Counters for Anakin?

Prev13
Ronoaldo
739 posts Member
Does this guy have any small weakness that we can explore to win? This is my nightmare:

Anakin(L),. Ayala, Qui-Gon Jin, Rex and Sun Fac.

Do I need my own Anakin to win this or any one has any success stories with other characters?

The team in question is quite strong and fast with a good set of mods.
My favorite characters Empire - Sith

Replies

• SpeeedDarkwalkers
    118 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    So you talking about Dark Diggler. Here is the thing you need speed mods. See my team name is "Speeed". I never lost against him and most of the time dont even lose single toon. And yes mostly his Ankin never gets turn even. Kill Ankin first :D
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Yep. That one guy. So just lots of speed then. But my hipster team need to change anyway. I'll record a vid of a massacred battle were his Any aoe kills all my last standing guys...

Also, any strat in what order you beat his team? Who you take out first?

And your team is also quite good, give me some trouble as well!
  • SpeeedDarkwalkers
    118 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I saw your Roster. Try Phasma(L), Rey, B2, Qgj and RG. Or you can try Dooku(L), Rey, RG, QgJ and Phasma. Good luck.
  • There isn't much you can do to counter him. Just you average speed, damage, and stuns will do anything against him.
  • SpeeedDarkwalkers
    118 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I never posted image here before :D
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Thanks @SpeeedDarkwalkers, I'll try that out soon. Nice to see you barely lost a guy. I lost tree or four times to him lol
  • Just kill or stun him, he has no special defensive capability outside of his high health. He will also use his AoE on defense and get exposed quite often.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @speeed... I'm level 78 and run the exact same team Rex (L) / SF / RG / Rey / GS... never lost #1 at payout in 2 months of game! Man, I love so much the sinergy between Geo Soldier and Sun Fac, they are my favourite toons ever in this game along with Rex! Love em more then Rey, QGJ, Anakin, etc...

Check it out: http://imgur.com/a/7Xzkl

Lost SF due to bad RNG, but usually I can finish em under 1 minute with my heroes with remaining protection in all my characters. Took my time while saving screenshots in pbrush (andy emu).

This is the usual outcome against top droid teams in my shard: http://imgur.com/a/ZONPM.

After 1m:30s their team gets completely wiped out.
    Post edited by DarthZannaH on
    Do or do not...
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Kill him first then Rex and QGJ while trying to keep Ayala and Sun Fac stun locked
  • Serpit
    61 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Kill him first then Rex and QGJ while trying to keep Ayala and Sun Fac stun locked

This is what I use. I have no issues with that team using that strategy. I don't even bother stun locks, just lots of damage.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Serpit wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »

This is what I use. I have no issues with that team using that strategy. I don't even bother stun locks, just lots of damage.

Yea same, I'm using droids rn so no stuns
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    You need Droids, my Squad (with Nebit) has around 35k power and I eat all the various 41k Anakin Teams.

Key is kill anakin first (with Droids he never moves) than following up with Rey/QGJ or other DPS. With your opponents combo I would kill Rex after anakin with Droids.
  • @DarthZannaH Yep I never lost a single battle with this team. When you will maxed out all five of them it will be crazy. love them :D

• Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Thanks @SpeeedDarkwalkers, I'll try that out soon. Nice to see you barely lost a guy. I lost tree or four times to him lol

Anytime @Ronoaldo
  • @DarthZannaH Yep I never lost a single battle with this team. When you will maxed out all five of them it will be crazy. love them :D

Can't wait for the omegas!!!! :-)
    Do or do not...
  • I have a fairly unorthodox droid team, all max Omega'd: HK, GG, 100, B2, JE. B2 is the baby of the bunch as he's the only 6* (dang those Audorium packs!).

For a long time I always prioritised Rey over Ani and would struggle to beat them. Then thanks to a friendly word from some folks on here, I set my sights on Ani off the bat... and it worked. My nightmare team is JKA (L), Rey and QGJ as DPS, RG and STH for tanks. Most droids have an 80 series in there for DPS but I only have GG. They would beat the crap out of me easily as I went for Rey. But when I switched fire to JKA, the whole thing looked very different. Slow and grindy but ultimately a lot more successful. I haven't lost to Ani since.
    https://youtu.be/D51um5poR-U
    I can see that speed is a great benefit as JE and HK ensure a high speed droid team. But every time you kill his buddy, you give him the ability to nuke you. He's the opposite to OB leads who's always the last to die.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Hey Ronoaldo and speed! I like the anakin team, was running the Rex lead before like you speed and it was very good also. No idea it was doing good on defense since nobody else runs it on our shard.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I held on to rank 2 after taking rank 1 an hour before payout with an ani led clone squad. He holds up on defence
  • It's mainly dodge leads on our shards so it's very boring. Speed and Ronoaldo don't run that though so ther are a few of us that try to have fun lol.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • It's mainly dodge leads on our shards so it's very boring. Speed and Ronoaldo don't run that though so ther are a few of us that try to have fun lol.

Hi! I usually drop a lot to the 20s and 30s so I see some interesting teams. Fei'lim Trellac (or something like that) runs Lando and Greedo, and there is a guy with a crazy fast Poe and Rey.

I really like your team. Aayla counters with 17k are tough. Lost a few times. I'll try again tomorrow if I have a chance.

Baldo also has a fun team with Phasma and FOPT.

I find our shard quite fun to play recently, specially after the recent changes. I was finally able to play with my quasi-enpire build.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I'm jealous of all your guys shards, no on from mine is on forums and they all run boring teams and this Asian guy snipes first every day at like 2 mins with a droid squad lol
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Also back to the topic, I ran 3 battles with Anakin led clones, lost to a droid squad 3 in a row, so there's your counter. I can beat em easily with Rex but the same squad makeup with Anakin leading didn't stand a chance
  • I recorded my first battle:

https://youtu.be/PA-WC1K6pTg

It was my first fight against Ani, so I was quite lost. The one I did better was again lost in the end because I left him alone and he AoE killed everyone.

I'll try to record the next one.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Get one of these 100k hitting, OP, Rey's that are one shotting everyone that is faster than JE. From other posts on the forum everyone has one.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Get one of these 100k hitting, OP, Rey's that are one shotting everyone that is faster than JE. From other posts on the forum everyone has one.

I have one as well. I upgraded speed mods after the recorded battle... wait, 100k !? lol

But truly OP is Anakin. He AoE one hit killed all my roster last time I saw him .... I mean not only the five in the match but all the other ones in the roster. Crazy :smiley:
  • @DarkDiggler finally beat it, with a little lucky moves, and a few more speed mods:

https://youtu.be/ItSdfKu6DKA

(sorry if I messed up with your payout, I just had a few minutes to try a new battle and follow the tips here in the thread)
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Props for the non meta squad I like it :)
  • @ronoaldo Nice to see a new squad working in arena!

@speeed Hey man, if you were to replace GS in the future, which toon would you use? I mean, like, Leia... Is Leia better than GS when paired with SF? Have you tested other options... or GS is still the best dps for that spot in Rex (L) / RG / SF / Rey setup... Thanks in advance.
    Do or do not...
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    @ronoaldo Nice to see a new squad working in arena!

@speeed Hey man, if you were to replace GS in the future, which toon would you use? I mean, like, Leia... Is Leia better than GS when paired with SF? Have you tested other options... or GS is still the best dps for that spot in Rex (L) / RG / SF / Rey setup... Thanks in advance.

That's such a solid 4 that you could literally plug in just about any solid 5th and do quite well. Personally, I've been running OB with SF (modded their speed to be equal) to protect his taunt. That could provide further flexibility of swapping out RG for someone.