Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Well, GW supposedly scales based on your highest toon power. So if you focused only on arena, ye it's hard for you. Can't easilly do GW with an arena team. I use QGJ (l), Yoda, Rey, Dooku, GS for GW and usually complete node 1-11 with them. If there is a hard team I switch RG and/or Luminara in for Yoda/Dooku.
  • I've been waiting figuring they need a few rebalanced to get it right. I used to always get through with 3 or 4 squads. Now I typically make it 1 in 3 or 4 tries.
    My body 11 today was a filled maxed and moded droid team. I figure my problem is that my toons are stuck with lvl 8 gear. I can get furnaces...
    Today I decided that GW is no fun anymore.
  • The game for me reminds me of a scene from Monty Python Holy Grail. "You must cut down the biggest tree in the forest with a herring". No thanks. I'm off to the next big adventure. Good luck everyone.
  • 200 speed rey. Thats pretty slow.

Try facing a 264 speed Leia and a 239 Rey
    You do know that extra bit in the brackets next to the speed (& any other stat for that matter) isn't what you add extra, but what is already added by mods?

I have never & doubt I ever will see a 239 speed Rey unless they hacked it somehow.
  • My Rey is 226 speed. Dooku is 214. Speed kills.
  • 200 speed rey. Thats pretty slow.

Try facing a 264 speed Leia and a 239 Rey
    You do know that extra bit in the brackets next to the speed (& any other stat for that matter) isn't what you add extra, but what is already added by mods?

I have never & doubt I ever will see a 239 speed Rey unless they hacked it somehow.

Ooohwee. I'm at 209 speed on her, but I don't use speed base mods. I have one that is +30, but I don't have many secondaries with speed on her also, even though I have secondaries that are up to +9 speed each. It's very possible to have her that fast.
  • Again... speed kills. This is the new meta (or old) that they have presented us with.
    I'd rather have ALL my characters make 1 or 2 hits b4 the enemy, even at reduced damage, than allow the enemy to get a chance to move.
  • I still call ****. A pic could clear that up very easily. Show me.
  • I don't auto galactic war, it's one of the few times I get to try new teams.
    Soon as I figure out how to post screenshots in here, I will
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Have you tried using your top toons in early nodes already? Since the TM carries over you have quite an advantage even over a 200+ speed toon.

On my alt I clear GW with a full NS squad all around lvl 75 not full 7* and only 1 or 2 dot mods. I have also faced maxed Reys and RG with them before and also modded ones but I got even Ventress to move before that Rey so just try not to use suicide squads or weak squads in the beginning or before a tough battle.

I have also had a lot of success with Teebo (L), Elder, Daka, Rey and Phasma on my main, sure all maxed in gear but even without mods I can easily walk through the first 6-8 nodes before I have to hope for a Daka revive
  • I send my Empire team in on node 1, to build their tm. Last war, just ran my top dps on nodes 3-10. Teebo lead is awesome btw, hit node 10 with full protection on my A Team.
  • 4_wheel_drive
    100 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    237 speed Rey on my shard. You guys that are tech saavy fix that pic so everyone can see it
    @ThewhiteonE
  • i said it GW is a work....
  • PO-TEN-CY.
    Say it with me.
    You want your toons to inflict or debuff?
    PO-TEN-CY.
    And a 224 speed Rey doesn't hurt
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    I beat it in 15 minutes. Also its supposed to be hard and not everyone is supposed to beat it.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/59189/video-of-droids-beating-galactic-war-in-under-15-minutes-no-healer#latest

GW is not hard ... its just annoying and time consuming, but necessary to do due to credits. It has nothing to do with strategy, team synergy, or whatever, its just a plain stup!d trial and error to find the way, the rng gives you a favor over the terrible overpowered team.

I have no idea, what this has to do with "challenge" or "enjoyment", its just ****!

Sorry for language, but there is no nice way to say it anymore, that's what i feel and that's what every single player i know (=2 full guilds) think. i really wonder, how long ea/cg continues their ignorance against their player base/fan base/customers ... ??
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I look forward to the 35 minutes it takes me to complete gw everyday :D
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    jjahorn wrote: »
    I've been waiting figuring they need a few rebalanced to get it right. I used to always get through with 3 or 4 squads. Now I typically make it 1 in 3 or 4 tries.
    My body 11 today was a filled maxed and moded droid team. I figure my problem is that my toons are stuck with lvl 8 gear. I can get furnaces...
    Today I decided that GW is no fun anymore.

