Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Xhere wrote: »
    Here my GW secret that most likely be patched after telling you this...

I dont have full details of how GW exactly works when it comes to facing our 12 squad nodes but I do know... your power determines your opponent. With this knowledge - I realize that most people think the arena power is what they go by in determing our foe. It actually only takes the last power you used meaning the last squad of 5 you used to fight with.

So here my secret... first node you battle will always be your easiest... and thats a perfect fight to lower your power. I place Lando + RG making my power sitting around 12K. I do not add any other toons because that will only raise my power. You will notice a huge shift in your nodes after the 3rd node is completed.

So just remember keep your power low and by doing that always put in heros that will get the job done... You may not have Lando and I use him because of his AoE and with less toons on my squad means faster turn for my Lando and more damage because of his Leader ability. You may have another hero/toon in mind but as long as you keep it to 2 or 3 toons at the start then you will have the easiest time in GW.

Last thing... after 6 node then you can go all out and use your top 5 toons you normally use and dont be afraid to throw in your thrash toons to burn away their specials and resulting your enemy on cooldowns..

Your welcome! And happy GW killings!!!

It's been confirmed in the past by a dev on Reddit they use the highest arena power you have used in a victory.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    U have a challenge. U can beat it sometimes. Challenge is to get the gear so u can win all the time. Trying to sleep positive.

For me it was fun not winning GW. It made me think about what to invest in. I dropped some credits and gear. And I crush gw again. And now I am back to autopilot. Oh it was fun for awhile.
  • Just curious, why do the challenges have a pathetic credit amount as part of the reward? Not talking about the credit based one, referring to them all.

Can you make this actually mean something, or just get rid of it? If I'm clearing the highest tier challenges, then what use do I have with 410 credits?
    I am the Reaper
  • After today I quit this game. It is all because of galactic wars
  • Bartha poodoo
  • My goal is to get 400 shards from GW per day. That gets me a single purchase of the character I'm at that moment leveling. If I get further in GW it's just hooray to me.
  • Slade
    15 posts Member
    it''s still just awful - there's no reason to lose high level teams to a Royal Guard protecting an overpowered dps team led by Rey and her double attack band.
    For those of us who don't spend money on a daily basis, Galactic War becomes the only way for us to remain useful to guilds and competitive in arena.
    By altering it the way you did, you have not only thoroughly upset the immense bulk of your players, restricted character/team growth, but also taken away one of the more enjoyable game types.
    This isn't a growing pains issue, nor will it be something ever accepted that players will get used to. I've logged in to play every day like clockwork since December, and think I may be dismayed enough to stop altogether.
  • Looks like the main gripe about GW is the "hard" nodes where you bash your head against the glass ceiling, the maxed out uber teams.

Here's a possible solution: split the players into leagues or tiers.

Then your teams only fight similarly powerful levels of opposition all the way through. No ludicrously easy rides through, no glass ceiling. It becomes a matter of attrition.

Only problems I can see with it would be:

(i) How do you progress from one league/tier to the next, squad power?
    (ii) You'd have to scale the node rewards according to tier to make it worth it - or would you? The aim would be to level the playing field so why not leave the rewards alone across the board?

Just spitballing ideas. Any thoughts?
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • I don't remeber when I wasn't able to finish my GW. Since I changed guild, I finish once on 11 node and once on 12.
  • Hello, I'm interested in adding in the game Jedi Luke Skywalker. Is there information about this subject?

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Hi. I change guild 2 days ago and since then GW become as hard as never for me. Just bad luck or really guild level has influence on GW?

Have you made any changes to improve your arena team? Guild shouldn't have anything to do with it. If you've recently starred, geared, modded, etc. your arena team, that would likely be the answer. They won't actually say how gw difficulty is calculated, but it seems tied to arena power. It possibly calculates based on your entire roster. Probably a little of both.
  • Xylo_Phona wrote: »
    Wedge also needs to have Resistance synergies

So should Ackbar, anything to keep me from farming Finn
  • Klocko wrote: »
    Hi. I change guild 2 days ago and since then GW become as hard as never for me. Just bad luck or really guild level has influence on GW?

Have you made any changes to improve your arena team? Guild shouldn't have anything to do with it. If you've recently starred, geared, modded, etc. your arena team, that would likely be the answer. They won't actually say how gw difficulty is calculated, but it seems tied to arena power. It possibly calculates based on your entire roster. Probably a little of both.

This.

I have never seen mention by any dev anything about GW being related to guild. Based off arena power and total roster power most likely.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    They need to stop messing with GW. It's fine how it is. By "fine", I mean we'll adapt. I don't personally want them to mess with it anymore because every time they do, it seems to get broken.

