Game Update for 8/5/2016 - COMMENTS- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• ImperialTaco
    121 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yay... always wanted the separatist tag! Thanks for listening to the feedback on this oh so important character addition. (excuse the sarcasm)

On a serious note: Can we get Asajj to actually be arena worthy, like an Anakin style fix? She's sitting all by her lonesome in GW B-team limbo, waiting to steal all the buffs from that mean little girl named Rey.
  • It's funny that when bugs are fixed people think it's a good update. This is just another cash grab. They are not actually fixing any game play issues and that is the biggest problem with this game right now. It used to be fun now it's not. The focus has gone from fun to money. I agree they need to make money and have no issues with that but games should be fun. Also the prices put on things in store are terrible. If there were more things around the $5 mark that were actually worth buying then you would make more money. I'm not sure the developers see the bigger picture here.
  • FIX TEEBO!

+1
  • Me see no GW fix, me payo no more money. Simple as that. Will drop this game and the $$$$$ I paid to play...... Make it challenging but winnable, or are you saying you don't want us to earn any free stuff?
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Well, I'm glad Ive been working on my Jawas :smiley:

Oh, @BentWookiee , two words:

Tyvokka ; Lowbakka

Tell me you don't want some of that!
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Please make some "simpler team" events... I don't think most of the players except the old ones had time to farm ewok, jawas or whatever other races enough to compete or profit in those events, a jedi or droid event would be most welcome for most players since everyone has teams with droids or jedis... But idk just thinking... Maybe events should be divided in "Light side" and "Dark side" events... So everyone could participate. And have, of course, some direct events for synergy teams like jawas etc... To inspire ppl into farming them, but not forcing them to it...
  • Assajj Ventress was absolutely a Sith Apprentice. You can find this in lists of canon information readily accessible. For specifics read the book Dark Disciple. She was absolutely trained as a Sith.

People put too much stock in the rule of two. It's more of a guideline. It's a rule enforced when conveinient.

As Dooku's apprentice, Asajj became too powerful as a Sith, to the point that they could have challenged Sidious, thus she had to die.

It should be noted, that Jedi Vos was also a Sith for a short time.

All this is in the new canon.
  • Great to hear that some events are coming back. That should be a weekly and monthly thing on a constant basis (depending on which event).

But I cannot express in words how disappointed I am that the community receives nothing but silence regarding Galactic War. 103,000 views and 3,300 comments later, one would think that stopping the bleeding and sheer anger would have been a priority. You're losing paying customers, would-be paying customers, diehard fans and casual players alike. This hasn't affected just one aspect of the gaming community, it has affected everyone. Many guilds are bleeding out or experiencing players that were daily that have now turned to occasional. And that is affecting our ability to build raid coins and tackle raids, which further compounds the issues we're facing with the credit crunch, gear shortages, gear bottlenecks, etc.

And what is up with drop rates? I am experiencing between 5-10% drop rates for low level purple shards. This week I had a span where I went 4 for 64. All too often I'll do 15 and get just 1 shard. Why does this game keep taking a bad situation and decide to make it worse?

Amen
  • LessQQ_MorePewPew
    157 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Zooey wrote: »
    So Asajj is a separatist but not a Sith? That makes even less sense than Chewie synergies.

She can not be a Sith. There can only ever be two Sith at a time (Master and Apprentice). During her time she was an underling to Dooku who was an apprentice of Darth Sidious. So, Sidious and Dooku would be the only two Sith. Hence, why she was always referred to as 'the assassin'.

The prequels kind of had a continuity issue between Dooku and Darth Maul but... they had lots of issues.

To be fair, technically Ventress and Savage are classified as "Sith apprentices"...not saying that makes them full fledged Sith but for synergy purposes of this game, I suppose an argument could be made to add the tag for association reasons.

For thousands of years in the SW universe, there were more than two sith at a time.

The "rule of two" is a poor story telling crutch and should never have been forced into the plot.

Serious pet peeve.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    So will Aayla now be able to stun on counters? If so, that's HUGE!!
  • Why couldn't you fix all the bugs for QGJ? That's my only problem with this update. How hard would it have been to fix his humbling blow while you were tinkering with him?
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Aero wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »
    @aero all good points. What is your view on savage oppress being considered sith?

Is one considered sith because they are called that by others? Or because of the path one has chosen for themselves? The rule of two doesn't seem to be strictly adhered to if palpatine allows himself, dooku and maul to exist simultaneously.

@EscapeArtist51 I know sith means almost nothing currently, just as separatist means exactly nothing at this point.

Just trying to get the correct tags since they seem to be updating tags currently.

@Snake2 Darth Maul was trained in the ways of the sith from very early on, it's all he knows. When he returned from his depression, all he seeked was to become a powerful sith, and he trained his brother to be everything he was. No dancing around this one, Savage was no body guard, he was a full on sith apprentice to Maul. When Sidious sensed what was going on, he immediately shut it down in keeping of the rule of 2.

Ah but sidious left maul alive saying he "had something else for him to do" or something of that nature. Dooku was not dead at the time either, so sid knowingly violated the rule of two.

