Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• I complete 90% but come make it challenging not impossible
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    sying wrote: »
    GW is supposed to get progressively harder. It's not supposed to be easy. It's also not supposed to be won by everyone every day of the week. I'm sorry, but it's not. Everyone needs to get out of the mindset that they can win it every single day.

Here's part of the problem, because for months many people WERE able to beat it every single day of the week. I'd go an entire month without being stopped, and am by no means the best player or have the deepest/most meta roster. The abrupt change to make it so much harder is jarring.

I'm around 140/150 wins for the next level of that achievement, but have won maybe a handful of GW's since they started screwing with the difficulty in early July. They bumped up the payout to allegedly make it more lucrative, but from my napkin math it seems that unless I finish 10 or more nodes I'm actually behind in credits, and some days node 9 is a hard stop (or I simply lack the time or patience to put half an hour into a single fight, between suicide squads, cooldown, RNG, and TU manipulation).

Not being beatable every day is fine. Being beaten in maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 is absurd. And with the reduced credits it's now even slower to build up that even deeper bench people keep saying is needed. Getting 300-400k per day instead of 450+ on the old school GW means I'm falling ever further behind.

And let's look at the elephant in the room; why must it be ever harder? It's a bloody mobile game, the notion that there should be daily chores in said game that amount to possibly 1-2+ hours of play just to clear out those 12 nodes is absurd (I'm aware some players knock the whole thing out in 20-30 min; I hope that enough people have stated other experiences that we can agree that SOME players are having that experience, even if YOU are not), and all the more frustrating to have put time and money (not a lot, but some), only to hear that my ridiculous challenges are tied to having focused on my arena team, while friends who didn't put nearly as much time or effort have a vastly easier GW for equal or better rewards. And it's not like I'm a top 5 candidate, but I was happily in the top 100-200, dipping into the 50-100 range a few times.

So because I played competitively in one aspect of the game (and only vaguely at that, again, I know that top 200 is nothing to brag about) I'm getting *stomped* by teams 5k+ higher than mine and packing full 4-5 dot mods that'll take me months to farm up. (My highest power combo of characters is around 35k; a 40k+ team rocking a fully kitted out RG/Rey combo eats most of what I have alive, let alone if I have to deal with Daka or other obnoxious supports/massive DPS as well).

The reality is that the GW difficulty shouldn't be set based on a single factor (the oft quoted 'highest power arena team you've ever won with' or whatever it is), but a sliding scale. If that figure is "100% of difficulty", failing to complete for a day should lower that by an amount (1/2/5%, whatever), and winning should raise it similarly. In this way, a player who is clearing 9 out of 10 would find it increasingly more difficult, and a player losing 9/10 would find it increasingly easier, until an equilibrium was achieved and they should be completing roughly 50% or so. Having it set at "screw you" difficulty and never changing just means those of us who have had more powerful Arena teams and are focusing on building up the bench just fall further and further behind. Gotta improve the arena crew to keep up in the arena, but doing so means getting stomped more and more in the GW, which makes building up Arena/GW/Event teams even harder.

It is asinine that doing well in one aspect of the game actively punishes players in other aspects of the game.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @Forar

Dude what?

Why are you stuck on this delusion that the players like you with the harder GW are "falling behind" ??? Do you not realize that your GW is hard because the simple fact that your roster is stronger than those with the easier GW.

You not completing your GW fully and not receiving the max reward will never put you behind. The person with the easier GW is already behind you.......and as soon as thier roster starts catching up to yours they will be in the same spot your in with a hard GW.

It creates balance. You are farther into the game so, yes, your game is supposed to be more difficult. I'm not as far as you are into the game so my game is not as difficult yet.

Idk how else to simplify that tbh.

Much love
    Mullato
  • StuGrady
    21 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Hey all, thanks for all for your responses, appreciated!

Please don't think I'm not aware of mechanics and strategies etc. you see some toons in my roster and think hey that's a waste, I understand that. There's a reason and it's all to do with the games events etc. I am eager to compete in everything but don't have the budget to spend atm so need to take certain unworthy toons to "make up the numbers" and level them to participate. This is very visible, as an example I'm currently levelling Jawa's in an educated pre-emptive guess to prep for the new Raid.

