Now that mining droids are no more, do you ever sell anything?

Replies

• Values won't be raised, as selling is going away.

Make sense?

We do have plans to improve Shipments, but not for this upcoming release.
  • Values won't be raised, as selling is going away.

Make sense?

We do have plans to improve Shipments, but not for this upcoming release.

So, will there be any way to check inventory? Hopefully, more not less convenient.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Values won't be raised, as selling is going away.

Make sense?

Okay. Is there a plan for what I can do with my 259 Mk 1 Blastech Weapon Mods?
    Even the Tier 1 and Tier ability materials, I have hundreds more than I will ever need.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • You end up with a glut of the most common low level stuff, I sell a few once I reach 100 just to keep things tidy or if I'm broke, out of energy and want to level up a low level toon a level or two to be able to equip a slot.

The button isn't causing any harm there, why bother removing it?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • You end up with a glut of the most common low level stuff, I sell a few once I reach 100 just to keep things tidy or if I'm broke, out of energy and want to level up a low level toon a level or two to be able to equip a slot.

I wouldn't get too worked up over something which almost no one uses. Maybe the space it once occupied would benefit the player base more than what the seeking option could.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • I have tons of useless gear but am afraid to sell it as other have mentioned. What about a way to trade unused gear for a piece of needed gear? This would make all of the dead gear more interesting/fun to collect & trade.
  • Hey all -

Trying something new. And the topic and timing couldn't be better.

For the next update, we're planning to remove the Sell button. As noted above, now that Credits are directly awarded where Mining Droids had been, there's very little reason to sell anything.

We wanted to clean up the interface a bit, and also help players not sell for a relative pittance items which are highly valuable elsewhere (e.g., rare Gear, high rarity Training Droids, etc.).

Thoughts / concerns?

@CG_JohnSalera what about those of us holding onto mining droids? I have about 800k worth of mining droids I was holding on the off chance that trading is introduced and they'd be a currency option.
  • @Daishi He mentioned that they will be converted into their credits equivalent, and that a message will be sent regarding this change.
  • That's actually kind of a bummer. I mean yes it simplifies things, but credits are mostly useless and so having something for a future trading update would have been nice. Guess I'll end up with 5m credits soon. I earn credits far faster than I can spend them
  • Snowblood wrote: »
    I have tons of useless gear but am afraid to sell it as other have mentioned. What about a way to trade unused gear for a piece of needed gear? This would make all of the dead gear more interesting/fun to collect & trade.

Yes.
    Please do this :)
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You end up with a glut of the most common low level stuff, I sell a few once I reach 100 just to keep things tidy or if I'm broke, out of energy and want to level up a low level toon a level or two to be able to equip a slot.

Maybe it's using real estate that CGs wants replaced by a "Ships" button. I am pretty sure that they want some real estate there to add one thing without cluttering things further.......

Tell tale signs is:

- Providing advance notes it's going away
    - Taking effort to eliminate it (rework challenges to directly assign money)
    - There is no real estate except hiding main view even more
    - Between lines...John mentions greater things coming...and "unclutering"

:-)

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Cool, I'll just sell off some of the most bloated stacks of gear while I still can. :)

Oh, and @CG_JohnSalera if there are others who may want to get rid of huge stacks of items, I'm sure they'll appreciate an advance notice.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    You end up with a glut of the most common low level stuff, I sell a few once I reach 100 just to keep things tidy or if I'm broke, out of energy and want to level up a low level toon a level or two to be able to equip a slot.

I wouldn't get too worked up over something which almost no one uses. Maybe the space it once occupied would benefit the player base more than what the seeking option could.

I'm not "getting worked up over it" just asking a question, they can call the button whatever they like but why remove the functionality when it's already there?
    Unless they're putting in a trading post, it's still nice to get rid of excess stuff. If you're farming a node repeatedly for shards or for a specific piece of gear you end up with a lot of byproduct you'll never use.
    How many Mk.1 Blastech weapon mods are you ever going to need?

There's always going to have to be an inventory screen somewhere, it would be nice if you still had the option of selling, it doesn't have to be on the main page.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Hey all -

For the next update, we're planning to remove the Sell button. As noted above, now that Credits are directly awarded where Mining Droids had been, there's very little reason to sell anything.

