Now that mining droids are no more, do you ever sell anything?

Prev134
I keep every piece of gear I find, because I don't know if I'll need to use it in the future. I'm definitely not selling any training droids either.

Not to mention the fact that most gear fetches a small price anyway.
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

Replies

• Nope, I can't see myself ever needing to either.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Selling is unnecessary not that the Droids are gone..

What I would like to have is a place to trade extra shards from max toons for shards needed.
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @EM650 I don't think there was a question of no more credit droids. It was since there are no more droids what are you goino to sell anything now?
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    @EM650 I don't think there was a question of no more credit droids. It was since there are no more droids what are you goino to sell anything now?

Sorry, I was answering someone's question on a similar topic, but I posted it to the wrong topic.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    All good. Just wanted make sure there wasn't confusing.
  • Nope. Never sold anything but the mining droids, and now I wish I had saved a few just to have because I like to collect stuff like that.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Hey all -

Trying something new. And the topic and timing couldn't be better.

For the next update, we're planning to remove the Sell button. As noted above, now that Credits are directly awarded where Mining Droids had been, there's very little reason to sell anything.

We wanted to clean up the interface a bit, and also help players not sell for a relative pittance items which are highly valuable elsewhere (e.g., rare Gear, high rarity Training Droids, etc.).

Thoughts / concerns?
  • I'd say if there's no need to sell anything there's no need for a sell button. @CG_JohnSalera
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I use the sell button to se what I have of items, like to have something like that in the toon menu
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Hey all -

For the next update, we're planning to remove the Sell button. As noted above, now that Credits are directly awarded where Mining Droids had been, there's very little reason to sell anything.

We wanted to clean up the interface a bit, and also help players not sell for a relative pittance items which are highly valuable elsewhere (e.g., rare Gear, high rarity Training Droids, etc.).

Thoughts / concerns?

Aside from the fact that millions of mining droids will live the rest of their days unemployed, not really.

I think we should scrap them just for spare gear!
  • @CG_JohnSalera the sell button is pretty useless, no issue with you removing it. But could you add a simple way to see how many of something you have on the icon, would help with shipment purchases.
  • @d3gauss I buy every gear shipment without hesitation, seeing how they're pretty cheap.

Though I'd support a way to view all of my gear. Why not a button called "Storage"?
  • Hey all -

Thoughts / concerns?

I'm all for the removal of the button, but can we get some sort of way to view the inventory / Manage it.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The only time I would sell an item is if I am 100% sure I don't need it. Since I don't have every hero unlocked and geared to full, and new heroes will be added, I don't think I will ever sell anything out of the fear that I might need it. I think most people are like this.

No, I don't see a problem with the sell button goin away. As long as there is still a way to check your inventory.

While we are on buttons. You mentioned in the Galactic War thread about people not realizing you could go into battle with a squad that is not full. You said the warning screen was there to stop new players from going into battle without a full squad by mistake.

Would it be easy to change that warning screen and add a button? That would give you two options there. Make one say "back to squad" or just back or something, the other says proceed and takes you into battle.

It would solve both issues and save one click.

This would both warn new players if their squad is not full, and eliminate anyone not knowing you could go into GW with a squad that is not full.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Hey all -

Thoughts / concerns?
    We need a place to sell garbage characters.
  • Hey all -

Thoughts / concerns?

Whatever you do make sure it is announced clearly in game before you do it.

"The gear selling feature is going, make sure you sell every mining droid you have left before you can't do so anymore."
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Sounds good @CG_JohnSalera. I never sell any of my gear, no matter how little I need it. I think, you could just replace the sell button with an inventory button, as others started above.
    TNR Co-Founder
  • Hey all -

Thoughts / concerns?

Sounds nice, but please focus on fixing all the bugs instead of fixing things that nobody cares about. I can live with a useless sell button but it's more difficult sidelining characters I spent time upgrading like Asajj or having the auto-targeting bug kick in when I'm battling If anything, do this after you fix the bugs.

Doesn't make any sense to me, leave things broken for months but fix things that aren't broken, why???
  • I'm sure @Qeltar can add to this conversation...
  • Omnirhyze wrote: »
    Hey all -

Thoughts / concerns?