@pac0naut you mention being under geared for a level 80, I wish I could resolve this but like I said I can't throw any real cash at this game right now, I'm between jobs! The guild I run "Destiny" has some great peeps in it but the most we can manage is a tier 6, we alternate 5's and 6's as there are members in their 60's n 70's albeit most are 80. We're all worried about tackling a Heroic as most wouldn't be able to really make a dent, I currently average around 4-5 million each reset with my current toons, a few others can do the same damage or a bit less but 80% of the guild struggle to hit just 1 million so no idea if doing a Heroic would just be a waste of Guild resources right now?

My post wasn't just to vent about that one fight I lost. Some of you here have given me kudos for having beat the teams I posted with the seriously under par squads I throw together, thank you, like someone mentioned; you are only as good as the tools you're given and I definitely make the very best of a very bad hand dealt! My post was a culmination of frustration of having to spend hours every night trying to suss the end battle, not about loosing, but these last fights are close to impossible and it's like this, it is not fair for the game to be this way when others are getting the so coined cup cake battles. It should be a level playing field and not ridiculously hard/impossible for some and ridiculously easy for others!?

Anyway I had the squad to end all squads face me tonight, I was gone with one wave, like a tsunami I was gone... Toons were so fast I had no reply, literally! Check this out and balance it with my roster, if I don't laugh I think I'd cry lol

Easily dealt with, but protection is virtually wiped on all toons:-

image_zpsl3nkbvic.png

Hard with an adhoc squad put together to conserve my main squad but limp through:-

image_zpssltyors3.png

And then, this...
    Post edited by StuGrady on
  • image_zps7horkift.png
  • I can't believe GW is taking anyone longer these days. Since the last change I have gone completing GW nearly everyday to never winning once. It's over by node 12 and not uncommon for it to be over by node 6 or 9. If anything GW is taking far less time than before. The trade off being I never complete it now.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    @Forar

Dude what?

Why are you stuck on this delusion that the players like you with the harder GW are "falling behind" ??? Do you not realize that your GW is hard because the simple fact that your roster is stronger than those with the easier GW.

You not completing your GW fully and not receiving the max reward will never put you behind. The person with the easier GW is already behind you.......and as soon as thier roster starts catching up to yours they will be in the same spot your in with a hard GW.

It creates balance. You are farther into the game so, yes, your game is supposed to be more difficult. I'm not as far as you are into the game so my game is not as difficult yet.

Much love
    Mullato

If that is the case, then there is something seriously wrong with how toon power is calculated. According to the power rating my level 80, 7*, G8 Ugnaught with some mods is more powerful than a similarly equipped Rey, QGJ or RG. The reality is 10 Ugnaughts couldn't beat one Rey, QGJ, RG team.
  • PS. If anyone wants to trade me Rey with 8000 power for Ugnaught with same, I am open to beginning negotiations immediately.
  • Serpit
    61 posts Member
    GW is very easy now. They totally toned it down and generally I take same team to the end. On rare occasions, I have to switch teams. It takes me 20 min to finish it. Please note, my team is all maxed out.
  • It is hard. I've not finished a couple of times in the last month or so. Ive got 150+ completions I'm not sweating it too much.
    Better luck tomorrow.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Chicago151 wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    @Forar

Dude what?

Much love
    Mullato

If that is the case, then there is something seriously wrong with how toon power is calculated. According to the power rating my level 80, 7*, G8 Ugnaught with some mods is more powerful than a similarly equipped Rey, QGJ or RG. The reality is 10 Ugnaughts couldn't beat one Rey, QGJ, RG team.

Man c'mon,
    OK here we go.....
    .....First off equal level and gear RGwill have a higher power than Ugnaught so just stop.

.......Second off, to my best knowledge Ugnaughts power is higher than rey's power because of several reasons. He has much higher special dmg, and health. Also his physical dmg is near her physical dmg. Rey just has really high physical crit dmg. Her power level may seem too low because her stats aren't just super high overall. Her abilities/skills mixed with the high phys crit is what makes her hit so hard. And I don't think power level is based off of a toons abilities. Its based off of stats

Is it really that hard to click on a button and read about your toons stats instead of just reading the big number on the roster page?

Much love,
    Mullato
  • Finally got through GW for the 1st time since the Mod update. On cloud 9.