You probably meant can't. That is another issue, getting crappy rewards from raids that can't be used by anyone plus the fact that you need a gazillion furnaces etc, which aren't dropping. After tens of raids I finally managed to get enough mk7 nubians whatever salvages to get QGJ to glvl 10.

Furnaces I rarely see, I have had to buy them twice already for a cost of 16,5k to equip two toons with glvl 10.

That said, I actually had a rewarding GW a couple of resets ago, a challenge without being impossible. The very next day I hit fully geared droid teams in nodes 6, 9 and 11, with node 12 then being impossible with three clones, Leia and Rey. I didn't get to take too many turns myself.

It has been said already that the game takes too much time. If I can sim challenges, why must I wait 10 minutes? GW being a chore more often than not doesn't help or make me want to invest money in the game.

Since GW change our guild has lost two leaders and another heavy hitter, they won't be the last quitters.
  • Rewards based on Level. It isn't hard, but a lvl 80 should not be getting the same rewards as a lvl 60 gets as a level 80 needs more stuff and the battles arent any easier.

If the whole thing was vs lvl 80 characters whatever level you are then sure, but if difficulty changes as you level up so should rewards.

• I bite my tongue dear sir...
    Sparhawk66 wrote: »
    PO-TEN-CY.
    Say it with me.
    You want your toons to inflict or debuff?
    PO-TEN-CY.
    And a 224 speed Rey doesn't hurt

Doesn't hurt as in doesn't hit hard or doesn't hurt to have in your squad?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    No way to attach a screen capture with iDevice without posting it to an image store? Nevermind then.. Had a rough GW up till the last node, which is pretty impossible.

Devs, could you tell me how much you think +100% protection is? Is it 10, 20 or 50 power?

Got Anakin (L) with glvl 11, health 22173 and prot 29013. According to the power ranking, Anakin (8270) is more powerful than these three guys with him:

Fives with glvl 10, health 28007 and prot 45653, power 8127
    Sun Fac with glvl 10, health 27343 and prot 62531, power 7968
    RG with glvl 10, health 30230 and prot 52828, power 8139

I can see why they are so much weaker in power than Anakin there, because Anakin... Oh, the fifth dude is Lando with glvl 11, health 14909, prot 22183, power 7916.

Needless to say that I am not going to spend more time with GW today other than to complain about the ridiculousness of it here in the forum, with practically non-existing chance of a developer having a look at it.

Thanks for another great and challenging experience!
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Build droid team with JE. GW takes me 15 mins. I am doing it with one squad, noone dies. Of course team is gear maxed, with omegas and 5* mods. But still - just one team, so it is doable.

And remember GW difficulty depends on your arena team (highest arena team power ever). So, basically it is scaled - the better arena team, the thouger GW is.

With droid team & JE Rey dies before she moves.
  • Galactic Wars you suck! I can no longer beat you! It's no fair when you fight against teams whose tank protection that are impossible to chip away at with your whole squad. I am talking about my 25 highest players not able to take down a royal guard protection! Totally unfair, because they had rey one shot all my toons, and if I tried to kill her, rg made me come at him again. to no avail. please fix. I never felt like drop kicking my phone like gw makes me feel. Angry
  • Cor wrote: »
    Build droid team with JE. GW takes me 15 mins. I am doing it with one squad, noone dies. Of course team is gear maxed, with omegas and 5* mods. But still - just one team, so it is doable.

And remember GW difficulty depends on your arena team (highest arena team power ever). So, basically it is scaled - the better arena team, the thouger GW is.

With droid team & JE Rey dies before she moves.

Do you not agree though that if difficulty scales so should rewards?
  • Funny how people on here talk about how they "like GW" and "GW is still easy and winnable"....."Oh yea, Im max geared, but...." Got it. GW is for whales. I dropped some cash on this game, but haven't for some time now and won't do it ever again. Two guys sitting on their laptop (their whole development team lol) just making changes to the game on a whim has gotten stupid.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Madds wrote: »
    Funny how people on here talk about how they "like GW" and "GW is still easy and winnable"....."Oh yea, Im max geared, but...." Got it. GW is for whales. I dropped some cash on this game, but haven't for some time now and won't do it ever again. Two guys sitting on their laptop (their whole development team lol) just making changes to the game on a whim has gotten ****.

