Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Something odd happened to me about 4 days ago. Gw all of a sudden was quite a bit easier. Beforehand I was like most others not being able to complete gw about every other day. Last 4 days I've completed it with my gw team only straight through evenn with some protection left on Rey. Arena power 38362 fully modded with easy node 12. Hopefully this happens for some other folks as it's infuriating not finishing gw to me
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    I would just like to have a record of how Galactic War has progressed, in my eyes, since the games released. So here goes...

Nov.-Jan. -Okay, max level, GW is doable on the daily. I like this. But I do need more Credits.
    Jan-June- Not even a challenge anymore. But, still need more Credits. Ah. They should increase the credit drop and difficulty of GW a little bit. That'd make it more worthy of my time.
    June-Now- Please go back. I haven't beaten a GW in weeks. I don't even try on most days to be honest. I'm that demoralized. Using 25 7* toons, and being crushed by the same teams. Over. And over. And over again. The credit buff isn't even noticeable. Maybe it would be if I could beat it, but that's impossible. According to 50%+ of the games community.

And thus I conclude. A brief history of Galactic War.

Just because you have 25 7* toons doesn't guarantee 100% completion. You need the right toons. For example say you use Chewy,Sid,Lumi,Qgj and Thalia, you won't get far with that team. Now use Baris(L), old Daka, Qgj, Rey and GS, you will have far better success. Add Phasma,ig86 and Yoda, the success rate increases. Some days you may need to run 3 healers. Somedays you won't. As someone who finishes Gws everyday in about 30 minutes, with a squad power of 39,500 I would say the devs are right in the money with Gws being very closely balanced. It's the rosters we have with the toons chosen that are more of a problem as to why people can't finish Gws. I was like all of you, I couldn't finish Gws and I can't level up toons without the credits I get from Gws, basically I felt stuck. But I past that threshold and grinded my way to make today my 157th GW. You can too you just need the right toons.
  • 3000 posts totally ignored. And counting.
  • I run Barriss (L) QGJ Rey daka Lumi. All g10-11 except Barriss who's at 8 yet and I was still failing it. Had great backup characters too. I wholeheartedly agree about having the correct toons but sometimes that's still not enough
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    32 7* toons lvl 80.... what gear and mods?l

Maybe this is what happens when you blow all your credits on leveling and promotions?

If your 32 toons are already geared and modded... what do you need credits for, anymore? You won, already, hahahahha.
  • Dabears
    15 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I rarely even attempt to go further than node 8 anymore. Before the update it was too easy as I just used an all healer squad and completed it without losing a single character 94 times in a row. Now I can't even take my top squad with higher power than my arena squad pass node 6 without losing a character. Then nodes 9-12 are against squads stinger than my strongest possible squad. Node 12 the opponent is typically 8k stronger than my highest possible and I rarely even get to attack other than a counter if lucky enough to not be one shorted.GW needed to be more difficult but is now impossible.

Update: I've decided to ignore strategy and even stopped retreating. I now just auto the first 5 battles and exit GW. It is just no longer enjoyable. Luckily I can still enjoy other aspects of the game.
    Post edited by Dabears on
  • Astateofmind
    160 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Today's gw (after hardly passing node 6 after few resets).

I'm level 71 btw.

IMG_0244.png

IMG_0245.png

IMG_0246.png

IMG_0247.png

IMG_0248.png

IMG_0249.png

Opinions?

• Galactic war is now the worst part of the game. It's slow, boring and completely broken. The developers of the game need to start improving game play not coding in more and more bugs.
  • The worst, is that EA devs keep silence. They even dont care of our legitimate complain. The game become unpleasant, frustrating, a lost cause.

Why?

Astateofmind, that's just ridiculous fight. When I have such enemy team, i even dont try it and stop the current GW.
  • Wait why so many complaint here?

No officers will or can reply you no matter what
  • I guess the developers are not reacting because there are a sufficient number of players completing GW every day. I also struggled with GW quite some days, it was annoying and frustrating, so I absolutely understand each of the posts complaining about GW.
    But after I focussed on the right toons I've been able to complete GW every single day. So it's not impossible but you probably need to close some strategic gaps in your teams as well.
  • Well, they still haven't fixed the joke node 12s. On the flip side, I beat a GW for the first time since the change. So yay? It was still such a frustrating experience that I derived no joy from the conquest.
  • Daddyl
    46 posts Member
    Another gw ****. 5s wiped out 20 toons
  • I'm beating it everyday with my arena team in about 20 mins (38k power, all of them F2P toons). Secret is gear your toons (10-11), mod your toons (mine have health or defense so far), and have a few replacement characters.

And some very useful trick is level 1 suicide squad... yes level 1, only to trigger abilities that annoy your main team. You need that STH to taunt so you can dispell RG and kill Rey 1st ? send level 1 suicide squad. You need old Ben to persuade the wrong team ? that would be level 1 suicide squad. You don't want Leia to vanish so you can deliver her in time to Vader ? Guess who you need... level 1 suicide team.

And I will add that back when I was level 50, I couldn't complete GW. So I farmed toons, got up to level 70 (which was max level) and then I was able to complete GW.

Last piece of advice, the main resource you need in this game is... patience. Building a team takes months.
  • I have beaten GW only a few times since "the change" can it be done sure. The point is it shouldn't take over an hour to complete an entire GW. Not to mention credits are hard enough to come by and now with 90% of players not being able to do it everyday only adds to the pockets of the developers. As said in other replies stop spending the cash and something will change. I personally haven't bought anything in 2 weeks and will not until this cash hungry move is reverted. It was supposed to be fun...THIS IS NOT FUN ANYMORE
  • KiithAnor
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Just got 3 characters wiped out by a team of 4. 22 consecutive attacks without a single chance at retreat or attack myself. Seriously, what is going on????
  • Qihou
    1 posts Member
    I can not get through GW any more. It is too hard!
    Maybe it is time to leave for another game!