We wanted to clean up the interface a bit, and also help players not sell for a relative pittance items which are highly valuable elsewhere (e.g., rare Gear, high rarity Training Droids, etc.).

Thoughts / concerns?
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    I'd sti
    Whatever you do make sure it is announced clearly in game before you do it.

"The gear selling feature is going, make sure you sell every mining droid you have left before you can't do so anymore."

Would be easier just to automatically sell the droids from the game devs

Yes, we're working on a robust plan to communicate the changes.

Anyone who hasn't sold their droids will get an Inbox message explaining this one change. This will also automatically convert their droids to Credits.

You'll also be able to see how many of a given item you currently own, but in context of that item. This is similar to what @Nonemo mentioned.

BTW - This post is also a litmus test for giving an early preview of upcoming changes. This particular change is (relatively speaking) a minuscule part of the upcoming release.

Perfect, just perfect.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    I use the sell button to se what I have of items, like to have something like that in the toon menu

Agree with this
    I won't mind if the Sell button is removed, but we'd need an inventory button on the character screen in replacement
  • Turam wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I use the sell button to se what I have of items, like to have something like that in the toon menu

Agree with this
    I won't mind if the Sell button is removed, but we'd need an inventory button on the character screen in replacement

As the game will continue to grow and become more complex, we look for ways to simplify as well.

For those of you who have been playing a while, that's not a big concern I expect. But we always have to remember the people who are installing the game today and seeing the game for the first time. We don't want to overwhelm folks and scare them away. :)

Selling things besides the Mining Droids is rarely used, and understandably so. Now that those droids don't need to be sold, the screen has lost its purpose.

So, a question: if you can know how many of a given item you have at every point when you interact with that item, why would you also need an inventory screen? Meaning: when you're crafting, or you see the item is a possible reward, or win the item, if you can tap on it and see how many you own isn't that enough?
  • Qeltar wrote: »

Make sense?

Even the Tier 1 and Tier ability materials, I have hundreds more than I will ever need.

Currently, no. Beyond, of course their use in any low level characters you have or will have in he future. You can get them through their early progression with those (depending on the gear recipe).
  • hey CG_JohnSalera, are there any plans to incorporate selling of extra shards? maybe not all shards but at least shards of characters that are already at 7* (so they are of no use anyway since the character is maxed out)
  • hey CG_JohnSalera, are there any plans to incorporate selling of extra shards? maybe not all shards but at least shards of characters that are already at 7* (so they are of no use anyway since the character is maxed out)

Yes, extra shards (e.g., shards for characters that you have already promoted to 7 stars), will have a purpose in the next release.

This conversation is solely relating to items such as Gear, Gear components, and Training Droids.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

Make sense?

Currently, no. Beyond, of course their use in any low level characters you have or will have in he future. You can get them through their early progression with those (depending on the gear recipe).

They are dropping in excessive and unbalanced numbers. I have hundreds of some items I never use, while I am perpetually short of other low-level items like Mark 1 armor mods and have to go farm them for new characters.
    If you do not plan to give us any use for these things, then I revise my answer to "please do not remove the sell interface". Put reasonable sell prices on these bits and pieces and then we can get some more credits to help with other things. Better than nothing.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

So, a question: if you can know how many of a given item you have at every point when you interact with that item, why would you also need an inventory screen? Meaning: when you're crafting, or you see the item is a possible reward, or win the item, if you can tap on it and see how many you own isn't that enough?

That's a big tedious. For that your need to go to a craft point and see. I will cup in and give a suggestion. Can we have a functionality where you can check the items needed for the characters you own. Like my Luke needs 20 people laptops as well as my Lumi. I have to individuals go to characters an remember what each needs.

Also there was a nice suggestion that if we need two of stuff and both can be farmerd in a single battle, and there was a fictionally to know that, it will be cool. At this point it is a lot of remembering what is needed and from what battles - basically optimising great farming.

Thanks for your communication on the sell button change.

That's a big tedious. For that your need to go to a craft point and see. I will cup in and give a suggestion. Can we hagve a functionality where you can check the items needed for the characters you own. Like my Luke needs 20 people laptops as well as my Lumi. I have to individuals go to characters an remember what each needs.