If they do anything, I'd prefer to be able to regenerate protection, and/or have payouts that scale up with player level. GW doesn't pay the bills at lvl 80 the way it used to at level 50 (or even 70). Since it's the main source of credits, our job if you will, it's equatable to rising to the position of CEO while still being paid like a new hire.
  • I'd like another source of credits. Then I could skip GW and not be missing out.
  • It has become ridiculous in Galactic War especially at the end. If you are making it so I can't win then what are you doing? Please rethink the last two to three battles of Galactic Warfare
  • armyhutchings
    273 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I am so fed up with running into a fully leveled, fully geared, fully modded node 6. Every. Single. Day. Seriously though .... node 6 should never have anywhere near the firepower to completely wipe out my best team. That's just terrible matchmaking. That team is one I would have expected 10, 11, or 12.
  • My feeling is that GW has gotten a bit ridiculous in difficulty, and it all has to do with mods. I'd like to see how the current GW tuning works if all mods are disabled. I now dread having to spend an hour slogging through GW, especially when 2 need to be completed on Tuesday nights before the reset for max guild activity.
  • Since the most current GW update, there is no way on earth to pass the full war. The node 12 - if I get that far is 30% stronger than my best team. My best is 31k and node 12 team is 42k. Every enemy has every mod fully developed all 5 dot all level 15. Each enemy is gear 11. I only have a couple at 9 or 10. It will be months before I will even get in a hit. I wouldn't call that a challenge. It isn't possible. It makes the game much less fun. Why wouldn't the developers give us something challenging but possible? I have tried everything including prepping 4 alt teams, but node 12 can take out all my roster without me even getting one hi in. Not much fun.

PM me; I can help review your collection and provide advice on how to beat GW nightly.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Xhere wrote: »
    Here my GW secret that most likely be patched after telling you this...

I dont have full details of how GW exactly works when it comes to facing our 12 squad nodes but I do know... your power determines your opponent. With this knowledge - I realize that most people think the arena power is what they go by in determing our foe. It actually only takes the last power you used meaning the last squad of 5 you used to fight with.

So here my secret... first node you battle will always be your easiest... and thats a perfect fight to lower your power. I place Lando + RG making my power sitting around 12K. I do not add any other toons because that will only raise my power. You will notice a huge shift in your nodes after the 3rd node is completed.

So just remember keep your power low and by doing that always put in heros that will get the job done... You may not have Lando and I use him because of his AoE and with less toons on my squad means faster turn for my Lando and more damage because of his Leader ability. You may have another hero/toon in mind but as long as you keep it to 2 or 3 toons at the start then you will have the easiest time in GW.

Last thing... after 6 node then you can go all out and use your top 5 toons you normally use and dont be afraid to throw in your thrash toons to burn away their specials and resulting your enemy on cooldowns..

Your welcome! And happy GW killings!!!

Tried this and it didn't work at all, it was actually harder. I got an impossible whale owned 9 Node battle against an Anakin lead with Cody, Rex, Fives and QJG all maxed out.
  • Here's one for the books, GW node 9. 5's ( last man standing for AI team) takes out my entire LV 80 Team, Vader G10, Lumi G10, Sid G10, Asajj G9 and RG G8. 7*,7*,7*,7*and 6* respectively. How is that possible? I lost count on the amount of bonus attacks.
  • Here's one for the books, GW node 9. 5's ( last man standing for AI team) takes out my entire LV 80 Team, Vader G10, Lumi G10, Sid G10, Asajj G9 and RG G8. 7*,7*,7*,7*and 6* respectively. How is that possible? I lost count on the amount of bonus attacks.

One of the problems that I see is that mods aren't being properly weighted and factored into matchmaking. The matchups at any given node is supposedly a certain % in power compared with your top 5 characters. But mods drastically change their effective power without changing their listed power. So GW has become a total crapshoot as to whether or not it's reasonable. Yesterday I cleared it pretty easy, today node 6 crushed all my best guys and I could only make it through node 8.
  • "No reward is worth this." 2+ hours to complete GW on a daily basis? You're not asking for money, you're asking for 10% of my life. Um... No. There's challenging, and there's stupid. Your GW algorithms are on the wrong side.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    I have completed GW 3 straight days. If I complete it today I get enough tokens to 7* cad bane. Wish me luck I'm going in.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    I have completed GW 3 straight days. If I complete it today I get enough tokens to 7* cad bane. Wish me luck I'm going in.

Good luck sir!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Good luck sir!

Thank you! My GW is easy compared to others I see. I will post a couple of nodes as I beat them.
  • I'm not quite sure why I am posting this because none of the devs are going to even see this so it seems pointless. My highest level character is 57. My highest gear level is 7 except for one with 8. GW just threw a gear 8-9 group levels 74, 75, 76, 76 and 78 at me. I could get the luckiest RNG rolls in the world and I still couldn't possibly beat this. I'm not sure why they think nothing needs to be adjusted. GW isn't fun, it's just frustrating and depressing.
  • Scoof
    1 posts Member
    I just met a team node 8 or 9 and he wiped out all my teams and my characters got 3 shots it's bloody impossible to finish it now
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Finished out node 12 by facing a level 80, gear 10 all modded up team of Rey, QGJ, Poe, RP and RT. Poe did his taunt while Rey did 25K damages easily and RT one-shotted some of my suicide squad toons. Took three teams to defeat them once Rey was killed. It was bloody ugly.

PS: My Arena team is only 25K in power and not all modded up.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    GW has gotten easier for me as I max my b and c teams.