F2P Glatic War Guide

Randall
1001 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hello and welcome to my guide for Galactic War. I have completed GW 27 times to include every day of the last 3 weeks.

Use “one” team.
It is a beautiful idea of having several spec groups that you would rotate through as some started to die and eventually put together a hodgepodge of whatever is left and fight you way through the last few battles. I LOVE this idea and really wish it worked that way. However as a (mostly) F2P player we are maybe a year away from having a large enough stable for that to be reasonable. I tried this when I first started but I actually found it to be a LOT harder because weak (star and gear level) heroes will die so easy and if you sub in 1 great hero he may die if focused on because the team isn’t strong enough to support him. It is best to use a team tailor made to run GW and make temporary alterations if and as needed.

The team I use just happened to fall into my lap for the most part, but I think it is almost perfectly tailored, at least for my strategies, to run GW. If you are struggling to clear GW every day as a ~F2P player and either have these heroes or are lower level and looking to farm for the future and want to have a solid GW team by the time you make it there, this guide is for you. If you don’t have these heroes feel free to post and we can talk about role substitutions.

Luminara
Jedi Consular
Kylo Ren
Darth Sidious
Count Dooku

Now that we know the team, let’s see how they fit the master plan that is this GW team. Now there maybe comments about lack of synergy but I find these heroes kits work very well together in the GW setting.

Luminara (GW is her node! At 15/day)
In GW there are so many activations and no resets (of cool downs and heal meters), I feel a hero with a heal on activation as leader ability is a must. Her Ability block is also a very powerful tool and her basic does great damage. (Healing, stun, sDPS)

Jedi Consular (very farmable)
The Consular may not be the best Hero in the game, but in the GW setting, you very well maybe wrong. His Heal, while not the strongest, is extremely spamable and when combined with Luminara leader ability it adds up, not to mention the HoT effect from Luminara’s very powerful heal cannot standup to focused fire. The Consular is the most important part of your always be full at full health methodology. (healing)

Kylo Ren (good farmable)
Kylo Ren, I felt like he should be replaced for a high single target DPS hero like a FOTP when I first started writing this…but I think that would be a mistake. His passive when considering the marathon this is, is very strong. Healing immunity is very useful, counter helps to ends fights quicker, the quicker a fight ends the less damage you have taken due the fact the enemy has had less activations to damage you. His other special, while the least useful attack, is useful when the others aren’t needed or a bad idea. (healing immunity, DPS)

Darth Sidious (very farmable)
Sidious has a lot going for him, healing immunity is very useful, every single GW team I have seen has had at least 1 healer. His passive is probably the best in the game for GW, give me a full team with that passive and GW would be a joke. AoEs are good and useful and his passive also helps get more turns which helps with its cooldown. (healing immunity, DPS).

Count Dooku (long farm)
Dooku is the least farmable and the most replaceable but his speed plus a stun is a very useful kit. Counter is a great passive and with Kylo AoEr’s get hurt badly and it helps cover his low DPS. His anti-jedi abilities also complement your goals of preventing healing. His passive also provides extra turn meter which really lets you spam his stun and always start a fight with it. (stun)

Now that we have meet the team here is how to use them in the first round.
Dooku goes first and tries to stun the most annoying hero, that is a hero like Sidious who always starts with his special that hurts really bad on crits, or Luke who can hit really hard and stun, FOTP, high DPS. You need to be smart here if they have high DPS that is slow pick something else. Luminara can be a good target but lower or the priority list than something that can really hurt you.

Sidious tries to healing immunity their highest DPS (unless Dooku stunned the only healer). The issue here is that while Sidious is fast enough to go early in the second round to hit the target with healing immunity before it activates, healers are slow and will heal the damage off before then and if we focus down big threats, healing will get trigged on the target.

Kylo uses his counter special if target is healing immune otherwise basic attack on target to hopefully apply healing immunity.

Luminara heals if they did massive damage, ability blocks a healer if healing immunity failed, ability blocks a high DPS hero that hasnt used a special yet, ability block special on hero who it may kill (except Sidous), basic attack target unless its Sidious.

JC heals if 2 or more heroes are at 80% or below, if he is the only one he uses heal special attack, otherwise basic attack. We don’t care to spam his heal attack if he doesn’t need it, we need it in reserve but its more important to have when you need it then to DPS anything down.