Also there was a nice suggestion that if we need two of stuff and both can be farmerd in a single battle, and there was a fictionally to know that, it will be cool. At this point it is a lot of remembering what is needed and from what battles - basically optimising great farming.

Thanks for your communication on the sell button change.
  • Hey all -

Thoughts / concerns?

Whatever you do make sure it is announced clearly in game before you do it.

"The gear selling feature is going, make sure you sell every mining droid you have left before you can't do so anymore."

^^^This!^^^
    My sentiments exactly. Please use that suggestion.
  • JoJoMo_007
    114 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey all -

Thoughts / concerns?

We would need a way to see our inventory and how much we have of things etc. Right now the only way to do that is to go into the sell menu. Please add an inventory screen if you take away the sell screen. Thanks ~

Edit - I see something like this was already mentioned above.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Make sense?

They are dropping in excessive and unbalanced numbers. I have hundreds of some items I never use, while I am perpetually short of other low-level items like Mark 1 armor mods and have to go farm them for new characters.
    If you do not plan to give us any use for these things, then I revise my answer to "please do not remove the sell interface". Put reasonable sell prices on these bits and pieces and then we can get some more credits to help with other things. Better than nothing.
    It makes sense that some gear will accumulate if few toons use them. Even some beginner gear are used in epic gear recipes, so you wouldn't have a lot of those gear.

Maybe we'll have epic gear that requires 100 Mk1 Blastech Weapon mods!
  • Bhoris
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I like the idea of the Sell feature going away, but it will leave a gap in function. There were previously two reasons to use it:

1) Sell mining droids
    2) View your inventory

So while (1) is gone, (2) is still very important to some of us that like to plan ahead. So if you do away with Selling, please give us a way to view our inventory.

Edit: I want to elaborate more on "planning ahead". Currently, we can only see the current tier of gear that we're working on. But there are reasons to start farming mats for the next tier of gear before you get there.

For example, I might wait to get some gear mats from a challenge that is taking place tomorrow. In the meantime, I might want to spend my energy farming for a piece on the next tier. I would pull this info from third party sites or databases. This is where having an inventory system is helpful to track my progress.

Currently, I'm at level 55 and all of my gear upgrades cannot occur until level 59 and up. I plan all my farming out on a spreadsheet so I know exactly how much of each material I need. So I know that I'll need x00 Mk 4 SoroSuub Keypad Salvage to create x pieces of gear when I hit 59. An inventory screen makes this mass farming a lot more intuitive than having to go to individual characters, clicking through each piece of gear, and seeing what I still need.

In the presence of an Inventory system, it'd also be nice to be able to find drop locations straight from it, an option currently unavailable in Sell.

Those are a couple of cases where, while I understand it doesn't help with UI bloat, an inventory system would be a very useful feature.
  • If you remove the sell button, it would be convenient to also convert all mining droids into money at that time automatically. I never bothered selling them so far (I consider them my savings account... I trust they are a good investment and their value is going higher perhaps ;) so I would be quite disappointed to discover one day that I can't sell them anymore.

I suppose I'll just go and liquidate all my positions in mining right now actually, but not everybody reads the forum.

☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • @CG_JohnSalera
    I have 361 green ability mats, 82 blue ability mats and 2 purple ability mats.

At the rate that they drop, even if I unlocked and leveled all of the abilities for every hero I'd have a plethora of excess green and blue mats. If we can't sell them then they're useless.

So either purple and blue mats need to drop relative to the green mats or we need a way to get rid of them.

I cant believe I'm saying this, but maybe it should require more green mats to level your abilities at higher levels.

Other than that I wouldn't really care about the sell button disappearing.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I also have three hundred of the lower level challenge mats. I don't even do the tank challenge anymore because of how unproductive it is.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member

@CG_JohnSalera From a purely logical point of view, you're absolutely right. No need for a general overview when you can access the number of items in stock at any point when you're already interacting with them.

I think from a more psychological point of view, many would likely appreciate the option of getting that overview, even though they can do little with it. Maybe to decide if it's time to start building and gearing a new hero. I don't think the functionality would be greatly missed if it went away but I'd be surprised if people didn't end up asking for it anyway sometime farther down the road.
This discussion has been closed.