Aside from the fact that millions of mining droids will live the rest of their days unemployed, not really.

I think we should scrap them just for spare gear!

Ohh that's a neat idea. A new shop that lets you trade training droids for gear. Would save a lot of pain from farming the purple laptops and frisbees, at least you know when you blow 240 energy and 100 crystals farming em you could buy a few of them with the hundreds of training droids you just got.

Or make it just a part of the gear screen, green + if you have the gear, orange + if you have the gear but not the levels, red/blue + if you have the droids to dismantle for the components to make the gear. That would be a massive qol for even the whales. You know they're actually selling those droids from trying to farm gear :wink:
  • We have a different approach so you can see how much you have if a given item.

Idea is to just eliminate this functionality since the error-prone and often confusing Mining Droids will be gone.

In other words, no need for this functionality all together.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Never. Not even once to try. A Gear screen would be very appreciated by experienced players. It could let you know what chars will use that gear, and list components, and from there you could jump to components. It would also display a button, and list all the places that the gear can be acquired. This screen is already done as it's used on chars.

But programing that may be tedious. If one could trade gear with other users, it could open the doors and capture all the fans of resource management and trading. And trading any gear could require let's say 50 Crystals per exchange. I think that whatever people find fun and useful can be a great addition and worth the effort.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Hey all -

Thoughts / concerns?

I don't need to sell anything, but a small counter of how many things you have would be apprecisted.
    Sometimes I'm farming a piece of gear, I have different missions to do so, and it'll be nice to know how many of the other pieces given in the mission you have. So if you need s certain piece, you can get it in 2 different places, and in one missions the other puede given is something you have 87 of them, you could go and try the mission which gives a puede that you only have 3
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    First, thanks for getting rid of the mining droids. I was always scared every time I went in there that I would accidentally sell the training droids by mistake.
    Selling extra items now, I agree, is a joke. The number of credits awarded is meaningless. (Same is true of credit awards in bronzium packs: 500, 700, 1000?)
    If you remove the sell interface, what are we going to do with all the excess junk we get from missions and bronzium packs? Most of us are holding on to these hoping you will give us a use for them.
    I'd rather the sell interface remained and the sell prices adjusted up. Even better would be a way to trade multiples of lower-level gear for higher-level gear.
    If the sell interface remains, please give a warning if anyone tries to sell training droids -- this is probably always a bad idea.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @CG_JohnSalera Sounds good to me! But then we need somewhere to check our inventory.

When I buy shipments today I go through the tedious process of memorizing the gear name and mark, exiting shipment store, tapping the sell button and visually scanning my rather large inventory to see if I have the piece or not. I suspect this feels a little backwards to any old RPG player. When you enter a shop you often just tap a tab to see (and sell) your own inventory.

Being able to monitor inventory would also be of BIG benefit when choosing which map to quest for gear, as it's smart to try and farm so you have a little of everything. I'd like to suggest that long tapping on a piece of gear in the "possible rewards" menu retrieves the number of that particular item in your possession. Sounds doable?
  • I'd sti
    Hey all -

Thoughts / concerns?

"The gear selling feature is going, make sure you sell every mining droid you have left before you can't do so anymore."

Would be easier just to automatically sell the droids from the game devs
  • Wazlinski wrote: »
    I'd sti

Would be easier just to automatically sell the droids from the game devs

Yes, we're working on a robust plan to communicate the changes.

Anyone who hasn't sold their droids will get an Inbox message explaining this one change. This will also automatically convert their droids to Credits.

You'll also be able to see how many of a given item you currently own, but in context of that item. This is similar to what @Nonemo mentioned.

BTW - This post is also a litmus test for giving an early preview of upcoming changes. This particular change is (relatively speaking) a minuscule part of the upcoming release.
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Can you please just adjust the sell price even if it means increasing the price of mats from the shipments. Also add better stuff to shipments, only reason i buy them is for achievement tbh.
  • I think if you raised the values it would be great. Maybe I would go back and farm Dooku if I could sell equipment for a decent amount of credits.

The while inventory system needs an upgrade, so it is easier to determine the best places to farm, and if you need/want to purchase a shipment.
This discussion has been closed.