Round 2-* is much of the same...
Dooku basic attack on target or jedi healer
Sidious special if current target has healing immunity, basic attack otherwise. Now based how the battle is going using his special if you can finish off the target before a healer goes, or maybe Dooku ability blocked the hero, is a great idea.

Kylo is probably the easiest. If they have more than 1 counter attacker use your single target special or basic depending on if the target needs healing immunity. If the target has healing immunity and they don’t have more than 1 counter attacker and your counter special is up…use it.

Luminara heals if ~3 below 50% or <3 below 70% if you except to take a lot of damage (say Sidous AoE crit special), ability block high DPS or healers if needed, basic attack otherwise.

JC see above.

Now a few notes on target selection, generally start at the top and work your way down. It gets more complicated if they have several near the top of the list. That is here stun one DPS another comes into play.
Priority targets are any hero with super high DPS such as FOTP or Leia
Luke, he has high DPS and a stun
Sidious, we can retreat from healing immunity but he is fast and retreating is annoying, his special hurts if it crits
Heroes with revive other (like Daka)
Luminara, we love her so they probably do too… We don’t want her HoT out because we have AoEs and her ability block hurts.
Other healers: Sidious’s AoE, Kylo’s AoE and counter, and Dooku’s counters have been hurting random opponents heroes…we don’t want to undo that damage.
Here is about most other heroes, Vader, Phasma, Poe, IG-88, whatever.
Chewie, we LOVE LOVE to see Chewie, he doesn’t do much damage, has high health, and can even heal himself!. WE LOVE to fight heroes with high HP and very low damage. He is your second to last target.
Barriss, We love to see her so much we should date her…she is like chewie but less damage and more health! She is your absolute last target.

Now that we have the team and strategies covered, and a few tactics…lets get to other tactics.
Retreat. Retreating is annoying in that it consumes time and breaks the flow of the battle. It can be deadly if they have fast heroes. We try to avoid retreating but if you have a hero low in HP and has healing immunity you should probably retreat. Facing Vader and Sidious and have 5 DoTs…probably a good idea to retreat. Low on HP and heals are on cool down? RETREAT! Now you need to be smart, if you have 5 DoTs but are close to full health….stick it out. Have healing immunity but 80% health? Stick it out.

FORCE CLOSE! We cannot afford any of the above mentioned heroes to die, well we can but why struggle? I don’t like force closing, I take it as a personal loss, but I do it for the (currently) Phasma shards. I am here to win…in the long run. Know that the AI is scripted, if you start the fight again and do the exact same attacks to the exact same targets, things, including which debuffs get applied and who gets critted with probably be exactly the same. LEARN FROM THIS, if I do X I got my butt handed to me so I need to change my strategy. Or maybe sub out a hero who starts the fight at low health. Here is an example that has happened a lot. My Dooku tries to stun Sidious but fails, Sidious AoE’s and it crits my Jedi Consular, other stuff happens, their luminara goes before mine and uses the ability block special and kills my Jedi Consular. I force close and have Dooku stun Luminara instead…Now after Sidious crits and hurts my Consular badly my Luminara can heal him.

Combine retreat and force close. If you have to force close because Luminara gets ability blocked but you didn’t care at the time because it wasn’t important but later someone dies because of it…force close and start the fight again, do the exact same thing because it worked…and then when luminara gets ability blocked…retreat! Reenter eat the attack and heal, no one dead.

Have a few other stand-ins (healers and good heroes) geared and starred up. Does this team match your Arena team…probably not so guess what? Use them! Also it helps to have your Talia and Daka up to par. These get used in 2 ways, you win a fight but the AI focused on 1 hero real bad and he is at say 30% health, you didn’t get a chance or feel like subbing in a hero at the end of the fight to heal him. This is where you sub goes in to start the next fight. Once that fight is under control such that you can sub in the damage hero and it will survive for a heal, retreat and put him back in. You can also sub in healers near the end of fights to save your good healers heals. Don’t forget you can retreat when fights are almost over to sub those healers back in to help cool downs refresh. This is why Chewie and Barris are our lowest priority targets.

Sadistic Glee is fun…Your Sidious low on HP but can survive a bit? Put him in with your weakest heroes, preferably level 1s! Then when there say Sidious blows his special your Sidious gets healed a lot.