(Not sure how often this will happen ;) )
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • I've written basically this same post in other threads before so I'll keep it short. OP is overmatched, others are so undermatched, they run through it in under 30 mins. Although the suggestions on how he can improve his roster are awesome responses and a tribute to the community to not just flame spray. I would like to say that it would be great if we could keep running threads to get them to do something. The common problem is that the power ranking system is broken. I know that they have a math-based model based on your power to give you opponents, great theory, crappy product. IMO it was pretty acceptable before but mods really blew it out of the water. In their own words it is supposed to be challenging and fun and their are way too many people finding it neither.
  • I've written basically this same post in other threads before so I'll keep it short. OP is overmatched, others are so undermatched, they run through it in under 30 mins. Although the suggestions on how he can improve his roster are awesome responses and a tribute to the community to not just flame spray. I would like to say that it would be great if we could keep running threads to get them to do something. The common problem is that the power ranking system is broken. I know that they have a math-based model based on your power to give you opponents, great theory, **** product. IMO it was pretty acceptable before but mods really blew it out of the water. In their own words it is supposed to be challenging and fun and their are way too many people finding it neither.

This^^
  • I got destroyed on node 11. Again. In a game with numerous flaws, GW stands out as the worst. I have to try it for the credits but in no way is this part of the game fun.
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Mullato wrote: »
    Dude what?

I don't see why it's a delusion. I need credits to build up characters, the current state of GW has me earning fewer credits per day than I was pre-"buffed" rewards. Some people waltz in here and say 'yo doggy, I beat it in 20 minutes, make it harder', I'm happy to complete node 9 (and again, I'm at 136/150 completions for that achievement, I was going 4-5 weeks in a row without failing to complete, until the early July updates). I am literally and objectively "falling behind" the rate of improvement I was seeing for months. We had plenty of "credit crunch" threads detailing and *expectation* that players were completing their GW every day (or at least almost every day) for weeks and months on end. It used to be a good source of ~450k per day, now I'm lucky if I get 300-400k in a day.

So in a week, or a month, or whatever, I am going to take longer and longer to build up those characters. What used to take a week now might take me 10 or 12 days. What took a month might take 5 or 6 weeks or more. This means adapting to the meta is that much harder; credits became an even rarer resource despite the supposed 'buff', between struggling to manage to break even in the GW, and the giant money sink they added with mods.

If a player can earn (hypothetically) 10 million credits a week (missions, challenges, GW, arena, raids, etc, etc) and I pull in 6 million, that ____ adds up. It means that as the weeks go by, I have (comparitively) fewer and fewer max star'd/level'd/etc'd characters. This affects potential diversity of arena builds (many people lament how little creativity there is in the arenas, trying something new or different is that much harsher if it fails and I've spent weeks building a character up to that degree and have to start over on one of the 'flavour of the month' builds), and is self compounding. It reduces my ability to build up teams for the occasional themed Events they do (didn't come close to completing the Rebel or Imperial events, barely manage to clear the easiest of the Scoundrel credit grab, etc). Credits are how one builds teams to do all that, plus things like themed battles (mod challenges), or improve Raid crews, etc.

The competitive elements of this game (Arena and Raids in particular) risk a "rich get richer" element. Just because I'm 'mostly' Free 2 Play doesn't mean I'm blind to the fact that a drastic reduction in my daily resources is going to set me further behind when vying for those competitive mode rewards.

You say you're not as far in and that somehow you have a better grasp of the balance elements at hand, so let me ask this; when did you start playing? What's your arena rank? How many Galactic Wars have you completed? How many level 80's on your roster? Because saying "man, that's just the system working as intended" is hard to judge when I've laid out pretty clearly my experience over the last 7 months, and you're arguing those statements without providing similar context.

And no, I disagree. If the game becomes more challenging, then the rewards should similarly scale. Why should I work my ___ off to get 8 or 9 nodes down (maybe even 10 or 11?!) when other people claim to clear 12 without any difficulty at all for the full rewards? If we're both fighting for 600k (or whatever it is), how is it remotely sensible that some players get 'easy' runs and others get 'hope you like fighting Rey/RG/Daka teams that have a combined rating 1k higher than *the number 1 team on my shard*'? The arena scales sensibly; fight harder members, get a better rank, get better rewards.

It's not remotely sensible to have "make it harder just because" without that associated scaling. It means I'm being actively punished for that level of progress.

