I just quit this game, and I'll tell you why...

Prev1
PeterPwn
37 posts Member
edited January 2016
Reason: Galactic war is no longer fun.

Galactic War: This game mode is absolutely flawed. If they reset the special abilities between rounds that would make it at least tolerable to play. But at the start of every round the other team has all of their abilities and I'm still stuck in cool down. The other issue is that I am facing teams as powerful as mine by the 4th round. With the changes to retreat I have to use force close and I end up spending hours trying to beat the **** mode. I load up, Dooku double stuns me, and I force close and repeat until that doesn't happen.

What changes should be made to Galactic War:
-Reset special abilities between rounds
-Allow 3-5 retreats PER War
-Disallow force close

Until these changes are made I will no longer play this game, it is far too frustrating and infuriating.

Replies

• Baal
    602 posts Member
    Wheeeeee!
  • I personally like the changes, each to their own! I hope you enjoy whatever game you move onto, GL and hope to see you back in the future :)
  • I hate the change it took a ton of fun out of it, however it has forced you to strategically manage your specials.
  • When will you guys get this through your head? GW is SUPPOSED to be hard! It's designed for the higher level players that have developed multiple characters besides your starting team. You are going to have your guys die and your trek to finish GW. The developers have stated this multiple times and never intended for players to retreat out of a battle when things don't go your way. I am able to consistently finish GW because I have an array of other characters to plug in when my guys die. This took me a while to get other guys leveled and geared and it will take you a while too.
  • Umm.. I respect all of your opinions and sentiment.

That being said, Can I have your stuff?
  • For what it's worth, Retreat now behaves like Force Close: quote from CG

as long as you press Retreat before the battle ends, you exit the battle and everything is reset as if you hadn’t started the battle. It’s an instant rewind

So now you can FC much easier and faster, although that might not be enough to satisfy everyone compared to the old-Retreat.
  • How would you want to prevent players of using force close? I basically see 3 diffent possibilities, but all of them got their problem: First of all the game cannot prevent being closed, so playes will always have the option to force close.
    If you would just kill all chars that are in battle when a force claose happens, you would get much problems with crashes, because the game basically cannot differ between a force close and a crash, and because the app is crashing a lot, it would be a real issue.
    If you would just reset everything on the beginning of the battle when a force close happens, it would be as it is right now, but that seems bad to you, right?
    If you would set everything to the state just before the force close, the game would need a constant internet connection, to upload everything that happens to the server, because during a force close the temporary data of the app are lost. For players with slow internet connections this would be horriblem because it would slow them down dramatically.
    As you see there is no perfect option how to treat a force close, but tell me how you would "fix" it?
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    I am indifferent to the change. It was one way, now it's another. After you get a bunch of characters leveled is okay to let some die and sub in others. Swapping a character mid battle was nice, but so is a reset button.
  • I don't mind the changes. I'm still completing GW every other day.
  • I don't see a problem with the change either i never used this retreat since i have started the gw i make it a little farther each time today made it to my last battle and lost hopefully I will complete my first one soon and all my opponents are the same level as me and some better personal I like it just the way it is it's actually challenging
  • Bye!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Didn't read your post. Just wanted you to know that.
  • Your loss, cya
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    JerBu wrote: »
    Didn't read your post. Just wanted you to know that.

I read your post. Just wanted YOU to know that.
  • Sound like the GW was too hard so you rage quite rather than thinking about why you weren't able to win.

The GW isn't supposed to be easy, it should take some thought. Otherwise we would all just auto the entire thing.
  • somegame8861
    271 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    GW is much better this way, you could understand battle strategy better
    Post edited by somegame8861 on
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Dang, @BentWookie is like a ninja vulture. I was gonna ask for OP's stuff too but I'm too late. :(
  • PeterPwn has been pwned
  • Svargas wrote: »
    When will you guys get this through your head? GW is SUPPOSED to be hard! It's designed for the higher level players that have developed multiple characters besides your starting team. You are going to have your guys die and your trek to finish GW. The developers have stated this multiple times and never intended for players to retreat out of a battle when things don't go your way. I am able to consistently finish GW because I have an array of other characters to plug in when my guys die. This took me a while to get other guys leveled and geared and it will take you a while too.

Hey bud I never said it was hard so chill. GW is not hard still. I also spent a lot of time building an army. I simply don't like that you can keep resetting and restarting it is pretty lame. I liked wave attacking to. It was a "fun" thing for me, not a necessary to win thing, but a fun thing.

The thing I do like, which is in my post today, is how this change makes you use your specials more wisely. Made them have to be used in a more strategic way. That is fun, not as fun as my wave play, but it is fun and did add to the difficulty factor, though I'm in a position as a toon collector that it really didn't effect me.
  • Triple_S wrote: »
    How would you want to prevent players of using force close? I basically see 3 diffent possibilities, but all of them got their problem: First of all the game cannot prevent being closed, so playes will always have the option to force close.
    If you would just kill all chars that are in battle when a force claose happens, you would get much problems with crashes, because the game basically cannot differ between a force close and a crash, and because the app is crashing a lot, it would be a real issue.
    If you would just reset everything on the beginning of the battle when a force close happens, it would be as it is right now, but that seems bad to you, right?
    If you would set everything to the state just before the force close, the game would need a constant internet connection, to upload everything that happens to the server, because during a force close the temporary data of the app are lost. For players with slow internet connections this would be horriblem because it would slow them down dramatically.
    As you see there is no perfect option how to treat a force close, but tell me how you would "fix" it?

