The current flavor of the month Arena DPS team

So I have basically a 4 or 5 star every character in the game and have been thinking of the best Area team. Since DPS reks right now this is what I came up with...

The Glass Cannon Pew Pew Build:

Sidious (L)- +Crit damage & +Crit% is going to be important
Princess Leia- pew pew
FOTP- pew pew
Poe Dameron- Taunt/ make sure your DPS goes first
Luminara- Heals/Silence

In a perfect world, Poe taunts ensuring your Leia and FOTP go first before the enemy. You can burst down the enemy Sidious (Because everyone has a Sidious) before he can AOE/DoT. Afterwards the enemy wont be able to hit your squishies. In order for this to work you MUST attack first. If the enemy team has a Poe or Poggle or for some reason goes first and kills one of your DPS's its game over. This build works for me because DPS is so strong right now. Counters are heavy AOE teams. Counter Attackers like Dooku are not much trouble as I find they get bursted down before they do.

Notable mentions-

CT-5555- Has high HP and can counter & Assist
Poggle the Lesser- Speed & Ability block
Qui-Gon Jinn- Very fast, cleanse and awesome assist
Rey- Coin flip glass cannon. Potential to one shot. Great when she crits 3 times.
Daka- Auto stuns and sometimes has a clutch revive.
Lando- AOE bombs

Just trying to decide on what build to pursue. I dont have the resources to level up and gear everybody.

Replies

• I tried your first team but had to switch out leia for daka. Probably because i am only lv52 and my opponents are 57+ purple and me gear6. Good teams go before me and kill off leia and/or fotp. My poe is not fast enough yet, probably will with purple gear.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Mine is this and I stick between 3-8 on my server in PvP:

Phasma
    QJG
    FOTP
    Leia
    Poe

Working on getting Poggle and Poe maxed because they are crazy powerful.
  • You may want to try Geo, qui gon, Poe, fotp + phasma lead.

I am f2p and can't so don't know if it actually works as I imagine but I just picture so many attacks :D
  • So I have basically a 4 or 5 star every character in the game and have been thinking of the best Area team. Since DPS reks right now this is what I came up with...

Princess Leia- pew pew
    FOTP- pew pew
    Luminara- Heals/Silence

In a perfect world, Poe taunts ensuring your Leia and FOTP go first before the enemy. You can burst down the enemy Sidious (Because everyone has a Sidious) before he can AOE/DoT. Afterwards the enemy wont be able to hit your squishies. In order for this to work you MUST attack first. If the enemy team has a Poe or Poggle or for some reason goes first and kills one of your DPS's its game over. This build works for me because DPS is so strong right now. Counters are heavy AOE teams. Counter Attackers like Dooku are not much trouble as I find they get bursted down before they do.

Notable mentions-

Rey- Coin flip glass cannon. Potential to one shot. Great when she crits 3 times.
    Lando- AOE bombs

Just trying to decide on what build to pursue. I dont have the resources to level up and gear everybody.

Rey has one node an will always farm slower with increased gap vs your other chars (and arena players. So long term only.

Leia is Lottery only so you have no control but the almighty RNG.

Lando, same as Leia.

FOTP: this one is farmable at 6 tries per day. Even using 100 per day, brings chances to 12, you get maybe 2 shards average per day. Long term. Your other chars eill advance faster than this, much faster, and you'll then be switching to them as to not go down in Arena so hugely.

Considering that Chroium-only depends on RNG unless you have $3000 (to almost 6 star all), this is no way to do a plan. And since chars drop rates vary widely, slow farmed choices will nit bebused short or mid term, so you want to have mid term teams, and long term bets. Any other strategy is just making sure you get less rewards by compkicating GW and Arena, which will fuether pospone your goals due to low Crystals, shards, etc.

Hope this helps.

• Well i got my Leia up to 5 stars. My FOTP is 3☆...I got real lucky on some pulls, Qui Gon almost 5 stars.. I like Rey's character. Really want to implent her one shes starred up. Only 4☆now. My Lando is only 4☆. You would think hiding behind Poe if he can get 2AOEs off he would be strong. But hes to weak to test. Moff Tarkin's AOE skill seem usefull too. 550 Speed reduct. I have a 6 star Cad Bane but ive not messed with a scoundrel build. Maybe with Stotrooper Han he could be usefun.

I prefer Sid as lead for consistency. Phasma assist is too hit and miss. Its just in arena its always the same comp. I just wish one day each persons build is as unique to ones individual playstyle...
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I think in the end game there will be different flavors. The part I don't like current game is that there's nothing preventing others from coping you. Actually, it favors it.

If the game had some personalizarion, then it would add tremendous opportunity to be different. For example an easy way to do this would be to limit abilities to 15 upgrades. You can upgrade everything. So you want a high Single damage Pilot? Or high Humbling? You want a high Assist Qui Gon or High Debuff? You want a Phasma that slows or higher in turn meter manipulation? You could chose ro have 2 very hugh abilities and the third would be more basic level...of course.
  • Rey has three nodes

ONbRu4Jh.jpg
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • On terms of DPS teams I love being a bit outside the box so this is my current team.

Only 13,300 power atb but steamrolling 16.5k with ease so far.

Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    Vader
    Poe
    FOTP

The phasma assists with Vaders possible ability blocks, kylos debuffs, and of course the pure DPS power of FOTP coupled with poes taunt with expose allows for easy culling blade kill with another turn force crush DOT
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    So I have basically a 4 or 5 star every character in the game and have been thinking of the best Area team. Since DPS reks right now this is what I came up with...

Princess Leia- pew pew
    FOTP- pew pew
    Luminara- Heals/Silence

Notable mentions-

Lando- AOE bombs

The team I am running right now is QGJ (leader), Phasma, Poe, FOTP, and Rey. It seems to be working well.
  • EM650 wrote: »

The team I am running right now is QGJ (leader), Phasma, Poe, FOTP, and Rey. It seems to be working well.

Note that other members in your team do not get proc since they are not Jedi!
  • Switch Lumi out for Poggle and watch the enemy burn. That exact team is number 2 on my server and he is a serious...serious pain in my rear end.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    CantonSam wrote: »
    EM650 wrote: »

Note that other members in your team do not get proc since they are not Jedi!

Yes, I may switch Phasma and him, but QGJ does get the benefit of being leader and his call to assist on the first move sometimes really helps get the edge on other teams.
  • Yea thing about Poggle is his skill description specifically says droid allies. Oh well wonder how long devs will let this one slide.

Anyone else notice Leia not pew pewing as much? FOTP still reks. Wish i had a 6 star version. I shudder to think.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Yea thing about Poggle is his skill description specifically says droid allies. Oh well wonder how long devs will let this one slide.

Anyone else notice Leia not pew pewing as much? FOTP still reks. Wish i had a 6 star version. I shudder to think.

Huh, his turn meter boost applies to only droids. His offense up for all allies.
  • U missed one very important dps. Geo soldier. At 70 u can get gs up to gear 9. Fast, crits add turn to turn meter. Also can call assist.

Fotp can't get to gear 9. Not sure about Leia. These 2 will probably get nerfed since they are broken.