Kill the leader! Kill their leader? Retreat and start the fight again, they no longer have a leader bonus.

SAVE SPECIALS. If a special wont refresh before the next fight and you don’t NEED it, save it. Rather it goes an extra round of hitting Chewie than have a special on cooldown next round.

Can’t take a full round of opening specials? Force close and start fight with medium level heroes, heroes you subbed out when you got good replacements such as chewie (as leader) or unlocked because you didnt know better but have at level ~40+ and at least some gear ~ lvl 4-5. These are not your sub heroes or healers.

IF you are having a hard time doing enough damage early on to finish a hero before the their damage overcomes the constant healing method, force close and sub Sidious as the leader. It should you enough extra punch to get ahead early. As soon as you have the upper hand retreat and put Luminara back in her spot. Note that you don't need to enter the fight after the last fight at full health...right because there isn't one, so put Sidious as leader for the last fight.

Replies

• Thanks for the guide. Some very helpful information!
  • Good guide. Will def take your advice here. Which heroes would you recommend for the temporary alterations? I have a p2p players as well.
  • Good guide but I only play for 4days. I already hit lv 36. so In my 5th day I will start GW. but i have **** characters I dont even have sidious which I farm from my 1st day. No lumina. No dooku (4days ago greedo was the starter pack and I didnt want him.) So I have like chewbacca 3* talia 3* JC 2* Geo soldier 1* so nothing good yet. Should I still go in and try? Any ideas?
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Today's patch to GW has greatly increased the difficulty. I was able to clear it with the same team and guidance except my poor 4* Dooku failed on me about 10 fights in and I had to sub in Phasma (my only other 7*) to finish.

The only words of wisdom I have currently is retreat a lot and try different combinations, because if you cant end the fight with everyone at 50% hp or more they probably wont live long enough to get healed.

Also healing immunity characters go from being removed early because they were annoying to a must kill ASAP.

@Tony167 I would need to see who you have, someone like Luke could replace Dooku, they are both pretty fast and can stun. Luke doesnt have as much Jedi tech or as fast though. As long as you have Sidious or Kylo you could probably do without the other. Barriss can work in place of luminara but really you need one or the other.

@Ivadek You have to still try, who have you been farming in Cantina? Geo Solider is pretty good but 1* won't get you that far. I had started an alt account I cleared it with yesterday (first day I was level 40) with Dooku (my only bronze pack character pull oddly enough), JC, Talia, Luke and Jawa all 3* with pretty high gear for level 40.
  • Randall wrote: »
    Today's patch to GW has greatly increased the difficulty. I was able to clear it with the same team and guidance except my poor 4* Dooku failed on me about 10 fights in and I had to sub in Phasma (my only other 7*) to finish.

The only words of wisdom I have currently is retreat a lot and try different combinations, because if you cant end the fight with everyone at 50% hp or more they probably wont live long enough to get healed.

Also healing immunity characters go from being removed early because they were annoying to a must kill ASAP.

@Tony167 I would need to see who you have, someone like Luke could replace Dooku, they are both pretty fast and can stun. Luke doesnt have as much Jedi tech or as fast though. As long as you have Sidious or Kylo you could probably do without the other. Barriss can work in place of luminara but really you need one or the other.

@Ivadek You have to still try, who have you been farming in Cantina? Geo Solider is pretty good but 1* won't get you that far. I had started an alt account I cleared it with yesterday (first day I was level 40) with Dooku (my only bronze pack character pull oddly enough), JC, Talia, Luke and Jawa all 3* with pretty high gear for level 40.

I have 2*geo soldier now still farming it jc2* farming his hardmode but still only like 10-12shards.. jawa 3* talia 3* dont know should i make talia a lv5 gear??? And a 3*chewi with gear 5
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    I have kept clearing GW, it takes a lot longer so I gave up my alt account. Just retreat if anyone ends the fight below 40%.

@Ivadek I see your other thread
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6919/i-hit-a-gw-rut#latest
    Try
    Luminara (L)
    Sidious
    Consular
    Dooku
    Rey
  • Not F2P, but not a whale by any means. I drunkenly bought the Kylo/Finn pack, and spent 70 on credits that I stupidly used on 8-pack chromiums, and I've been killing new GW since I got Luminara. My GW starters and finishers (since I haven't lost a toon yet), are F2P farmable. Lumi, Sid, JC, Talia and Kylo