the time having to put into it. Guild mates are dropping like flies bc they can't stand it.

When are you going to listen to the masses on GW and make the changes your players want? The rewards suck and IT TAKES WAY TO LONG to complete / try to complete.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    If you ever feel like you're losing against a node cause of bad RNG, I suggest you keep retreating until RNG goes in your favor.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • StuGrady
    21 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    For example look at Jag'r setup!!! I'd love those toons, maxed as far as they could go, good synergy, modded to the hilt and I limp in with my squad, no protection left after battling through tier 11!!! I manage to defeat him after a load of attempts, throwing suicide teams in etc. BUT his squad grossly over powers anything I have! I doubt many would've perceviered but I don't like defeat and try everything to win and always do, until tonight when my main squad was completed taken out in one wave!? Didn't even have an opportunity to retreat to rethink and re deploy!? It was some freakish RNG where Qui and Rey had three attacks before I could even click retreat?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @StuGrady in that scenario force closing the app also works. It takes longer to start the game back up, but you'll still have a chance at victory.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Cheers @leef I will remember that for next time
  • @vorgen my arena power is less than 35 but I'm usually well within the top 100 - 50 in Arena
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Wow.....you have exactly ONE character at Gear X and you pull THOSE squads at the end?????

OK, NOW I get why some people are not able to finish GW. Man, that's WAY above level. I've been waiting for someone to flex some proof of roster and last nodes and now we've seen it. There's NO WAY you should be facing that at the end. NO way.

@StuGrady - I think we're ALL having completely different experiences. I'm not going to say what MY experience is, but man, I'm so sorry dude. That just sucks. With your roster you'd be able to peel off protection from one toon before kaboom.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Aniema, see above mate. I consider myself to be a very good tactician and understand strategy very well! Like I said it's the first time tonight that there has been a real problem. I do always punch above my weight, my Arena squad power is low but my rank is high usually floating around the 70-120 mark.

I'm gonna tell you the exact thing you need to do and you'll never run into gw troubles again. Please get yourself Baris and Old Daka. You have no idea how much trouble those 2 toons will save you from. Toons like magnagaurd and Kylo Ren isn't gonna help you as much as Baris and Daka will. I've always said if people have troubles in this game it's something they are either not doing right or their roster is lacking. Thank you for posting pics cause that will help others to help you. You need Baris and Old Daka asap. Also get you GS and Yoda to max gear/star/level. Yoda with the foresight can keep your teams protection all the way to the 11th node easily. GS now with the addition of mods..especially crit mods will help boost your squads damage greatly. No more needing to take 3-4 turns to kill RG or Fives now cause Rey and GS get the job done very quickly. Most importantly you need Baris and Old Daka. I would start farming those 2 toons soon as possible.
  • Aniema wrote: »
    For people like myself that finish Galatic wars in roughly 25 minutes I can't understand why people have so much trouble with it. My toons aren't special. Phasam(L),Qgj,GS,Rey and Yoda. All of them are in tier 10 gear and level 15 mods. I have spent some money but I don't consider myself a whale. I have 40 7* toons. My highest squad power is 39,500.

So when people I see complain about Gws or certain toons like Rey for example my game mind fram kicks in. The toons I listed are free to play. Easy to get. And work great together. Its almost like I am not playing the same game as other people, but I really am so there has got to be a reason why I can easily beat things on this game and others cannot.

OP whatever your doing. Whatever strategies your using, whatever squad your using, whatever gear your using, mods, abilities...whatever....is not working. With the team I listed anyone should get through Gws everyday with no exceptions. My squad power is high enough to where I am facing the hardest teams possible. So for me to be able to finish Gws everyday within 30 minutes and for others to not be able to finish it leads me to believe peopl are doing something wrong. Too many people come to these forums to vent their frustration but hardly any of them say what teams they use, gear they use, or anything. If people would do that it would give a clearer understanding of what's going on and can help you.

We all play this game but that doesn't mean we are all good gamers. There are some good gamers. There are some bad gamers. That's just the way it is.

Man, calling him out for being a bad gamer. Dude just sat through a rough 3-4 hours of playing GW and he comes on here to vent a little and ask for some help, and you just take a poop in his easter basket. Ah well can't really hate on you either, at least you took some time to give him an idea of a team that could work for him. Personally I use Captain Plasma, Royal PITA, Old Hag, ***** with a stick, and QGJ to clear GW. I've also used Tim Tebow, Elder, Old Hag, ***** with a stick and Royal PITA to clear it too. Works great. All F2P.

I agree with you about when people complain about Rey being OP as she is not. However, he's not complaining about that. I personally do not have any issue with GW. In fact I find it way too easy, it takes me 15 minutes and then I wish I could play it again for more rewards. I have 32 7* toons and then a few at 6*, something like 15 of them are gear X or higher. So yeah, that's why GW is not an issue. I run one team through the whole thing.