If you're having a balanced experience, great. But you also admit to not 'being at my level', whatever that means, and I'm trying to provide that context and express that maybe there's a rather steep curve where it rapidly becomes vastly less fun and rewarding than it has been in the past, or really needs to be. In a manner that is at odds with their stated goals; to make the GW fun, fast, and rewarding. I currently find it to be none of the above.
  • This has probably posted already but the current state of GW is no longer a "challenge" and more of a frustration. Anyone else running into 200 speed Rey, RG teams that takes nearly an entire inventory to clear only to run into an identical team the next battle? ...or am I the only one??

This might be the last time I buy crystals. Hardly any more point
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    WAI.
  • I can't run into a top 10 ranked team that don't have +30 speed receivers. Basically I run into +200 speed Rey's daily. Once you get past their initial damage burst, i use a few things to turn the battle to my favor..stuns and fast damage. Old Daka I use often for her stuns. For damage I use GS, 86 and Rey. Running Phasma as a leader in Gw insures I get extra turns. Probably the most important thing about Gws that many people forget to do is to watch your cooldowns. This is extremely important. Making sure your cooldowns are ready for the next battle helps me with facing multiple teams that run a lot of the same toons. Sometimes the cooldowns aren't ready, but that's why it's good to invest in a decent roster with the most helpful toons.
  • Are you on the forums ever? I see a post like this every time i get on. The devs wrote about this already. Its not suppose to be easy. Sorry you cant auto it anymore and actually have to use some strategy.
  • I beat it in 15 minutes. Also its supposed to be hard and not everyone is supposed to beat it.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/59189/video-of-droids-beating-galactic-war-in-under-15-minutes-no-healer#latest
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The system obviously favors those with high level toons & 6+ teams. Get rid of it being based on arena and make it your overall total. The people who need to win, ie lower levels get harder battles than the high levels. This needs to be fixed, the rewards need to be worth the enormous amount of time, and it needs to actually be fun, not a chore. I dread it everyday, it takes far too much time and focus. I'll be finding another game if not, no point in staying on if I can't further my progress without spending a barrel of money that I don't have. I'll take less challenge and, more importantly, time consumption over the current system any day.
  • Try pokemon go, you collect toons by just walking around in the real world ;)
  • Dgreaser wrote: »
    Are you on the forums ever? I see a post like this every time i get on. The devs wrote about this already. Its not suppose to be easy. Sorry you cant auto it anymore and actually have to use some strategy.

I never auto'ed GW before so not sure where you're drawing that conclusion from? Strategy is hard to execute when the AI has first turn and kills 3 of my characters and stuns the other 2 before I even get a chance to play? I dunno..maybe you're getting an easier version than I have been..

Just FYI, I'm ranked 100-200 in Arena (spend about $10-20 monthly) so I'm not a top 100 player with the highest paid maxed out toons. If GW is meant for only the top whales to complete, then its really alienating the other couple thousand players per server that hardly stand a chance.

Just pointing out the obvious.
  • I hate everything about Pokémon go, mostly the people who play it.
  • I beat it in 15 minutes. Also its supposed to be hard and not everyone is supposed to beat it.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/59189/video-of-droids-beating-galactic-war-in-under-15-minutes-no-healer#latest

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind on my next go.
  • there a good tactics to use against being slower use the turn meter carry over to your advantage its helpful to pull your rey or gs out of lineup after they have been a battle when they have half or more turn meter and save them for those tougher battles.
    WooHooT wrote: »
    This has probably posted already but the current state of GW is no longer a "challenge" and more of a frustration. Anyone else running into 200 speed Rey, RG teams that takes nearly an entire inventory to clear only to run into an identical team the next battle? ...or am I the only one??

This might be the last time I buy crystals. Hardly any more point
  • But all kidding aside, i agree with you. It's become an every day chore, I hate every day. But it's needed to keep playing. One day you have enough toons just to auto through it.
  • 200 speed rey. Thats pretty slow.

Try facing a 264 speed Leia and a 239 Rey
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    But all kidding aside, i agree with you. It's become an every day chore, I hate every day. But it's needed to keep playing. One day you have enough toons just to auto through it.

That's my point tho, it's geared to be easier for ppl of higher level w more toons and that's just backwards.