Are stun squads arena viable at high levels?

Daker
109 posts Member
I am toying with the idea of putting together a stun squad as follows:

Dooku (L), RG, Daka, Rey, and QGJ. If I put potency mods on Dooku, RG, and Daka, is that sort of team viable in the arena? Has anyone tried that sort of team?

My thought was that if you put speed and offense mods on everyone but RG, you could stun several members of the other team and then use QJG to reduce turn meter and take the others out. With QGJ, you would also get an extra 40% chance of a stun from Daka and RG every time you called an assist.

Thoughts?

Replies

• You definitely need Speed Mods to have a chance at not getting your specials shut down by Old Ben. Problem is, Rey will 1-shot your Dooku from 100% protection unless you have some awesome mods with HP & Protection values (not %'s). If you survive the opening Old Ben assault then it could be good. I'm thinking more like... Dooku lead, Rey, Aayla, Daka, RG.
  • I run this team with Phasma leading instead of Dooku. And I place 50-20 most days depending how my effort I put in.

But I think Dooku would be fine too. Phasma is better in my opinion though as she can trigger even more stuns.
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    X0160768 wrote: »
    I run this team with Phasma leading instead of Dooku. And I place 50-20 most days depending how my effort I put in.

But I think Dooku would be fine too. Phasma is better in my opinion though as she can trigger even more stuns.

That is an interesting point... Phasma extra attacks + turn meter bonus would probably give more stun opportunities than Dooku, and she has a lot more health than Dooku too. I was thinking Dooku for the evasion, but I might have to try it both ways.
  • Sophos
    97 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Some of it depends on your server.

Dooku is a hoss now imo. I use him while I wait on Ben. Got great health mods on him and he is no longer squishy able to do 15k damage on his basic.

Problem with that team is that you may run into problems with dps. Because you're using Daka and RG you're losing dps. Maybe switch out tank for Han or scratch daka for another dps. That's my suggestion.

I use Dooku, STH, GS, Daka, and QGJ and I'm at about 15 on my server. Waiting on Rey, Ben, and RG...

However, I would love to see how your team fairs with really good potency mods. Also a word about mods, contrary to what some may think having a 1-4* mod with a great primary will sometimes be better than a 5* health mod until you can get the 5* mods. Also please don't see offense mods as a great one. Speed>Critical Damage>Critical Chance>Potency. Forget the rest.
  • Half the reason why my ventress lead teams hold rank is because of stuns. Ventress, rey, QGJ, old daka, and RG. Having 3 or 4 toons stunned at once is common. I always take first at payout. I usually dont drop any further than the 20s.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    I used to run a stun team, but now that I navigate in the top 30 I only use this team to beat heavy Jedi Anakin teams