But in looking at this poor sod's roster I don't see any reason why he's facing a fully modded team with max power at node 12. Yeahhh it's true, the node 12 could be harder. He could be facing my team, which would be tougher than any of the one's he's presently facing. But still it's a difficult node. That said, OP, you did post that this was the first time in 6 months that you didn't beat GW. Kudos to you for nearly always winning. But I guess sometimes part of the challenge is, you don't always win? Right? If you weren't winning 5 out of 7 day's a week, I guess I'd say I completely agree and it needs a rework. But, if you're winning, then hey, you're winning. I'd want it to take less time too, but look at it this way: the time you're playing the game getting frustrated at those teams like mine, you could be out on the street buying crack. So the game has saved you from being a crackhead, seems to me like you owe it one.

Aniema, see above mate. I consider myself to be a very good tactician and understand strategy very well! Like I said it's the first time tonight that there has been a real problem. I do always punch above my weight, my Arena squad power is low but my rank is high usually floating around the 70-120 mark.

I'm gonna tell you the exact thing you need to do and you'll never run into gw troubles again. Please get yourself Baris and Old Daka. You have no idea how much trouble those 2 toons will save you from. Toons like magnagaurd and Kylo Ren isn't gonna help you as much as Baris and Daka will. I've always said if people have troubles in this game it's something they are either not doing right or their roster is lacking. Thank you for posting pics cause that will help others to help you. You need Baris and Old Daka asap. Also get you GS and Yoda to max gear/star/level. Yoda with the foresight can keep your teams protection all the way to the 11th node easily. GS now with the addition of mods..especially crit mods will help boost your squads damage greatly. No more needing to take 3-4 turns to kill RG or Fives now cause Rey and GS get the job done very quickly. Most importantly you need Baris and Old Daka. I would start farming those 2 toons soon as possible.

for me its all about the stuns, I use phasma lead, rg, daka, rey and gs and I usually complete with just this team, sometimes ill sub in rex or qgj if I need a dispeller or taunt remover, but usually having 2 stunners is enough to take out any team
  • So sick of the grind in GW, take away all the rewards and put them elsewhere. That way we can get what we need without wasting so much of our day.
  • I agree it's absolutely stupid now...takes forever and rewards aren't that great even completing them still a terrible lack of credits
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    @StuGrady - I will say this: For a level 80 player, you are SUPREMELY undergeared right now. If you aren't in a guild that does Tier 7 raids, you're really doing yourself a disservice at that level. If you aren't modded, you really need to be at this point in time.

Characters - You really need to get POSSIBLY Barriss. You need to get your QGJ, Daka, Phasma, RG and maybe another taunting tank up to speed ASAP. You need to max out Teebo's leadership skill. That will help immensely. I ran Teebo lead for a few weeks in GW and had less issues. Stop farming and leveling other toons like Greedo, B2, Magma, Nute, Biggs, etc. etc. Leveling toons the are terrible unless they're for challenges and events are pointless for you right now.

TL:DR - Level / gear / mod up Phasma for lead, Daka, QGJ, RG and Rey. This will help you immensely.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • OP, have recently improved the any of your top 5 toons?

Curious if you reached some sort of tipping point.

I think going against gear 10 and 11 toons with mods could become an issue because stats like health, offense, and protection are improved based on percentage.

However if only a small % of your roster is even close to that than that's where the problems will begin.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    @JulenGales

Yes I realize I came off as a ****. Some people deserve it and some don't. The OP didn't. I have to give it to the OP for posting pics of his roster. If everyone that has problems beating something in the game would do that then more people ahead of the curve could offer advice. There are tons of people who complain on these forums that something is too hard or whatever and the problem is 100% because their roster isn't strong enough. Like I said again though if the OP gets Baris and Daka(stunner) then Gws will no longer be a problem.
  • When ea gave us the free credits of 350k they barely made a dent in leveling my mods or leveling my teams for mod challenge. This was not a slap in the face but more a realization of just how much the cost of everything has changed.

I am also upset about the galactic war change. I do not have endless teams to throw at the last nodes . I also do not have the achievement for winning galactic war I was hoping for my Vader shards .

The other thing is mod challenge the teams i do not have and what got me in trouble is leveling for just yoda event. Because I spent all my time gearing up for that event I can not do other events. It is forcing this game to be a chore that is not fun.

The other issue is how this last update changed the way my guild is. The haves showed no mercy for the have nots. Nobody cares about those who are suffering to try to keep up. We are apparently complaining because this game has become a unfun chore.
  • Weezy34
    117 posts Member
    2 things

1 - Can we dumb down node 6, please, I've been facing lvl 80 G10 and G11 fully modded teams for a couple of days now at node 6. I can beat it, but it takes wearing out my best squad so much I've been having difficulties finishing GW. The lack of credits has made it extremely difficult to have several fully modded teams.