Anyway, thank EA!
  • I would just like to have a record of how Galactic War has progressed, in my eyes, since the games released. So here goes...

Nov.-Jan. -Okay, max level, GW is doable on the daily. I like this. But I do need more Credits.
    Jan-June- Not even a challenge anymore. But, still need more Credits. Ah. They should increase the credit drop and difficulty of GW a little bit. That'd make it more worthy of my time.
    June-Now- Please go back. I haven't beaten a GW in weeks. I don't even try on most days to be honest. I'm that demoralized. Using 25 7* toons, and being crushed by the same teams. Over. And over. And over again. The credit buff isn't even noticeable. Maybe it would be if I could beat it, but that's impossible. According to 50%+ of the games community.

And thus I conclude. A brief history of Galactic War.

They had a little spike (late winter methnks), when GW suddenly became impossible on Wednesday. There was a huge uproar, ratings dropped to 1.5*, they fixed it over the weekend. I think that was the first real scare EA got...
  • leef wrote: »
    my GW history:
    didnt know about retreat, didnt clear GW alot.
    figured out that you could retreat, cleared every GW since.

Yeah, it took me a few weeks to figure that out back in Dec/Jan... :(
  • I just love it when someone comes here and says "GW is fine, you're playing the game wrong". It's like a healthy person coming to a hospital and shouting over PA "I'm healthy, see! You're sick, it's all your fault, stop complaining, you will not get any medicine, why don't you all just die or learn how to change something when you were 5 years old...".
  • Completed GW today, but barely. Lost half a roster in the process, and the half that was left would not stand a chance even if they all come at once on a single Fives I had to deal with at Node 12... EA, are you listening? This is not WAI! If it was, why are we having 100+ pages in this thread?
  • And, to add insult to injury, 37K+ guys continue to enjoy blue/green teams in their Node 12. This is definitely WAI, no questions...
  • I faced a team with maxed Mods, speed boosted to the hilt. They all hit like trucks with their basic, and RG had 80K Health. Gear 11 Anakina, Rex, QJG, Gear 10 RG, Ayala all omegad too. When they got done with their first round of attacks(after using a suicide squad to use up specials) using just basic attacks I had 3 toons standing. I got 1 round of attacks then they mopped it up. That was my A team. I didn't even manage to take more than 10% of protection away from any of them.

If a dev could take my remaining roster and beat that team, I would literally never complain about GW again.
  • Today's gw (after hardly passing node 6 after few resets).
    I'm level 71 btw.
    IMG_0244.png
    Opinions?

@Astateofmind I'd give my left arm for a node 12 like that. But at L71, it would be very tough. What I would do is bring in a squad of DPS to focus down Sid; you might need a debuffer like QGJ to dispell the Chewie taunt. When they were gone, I would bring in my main GW squad with healers to bring down Phasma and Lumi. When they were gone, I would try stunning Dooku and working him down. Leave Chewie for last.
    I'm level 71 btw.
    IMG_0244.png
    Opinions?

@Astateofmind I'd give my left arm for a node 12 like that. But at L71, it would be very tough. What I would do is bring in a squad of DPS to focus down Sid; you might need a debuffer like QGJ to dispell the Chewie taunt. When they were gone, I would bring in my main GW squad with healers to bring down Phasma and Lumi. When they were gone, I would try stunning Dooku and working him down. Leave Chewie for last.

I would do the same if I would have that many toons. But beside my Main team I pretty much have rubbish. And no credits to make it better. Keeping one team at its peak it's so consuming ...
    I'm level 71 btw.
    IMG_0244.png
    Opinions?

I would do the same if I would have that many toons. But beside my Main team I pretty much have rubbish. And no credits to make it better. Keeping one team at its peak it's so consuming ...

Yes, this is the point where you have to build your bench to beat GW. I've got three squads I use for GW and it isn't enough anymore. So I'm stuck at 9 or 10 until I can bring more bench players into the upper echelon.
  • The issue with the "you have to build your bench to beat GW" advise, while good in general, lies in the fact that you need mats/credits/gear to build your bench, and higher nodes of GW is the primary source of them. Credits from Nodes 7-12 are like ~450K out of ~550K, I'm pretty sure rest of the rewards follow the pattern. Probably no purple mats or purple gear before Node 7, either. So, if you, as many here, stuck on Node 6, how are you supposed to "grow" on 18% of your regular income and no advanced items? Great advise, truly... #WAI :(
  • DarthSLR wrote: »
    And, to add insult to injury, 37K+ guys continue to enjoy blue/green teams in their Node 12. This is definitely WAI, no questions...

It's really not insult to injury because those players are facing tougher competition the first 11 nodes. They wouldn't get to the "practice squad" without going through the algorithm to get there...that is, facing all the possible squads above their power by determined percentage. No need to make it an us vs. them argument.

• DarthSLR wrote: »
    The issue with the "you have to build your bench to beat GW" advise, while good in general, lies in the fact that you need mats/credits/gear to build your bench, and higher nodes of GW is the primary source of them. Credits from Nodes 7-12 are like ~450K out of ~550K, I'm pretty sure rest of the rewards follow the pattern. Probably no purple mats or purple gear before Node 7, either. So, if you, as many here, stuck on Node 6, how are you supposed to "grow" on 18% of your regular income and no advanced items? Great advise, truly... #WAI :(

Preaching to the choir, Darth. It ticks me off that I already went through the GW bench growing pains six months ago and now I have to do it again. Only this time it requires building new heroes to extremely high levels before they can even start to help. ****.