I agree with the person above who dislikes the rule of two "guideline". It's never enforced by sith, jedi, or the story tellers. If the jedi were smart they'd ignore that facade.

Anyway, it seems ambiguous to me. I'd have to go back and rewatch clone wars to formulate a stronger opinion, and I'm not interested in doing that. Thanks for the good discussion aero.

Edit: I can see why megathreads are disappointing. I'd rather have my post sent to off topic than lost in this thing.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    She wasn't a Sith rule of 2 buddy even if she had lite sabre(s) it doesnt mean she was Sith

Yup, Asajj was never a Sith. She was Dooku's bodyguard and he taught her some things, but she was never a Sith.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Awesome! Excelent work.

What about Teebo fix ? He is in stealth for 100% only during one turn after using second ability. Is this correct ?
    What about drop rate on battles tier 7 and 8 ? I am able to spend all energy from one update and do not see any stun gun or detonator ! This s a thievery. The same on tier 6 and I see only 2 purple mats !!!!!
    Should we only buy mats in shop ? It is much cheaper to buy mats tier 6,7and 8 in shippemnts. Is it intentional ? Please remember if someone will buy crystals and will not go to shippment but buy energy and will receive nothing in battles , it will be a reason to call judge about this thievery. This game is not balack jack nor roulette.
    No additional cantina energy 3 times a day. Do it or use separate energy for mods.
    I see many not important fixes.
    I can understand , money is the most important. But organising all to create the only way to do anyting only if you will buy crystals ... is for me the best motivation for not buy anyting. I planed today to buy 100 credis for twenty days , but it has no sense and I do not do it.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    StippyJr wrote: »
    Also the prices put on things in store are terrible.

You are wrong. Big wrong. The prices are low. Lets calculate if 50 cristals cost 127 energy and in one press you use it for detonators or stun guns and you receive nothing ? Ok, nothing it can be bad luck. Lets use more commont result and use for calculate 2 mats for one energy refresh.
    50 guns / 2 drops = 25 refreshes x 50 crystals = 1250 crystals. The cost in shop is similar to 1400. But time is money. You have only 2 refreshes for 50 crystal each day. This cost 1250 is only if you want to build 50 pack during 12 days. Is a possibility to do it in one day instead , worth additional 150 crystals?
    The prices in shoop are low.

The prices are not from the space. They are good calculated. EA planeed this drop rate and the price is excelent equivalent. Have you seen anywhere the official info about drop rate in tier 7 and 8 battles ? Maybe tier 6 ? I have only seen info for tier 1-4 maybe 1-5 about 40% drop rate.

• Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Please make some "simpler team" events... I don't think most of the players except the old ones had time to farm ewok, jawas or whatever other races enough to compete or profit in those events, a jedi or droid event would be most welcome for most players since everyone has teams with droids or jedis... But idk just thinking... Maybe events should be divided in "Light side" and "Dark side" events... So everyone could participate. And have, of course, some direct events for synergy teams like jawas etc... To inspire ppl into farming them, but not forcing them to it...

This is only for players from the beginig of this game. I have many chars for mod chellenges . Minimum 3 of each type. But I have had time !!!
    From the other side . I have 5 end level rebels but I do not want to have any tenacity mods. I do not need it. I have only 4 empires and I am not able to finish tier 2 challenge , but I need potency mods much. The sam with crit dmg, but I have only 3 jawas. The only nice change of this update is fact I will be able to finish tier 3 of crit chance challenge, I hope.
  • Bugs
    • Grand Master Yoda: "Masterstroke" will no longer grant Evasion Up when hitting a Poggle the Lesser with "Metal Hive."

Next Yoda bug fixed) Left to do Masterstroke's bug from IG-86 and Aayla...
  • Really ? You run credit heist the day before you add the tags to 3 more toons i must say im disapointed with this since i stopped farming shards for my weak scoundels , when i read in the community update 2 of my maxed chars will get the scoundel tag and my current team cant complete the lvl 70 heist without spending millions that i dont have due to the extreme credit crunch you introduced in mod patch
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Bobafeit wrote: »
    Really ? You run credit heist the day before you add the tags to 3 more toons i must say im disapointed with this since i stopped farming shards for my weak scoundels , when i read in the community update 2 of my maxed chars will get the scoundel tag and my current team cant complete the lvl 70 heist without spending millions that i dont have due to the extreme credit crunch you introduced in mod patch

Duh. U catch a huge break and u are upset? Everyone that will complete the event tomorrow either already had lando/scoundrels to begin with, so it doesn't matter to them. Or they specifically leveled scoundrels to participate.

The latter spent at least 6 million. And the event will have only gone 4 times before the new tags are added. So there are a lot of people that will make back only 1 to 4 million of a 6 to 12 million investment.