But @CG_JohnSalera clarified already that when they saw the old retreat, it was definitely nit what they had originaly envisioned, and that the reset was pretty much what they had in mind. They could also just as easily block reset....trivial. The reason they didn't do it is force close was working right already.
    This last point I've seen elsewhere and wanted to address it.

Basically the contention is that we took this approach because leaving the prior approach to Retreat and "fixing" it was hard. Or that the more complex approach was too low of an ROI. Or other reasons posited which basically mean we took the lazy way out.

Believe me or not, that's not the case.

We did what we did in order to bring the feature back in line with the design vision.
  • ok, retreat was an **** mechanic. they still put in in intentionally, they just didn't have anything better (cut the crap about "it was never intended blah blah, lol)

it was replaced by something no less ****, unfortunately. It doesnt look like an exploit anymore, instead it (GW) got more mundane.... wait/reset/waste time till you get a good stun roll? **** is that?

I'm with you OP...more or less.... essentially letting my 4 years old play this game - ho for some reason likes Darth Vader! Me, back to Summoners War/Dungeon Boss full time....
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Dang, @BentWookie is like a ninja vulture. I was gonna ask for OP's stuff too but I'm too late. :(

Sorry.. I was going to write "Name does not check out"2njkas7.jpg.. But I got rushed and went with that.

You can have the next one.. This same topic comes up at least once every hour! :D
  • Cleaner
    192 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Retreat is weaksauce. Yes lets keep resetting until we find the exact kill order that will keep my team alive and other team dead. Now I just sit there on autobattle targetting different enemies with each retreat, over and over when the going gets tough, its even worse than retreat before.

@CG - REMOVE RETREAT OPTION FROM GW. MAKE FORCE CLOSE=AUTO DEATH FOR ALL 5 CHARACTERS.

Anything short of this is just stupid. Just so stupid and pointless.
  • somegame8861
    271 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't understand the whole argument here. People are complaining that 15 free shards a day plus .5M gold, training droids etc, is too much? What's the argument?
    If you use Luminra as leader, Dooku, Sid, 555s or tank, Kylo or something phys damage, you can get through GW without retreat reset. Just have to know how, unless opponent Sid decides to first skill attack instead of AOE, or you've gotten some P2W team
  • If you feel that you are behind for you have not been clever enough to discover all the tricks in the game, start a new server and dominate this time around
  • People are so mean here to the OP, doesn't make sense. It's like, if the guy was suicidal, you people would offer him ways on how he could kill himself and cheer him on while he did it, it's not cool...

ADMINS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    ok, retreat was an **** mechanic. they still put in in intentionally, they just didn't have anything better (cut the crap about "it was never intended blah blah, lol)

it was replaced by something no less ****, unfortunately. It doesnt look like an exploit anymore, instead it (GW) got more mundane.... wait/reset/waste time till you get a good stun roll? **** is that?

I'm with you OP...more or less.... essentially letting my 4 years old play this game - ho for some reason likes Darth Vader! Me, back to Summoners War/Dungeon Boss full time....

Don't forget that when you program an app, you have to tell it exactly what happens when the app closes. It's never the case that the app knows what to do. For the last battle t nrestart, they need to exactly program it that way, consciiusly every stepnof the way..and then they do unit tests and acceptance test. However, how any feature is used is different. For example, they never anticipated all the dancing and debuffing of partial retreats.

• So long buddy
  • 1. No one cares.
    2. Yeah no one cares.
    3. Still don't care
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    PeterPwn wrote: »
    Reason: Galactic war is no longer fun.

Galactic War: This game mode is absolutely flawed. If they reset the special abilities between rounds that would make it at least tolerable to play. But at the start of every round the other team has all of their abilities and I'm still stuck in cool down. The other issue is that I am facing teams as powerful as mine by the 4th round. With the changes to retreat I have to use force close and I end up spending hours trying to beat the **** mode. I load up, Dooku double stuns me, and I force close and repeat until that doesn't happen.

What changes should be made to Galactic War:
    -Reset special abilities between rounds
    -Allow 3-5 retreats PER War
    -Disallow force close

Until these changes are made I will no longer play this game, it is far too frustrating and infuriating.

Your missing the point of GW. Its not supposed to be easily beatable. If u got all ur cooldows etc after each round it would be far less challenging.

Challenge is the point here, its a marathon. Your supposed to strategically fight each round so u go into the next w/ as much health/cooldown as possible. Swap toons in/out before each match to counter your opponet etc.

If thats not for you thats fine but it is the point of GW. Asking them to change it to fit how you want it to be so u can play how you want is rediculous.

Sorry if thats not the answer you wanted but it is what it is