2 - speaking of credits, could we increase credits more? Or increase them more somewhere else, like maybe arena. 40k for finishing top 5 is a joke.... Everyone in top 10 should be brining in 100K credits at least. This would be an easy way to add credits and keep pushing competition in arena.
  • Meecham
    103 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Dan @CG_JohnSalera Can we please have back our developers from June 11?:

Hot Topics
    Galactic War – still one of the most discussed topics in the community, the team has been doing a lot of internal testing to find a way to make Galactic War more enjoyable. The first step is making it not take near as long, and the development team has a solution for this. Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete. We’ll continue to monitor how players are interacting with Galactic War and make additional tuning changes as needed.
  • With your current teams run old Ben lead with lumi qgj Rey and 5s.... Should get you through pretty well.... However as soon as possible get daka... Her stuns are invaluable.... I run dooku (L) qgj gs rey and daka.... Dooku stuns Jedi and daka stuns the rest while gs qgj and rey rain down damage... I get through all but the last 2 nodes with that team where I swap out daka for a tank and Phasma for dooku.... Or teebo lead if it's a team with lots of counters like 5s dooku aayla or Sun fac....
  • Take the **** mod teams out of GW. GW + Mods makes me HATE this game right now. One well modded team shouldn't be able to take out my top 4 teams. The modded team I am going up against right now kills 3 members of my team before I even get a chance to go, no matter what combination I try to use.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    I was complaining last week too. It is beatable I have beaten it the last two days finally. Check out using stun toons and TM strategy. It does work
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Still mad with drop rates and credit crunch
  • Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    OP, I feel your pain. I go up against ridiculous builds, and my roster is similar to yours. But I don't have any g10. I could, but refrain from beefing up my top 5 roster going forward. GW is a 50/50 chance to beat. Today I fell lower on the totem pole.
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Nobody wrote: »

Same here... Also, GW is doable for me, but they need to increase the rewards if they'll keep GW this dificult

• Nobody
    225 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

Same here... Also, GW is doable for me, but they need to increase the rewards if they'll keep GW this dificult

Agreed

For people like myself that finish Galatic wars in roughly 25 minutes I can't understand why people have so much trouble with it. My toons aren't special. Phasam(L),Qgj,GS,Rey and Yoda. All of them are in tier 10 gear and level 15 mods. I have spent some money but I don't consider myself a whale. I have 40 7* toons. My highest squad power is 39,500.

So when people I see complain about Gws or certain toons like Rey for example my game mind fram kicks in. The toons I listed are free to play. Easy to get. And work great together. Its almost like I am not playing the same game as other people, but I really am so there has got to be a reason why I can easily beat things on this game and others cannot.

OP whatever your doing. Whatever strategies your using, whatever squad your using, whatever gear your using, mods, abilities...whatever....is not working. With the team I listed anyone should get through Gws everyday with no exceptions. My squad power is high enough to where I am facing the hardest teams possible. So for me to be able to finish Gws everyday within 30 minutes and for others to not be able to finish it leads me to believe peopl are doing something wrong. Too many people come to these forums to vent their frustration but hardly any of them say what teams they use, gear they use, or anything. If people would do that it would give a clearer understanding of what's going on and can help you.

We all play this game but that doesn't mean we are all good gamers. There are some good gamers. There are some bad gamers. That's just the way it is.

And there are some gamers who have access to a significant pool of characters and some that dont.
    Thats not good, or bad - thats time spent or money spent. The problem is the less developed players are facing the same obstacles without the tools to overcome them. Thats got zero to do with skill.
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    @StuGrady - I will say this: For a level 80 player, you are SUPREMELY undergeared right now. If you aren't in a guild that does Tier 7 raids, you're really doing yourself a disservice at that level. If you aren't modded, you really need to be at this point in time.

Characters - You really need to get POSSIBLY Barriss. You need to get your QGJ, Daka, Phasma, RG and maybe another taunting tank up to speed ASAP. You need to max out Teebo's leadership skill. That will help immensely. I ran Teebo lead for a few weeks in GW and had less issues. Stop farming and leveling other toons like Greedo, B2, Magma, Nute, Biggs, etc. etc. Leveling toons the are terrible unless they're for challenges and events are pointless for you right now.

TL:DR - Level / gear / mod up Phasma for lead, Daka, QGJ, RG and Rey. This will help you immensely.

OP--Completely agree with pac0naut and a number of the other respondents. F2P folks can finish GW, its not just a paid thing. You are L80, but a practically all of your roster except for Lumi is way undertrained or undergeared. To run the GW table, you need maxed healers and tanks. Your JC is at L70, RG is only 5 starred, and Talia and Daka are in the L60s. A maxed Lumi, Daka, and RG carry me through GW. If you want to succeed at GW, I would focus your energy and credits to get them on par with your Lumi.

Your likely response--how do I get them to Lumi's level if I can't get the credits from GW? Unfortunately, it just takes time. This won't happen overnight. This will take weeks.

• GW are horrible. Last nod is completely stupid. All enemy caracteres have 2000 more puissance than mine. They are all Gear 10 and 11 while i have 8.
    I didnt complete any gw since last update.
    Fix this...