Arena Shipment Refresh Question

Has anyone used the refresh option in the arena shipments (or any of the shipment sections) where you get character shards - do it bring up new characters you can get shards for, or does it just refresh the timer?

Replies

• Refresh the timer , same characters will be there.
  • Thanks, was hoping it was the other way around.
  • I can't imagine anyone ever refreshing the shipment screen in GW, it takes 10 green GW tokens, you'd lose use of essentially 90 more of them since awards are in minimum 100 increments.
    Unless you were flush with them and wanted to refresh 10 times?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Jabberwocky

I use the GW refresh twice a day when I'm trying to star up a toon quickly. The first 2 are 10 and it's 50 after that.

The reason I, and many others, do it is because we have 10-20k+ tokens. The payoff is much better than the downfall. You can refresh 40 times for the price of 5 shards.

Example A. Someone who spends GW tokens as they get them.
    330(the amount of shards to 7*)÷15 (the maximum shards obtained per day) =22 days. 330÷15=22

Example B. Someone who hoards GW tokens for new character releases.
    330÷30 (4 regular shipments and 2 refreshes)= 11 days 330÷30=11

A smart player will have new shipment characters literally twice as fast as a "dumb" player. He will only refresh 22 times for each character and will only lose about 2.5 shards worth of tokens.

In conclusion sir, that is why we refresh.
  • @Jabberwocky

I use the GW refresh twice a day when I'm trying to star up a toon quickly. The first 2 are 10 and it's 50 after that.

The reason I, and many others, do it is because we have 10-20k+ tokens. The payoff is much better than the downfall. You can refresh 40 times for the price of 5 shards.

Example A. Someone who spends GW tokens as they get them.
    330(the amount of shards to 7*)÷15 (the maximum shards obtained per day) =22 days. 330÷15=22

Example B. Someone who hoards GW tokens for new character releases.
    330÷30 (4 regular shipments and 2 refreshes)= 11 days 330÷30=11

A smart player will have new shipment characters literally twice as fast as a "dumb" player. He will only refresh 22 times for each character and will only lose about 2.5 shards worth of tokens.

In conclusion sir, that is why we refresh.

If you have the luxury of banking tokens I can see it, I'm not in that position yet. Still working on getting my Phasma to 7*.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I made the mistake of using the refresh one time, because I wanted my Poggle upgrading to 5* before my next arena battle. Big mistake, I am now left with 90 tokens I can do nothing with. Usually at the end of each GW campaign I have 390 tokens left and if I didn't spend 10 shards on 1 refresh I could get another 5 character shards.