U didn't spend millions getting your scoundrels ready. Good job. U can only win a million. Wait until the next one. And profit. Every time I look at the 4 star fett and 6 star cad bane and 5 star chewie and greedo, and gear 8 3 star Dengar on my bench I want to vomit... all those credits and cantina tokens. I could have unlocked and leveled daka. And if I was remotely interested in scoundrels, I would have gone after lando, not fettnandncad bane, but he would have taken longer.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    Teebo is not even is the list of bugs being investigated

Come on, it is not so urgent. Just the most important personage in the most important activity
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    LastJedi, if you unlocked Boba Feet only for this event , it was your fault. Cheewie every one have, Lando is good char and everyone should have it for scoundrel and rebel team. Next Dengar from daily logins , if continue in guild shop , he has potency to be good in raid P1. Cad Bane has no sense , except as a leader of Scoundrels - but he is cheap to farm. The bigest problem for me was 5th - Greedo from arena shipment. I have had to stop farming rebel team for create him on 3th star. And he is still on 3th star nad 4th or 5th gear. He will be replaced by Solo , but maybe not ... if I will be able to use Han and IG88 ? Today event tier 1 founded my Lando's level possible to wear gear 9. This equiped Lando is able to finish tier 2 every time now.
    Investing any resources in scoundrel char from cantina shop was wasting money.

I have similar problem now like I have had with Greedo . I need 5th empire and I can not farm Stormtrooper from arena, because new Jawa and HK47 are much more important.
  • @EA_Jesse nice update, thx
    What about the new raid? Will we get it this month?
  • Aero wrote: »
    Let me explain this as simply and shortly as I can.

Palpatine is the big bad sith lord, and he has a secret identity as the leader of the Republic.

Dooku is the big bad sith lord's apprentice, and he has a secret identity as the leader of the Separatist. While there are suspicions he is sith, it's never confirmed with any proof (red lightsaber aside) and he's credited as a rogue Jedi who turned from the Republic.

As he masquerades as leader of the Separatists, he prefers needs a body guard. That used to be Jango Fett, but upon his death became Asajj.

There is nothing secret about Asajj. Palpatine knows she's being used as a body guard/assassin and allows Dooku to give her basic lightsaber and force training, but no sith training. When Palpatine felt like she learned enough, she ordered her execution.

She was never sith.

Dooku was absolutely a Sith, there is NO denying this. He was Dooku but also Darth Toranus. Palpatine himself calls him a 'Sith Lord' in Revenge when talking to Obi Wan about attacking him, where Obi Wan replies "Sith Lords are our Specialty".

The rule of 2...can NEVER be hard and fast. When Palpatine killed Plagueis (or did he???) he didn't already have Darth Maul trained. You know that he had Dooku in the wings while he had Maul. Just as he was bringing Anakin along. Maybe not Sith officially up until that moment where he stops Windu. The Sith are power hungry and evil and certainly always have plans to kill their masters and take over sometimes even having an apprentice already. The rule of 2 is for "normal" practice, but there is always turmoil at the transitions of power.

Dooku was training Ventress as a Sith he never held back and she murdered plenty of people and swam in the power of the Dark Side, and according to Dark Disciple she was considered a Sith by the Jedi as was Jedi Master Vos (his eye turned yellow, he went mad with power.

And she was raised by a JEDI and trained as a Padawan!!!!!
    And she is a Bounty Hunter!!!!

She should have the following tags: Night Sister, Sith, Bounty Hunter, Jedi, Dark Side, Light Side and Human. Ventress is one of the BEST character in the SW universe and deserves to be better with her stats and all.

• Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Sure, why not run Credit Heist before the new scoundrels have thir tgas...And I was just excited that I'd be able to complete Tier 2 :smiley:
  • Tomek wrote: »
    StippyJr wrote: »
    Also the prices put on things in store are terrible.

You are wrong. Big wrong. The prices are low. Lets calculate if 50 cristals cost 127 energy and in one press you use it for detonators or stun guns and you receive nothing ? Ok, nothing it can be bad luck. Lets use more commont result and use for calculate 2 mats for one energy refresh.
    50 guns / 2 drops = 25 refreshes x 50 crystals = 1250 crystals. The cost in shop is similar to 1400. But time is money. You have only 2 refreshes for 50 crystal each day. This cost 1250 is only if you want to build 50 pack during 12 days. Is a possibility to do it in one day instead , worth additional 150 crystals?
    The prices in shoop are low.

The prices are not from the space. They are good calculated. EA planeed this drop rate and the price is excelent equivalent. Have you seen anywhere the official info about drop rate in tier 7 and 8 battles ? Maybe tier 6 ? I have only seen info for tier 1-4 maybe 1-5 about 40% drop rate.

Box of 1340 crystals = $10. Price of a piece of raid gear= 1400 crystals. $10 for a piece of gear in this game is not reasonable
  • FIX TEEBO!

REWORK BOBA's!
  • First time I see the game that becomes worse and worse due to bug fixes =\
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    The good: new toons with scaundrels tags / telling previously wich events will be up / fixing some bugs - Thank you

Oh, no. IG-88 and STH still DO NOT have the tag. Enjoy. Especialy with credit heist event now...
  • @EA_Jesse

Please fix the coin counter so we can monitor daily guild coin contributions. Thank you.
  • NienNunb wrote: »
    Darth Sidious needs a tag adjustment...

To what?
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
This discussion has been closed.