You don't need to be a whale to be max gear, raids have been out since April. That's plenty of time to max out your A and B team. Hell I basically have 2/3 A teams that I can run in GW because I focused all of my resources on those characters. Build up your roster and focus on strong synergies. My next A team will be droids which is who I'm focusing all of my resources on. Then finishing up Rebels, Jawas, Ewoks, and so on.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    But isn't that the problem? "Maxing" our characters to be their most powerful is *why* some of us are stuck in a situation where we're not powerful enough to curb stomp some of these absurd teams (again; more powerful by the numbers than the number 1 arena team on my share and I'm a top 100-200 rank player), yet facing teams that contain Rey's who one or two-shot our toughest characters and RG's packing protection for days.

I mean, I'm glad some people are saying 'oh use droids they're great' but let's see, I have IG-86 at 7*/80, Poggle at 7*/80, IG-88 at... 6*/51 (could drop a million to get him to 7 stars, but those 29 levels will take millions more that I don't have), Magnaguard at... 3*/44, and HK-47 at 2/80 shards towards unlocking.

These suggestions are great for people who happen to have those characters well built up, but at said 100-200 arena rank, ponder how many weeks (if not months) building up HK will take, how long that Magnaguard will take grinding one dark side battle and a low tier Cantina fight (which slows progression of cantina coins, which slows my progression on QGJ, another character just everyone seems to have done but I just hit 6 stars with).

Please try to empathize with how frustrating it is to be forever chasing these alleged amazing builds, which require literally months to make progress on, only to find out "oh, no, THIS build is perfect!" because some nerf or buff completely changes the power disparity again.

It's expected that the developers will do that, it's part of the business model. But surely other players can at least recognize we don't all have a perfect meta team sitting in our collections. I've spent ages working on my RG who is finally at 86/100, which also means my mods are way behind because I've had to choose either guard shards or mods to work on (thanks EA for making it an either/or choice there...).

My Rey finally hit 7*/80, and yeah, wiping someone off the battle in a single attack remains funny when I actually get to do it once in a while (rather than having it done to me every couple nodes on the GW), but that was a work in progress for ages. RG, same deal. Still need to work on Daka, and Dooku, and Droids, and Rebels, and Empire, and Scoundrels, etc, etc.

And it remains just silly that building up ones arena team is actively detrimental to the difficulty I face in the GW. If that were the case, I'd happily have stayed in the top 500 or top 1000 brackets. Losing 15 or 25 crystals and a couple hundred arena points versus gaining a couple hundred grand a day in credits is an easy trade off to make. What good are arena points if I lack the credits to star/level those characters in the first place? My Leia is half way to 6 stars Asajj is at 6, and STHan is at 7, but all are between level 50 and 60 because capping them at 80 would take like 5-10 million credits I don't have (and put me that much behind on cash for that final RG star and other tasks I already mentioned).

My apologies for making this a lengthy rant, but I want to be clear that it's not simply a matter of 'waaaaah, GW is too hard', it's that there are mechanics in play that are mutually exclusive, and that the disparity is making the game vastly less fun than it should be (read: has been). Even the 1-2 hour grind that was the GW at times back when the protection patch was rolled out was better than this garbage. It's questionable design even at the best of times to take a system that has been in place for around half a year and massively increase the difficulty because reasons, doubly so when that mode is the best (if not only consistent) way to earn one of the most important resources in the game.
  • MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!

I FINISHED GW TODAY! I AM WHOLE AGAIN! I FEEL SO ALIVE!

Cheers

OH SWEET RNGESUS! I DID IT AGAIN TODAY! THIS IS FANTASTIC! 149/150
  • Man, this is one broken is game, it's like the Developers ran out of ideas. I cannot compete GW anymore cos its so unbalanced.
  • Kazie
    18 posts Member
    What in the hell is the point of this tread now? GW is unenjoyable, and ever since these "changes" were made to make it "challenging". I can no longer finish it.

f*** the galactic war. Its total s***. You might as well hit auto play, see how far you can go then reset it. Its the absolute worse part of this game.

Way to go EA. Youve developed this aspect, which was once enjoyable, into a pile of crap.